What happened with the gold price?!

• What happened with the gold price?!

Yesterday I couldn't get online to catch up with Albion, but I knew a new referral programme reward was acquired.

Over all the past new referral rewards, I've always seen the gold price spike upwards by about 250 to 500 silver, depending on how demanded the reward is.

Until I suddenly saw the gold price today, it took a major tip to 2.000 silver each in the graphs, to even a massive dip of 1.000 each at midnight.

What the heck is going on???
    • There are people in this game with Billions of Gold. You can tank SBI for not banning the Thousands and Thousands of players that abused one of the update bugs affecting books and the laborers you used to be able to buy them all for a static price and people bought Hundreds and Hundred and Hundreds of thousands of T8 books then broke them down to actually Generate SIlver. or Just sold them over time on the market for the "new" price. During this time 10's or 100's of Billions of Silver were generated and "BANS" were issues but the players were eventually unbanned and nothing was taken away from them. This is how some players who didn't start from the beginning now have Millions to Billions of gold.
    • Rainphase wrote:

There are people in this game with Billions of Gold. You can tank SBI for not banning the Thousands and Thousands of players that abused one of the update bugs affecting books and the laborers you used to be able to buy them all for a static price and people bought Hundreds and Hundred and Hundreds of thousands of T8 books then broke them down to actually Generate SIlver. or Just sold them over time on the market for the "new" price. During this time 10's or 100's of Billions of Silver were generated and "BANS" were issues but the players were eventually unbanned and nothing was taken away from them. This is how some players who didn't start from the beginning now have Millions to Billions of gold.
      Hey there,

when issues like that happen, we generally take decisive action and recover ill-gotten gains and issue bans where appropriate. That is not just critical for the health of the game overall, but, in particular when it comes to gold, also for our business model.

On top of that, we always conduct a very thorough analytics of any impact on the overall game economy, and in each of these cases, the impact was absolutely minimal. (i.e. even *before* recovery, the total amount of silver arising from a particular exploit being just a small percentage of what the game generates normally per day), which becomes absolutely tiny after all the claw backs are done.

The main issue with these problems is mostly the loss of trust, i.e. that some players suspect that others got insanely rich due to an exploit, and that we somehow don't care - which is just not the case.

Finally, note that in your example, gold was not even affected, as the scenario you describe could be used to gain silver. That does not increase the amount of gold in the game.
    • Korn wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

There are people in this game with Billions of Gold. You can tank SBI for not banning the Thousands and Thousands of players that abused one of the update bugs affecting books and the laborers you used to be able to buy them all for a static price and people bought Hundreds and Hundred and Hundreds of thousands of T8 books then broke them down to actually Generate SIlver. or Just sold them over time on the market for the "new" price. During this time 10's or 100's of Billions of Silver were generated and "BANS" were issues but the players were eventually unbanned and nothing was taken away from them. This is how some players who didn't start from the beginning now have Millions to Billions of gold.
      Hey there,
      when issues like that happen, we generally take decisive action and recover ill-gotten gains and issue bans where appropriate. That is not just critical for the health of the game overall, but, in particular when it comes to gold, also for our business model.

On top of that, we always conduct a very thorough analytics of any impact on the overall game economy, and in each of these cases, the impact was absolutely minimal. (i.e. even *before* recovery, the total amount of silver arising from a particular exploit being just a small percentage of what the game generates normally per day), which becomes absolutely tiny after all the claw backs are done.

The main issue with these problems is mostly the loss of trust, i.e. that some players suspect that others got insanely rich due to an exploit, and that we somehow don't care - which is just not the case.

Finally, note that in your example, gold was not even affected, as the scenario you describe could be used to gain silver. That does not increase the amount of gold in the game.
      Don't worry about trust, that is the only thing you can't loose, at least from my side...
    • Korn wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

Hey there,

I'm not talking from speculations, I know many many people who have already quit who made out with over 5-10B profit from the escapade none of them receive a ban or their gains taken away. At the time gold was around 300 per.. At that time taking the 5b Profit they made that is over 16M Gold when converting silver to gold. Today if they were to turn that Gold into Silver would be 166B Silver. Which is enough to affect the Gold price for a short time which was seen last night I believe it was.

Yes obviously you guys have taken a risk analysis etc. But your stance on how this affects the game has 1. Left MANY players with trust issues if they have not quit the game like I have (having witnessed this affect on MANY fronts on different aspects over time. (this is not the only thing that has happened)

But 2. Leaves people feeling they have been betrayed and their hard work to get to where they are was for nothing.

and 3. Leave speculation like you described however some of us older players Know facts and its not speculation, newer players who didn't play during that time only have speculation.

Case and point: The faction points was incorrectly gained.. I know some people who had gained well over 500k+ Faction points if not close to 1million and have achieve a HIGH ranking in Caerleon faction because of it. You guys implemented a fix for it and adjusted it back but then adjusted it EVEN lower and then reduced the amount of daily points required for chests and points gained overall. Thus Multiplying the effect of ill gotten faction points for ranking. Making that 500k-1m in faction points Worth MORE and MORE and MORE time. Setting every other player who was not online taking advantage of that back EVEN further.

A new update hit, Caerleon was a new faction with 0 points.. Shortly after, the hustle to get high rank was destroyed by this issue and has cause MANY players to quit including myself. I have witnessed way too many thing like this, and it has destroyed my will to play the game.

@Korn
    • Rainphase wrote:

Korn wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

Hey there,when issues like that happen, we generally take decisive action and recover ill-gotten gains and issue bans where appropriate. That is not just critical for the health of the game overall, but, in particular when it comes to gold, also for our business model.

I'm not talking from speculations, I know many many people who have already quit who made out with over 5-10B profit from the escapade none of them receive a ban or their gains taken away. At the time gold was around 300 per.. At that time taking the 5b Profit they made that is over 16M Gold when converting silver to gold. Today if they were to turn that Gold into Silver would be 166B Silver. Which is enough to affect the Gold price for a short time which was seen last night I believe it was.
      Yes obviously you guys have taken a risk analysis etc. But your stance on how this affects the game has 1. Left MANY players with trust issues if they have not quit the game like I have (having witnessed this affect on MANY fronts on different aspects over time. (this is not the only thing that has happened)

But 2. Leaves people feeling they have been betrayed and their hard work to get to where they are was for nothing.

and 3. Leave speculation like you described however some of us older players Know facts and its not speculation, newer players who didn't play during that time only have speculation.

Case and point: The faction points was incorrectly gained.. I know some people who had gained well over 500k+ Faction points if not close to 1million and have achieve a HIGH ranking in Caerleon faction because of it. You guys implemented a fix for it and adjusted it back but then adjusted it EVEN lower and then reduced the amount of daily points required for chests and points gained overall. Thus Multiplying the effect of ill gotten faction points for ranking. Making that 500k-1m in faction points Worth MORE and MORE and MORE time. Setting every other player who was not online taking advantage of that back EVEN further.

A new update hit, Caerleon was a new faction with 0 points.. Shortly after, the hustle to get high rank was destroyed by this issue and has cause MANY players to quit including myself. I have witnessed way too many thing like this, and it has destroyed my will to play the game.

@Korn
      oh that's probably the reason why the faction hearts prices dropped instantly and most capes went cheap

The post was edited 1 time, last by nyanpower ().

• nyanpower wrote:

oh that's probably the reason why the faction hearts prices dropped instantly and most capes went cheap
      I won’t say that didn’t contribute to the drop in price, but I make about 100k faction points per day doing RZ content, imagine if I could sell the hearts and crests for the old price, and every single player in the game could, I don’t think the economy can sustain that. I think the price is going to go down even more, to 50k something maybe? And it’s going to oscillate around that number. The price kept decreasing since before the patch problem, and it has experienced a steady depreciation since launch day, at least from what I have seen.
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March is :v
    • She0gorath wrote:

nyanpower wrote:

I won’t say that didn’t contribute to the drop in price, but I make about 100k faction points per day doing RZ content, imagine if I could sell the hearts and crests for the old price, and every single player in the game could, I don’t think the economy can sustain that. I think the price is going to go down even more, to 50k something maybe? And it’s going to oscillate around that number. The price kept decreasing since before the patch problem, and it has experienced a steady depreciation since launch day, at least from what I have seen.
      it didn't really drop that hard when the faction update hit even after a week or so I buy these things weekly and I know that they were around 65-70k it just dropped hard suddenly from 70k to 50k and there's no reason why it should drop hard like that unless there was a sudden influx of hearts out of nowhere and overflooding the market like crazy
    • Rainphase wrote:

At the time gold was around 300 per.
      I'm not going to go through all the reasons that the things this person said are, at best, hyperbolic and at worst straight up fan fiction, written by a guy who quit the game after SBI accidentally booped faction points. But, he can't even get the basic facts of the situation right.

Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • Piddle wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

At the time gold was around 300 per.
      I'm not going to go through all the reasons that the things this person said are, at best, hyperbolic and at worst straight up fan fiction, written by a guy who quit the game after SBI accidentally booped faction points. But, he can't even get the basic facts of the situation right.

Oh I appologize for my number not being 100% exact.. The point of the matter still remains relevant. You just want to pick fun at math. Hyperbolic and fan fiction Lol.. When you know about 50 players at the time that all did the same thing and got about 5-10B Silver each... Its not fan fiction.

I myself made around 500m but that wasn't from salvaging the books it was from selling them to people later down the line.

Other people most likely made out hundreds of bill with Stacks and stacks of t7 t8 books selling them on market later.
    • Rainphase wrote:

I don't understand. Shouldn't that mean that the gold prize would go up instead of down? If people have a lot of silver from a bug or exploit, and they all use it to buy gold, there is more demand for it than supply.

But the price of gold has been going down from 3100 to 2900 on a steady pace for the past 2 months. So unless the affected people have been buying gold at a really silent pace, there's nothing in the price history that shows this was of relevance.
    • Korn wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

Hey there,

So will action be taken upon the gains from market-dip that made people billions or? Personally, It won't affect me as silver only has so much use, premium and gear to die in battle with.

But, I'll admit it does feel a bit bad to know I could have gotten my normal 6months premium for 14mil and not 40mil, and i'm sure i'm not the only one that harbors feelings like that.
    • Knuffeldraak wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

I don't understand. Shouldn't that mean that the gold prize would go up instead of down? If people have a lot of silver from a bug or exploit, and they all use it to buy gold, there is more demand for it than supply.
      But the price of gold has been going down from 3100 to 2900 on a steady pace for the past 2 months. So unless the affected people have been buying gold at a really silent pace, there's nothing in the price history that shows this was of relevance.
      We are talking about ill gotten gains from the past.. Someone who had Billions or hundreds of mills of gold.. DUMPED a TON causing the price to tank from 3k to 1k overnight temporarily. It went back to normal cause people TOOK HUGE advantage on that and bought gold to resell back at 3k+
    • Rainphase wrote:

Knuffeldraak wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

I don't understand. Shouldn't that mean that the gold prize would go up instead of down? If people have a lot of silver from a bug or exploit, and they all use it to buy gold, there is more demand for it than supply.But the price of gold has been going down from 3100 to 2900 on a steady pace for the past 2 months. So unless the affected people have been buying gold at a really silent pace, there's nothing in the price history that shows this was of relevance.
      We are talking about ill gotten gains from the past.. Someone who had Billions or hundreds of mills of gold.. DUMPED a TON causing the price to tank from 3k to 1k overnight temporarily. It went back to normal cause people TOOK HUGE advantage on that and bought gold to resell back at 3k+
      From what I've heard it was some Chinese players found a bug where they can buy gold for $0 and dumped millions into the market (just saw this on reddit)
    • Hello.

I don t know what happened but it seems to me like a lot of "fake" gold was pumped into the economy (along the lines of what Robinhoodrs or nyanpower said) and even if the people that were responsible for this were punished that currency is still in the economy since no rollback happened.
      I love this game and i ve been supporting it for a year now but seeing how you didn t handle this situation sadly my trust in you is gone so i will not spend another cent in this game.
      I would like to hear another plausible explanation that counters what i think. I would like to believe that someone just spent thousands of dollars on gold and sold it all at once but the other hypothesis seems more probable.
    • As long the amount of active players keep increasing the gold price should increase because there will be a higher silver volume in the economy. When you don't know what to do with silver usually you buy gold.

Possible reasons for gold price drop:
      • Lower amount of active players, but recent news suggest an improvement
      • Big amount of players creating another characters, sell gold to buy premium and build a more islands
    • New

benfikista wrote:

As long the amount of active players keep increasing the gold price should increase because there will be a higher silver volume in the economy. When you don't know what to do with silver usually you buy gold.

Possible reasons for gold price drop:
      • Lower amount of active players, but recent news suggest an improvement
      • Big amount of players creating another characters, sell gold to buy premium and build a more islands

I agree but it''s worth should vary slightly not 3 times. Still there are people with lots of money and some of them play Albion or maybe an anomaly where lots of people decided to sell their gold.

Another problem that isn''t common but could be damaging for the game in the future is "speed hacking". I knew about this but i didn''t mind because i usually play in the yellow zones and when i go to the full loot zones i just wear cheap gear.
      I know a lot of games are plagued by cheaters and they can be hard to deal with... Maybe investing more in their security would give the game and it''s parents an even better reputation and more players and more money in time.
    • New

nyanpower wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

Knuffeldraak wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

I don't understand. Shouldn't that mean that the gold prize would go up instead of down? If people have a lot of silver from a bug or exploit, and they all use it to buy gold, there is more demand for it than supply.But the price of gold has been going down from 3100 to 2900 on a steady pace for the past 2 months. So unless the affected people have been buying gold at a really silent pace, there's nothing in the price history that shows this was of relevance.
      From what I've heard it was some Chinese players found a bug where they can buy gold for $0 and dumped millions into the market (just saw this on reddit)
      Amazing yet another thing SBI won't fix correctly. Glad I uninstalled yesterday