Add "Crafted By Myself" item power bonus

    • Economy
    • Rokov wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      Extra 100 item power if you crafted the item by yourself. Nothing feels like stuff you made by yourself. This would promote crafting for other reason and something else than just making cash.
      So you want to force people craft for themselves and destroy market economy. Whats for, you have some goal of that?

      The_Support_God wrote:

      why would you ever use items bought from the market or dropped from mobs if you can get such an unfair advantage
      It doesn't force people to anything since having high tier gear crafted by yourself is something very hard to achieve. So you would have to use gear from dungeons and crafted by others anyways, unless you are dedicated.

      My point is, currently crafting makes no sense for average player because mats are more expensive than the product. So it's like obsolete feature unless player is not aware. Adding bonus to your own gear would generate some logic behind crafting, satisfaction and some incentive to do so.
    • got you...
      but crafting while losing money... that fact is wrong
      you have to sell in black market, set up buy orders, get cheap crafting stations with high return rate, journals ect-ect
      than you only make a profit
      how much you make is debatable
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • Saccavirano wrote:

      Not a bad idea, but 100 is too much, maybe 0.1ip per crafting spec? I think 10ip with max spec doesn't change anything, just minmaxing.
      The thing is if you make it less than 100 then people will still be better off with buying mastercraft items from someone else because until late game they can't craft their own mastercraft or even excellent items. So whole thing as incentive would not work.

      The_Support_God wrote:

      got you...
      but crafting while losing money... that fact is wrong
      you have to sell in black market, set up buy orders, get cheap crafting stations with high return rate, journals ect-ect
      than you only make a profit
      how much you make is debatable
      Those are advanced tactics and knowledge of veteran players. It would not work for most, which is my point of making crafting more attractive.
    • Unangwata wrote:

      t doesn't force people to anything since having high tier gear crafted by yourself is something very hard to achieve. So you would have to use gear from dungeons and crafted by others anyways, unless you are dedicated.

      My point is, currently crafting makes no sense for average player because mats are more expensive than the product. So it's like obsolete feature unless player is not aware. Adding bonus to your own gear would generate some logic behind crafting, satisfaction and some incentive to do so.
      This is a really, really dumb take.
      Crafting absolutely makes sense unless you're doing it wrong. Do you think that each and every item on the market was made by an idiot who doesn't know he's losing money? And an extra 100 IP kinda does make it mandatory. If you're already in 8.3 MP gear, you can't go any higher without making it yourself. So if you want every last bit of IP then you're going to need to level up to t8 crafting in everything you run. Even if you don't run maxed out gear over the long run you'll probably save more just studying gear up to t7/8 for that extra tier bonus rather than going +1 tier for all your items. I'm sure all established crafters would love that you just eviscerated their moneymaker since craft yourself would be the new meta.
    • Unangwata wrote:

      Rokov wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      Extra 100 item power if you crafted the item by yourself. Nothing feels like stuff you made by yourself. This would promote crafting for other reason and something else than just making cash.
      So you want to force people craft for themselves and destroy market economy. Whats for, you have some goal of that?

      The_Support_God wrote:

      why would you ever use items bought from the market or dropped from mobs if you can get such an unfair advantage
      It doesn't force people to anything since having high tier gear crafted by yourself is something very hard to achieve. So you would have to use gear from dungeons and crafted by others anyways, unless you are dedicated.
      My point is, currently crafting makes no sense for average player because mats are more expensive than the product. So it's like obsolete feature unless player is not aware. Adding bonus to your own gear would generate some logic behind crafting, satisfaction and some incentive to do so.
      High tier gear crafted by yourself is very hard to achieve? lul no.

      Current crafting is saturated, i'll agree on that, but there is plenty of money ot be made on it, and a little hint, most of the profit comes from focus crafting with books.
    • Alysandra wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      Rokov wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      Extra 100 item power if you crafted the item by yourself. Nothing feels like stuff you made by yourself. This would promote crafting for other reason and something else than just making cash.
      So you want to force people craft for themselves and destroy market economy. Whats for, you have some goal of that?

      The_Support_God wrote:

      why would you ever use items bought from the market or dropped from mobs if you can get such an unfair advantage
      It doesn't force people to anything since having high tier gear crafted by yourself is something very hard to achieve. So you would have to use gear from dungeons and crafted by others anyways, unless you are dedicated.My point is, currently crafting makes no sense for average player because mats are more expensive than the product. So it's like obsolete feature unless player is not aware. Adding bonus to your own gear would generate some logic behind crafting, satisfaction and some incentive to do so.
      High tier gear crafted by yourself is very hard to achieve? lul no.
      Current crafting is saturated, i'll agree on that, but there is plenty of money ot be made on it, and a little hint, most of the profit comes from focus crafting with books.
      Maybe it's not hard for you. I think of majority of players. Especially new players, who start crafting only to meet disappointment later on they are losing money. Old players know how and mostly invest in one branch of crafting for profit when reach t8. While others just lose money with it. Adding some benefit to crafting your own items would surely add more perspective. Right now only old players are able to pump their money to reach t8 where it starts to be beneficial. For average player it's out of reach, and no point. And sole purpose to make it beneficial is not enough to be attractive, for some maybe doing virtual money is the goal as they import real life habits into the game, chasing the carrot for no particular reason. I speak of different reason that can make people craft.
    • Besides, you know why market is a mess ? Because most of the players are unaware. Let's say you are veteran player. Would you buy mats or use your own to progress crafting ? No, you would sell those mats. And who would buy ? Unaware players who progress their crafting and then they sell products for less price than they paid to veteran players who use them to progress their own crafting with study. So from all sides unaware players are exploited. I think of something that would at least make it beneficial for them, or everyone. That is.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

    • Unangwata wrote:

      Besides, you know why market is a mess ? Because most of the players are unaware. Let's say you are veteran player. Would you buy mats or use your own to progress crafting ? No, you would sell those mats. And who would buy ? Unaware players who progress their crafting and then they sell products for less price than they paid to veteran players who use them to progress their own crafting with study. So from all sides unaware players are exploited. I think of something that would at least make it beneficial for them. That is.
      Here is the secret to earning money crafting in Albion Online. There are two primary methods that you can use. The first is called focus. There is a little toggle on the crafting menu. If you push that toggle and spend focus. You will make money. The second is called journals. You build a house and put these people in them. Then you feed them journals and they give you stuff back. If you craft and fill a journal, and then give that journal to a laborer, you will make money.

      That's just the basics. The advanced stuff is this. Instead of either clicking the focus toggle OR using journals. You click the focus toggle AND use journals. This is called Big Gains in crafting circles.

      There is some other stuff that will take you years to learn, but only really ends up making you marginally more silver. It's mostly a waste of time. Just remember to use focus and/or journals and you will have 1B crafting fame in no time.

      I'm doing you a favor telling you this, so don't go around telling everyone else and their brother. Be a bro.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • Piddle wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      Besides, you know why market is a mess ? Because most of the players are unaware. Let's say you are veteran player. Would you buy mats or use your own to progress crafting ? No, you would sell those mats. And who would buy ? Unaware players who progress their crafting and then they sell products for less price than they paid to veteran players who use them to progress their own crafting with study. So from all sides unaware players are exploited. I think of something that would at least make it beneficial for them. That is.
      Here is the secret to earning money crafting in Albion Online. There are two primary methods that you can use. The first is called focus. There is a little toggle on the crafting menu. If you push that toggle and spend focus. You will make money. The second is called journals. You build a house and put these people in them. Then you feed them journals and they give you stuff back. If you craft and fill a journal, and then give that journal to a laborer, you will make money.
      That's just the basics. The advanced stuff is this. Instead of either clicking the focus toggle OR using journals. You click the focus toggle AND use journals. This is called Big Gains in crafting circles.

      There is some other stuff that will take you years to learn, but only really ends up making you marginally more silver. It's mostly a waste of time. Just remember to use focus and/or journals and you will have 1B crafting fame in no time.

      I'm doing you a favor telling you this, so don't go around telling everyone else and their brother. Be a bro.

      Alysandra wrote:

      You know the biggest secret big pharma don't want you to know about?

      Google.

      Youtube.

      Reading.

      It's a fool-proff way to earn more money in Albion Online.
      Thank you I didn't ask for advice. I'm not talking about myself here, I can handle pretty well. Those journals you speak of, again it's beneficial endgame. Look at the prices at lower tiers where most of the people are, often empty journals sell for the price of full. And they don't provide significant amount of money yet.
    • Well, I get your point but, not everyone has to be a crafter. This is my perspective on the subject: where does the silver that crafters and gatherers get come from? PvE. Why do crafters get money from players that do PvE? Because PvPers kill them and trash their gear. Not everyone has to do everything. I think that would end up discouraging players from crafting because the silver value of resources and gear will depreciate. I may be wrong, but I believe giving a noticeable amount extra IP when wearing the items you crafted isn’t a good solution. Maybe a small amount depending on your crafting spec? 10 when maxed? I don’t do the math though.
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March is :v
    • Unangwata wrote:

      Those journals you speak of, again it's beneficial endgame. Look at the prices at lower tiers where most of the people are, often empty journals sell for the price of full.
      If you don't understand a system you shouldn't propose radical changes to it. T5 blacksmith journals almost triple in price when filled in Fort Sterling. T6 more than double. T4 isn't that great but tbh if you can't afford to craft at a loss to get to t5 you probably shouldn't be crafting. Either sell the journals or process them yourself (a t6 house is hardly "endgame"). Once you start factoring in the prices of filled journals vs their empty ones it makes a lot more sense to craft.

      TL;DR: journals op, next time don't complain about something that you're clearly t4 at.