Add "Crafted By Myself" item power bonus

• Economy
    • WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

It would be cool if crafters could "engrave" their stuff with a logo or initial. No in-game benefit to the item but a fun little extra that would add a bit of depth to the crafting world.
      They already get their name on the item, which is cool :)

Unangwata wrote:

Extra 100 item power if you crafted the item by yourself. Nothing feels like stuff you made by yourself. This would promote crafting for other reason and something else than just making cash.
      I don't understand why wearing a piece of gear crafted by you, would give you such a big bonus over wearing the exact same piece of gear crafted by someone else...

There is already an oversaturation of the market. Any optional system's that force people to use them, are bad design.

Even PvP is 100% optional in this game. As a player, you never have to leave the safety of the blue zones. That's not to say they can experience everything the game has to offer,
      but the game doesn't force you to PvP. Your proposed change would force people to craft for a very tangible bonus regardless of what other content they are doing.
    • MysticDream wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

It would be cool if crafters could "engrave" their stuff with a logo or initial. No in-game benefit to the item but a fun little extra that would add a bit of depth to the crafting world.

Unangwata wrote:

Extra 100 item power if you crafted the item by yourself. Nothing feels like stuff you made by yourself. This would promote crafting for other reason and something else than just making cash.
      I don't understand why wearing a piece of gear crafted by you, would give you such a big bonus over wearing the exact same piece of gear crafted by someone else...
      There is already an oversaturation of the market. Any optional system's that force people to use them, are bad design.

Even PvP is 100% optional in this game. As a player, you never have to leave the safety of the blue zones. That's not to say they can experience everything the game has to offer,
      but the game doesn't force you to PvP. Your proposed change would force people to craft for a very tangible bonus regardless of what other content they are doing.
      First ask yourself why you play ? I'm talking about improving the game, not the control over immaturity where you chase whatever appears and demand control outside yourself for your own actions. No one is forcing you to do anything.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Those journals you speak of, again it's beneficial endgame. Look at the prices at lower tiers where most of the people are, often empty journals sell for the price of full.
      If you don't understand a system you shouldn't propose radical changes to it. T5 blacksmith journals almost triple in price when filled in Fort Sterling. T6 more than double. T4 isn't that great but tbh if you can't afford to craft at a loss to get to t5 you probably shouldn't be crafting. Either sell the journals or process them yourself (a t6 house is hardly "endgame"). Once you start factoring in the prices of filled journals vs their empty ones it makes a lot more sense to craft.
      TL;DR: journals op, next time don't complain about something that you're clearly t4 at.
      You are not as smart as you think. Why are you selling those journals? Obviously you don't think someone is paying you more than he can get out of it with a laborer...
      But anyways lets stick to the subject please.
    • Unangwata wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Those journals you speak of, again it's beneficial endgame. Look at the prices at lower tiers where most of the people are, often empty journals sell for the price of full.
      If you don't understand a system you shouldn't propose radical changes to it. T5 blacksmith journals almost triple in price when filled in Fort Sterling. T6 more than double. T4 isn't that great but tbh if you can't afford to craft at a loss to get to t5 you probably shouldn't be crafting. Either sell the journals or process them yourself (a t6 house is hardly "endgame"). Once you start factoring in the prices of filled journals vs their empty ones it makes a lot more sense to craft.TL;DR: journals op, next time don't complain about something that you're clearly t4 at.
      You are not as smart as you think. Why are you selling those journals? Obviously you don't think someone is paying you more than he can get out of it with a laborer...But anyways lets stick to the subject please.
      You know filled journals sell for more then empty ones right? Only a few tiers and books don't, but the overwhelming majority does
    • Unangwata wrote:

Why are you selling those journals? Obviously you don't think someone is paying you more than he can get out of it with a laborer...
      Yes. That's how commerce works. You sell it for less than the value of the processed journals because you can't process it yourself. Honestly I wouldn't factor in the price of the returned mats even if I'm processing the journal, instead factor in profit from filling the journal and treat any laborers you own as a separate business.
    • This would make it so materials are much more expensive than the item is worth.

Everyone would be crafting their own items for the bonus, meaning artifacts would skyrocket.

Think of it this way. I need a high IP weapon to fight with. I could buy one or buy the artifact to craft it.

Everyone would buy the artifact. So the actual crafted item on the market would go down, and the artifact to craft it would go up. That would toss the prices of everything so out of whack and totally de-incentivize crafting for profit, which is what fuels this game.
    • Leggyz wrote:

This would make it so materials are much more expensive than the item is worth.

Everyone would be crafting their own items for the bonus, meaning artifacts would skyrocket.

Think of it this way. I need a high IP weapon to fight with. I could buy one or buy the artifact to craft it.

Everyone would buy the artifact. So the actual crafted item on the market would go down, and the artifact to craft it would go up. That would toss the prices of everything so out of whack and totally de-incentivize crafting for profit, which is what fuels this game.
      It's not entirely true. It's actually hard to foresee what effect it would have. It depends on many factors, how many people would actually craft their own items etc. Besides it's not easy to craft your own high quality item early in the game. If you are not able to craft your own mastercaft items then you would only gain 50 IP with excellent over buying mastercraft from some else. Crafting profit is hardly what fuels this game. Like we mentioned earlier you actually lose by crafting until top levels. People rather buy items for study and that wouldn't change and the prices would stay. The game wouldn't change much because being able to craft your own high quality t8 items for every slot and spec wouldn't be something easy to achieve, this could actually expand the game because now crafters rather focus on single item. I doubt many people would focus and dedicate resources to be able craft every item in their equipment, at least later when it gets costly and long process. And even if so this would create new goal in the game that requires long road, good way to keep people in it.

The post was edited 9 times, last by Unangwata ().

• Alternatively make "Crafted By Myself" 50 item power. This would mean that unless you are able to craft your own mastercraft item, you will not get extra power over mastercraft item from someone else. In other words having excellent quality own item will equal mastercraft quality from someone else.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Unangwata ().

• Unangwata wrote:

MysticDream wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

I don't understand why wearing a piece of gear crafted by you, would give you such a big bonus over wearing the exact same piece of gear crafted by someone else...There is already an oversaturation of the market. Any optional system's that force people to use them, are bad design.

First ask yourself why you play ? I'm talking about improving the game, not the control over immaturity where you chase whatever appears and demand control outside yourself for your own actions. No one is forcing you to do anything.

I play to have fun. I'm not sure what control you're speaking of. You're looking to unbalance the game with your suggestion, by forcing people to craft or be at a big disadvantage. Who would willingly be at a huge disadvantage? 100ip is significant. Especially spread across multiple pieces. head, chest, feet, cape, weapon, shield = 500ip, (if I'm doing your math correctly?)

I'd be all for something cosmetic, to let players know you were in your own crafted gear, but nothing to give you an actual advantage, over non-crafters.

Unangwata wrote:

Leggyz wrote:

It's not entirely true. It's actually hard to foresee what effect it would have. It depends on many factors, how many people would actually craft their own items etc. Besides it's not easy to craft your own high quality item early in the game. If you are not able to craft your own mastercaft items then you would only gain 50 IP with excellent over buying mastercraft from some else. Crafting profit is hardly what fuels this game. Like we mentioned earlier you actually lose by crafting until top levels. People rather buy items for study and that wouldn't change and the prices would stay. The game wouldn't change much because being able to craft your own high quality t8 items for every slot and spec wouldn't be something easy to achieve, this could actually expand the game because now crafters rather focus on single item. I doubt many people would focus and dedicate resources to be able craft every item in their equipment, at least later when it gets costly and long process. And even if so this would create new goal in the game that requires long road, good way to keep people in it.
      Some effects might be harder than others to predict, you are 100% correct. Others however, aren't so difficult to foresee. Assuming crafting your own item(s) did give you a 100ip advantage, local markets would lose a ton of profitability, because less people would want purchased gear. They would favor crafted by themselves gear, especially in PvP when the difference is winning or losing. Guilds and Alliances would likely require people to craft their own gear to gain entry. Crafting profit doesn't fuel the game, you're correct. But crafting FOR profit does. the black market depends on it, which all other loot in the game depends on. If you lose the crafters, you lose everything.
      It's not that hard to reach t8 or 100 spec. Itt speeds up considerably for other skills after you do it once.

If you think people wouldn't spend the time learning something they don't want to, to get a 100ip bonus, you're crazy. It would also kill the market(s) for lower quality gear, since instead of being mediocre, it would become useless.

On the bright side, it would drive resource prices up as more got 'wasted' on anything less than masterpiece.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MysticDream: on the brightside ().

• MysticDream wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

MysticDream wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

I don't understand why wearing a piece of gear crafted by you, would give you such a big bonus over wearing the exact same piece of gear crafted by someone else...There is already an oversaturation of the market. Any optional system's that force people to use them, are bad design.
      I play to have fun. I'm not sure what control you're speaking of. You're looking to unbalance the game with your suggestion, by forcing people to craft or be at a big disadvantage. Who would willingly be at a huge disadvantage? 100ip is significant. Especially spread across multiple pieces. head, chest, feet, cape, weapon, shield = 500ip, (if I'm doing your math correctly?)

I'd be all for something cosmetic, to let players know you were in your own crafted gear, but nothing to give you an actual advantage, over non-crafters.

Unangwata wrote:

Leggyz wrote:

Some effects might be harder than others to predict, you are 100% correct. Others however, aren't so difficult to foresee. Assuming crafting your own item(s) did give you a 100ip advantage, local markets would lose a ton of profitability, because less people would want purchased gear. They would favor crafted by themselves gear, especially in PvP when the difference is winning or losing. Guilds and Alliances would likely require people to craft their own gear to gain entry. Crafting profit doesn't fuel the game, you're correct. But crafting FOR profit does. the black market depends on it, which all other loot in the game depends on. If you lose the crafters, you lose everything.It's not that hard to reach t8 or 100 spec. Itt speeds up considerably for other skills after you do it once.

If you think people wouldn't spend the time learning something they don't want to, to get a 100ip bonus, you're crazy. It would also kill the market(s) for lower quality gear, since instead of being mediocre, it would become useless.

On the bright side, it would drive resource prices up as more got 'wasted' on anything less than masterpiece.
      This is kinda shortsighted. For example, it's not true less people would purchase gear. Most purchase it for study. And since now more people would want to learn crafting they would probably buy more stuff for that purpose.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

If you don't understand a system you shouldn't propose radical changes to it. T5 blacksmith journals almost triple in price when filled in Fort Sterling. T6 more than double. T4 isn't that great but tbh if you can't afford to craft at a loss to get to t5 you probably shouldn't be crafting. Either sell the journals or process them yourself (a t6 house is hardly "endgame"). Once you start factoring in the prices of filled journals vs their empty ones it makes a lot more sense to craft.
      TL;DR: journals op, next time don't complain about something that you're clearly t4 at.
      Man I checked the prices of t5 and t6 journals. For example crafting t5 cowl takes 8 cloth roughly 1k each. Thats 8k versus item price which is currently 1.5k-2k. Empty journal is 4k, filled is 10k. You don't get any money even if you filled the journal with 1 item craft. Similar with t6. If you use focus then maybe it can help but it's just waste at that level. Resource return rate also helps but considering you don't fill journal with 1 item, you don't make any money.
    • Unangwata wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

If you don't understand a system you shouldn't propose radical changes to it. T5 blacksmith journals almost triple in price when filled in Fort Sterling. T6 more than double. T4 isn't that great but tbh if you can't afford to craft at a loss to get to t5 you probably shouldn't be crafting. Either sell the journals or process them yourself (a t6 house is hardly "endgame"). Once you start factoring in the prices of filled journals vs their empty ones it makes a lot more sense to craft.TL;DR: journals op, next time don't complain about something that you're clearly t4 at.
      Man I checked the prices of t5 and t6 journals. For example crafting t5 cowl takes 8 cloth roughly 1k each. Thats 8k versus item price which is currently 1.5k-2k. Empty journal is 4k, filled is 10k. You don't get any money even if you filled the journal with 1 item craft. Similar with t6. If you use focus then maybe it can help but it's just waste at that level. Resource return rate also helps but considering you don't fill journal with 1 item, you don't make any money.
      Focus is a really important component of making money, and flat 5 doesn't see much use, low demand = low price.