A question for crafters

• A question for crafters

Crafting vs refining? I've maxed out one of my refiners, but I wonder what the profit is like if I were to craft weapons/armor instead of refine.. Any high-tier/maxed out crafters mind sharing information about their average profits? As a maxed out resource refiner I make at minimum 1mil per 10k focus.

And to anyone who says "Craft gear with the resources you refine", that's not very good if you're looking for profit only.. If resource refining profit per focus is 120 silver, why would I use my focus on refining+crafting if the profits were lower (or the opposite)?
    • 10k focus yeah. those markets don't always exist so it's a bit of a higher end. i think 1.3-1.8m a day is a reasonable expectation for a lot of trees though

strongly recommend the second character, if you set up personal islands / guild islands right and play in similar towns it isn't really that much more effort for a once every 3 days thing.
    • Romanold wrote:

DigitalDodo wrote:

Crafting vs refining? ... but I wonder what the profit is like if I were to craft weapons/armor instead of refine.
      Am i an idiot? (it happens) ... or you obviously need to refine before craft?
      I believe that a possibility is crafting without yourself also refining. If you are not out for the max fame, it is often more profitable to gather resources, sell resources, buy refined product to craft with. In many if not most cases, the refined product (say leather) is cheaper than the resources (hide and base leather) which make it up. This is the route I often take.
      Learn something new every day.