Ganking Nerfs and Feedback

    • Combat Balance
    • Ganking Nerfs and Feedback

      Consistently over the past year there has been significant and non-stop nerfs to various methods of ganking. This has been happening since the introduction of the new blackzone/Hideouts and is turning the game into a carebare where the only fighting allowed is when both parties consent. There has been 0 buffs to ganking however the following nerfs have drastically nerfed it. The only exception may be the introduction of the grailseeker however with this came the scepter and aegis.

      - Having up to 7 Hideouts in a zone?! and sharing of hideouts
      - Roads portals everywhere
      - Nerfing of Morgana Raven, morgana Nightmare (a 12M mount btw) fearing mounts
      - Wells at the portal zones with huge AOE zones on either side of portal zones
      - Upcoming frost staff nerf, bearpaws nerf, bloodletter nerf
      - Increase of mounts HPs signifcantly Bear HP was increased by ~900 with no other stat change as well as other mounts speeds increased
      - Solo dungeons closing after 60s
      - Buffs to gathering gear
      - Invisibility potions lasting between instances (solo/group diving when they have scouts)

      These are some I can think of just the top of my head. This is ruining large portion of the game and is turning the game more into a game of numbers IE a 20 man group spread through a zone catching everyone in it because of purely power in numbers. It will turn the game into a way of cheesing rather than skill through the utilisation of ganking scouts, numbers, etc more so than it already is. Some potential ways to revive the blackzone and the game in general:

      - Reduce the amount of open world roads portals, There shouldnt be more than 1 per zone at most, I feel as though it should be more of a labrinth than a transportation method.
      - Reduce HO cap per zone (leaving existing zones at their current amount till it drops below or at the threshold from being destroyed)
      - Stop nerfing every possible way to dismount someone and make it more skill based rather than number based/cheese

      Other suggestions are welcome. Im not saying every nerf isn't warranted some are definetly healthy for the game however there has to be a limit before it goes to far and will result in dirty stratigies to achieve kills which we have begun seeing. It is now near impossible to solo dungeon dive, the only way to kill Bears, high CC mounts etc are Claws which is frankly boring, doesnt require to much skill and at this rate will be reworked shortly because they are used in ganking. Please think of healthier/more skill based changes for the sake of the game. Thank you.
    • Don't you think that maybe developers don't want to see ganking and "unfair", spontaneous, solo or small scale pvp?

      Personally, i gave up any hopes on the project since as a solo pvp player i was pushed in terribly boring and lame niche of "do pve for half an hour to get 50% to meet a rat or have a shit fight".

      Game changed, it prefers other kind of players it used to attract, IMO it is best to accept it and move on.
    • - Reduce the amount of open world roads portals, There shouldnt be more than 1 per zone at most, I feel as though it should be more of a labrinth than a transportation method.
      - Reduce HO cap per zone (leaving existing zones at their current amount till it drops below or at the threshold from being destroyed)
      - Stop nerfing every possible way to dismount someone and make it more skill based rather than number based/cheese


      YEAHH DO IT .. and ....

      a 20 man group spread through a zone catching everyone.. why do you think they will stop and say '' oh no . now its fair . lets gank solo ''

      LOL ..
    • N1colai wrote:

      - Reduce the amount of open world roads portals, There shouldnt be more than 1 per zone at most, I feel as though it should be more of a labrinth than a transportation method.
      - Reduce HO cap per zone (leaving existing zones at their current amount till it drops below or at the threshold from being destroyed)
      - Stop nerfing every possible way to dismount someone and make it more skill based rather than number based/cheese


      YEAHH DO IT .. and ....

      a 20 man group spread through a zone catching everyone.. why do you think they will stop and say '' oh no . now its fair . lets gank solo ''

      LOL ..
      Yes there will be people who still gank in excessively large groups however through some changes the need to be in a large group will be reduced, large group ganking has already been deincentivised through higher trash rates which is good and healthy but through more nerfs causes the need for bigger groups. Large groups need to be deincentivised more in favour of smaller squads.
    • Ellaraa wrote:

      Consistently over the past year there has been significant and non-stop nerfs to various methods of ganking. This has been happening since the introduction of the new blackzone/Hideouts and is turning the game into a carebare where the only fighting allowed is when both parties consent. There has been 0 buffs to ganking however the following nerfs have drastically nerfed it. The only exception may be the introduction of the grailseeker however with this came the scepter and aegis.

      - Having up to 7 Hideouts in a zone?! and sharing of hideouts
      - Roads portals everywhere
      - Nerfing of Morgana Raven, morgana Nightmare (a 12M mount btw) fearing mounts
      - Wells at the portal zones with huge AOE zones on either side of portal zones
      - Upcoming frost staff nerf, bearpaws nerf, bloodletter nerf
      - Increase of mounts HPs signifcantly Bear HP was increased by ~900 with no other stat change as well as other mounts speeds increased
      - Solo dungeons closing after 60s
      - Buffs to gathering gear
      - Invisibility potions lasting between instances (solo/group diving when they have scouts)

      These are some I can think of just the top of my head. This is ruining large portion of the game and is turning the game more into a game of numbers IE a 20 man group spread through a zone catching everyone in it because of purely power in numbers. It will turn the game into a way of cheesing rather than skill through the utilisation of ganking scouts, numbers, etc more so than it already is. Some potential ways to revive the blackzone and the game in general:

      - Reduce the amount of open world roads portals, There shouldnt be more than 1 per zone at most, I feel as though it should be more of a labrinth than a transportation method.
      - Reduce HO cap per zone (leaving existing zones at their current amount till it drops below or at the threshold from being destroyed)
      - Stop nerfing every possible way to dismount someone and make it more skill based rather than number based/cheese

      Other suggestions are welcome. Im not saying every nerf isn't warranted some are definetly healthy for the game however there has to be a limit before it goes to far and will result in dirty stratigies to achieve kills which we have begun seeing. It is now near impossible to solo dungeon dive, the only way to kill Bears, high CC mounts etc are Claws which is frankly boring, doesnt require to much skill and at this rate will be reworked shortly because they are used in ganking. Please think of healthier/more skill based changes for the sake of the game. Thank you.
      LOL gankers are still a part of this game and there are still tons out there ganking. Why would developers think about buffing ganking when most of you idiots gank 1 person (especially gatherers) with 3-10 ppl on avg. The reason why this game has taken off so much compared to the early days of beta is they added more content, and they helped those who are getting ganked by ppl such as yourself because I doubt you gank solo. Ganking is part of the game they say, well so is a lot of other game systems so deal with the fact the developers grew a brain and realized the shitty game mode you enjoy was just harming the game more then anything.

      Buffing gathering gear? How so? Oh that invisiblity spell you mean which just takes you out of stealth anyways since all you gankers use poisons? Oh the invis potion which also takes you out of stealth with poisons?

      No sympathy from me here you ganking dip shit.

      I will agree with you that they need to cap the HO in zones.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by GankersSuck ().

    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      the above poster got ganked and is mad.
      btw the more you nerf ganking the bigger the gank groups get.

      Calesvol wrote:

      Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      the above poster got ganked and is mad.
      btw the more you nerf ganking the bigger the gank groups get.
      The more AO's population rises too.
      Exactly lol, stupid gankers of course I got ganked you fucking idiot why else would i make some stupid ass troll account name like GankersSuck and then respond to a post about ganking? The one thing I am not is mad because there's more important things to be mad about then a fucking video game.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Evas_Flarelight: Please keep the insults out of this thread. ().

    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      Calesvol wrote:

      The more AO's population rises too.
      [citation needed]
      albiononline.com/en/news/population-update-spring-2021

      Notice how the population rose even during spots where "ganking" got nerfed as you say...If you are a fairly new player and then get wtf shit stomped by 7-10 gankers (which is the avg size ganking group btw) the chances of you rage quitting and never playing the game, never telling your friends to play and never to return again are pretty high. This game needs player retention to work effectively because it's a player run economy. Scare away the gatherers and those that actually make the economy work and you're left with just a bunch of sweaty, neck beard losers wondering wny the game is dead. As I said before the population has been increasing over the years because of unfortunately covid shutdowns but also because the devs moved away from the hardcore open world only features and adapted an approach where it appeals to more players. I think they over did it on the instanced stuff though.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by GankersSuck ().

    • So you think nerfing ganking, which makes ganking harder makes ganking groups smaller? This seems illogical.

      GankersSuck wrote:

      Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      the above poster got ganked and is mad.
      btw the more you nerf ganking the bigger the gank groups get.
      Statement #2 is false. The ganking groups were the same size or even bigger during beta so your argument makes little to no sense. Just accept the fact that if you like ganking this much you are probably a sociopath.
    • GankersSuck wrote:

      Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      the above poster got ganked and is mad.
      btw the more you nerf ganking the bigger the gank groups get.
      Statement #2 is false. The ganking groups were the same size or even bigger during beta so your argument makes little to no sense. Just accept the fact that if you like ganking this much you are probably a sociopath.
      Your forum name lol, troll much or just that mad you needed to make a forum account to post. Statement 2 is 100% accurate, Ive been playing since 2017 and have watched the downward spiral of everything including ganking and the evolution of gank groups and what people need to in order to be able to gank someone.

      Its absolutely sad the lack of skill and coordination people have. Back in the days I trained thru discord and gank runs well over 200 people how to gank and pvp in black zone.

      People are just bad and they need to feel safe while ganking so they gank in large groups also. They also do this because they need perma CC to kill you.

      The problem is you get worse at pvp and ganking while rolling around in LARGE groups. You don't learn how to interact in pvp situations, how to use skills timed and how to evade or kite damage and wait for skill cooldown, you don't learn how to bait out boot skills so you can then move away wait a couple seconds for skills and go back in with speed to finish... You don't learn how to fight 1v2 1v3 1v4.. You learn how to SUCK and that is it.
    • Gank is shiet. Good pvp is build pvp vs build pvp. The ganker use build full cc and the other ppl doesnt have any chance. 8x1.... To me the gank resources need to be nerfed allways. it is not fair for a player to take the trouble of collecting, crafting etc and losing everything to lazy players with build without counter play.
    • lTiCo wrote:

      Gank is shiet. Good pvp is build pvp vs build pvp. The ganker use build full cc and the other ppl doesnt have any chance. 8x1.... To me the gank resources need to be nerfed allways. it is not fair for a player to take the trouble of collecting, crafting etc and losing everything to lazy players with build without counter play.
      Yeah getting ganked sucks but its part of the game being open world PVP without risk certain items would not be worth their value, gathered resources would significantly drop in price, but getting ganked by 8+ people means there is a higher trash rate of items, if a gatherer is ganked they lose a large % of their items leaving the ganker with around 70% of the stacked resource which is a large disincentive. Ganking isnt lazy either, usually groups of players are roaming for hours trying to find people to potentially kill, gankers who just sit in one spot usually dont make much unless the other parties are not very smart and on top of all that they have to also pay repair costs etc. My argument is that the game is losing a large source of integrity and playerbase of the game and these nerfs are beginning to become to far which will result in large gank groups and make the game overall worse.