tax evasion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tax evasion

anyway to dodge taxes on smelters and shit like is it possible to create your own and place it somewhere or something like that im not gonna pay 50% tax its i know the money you get out of it is still way more then the tax and all that but idc 50% is morally wrong id settle on 15% max
    • rekareka333 wrote:

anyway to dodge taxes on smelters and shit like is it possible to create your own and place it somewhere or something like that im not gonna pay 50% tax its i know the money you get out of it is still way more then the tax and all that but idc 50% is morally wrong id settle on 15% max
      Is not 50% on the cost of the item, but 50% on the base crafting value wich is, kinda low. The price of the processed item is generally adjusted to the tax rate on the station.
    • Sanyon88 wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

rekareka333 wrote:

i know i tried to craft it and i saw that how do i dodge it thou ?
      create your own stations on an island but be advised: IS NOT WORTH TO DO THAT
      Could you explain why it's not worth it? I was thinking about doing that to avoid the crazy 50% + crafting fees and taxes.
      The city plots have % return on resources and island plot do not.
      If you are paying more in taxes than the value of the % return, you're probably not calculating it correctly
    • Let me clarify a few things for you.

First of all, you can have an island without premium - if it's a guild island. You can create a guild (it costs some 100k silver IIRC) and you can then buy a guild island (for 112,5k silver). You can build your stations there, the only thing you'll be missing out on is farming (guild islands don't have farm plots). Then, you can set the usage fee to 0% and enjoy "free" crafting/refining.
      You'll soon find out, however, there are "hidden" costs for doing that. The crafting stations need food to operate, and they start out nearly dry... so you have to feed them a hefty amount of food if you want to use them for any prolonged period of time. Since you won't be able to farm, you need to buy food on the market, so you're bound to pay for operating your stations one way or the other. If you use the crafting stations in town, these costs are on the station owner. Town stations also need to be repaired, as they deteriorate from bring used, so that's an added cost for them. Island stations do not deteriorate.
      Then, there's the resource return rate. All town stations grant you a 15% return on raw materials, and if it's that town's preferred material, you'll get 37% back! This return rate does not apply to islands - all you can hope to get is 20% return on "preferred" things, all the other materials are processed on a flat 0%, just like those T3 stations in starting towns (which are free to use). Consider these returned materials a discount - you paid for crafting 100 pieces of an item and got 37% material back for free! Having to pay a small fee for that is not that scary all of a sudden, no?
      Speaking of small fees: the usage fee is not calculated off of sale price of an item crafted. 100% usage fee amounts to 5x Item Value displayed on the item info panel. You might want to check the respective Item Value vs actual sale price and see exactly how much you pay for crafting any given item vs how much you can get for it on the market. You might be surprised to see you're paying, like, 1-2% of what you can actually pull off from selling the item.
      In fact, the usage fees are calculated with the intent of covering the costs of their operation (food, repairs, auction bid for the plot itself) and providing a modest profit for the owner (managing the station takes in-game time that could be spent elsewhere, so the owner needs a good reason to "do the chores"). The fees are calculated based on Item Value, so it's not uncommon to see "absurdly" elevated fees for stations processing items with extremely low Item Value (cooks and butchers spring to mind). This doesn't necessarily mean you're being ripped off, it just means the fee needs to be high enough to compensate for low Item Value of the items processed.
      Lastly, while we're talking principles: don't you think it's fair to pay the station's owner for making it available for you, especially that he needs to cover the costs of providing food and repairing it? If you feel you're being overcharged, you can always look for stations with lowest available fees (you can check any station's fees on the town map)... or better yet, try running such a station yourself for a while and see how much it actually costs to keep it going. You'll soon find there's a good reason why most people use the town stations and pay their fees.
    • My confusion is how the crafting stations worked for Albion, from what you explain it's pretty simple. I can see how a 50% tax could be concerning which is why I wanted to know the pros and cons of making an island crafting station. I know about the crafting cartel on this game, it's pretty well known around the MMO community. I don't know about some of the stations that are 250% but the basic 33-35% for woodcutting (which I focus on) is not a bother for me. I also found that areas that do not have the resources for the crafting table tend to be in the high 20s to low 30's in taxes with a +40ish return rate, which for a few extra slivers and leg work is well worth my time. It would be unfair to expect the owner of the plot to only be able to afford the overhead, after all, it's his shop, and services rendered must be compensated but it needs to be reasonable for both sides.
    • Loucipher wrote:

Let me clarify a few things for you.

First of all, you can have an island without premium - if it's a guild island. You can create a guild (it costs some 100k silver IIRC) and you can then buy a guild island (for 112,5k silver). You can build your stations there, the only thing you'll be missing out on is farming (guild islands don't have farm plots). Then, you can set the usage fee to 0% and enjoy "free" crafting/refining.
      You'll soon find out, however, there are "hidden" costs for doing that. The crafting stations need food to operate, and they start out nearly dry... so you have to feed them a hefty amount of food if you want to use them for any prolonged period of time. Since you won't be able to farm, you need to buy food on the market, so you're bound to pay for operating your stations one way or the other. If you use the crafting stations in town, these costs are on the station owner. Town stations also need to be repaired, as they deteriorate from bring used, so that's an added cost for them. Island stations do not deteriorate.
      Then, there's the resource return rate. All town stations grant you a 15% return on raw materials, and if it's that town's preferred material, you'll get 37% back! This return rate does not apply to islands - all you can hope to get is 20% return on "preferred" things, all the other materials are processed on a flat 0%, just like those T3 stations in starting towns (which are free to use). Consider these returned materials a discount - you paid for crafting 100 pieces of an item and got 37% material back for free! Having to pay a small fee for that is not that scary all of a sudden, no?
      Speaking of small fees: the usage fee is not calculated off of sale price of an item crafted. 100% usage fee amounts to 5x Item Value displayed on the item info panel. You might want to check the respective Item Value vs actual sale price and see exactly how much you pay for crafting any given item vs how much you can get for it on the market. You might be surprised to see you're paying, like, 1-2% of what you can actually pull off from selling the item.
      In fact, the usage fees are calculated with the intent of covering the costs of their operation (food, repairs, auction bid for the plot itself) and providing a modest profit for the owner (managing the station takes in-game time that could be spent elsewhere, so the owner needs a good reason to "do the chores"). The fees are calculated based on Item Value, so it's not uncommon to see "absurdly" elevated fees for stations processing items with extremely low Item Value (cooks and butchers spring to mind). This doesn't necessarily mean you're being ripped off, it just means the fee needs to be high enough to compensate for low Item Value of the items processed.
      Lastly, while we're talking principles: don't you think it's fair to pay the station's owner for making it available for you, especially that he needs to cover the costs of providing food and repairing it? If you feel you're being overcharged, you can always look for stations with lowest available fees (you can check any station's fees on the town map)... or better yet, try running such a station yourself for a while and see how much it actually costs to keep it going. You'll soon find there's a good reason why most people use the town stations and pay their fees.
      shit thanks for all the info fam this right here is what i needed ok then a guild island it is 1. i dont care about the material return and all that stuff the reason im playing this game is just to burn time ive got nothing going on rn so im just looking to waste time so efficiency dosent matter to me 2. dident know about the feeding thing and for repairing it i dident imagine it would cost much since repairing your broken items dosent cost much so based on that i assumed the same for the crafting stations 3. dident know about the managing thing i though it was just buy the plot and plop down the thing 4. yes youre right the owner should be paid for the upkeep of the station but i dont trust it i highly doubt any of them are just charging at or a tiny bit above the upkeep amount so they can just keep the things functional the thing is when i saw the fee thing i immediately thought of real life and how scummy and dickish the people in charge are with taxes and the economy and all that and i generally dont have much faith in people so if i came off as abrasive its because of that i immediately got suspicious af anyways thanks for all the info man its a real help seriously thanks
    • Well, what people have told you so far is definitely true for when you don’t use any premium/focus. But, there is a cutoff in tax rate at some point where it’s better to craft on a personal island. I own shops in town. I also have a guild island full of t8 shops that I let anyone use where I have set the tax rates to only cover food.

For instance, if you are using focus to craft, let’s say you are refining wood in Fort Sterling where the big bonus is. In the city you only get about 4% more resources returned back to you compared to a personal or guild island also based from Fort Sterling. So you need to do the calculations, is 4% extra returned resources equal to or less than the extra tax you pay? In Fort Sterling the taxes have risen so high (because the plot prices have risen so high) that for several shops it’s actually a better deal mathematically to refine/craft on an island. Also, this is what keeps the shop owners in check, once word gets out that a particular shop type has crossed the threshold of profit compared to a personal island they can’t keep raising rates.

In Fort Sterling, I have created a guild island called “Coherence” that I will give anyone access to that has all the shops, mostly t8, with a tax that is essentially the food price for the shop. If you want access, just send an in-game mail to LaserMan. All the major alliances already have access, and I’m happy to add solo people to the crafting alliance for access as well.

But I also own shops in town. I can say the game has essentially reached the threshold through plot price escalation where the tax charged in the city is equal to what you gain in extra resources. Some shop types are way worse. Some are still ok.

However, the equation does change when using no focus to craft to favor the city plots more. But very few people in the game don’t use focus to craft.