Racism and Shamefully Poor Moderation

    • Racism and Shamefully Poor Moderation

      Hello everyone,

      I'd like to kindly ask the moderators of Albion Online to re-peruse the basic rules of community standards.
      On the other hand, the Developers ought to introduce and enforce better rules in order to decrease the number of "toxicism".

      The issue is the following: if you speak a 2nd language in the /en chat you'll get punished/muted, which is completely comprehensible.
      However, if somebody is outrageously racist (politically, racially, religiously), verbally grossly abuses others are NOT punished right in time or nearly at all.
      This is a common problem among the people in the community, and what I've witnessed is the moderators do NOT seem to care too much about the aforementioned case.

      In order to keep the quality of the community as high and clean as possible, you SHOULD take actions against racists, this is your DUTY. Many people are getting extremely tired of the current quality and inaction.
      Personally muting everyone isn't an option, and I tell you why: the limit is 150 people, it's simply not enough. Another point is that it won't solve the issue, muting won't get people to stop.

      I'm not looking forward answers such as "sorry that you feel this way, but we do what we can", because this ISN'T
      true! Every single day, most of the time the very exact same people
      harass others and spread racism which is unbearable and the fact that
      nothing is being done is unbelievable.

      Hire more and better moderators who DO care about the real issues, not just 'don't spam, don't talk in Thai'. This is NOT moderation, this is just poor parenting and reluctancy.
      Mute or even chat-ban those who is contrary to the serious regulations.

      Hope to see an immediate change regarding it.

      ~ Nourve
      ~ Nourve

      For Lymhurst!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Nourve ().

    • People are just dumb man, they suck at a game or have a bad life and don't do anything about it.. So what do they do? try to trigger people... try to insult people... etc etc etc. In the end the people who are getting insulted are laughing.

      They have their own house, they have a family, they have a job, they make money, they are generally happy in life....

      Unlike the insulter, still living with mom, living in the basement. No job, no money, Living off of Biden Bucks. Its a sad life.
    • Rainphase wrote:

      People are just dumb man, they suck at a game or have a bad life and don't do anything about it.. So what do they do? try to trigger people... try to insult people... etc etc etc. In the end the people who are getting insulted are laughing.

      They have their own house, they have a family, they have a job, they make money, they are generally happy in life....

      Unlike the insulter, still living with mom, living in the basement. No job, no money, Living off of Biden Bucks. Its a sad life.
      Yeah, they should cry about how sad they are about their video game life, threaten to quit a bunch, say they uninstalled the game, but still show up to cry and make sure people know how unhappy they are.

      That's the way to be a well adjusted adult.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • Piddle wrote:

      Rainphase wrote:

      People are just dumb man, they suck at a game or have a bad life and don't do anything about it.. So what do they do? try to trigger people... try to insult people... etc etc etc. In the end the people who are getting insulted are laughing.

      They have their own house, they have a family, they have a job, they make money, they are generally happy in life....

      Unlike the insulter, still living with mom, living in the basement. No job, no money, Living off of Biden Bucks. Its a sad life.
      Yeah, they should cry about how sad they are about their video game life, threaten to quit a bunch, say they uninstalled the game, but still show up to cry and make sure people know how unhappy they are.
      That's the way to be a well adjusted adult.
      If you are going to implicate something just come right out and say it, but hey people can't be direct because they need to try to underhandedly cut people.. Pitiful little Piddle.

      Anyway to respond to your Bullshit.

      Lesson #1. People don't cry about video games, if they do they need to re-evaluate their life. People spend time playing and complain about good things they have seen destroyed. There is a difference, if you fail to realize this, well... not everyone can be on the same level of intellectual thought.

      Lesson #2. I uninstalled the game because I am unhappy with it and no longer with to spend my time playing the game.. Simple as that

      Lesson #3. Please refer to lesson #1 Piddle... Just because I decide to still be active on the forums doesn't mean im Crying.. Please see Lesson #1 again Piddle, in fact read it till you engrave that on your brain cells.

      Lesson #4. If you are going to call people out and then talk about being an adult you better have your shit squeaky clean.. but you don't.. you are a troll and superbly active at that.. Granted Ill give you this, you do provide feedback as well but bud you have been handing out salt more than I have in this game. So please See Lesson #1 again cause you still don't get it.

      Thanks,

      Enjoy the Session.
    • @Nourve.............. what part of free speech do you not understand? the first amendment is there to protect speech you disagree with not speech you find acceptable. if you see something that offends you or hurts your feelings then you can either cry about it or grow up and go somewhere else. I like how YOU think you know what someone else's job is much less their responsibility. if your precious little feelings get hurt by trolling maybe you should go find a single player game where you can cry by yourself. who is going to decide what is offensive? who is going to decide what political speech is approved and which isn't? that is why freedom of speech is so important because it is not left up for one person like yourself to decide. if you tune into a radio station and don't like it you can turn the channel, just like this game which is FREE and they owe you NOTHING. you don't have to like it, and you don't have to play it, you can go and play candy land by yourself all day long. i find the notion of him being considered offensive yet i think they have the right to state their opinion just like i do for mine. see there i solved your problem for you, now here's a helmet go out into the real world snowflake and be careful no one else gives a crap about your feelings out there. :)
      3

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: I removed the political references in the post. Please keep it civil. ().

    • @pr3moorejeremys so are you saying you have the right to push your opinion but snowflakes like me do not have right to say our opinion?

      So your opinion about being able to troll and be rude is more valuable than my opinion that people should try to get along <3

      Read that constitution you hold so dear, and the bible, quran, shiit any book. You are on the wrong side. You are the reason religions have been created to fight against. People like you are the scum of the world.

      Yes we have to listen to your bullshit, you have the right to be an idiot. Sure. Go ahead. But when you write stuff like:


      "is it illegal to be racist, NOPE. wouldn't you rather give people the freedom to express those views so you would know who you would want to be friends with, sure."

      You are very close to crossing the line to "instigating against group of people" and in many countries that IS a crime.


      edit: including the rules of these forums, the rules you have agreed to follow.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

    • Apotosariel wrote:

      Rainphase wrote:

      They have their own house, they have a family, they have a job, they make money, they are generally happy in life....
      Is this what makes a person happy in life. That's news to me. Paint me surprised.

      @pr3moorejeremys if his crying bothers you, you can go and play candy land by yourself.
      I have all of these things but maybe its because I own them all and don't owe any money.. (exception of family / job ... things you can't own lol) But yes generally i'm happy in life. Everything has its ups and downs but its a hell of a start.. sure beats room sharing or living with your parents etc etc.

      Despite what people say Money can buy happiness, for how long is the question.. that really depends on the person.
    • @ Ravenar........you are missing my point. i am fine with you or anyone else expressing your opinions. i don't have to agree with them and you do not have to agree with yours. the point is that if you are crying over being offended then maybe you are not ready for the real world. I am not a racist nor do i condone nor agree with any of their assertions however they do have as much right to speak freely as you or i do. i for one would appreciate knowing who they are so i can avoid them. being offensive is also not a crime so trying to tell the moderators they have a DUTY to police the comments section is ludicrous. if you break the law is my responsibility to stop you? that would be law enforcement which the devs are not. BTW have you ever noticed how much your customer service experience got better after you told someone else what their job actually was? me neither....its like insulting the cook after you place your order......good luck with that. the devs are busting their butts on this game and have enough other crap to deal with please do not add your micro transgressions and hurt feelings to their already long to do list. i find it crazy to complain about a free game. for the record i do not like trolls but they do exist and as a veteran i have probably heard worse than you have which is why i have such thick skin. there are toxic people out there who feed off your insecurities and weaknesses and when you whine or cry about what they said because it hurt your feelings or offended you, then you just gave them more reason to do what they do.
    • what makes it all funny is all the rules are clearly "stated" in In-game Chat Moderation & Forum Rules
      and basically there is no consequences on it. They literally could put an auto-ban system in game for racial slurs at the minimum (with a language filter because some language like Spanish actually use some words that in a different language (English) that can be considered a Slur.).

      and for @pr3moorejeremys you can take your amendment and shove it where ever you want, this is a private service offered from Germany. So they have the right to ban you if they want if you break their rules and TOS if they so desire. Regardless of your Free speech right. they are allowed to moderate to the extent they want their platform/game and that includes on what they want to allow people to say in chat. (Take R6 siege for examples on this, if you straight up type racial slur, you get auto banned/suspended or if you start using characters to go around the limitation and somebody records it, you get banned). And funnily enough, they ain't preventing your free speech, just keeping the toxicity at bay and making sure things are more related to the game then to just be a toxic pos in a video game.

      SBI has a lot to learn. This kinda sounds like a valid critique. No clue why they moved it to rant since it is somewhere they drastically need to improve, especially with mobile release on the horizon, they'll get booted so quick of the appstore for this type of toxic chat that is allowed, it will be hilarious. (I mean they did put a profanity filter if I recall, but that ain't enough tbf).

      the real thing is they actually should just look into getting an age rating (any of the following: ESRB, PEGI, GRAC, CERO, ACB, ClassInd, USK, might be missing some, but that what I had on the top of my head).

      they'll probably get one assigned by IARC at worst, but having the current free for all with close to no moderation can only hurt the game in the general chats.
    • Nourve wrote:

      Hello everyone,

      I'd like to kindly ask the moderators of Albion Online to re-peruse the basic rules of community standards.
      On the other hand, the Developers ought to introduce and enforce better rules in order to decrease the number of "toxicism".

      The issue is the following: if you speak a 2nd language in the /en chat you'll get punished/muted, which is completely comprehensible.
      However, if somebody is outrageously racist (politically, racially, religiously), verbally grossly abuses others are NOT punished right in time or nearly at all.
      This is a common problem among the people in the community, and what I've witnessed is the moderators do NOT seem to care too much about the aforementioned case.

      In order to keep the quality of the community as high and clean as possible, you SHOULD take actions against racists, this is your DUTY. Many people are getting extremely tired of the current quality and inaction.
      Personally muting everyone isn't an option, and I tell you why: the limit is 150 people, it's simply not enough. Another point is that it won't solve the issue, muting won't get people to stop.

      I'm not looking forward answers such as "sorry that you feel this way, but we do what we can", because this ISN'T
      true! Every single day, most of the time the very exact same people
      harass others and spread racism which is unbearable and the fact that
      nothing is being done is unbelievable.

      Hire more and better moderators who DO care about the real issues, not just 'don't spam, don't talk in Thai'. This is NOT moderation, this is just poor parenting and reluctancy.
      Mute or even chat-ban those who is contrary to the serious regulations.

      Hope to see an immediate change regarding it.

      ~ Nourve

      Hi,

      Thanks for letting us know your thoughts about the current moderation situation!

      Following that, I'd like to clarify a couple of points to help with understanding our moderation process a bit better. When it comes to racism and hate speech in general, this is not tolerated as per In-game Chat Moderation & Forum Rules. If you see someone doing that, please report the player by right-clicking on their name in chat next to the offending message, and select ‘Report’. If you have screenshots or would like to file a more detailed report, please send that into support@albiononline.com. We go through and investigate all reports in the back end, even though we cannot reveal the individual outcome to you for privacy purposes. If a player is spreading toxicity, this is also something that we moderate.

      I would also like to assure you that actions are being taken, even though it may not be visible to the players, as moderators may not always be speaking in the public channel while moderating it. That said, whilst we ask players to use the dedicated channels (if applicable) and not to spam, this does not mean that we only care about such issues. In the end, our goal is to make the ingame chat a better experience for players as a whole and we also bringing on new additions to the mod team to help with this.

      As a quick final note to address what @Deathskills brought up, we do have a profanity filter in place and are always looking into improvements into it.

      - Mytherceria

      Mytherceria#3744
    • Mytherceria wrote:

      Hi,

      Thanks for letting us know your thoughts about the current moderation situation!

      Following that, I'd like to clarify a couple of points to help with understanding our moderation process a bit better. When it comes to racism and hate speech in general, this is not tolerated as per In-game Chat Moderation & Forum Rules. If you see someone doing that, please report the player by right-clicking on their name in chat next to the offending message, and select ‘Report’. If you have screenshots or would like to file a more detailed report, please send that into support@albiononline.com. We go through and investigate all reports in the back end, even though we cannot reveal the individual outcome to you for privacy purposes. If a player is spreading toxicity, this is also something that we moderate.

      I would also like to assure you that actions are being taken, even though it may not be visible to the players, as moderators may not always be speaking in the public channel while moderating it. That said, whilst we ask players to use the dedicated channels (if applicable) and not to spam, this does not mean that we only care about such issues. In the end, our goal is to make the ingame chat a better experience for players as a whole and we also bringing on new additions to the mod team to help with this.

      As a quick final note to address what @Deathskills brought up, we do have a profanity filter in place and are always looking into improvements into it.

      - Mytherceria
      I am curious then, how are games like R6 Siege able to show ig chats when people are banned for cheating or Toxicity? How does this relates to privacy?
      As far as I know, knowing that character X was banned for RMT, cheating or being toxic in chat wouldn't breach any privacy much since just for the chat part, everyone probably saw what caused them to be banned in the General chat.

      Really curious on this since other game developer have shown publicly bans/sanctions in chat without causing privacy issues as far as I know.
    • You're a grown up on the internet....moderate it yourself. Ignore people. WOW WHAT A NOVEL IDEA GUYS I SHOULD GET PAID FOR THIS INFORMATION!!

      It's the internet...people are gonna say disgusting stuff. Get over it or maybe you shouldn't be on internet.
      It's cry babies who can't handle the internet who are the same ones crying to take this game in a more care bear hold your hand type direction.
    • ViLEuo wrote:

      You're a grown up on the internet....moderate it yourself. Ignore people. WOW WHAT A NOVEL IDEA GUYS I SHOULD GET PAID FOR THIS INFORMATION!!

      It's the internet...people are gonna say disgusting stuff. Get over it or maybe you shouldn't be on internet.
      It's cry babies who can't handle the internet who are the same ones crying to take this game in a more care bear hold your hand type direction.
      Tthe issue is that SBi might be aiming for 12+ rating for the app stores. which means this isn't acceptable at all. (though technically by enabling the profanity filter by default probably makes it fine)

      I do get your point though. Doesn't mean that it is something that shouldn't be moderated by the devs since it can allow people to cultivate a really toxic attitude (which i think is already heavily present ig due to the "lack" and "laissez-faire" attitude in the past.

      And the profanity filter isn't enough to compensate for people bringing trash talk to personal insult because there is a huge difference between both. Sadly for a lot of people, they don't know how to make a difference.
    • Nourve wrote:

      Hello everyone,

      I'd like to kindly ask the moderators of Albion Online to re-peruse the basic rules of community standards.
      On the other hand, the Developers ought to introduce and enforce better rules in order to decrease the number of "toxicism".

      The issue is the following: if you speak a 2nd language in the /en chat you'll get punished/muted, which is completely comprehensible.
      However, if somebody is outrageously racist (politically, racially, religiously), verbally grossly abuses others are NOT punished right in time or nearly at all.
      This is a common problem among the people in the community, and what I've witnessed is the moderators do NOT seem to care too much about the aforementioned case.

      In order to keep the quality of the community as high and clean as possible, you SHOULD take actions against racists, this is your DUTY. Many people are getting extremely tired of the current quality and inaction.
      Personally muting everyone isn't an option, and I tell you why: the limit is 150 people, it's simply not enough. Another point is that it won't solve the issue, muting won't get people to stop.

      I'm not looking forward answers such as "sorry that you feel this way, but we do what we can", because this ISN'T
      true! Every single day, most of the time the very exact same people
      harass others and spread racism which is unbearable and the fact that
      nothing is being done is unbelievable.

      Hire more and better moderators who DO care about the real issues, not just 'don't spam, don't talk in Thai'. This is NOT moderation, this is just poor parenting and reluctancy.
      Mute or even chat-ban those who is contrary to the serious regulations.

      Hope to see an immediate change regarding it.

      ~ Nourve
      Stop doing drugs and just ignore toxic, racist etc. players. Don't be a control freak it's the internet. You probably haven't seen the days of mIRC you wouldn't survive that age tbh. So stay off cheap drugs and just move on.