Regarding plummeting gold price

• Economy
    • Regarding plummeting gold price

The steady decline of the gold price is moving to a pretty suspicious level.

Have you checked if there is a ton of credit card fraud going on to inject large amounts of gold?.

Ive followed this quite extensively since launch, and there is something that doesnt add up currently.
    • The answer is really simple, guys. Since the CTA launch, the blue and yellow zones are non full-loot. Players who get KO in these areas have their equipment damaged and need to repair it. With the amount of players participating, that's tons of silver thrown into the silver sink.... every single day.
      You guessed right that the price correlation between gold and silver directly follows the respective amounts available in game... so all it takes to solve the mystery is to identify what's the biggest silver sink at the moment. The answer: repairing equipment damaged in non full-loot Faction Warfare.

The answer is really simple, guys. Since the CTA launch, the blue and yellow zones are non full-loot. Players who get KO in these areas have their equipment damaged and need to repair it. With the amount of players participating, that's tons of silver thrown into the silver sink.... every single day.
      You guessed right that the price correlation between gold and silver directly follows the respective amounts available in game... so all it takes to solve the mystery is to identify what's the biggest silver sink at the moment. The answer: repairing equipment damaged in non full-loot Faction Warfare.
      It's been dropping past 28d or more? CTA launched 2 weeks ago. Repairs might be contributing that, but overall it's weird.
      My only guess is more asian players = more gold on the market since asians generally like to swipe a card for games.
      But since there's no official data, I don't really trust my guess :P
    • I am not saying that what I am trying to explain is the MAIN issue why the gold price is plummeting.
      For an HCE player's side I would say that prior to the HCE nerfs there are lots of players playing high level HCE and silver generation is very good.
      When the nerfs to HCE came out I see a big decline of number of players playing high level HCE. Silver generation become low.

I already know that SBI no longer like HCE content so I no longer care about the negative responses to this post as well but yeah why is gold plummeting? :)
    • Lol

Whoever is doing this, you are the man / men / people

Occupy Gold Market

Pretty sure it was people like Sinatra saying that "you don't understand how market works" or it will always balance itself out...

No, enough billions are in the right hands and they can do what ever they want with it and make a profit.

And it's alright.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

• i am still pretty confident that the fluctuations have been due to bugs or stolen creditcards , since the big moves simply cant be explained by market manipulation, plus whoever sells a lot of gold at lower and lower prices obviously loses on it, unless you succeed in making everyone beleive that the market tanks - and the gold market will simply never tank.
    • making gold market buy/sell order cost 10silver last I checked.

It would be fairly easy for a limited time to set buy/sell orders for lets say 10B with a maybe 30 silver margin using 2 characters...

Se which way the market is heading and adjust accordingly..

It has been happening all the time and the more silver there is in the game the more vulnerable the market has become of manipulation.

Of course there are also more people playing and possible larger percentage who just ignore buy/sell orders and just buy at current market prices.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?
    • Ravenar wrote:

Lol

Whoever is doing this, you are the man / men / people

Occupy Gold Market

Pretty sure it was people like Sinatra saying that "you don't understand how market works" or it will always balance itself out...

No, enough billions are in the right hands and they can do what ever they want with it and make a profit.

And it's alright.
      Bigger question then is, why do they need billions? Why do they need to make more? What do they plan to do with the silver? Money is a limited resource in the sense that there is only so much you can buy and have it make sense.

Do they plan on making/buying multiple 8,3 set and int them into fights daily? Doubtful.
      Fund a war?
      Fund a guild?
      Fund a alliance?

Maybe.

But i also fear that the people that play this game with the only intent to make silver does it with an end-goal of finding ways to exploitative make money like making gold price drop to 1k and then buy up > sell over time cash up billions and then RMT.
    • Loucipher wrote:

The answer is really simple, guys. Since the CTA launch, the blue and yellow zones are non full-loot. Players who get KO in these areas have their equipment damaged and need to repair it. With the amount of players participating, that's tons of silver thrown into the silver sink.... every single day.
      Are you trying to say more silver is getting sunk in repairs than on trash rate? Really?
      That's a very uninformed opinion to give
    • Gabumon wrote:

Are you trying to say more silver is getting sunk in repairs than on trash rate? Really?That's a very uninformed opinion to give
      Care to elaborate? I'm sincerely curious about your opinion.

gmatagmis wrote:

Pure psychology.
      People don't feel they are loosing, when they repair, they feel they are recovering instead.
      But if you do the math, you may found, that single repair may cost more then regular BZ ZvZ set.
      My exact feeling, plus there are so many more people involved in FW now. You had to look hard for faction zergs before the CTA update, now they seem to be all over Albion :)

Gabumon wrote:

Are you trying to say more silver is getting sunk in repairs than on trash rate? Really?That's a very uninformed opinion to give
      Care to elaborate? I'm sincerely curious about your opinion.

gmatagmis wrote:

Pure psychology.
      People don't feel they are loosing, when they repair, they feel they are recovering instead.
      But if you do the math, you may found, that single repair may cost more then regular BZ ZvZ set.
      My exact feeling, plus there are so many more people involved in FW now. You had to look hard for faction zergs before the CTA update, now they seem to be all over Albion :)
      According to trash rate, any given item has a 15% of getting trashed. A trashed item is gone forever from the game.
      A death on a regular 6.1 gear (around 400k if cheap with cape plus mount) is about a 60k worth of items lost in average. Even if the item dissapearing forever by no means is removing 60k silver from the game, replacing it sets in motion all sorts of other silver sinks, like all the buy and sell orders to craft it again. More than that, replacing the item means silver keeps a constant value since there is no overflow of a particullar item.
      A knockdown in that situation costs around 15k silver, wich yes, are lost forever into the system. But the item still exists: That alone means you can at any point just sell it back, covering most (or if downed a lot of times- some) of the repair cost.

This Trash/Repair duality makes two very similar but in the end very different silver sinks, but in practice deaths will always be "more taxing" for the game than repairs.
      Now, I understand there is a plethora of 8.3 players getting downed a lot in Faction Warfare, but we already had PLENTY of those before in HCE. For years. So is hard to cuantify how much silver is getting sunk into repairs, since the gear is so expensive to begin with that you have to die A LOT to lose more than it's worth. And I really mean A LOT. Deaths on the other hand, even cheaper deaths are a toll we have to pay to keep the market in motion.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

Whenever silver change hands is not a sink.
      Sinks are about removing silver from game.
      I highlighted this quote to reinforce my point.

@Gabumon, I liked your post for an honest try at reinforcing your opinion, which I give some validity. Still, I think you're not entirely correct in your calculation. A trashed item needs to be replaced, true, but then, it's really one item changing hands (from someone selling to someone buying).
      The real "cost" to the game is negligible - all it takes to recreate the item is to craft it. Now let's consider the costs of that, shall we?
      1. First, we need raw resources. These are essentially free from the engine's standpoint - the game itself keeps handing them out indefinitely, it takes just some effort to gather them.
      2. Then, we need refined materials from these raw resources. You do this at the crafting stations, the fees you pay aren't removed from the economy, they just change hands (you pay them to the station's owner, so the silver is not removed). If you do the crafting in a preferred city and with focus, you even get more than you'd get without these bonuses, so you're essentially adding more value to the refining.
      3. Then, we need to actually craft the item. If you have the resources handy, you just pay a fee (which, again, just changes hands), and hey presto, you have an item that you can then sell to anyone in need. If you craft with focus, you might end up crafting a better item than the one that was lost, or craft more items from the same batch of resources.

So, while it's true you actually need to sacrifice some resources and effort to recoup the loss of an item, I think the actual cost of that should not be calculated at the face market value of the item, but rather the cost of materials that went into recreating it (which are often much less).
      The repair costs, on the other side, are pure silver sink - you remove the silver from the game (the repair stations don't buy anything from the players) in order to bring the items back to full durability. That silver must be farmed back on mobs, chests, or mercenary laborers, there are no other options to get free silver from the system. In this sense, any player who gets knocked down and needs to repair is removing silver from the game, which disturbs the gold/silver parity, and therefore alters the cost.

gmatagmis wrote:

Whenever silver change hands is not a sink.
      Sinks are about removing silver from game.
      I highlighted this quote to reinforce my point.
      @Gabumon, I liked your post for an honest try at reinforcing your opinion, which I give some validity. Still, I think you're not entirely correct in your calculation. A trashed item needs to be replaced, true, but then, it's really one item changing hands (from someone selling to someone buying).
      The real "cost" to the game is negligible - all it takes to recreate the item is to craft it. Now let's consider the costs of that, shall we?
      1. First, we need raw resources. These are essentially free from the engine's standpoint - the game itself keeps handing them out indefinitely, it takes just some effort to gather them.
      2. Then, we need refined materials from these raw resources. You do this at the crafting stations, the fees you pay aren't removed from the economy, they just change hands (you pay them to the station's owner, so the silver is not removed). If you do the crafting in a preferred city and with focus, you even get more than you'd get without these bonuses, so you're essentially adding more value to the refining.
      3. Then, we need to actually craft the item. If you have the resources handy, you just pay a fee (which, again, just changes hands), and hey presto, you have an item that you can then sell to anyone in need. If you craft with focus, you might end up crafting a better item than the one that was lost, or craft more items from the same batch of resources.

So, while it's true you actually need to sacrifice some resources and effort to recoup the loss of an item, I think the actual cost of that should not be calculated at the face market value of the item, but rather the cost of materials that went into recreating it (which are often much less).
      The repair costs, on the other side, are pure silver sink - you remove the silver from the game (the repair stations don't buy anything from the players) in order to bring the items back to full durability. That silver must be farmed back on mobs, chests, or mercenary laborers, there are no other options to get free silver from the system. In this sense, any player who gets knocked down and needs to repair is removing silver from the game, which disturbs the gold/silver parity, and therefore alters the cost.
      I agree: Is true that silver changing hands is not a true sink: Not in the usual sense. But timesinks that makes people need to get anything are also part of the delicate balance of the economy. When we say repair is a true silver sink because the silver is lost forever, I gotta answer with "Yes, BUT"... since silver can be printed out of most the game mechanics. In the same way as someone has to "create" by gathering the fiber to refine for cloth to craft a Cleric Robe that got thrashed, someone can farm the silver to cover the repair costs. Anything that takes silver or an item from the game is, at the very least, an alternative sink that balances out the economy. Money sinks are fascinating topics and I highly suggest if interested to check Extra Credits youtube channel and watch MMO economies series, where they discuss many of the issues this post is discussing too.