Don't dance around it, nerf plate mate.

• Don't dance around it, nerf plate mate.

Based on your actions in nerfing stand time of Bloodletter E, I once again come to the conclusion that you are yet again dancing around what actually should be nerfed. Being plate armor.

N E R F --------- P L A T E ----- A R M O R ------------ M R ---------- R E T R O M A N

Side note: Dagger Pair isn't OP. And stop listening to rats, mobile crossbow players, and old smelly ZvZ guilds.
    • You are right about plate armor.
      But WHAT? Not OP? Okay... let's think.

I'm a dagger pair player.
      What about damage? I have an E spell, which can deal more than 1500 damage with one click. Oh ... it's not all. Also, you will get damage from the dot and get healing debuff. So .. I'm just the same as Black Hands, but you can't interrupt my tones of damage.
      What about mobility? Nothing special. I just can jump to you through all the screen width. By the way, I will also interrupt your cast and stun you a little. Don't worry, not too long. Just to disallow you to press some saving ability.
      What about stamina? Hmm... I have damage and mobility in my weapon. I don't need a lot of mana. So I have 3 free slots for save abilities. I can use for example cleric hood and two invisibilities, or cleric robe + hunter hood. So... don't worry. I will live enough to deal with those tones of damage several times.

Imbalanced? WHAT? No way!

Black hands E spell is interruptable. And it is dead if you did it. It is balanced.
      Death givers are balanced. It has a difficult combo and just one try to do it. And can't use a shadow blade with it. So can be kited, sunned, etc.
      But not a dagger pair.

The post was edited 3 times, last by BackOFF ().

• moking wrote:

Plate is not the issue. It is bloodletter. Has been for eons across multiple forms of content. Dozens of previously observed variables all point to bloodletter. Now CD are released and all of a sudden its a plate problem. Lmao.
      You're telling this when top CD's build are basically plate armor builds? Huh... interesting
    • Owlsane wrote:

moking wrote:

Plate is not the issue. It is bloodletter. Has been for eons across multiple forms of content. Dozens of previously observed variables all point to bloodletter. Now CD are released and all of a sudden its a plate problem. Lmao.
      You're telling this when top CD's build are basically plate armor builds? Huh... interesting
      God i hate having to constantly educate people on this board. Especially people who claim to have played for so long.

Listen , the reason why plate armor is played so often in the higher bracket of CD'S, is not because it is op yolo , omg so strong. It is not. The reason is because the native defenses paired with the HEALTH REGENERATION , coupled with any type of DOT (Damage over time) Allows the late user to keep you in combat and reset the fight over and over again. At some point you wont be able to regen your helath as you will be in combat and he will turn on you. And kill you.

1V1 PLATE loses 90 percent of the time. But plate Armor users, specifically knight armor because of wind wall, are not trying to win the fight in a toe to toe 1v1.They want to reset the fight so they can force you to over commit due to your bloodlust when you see them low and you lose. It has nothing to do with plate armor being strong,, just mechanics in the game retroman and the devs never bothered fixing.

Now on to the actual problem. Any weapons that can apply DOTS(Bloodletter) or some form of prolonged cc effect (Frost). can abuse this mechanic these two are the most infamous examples. The most used and abused is of course bloodletter. Frost gets some leeway here because it has never fundamentally changed the landscape of the game like bloodletter keeps doing, lets go down the list shall we.

Old 2v2 hell gate rat build - Solo players played what? bloodletter and Knight armor / bloodletter Grave guard armor

ZVZ rat builds - Rats played what? Bloodletter Knight armor.

Is it the bloodletter or the Knight armor? of course it is the bloodletter. These two things were going on well before CD's were even added to the game.

Do see you Knight armor -

Swords ? No

any other Daggers? No

Spears other than one handed? No

Fire? Nope

Curse? Nope

Arcane? Nope

holy? nope

Nature? nope

Frost ? yes , but only because the mechanic i discussed earlier.

Look guys Knight armor soooo op. Its played with everything omg so strong. Seriously get the fuck out of corrupted dungeons and play the rest of the game. No real balance changes should come from corrupted dungeons or their shitty no skill community.

you can literally see the mechanic being abused even before CD'S were added to the game. But it was fine because this was never a 1v1 game. You would never see a plate armor bloodletter in the open world trying to 1v1 someone lmao. But now the dev team has decided to double down on stupid and add a 1v1 mode where now things that were never an issue (Plate armor and out of combat mechanics) will be fucked over time and time again , hopefully not though. While bloodletter keeps getting love taps in balancing.
    • knight armor should be reworked long ago
      frost, quarterstaves, maces, bloodletter, there's a LOT of weapons that abused knight armor since CORRUPTED DUNGEONS release but weren't that strong without it.
      the problem IS knight armor.
      without it, these weapons could be killed, but its just impossible to kill a high mobility weapon paired with knight armor.
      HIGH resistance, HIGH hp regen + windwall knockback.