Legit No Flame... Why are all the Ganking Weapons + Ways getting Nerfed?

• Legit No Flame... Why are all the Ganking Weapons + Ways getting Nerfed?

Hello and Welcome,

The last couple of weeks with Retroman's proposed changes in his posts.

Why is it that all of the weapons and ways to Chase a player, wait for them to get tagged (a mistake made by player), dismount and be able to dismount them getting nerfed?

1h Frost Change to E makes it so this cannot happen... Just barely but enough to make it not work anymore.

Axe W change, missing the .5 second on the W (2.5S) and addition of the .5 second stand time will make this not work also.

I do not understand the intent of these changes it is too Tailored towards what I have explained above.

It appears that the intent is to remove the ability to chase someone and be able to dismount them without the aid or other players? Is the game moving towards a Consensual pvp approach where the player would need to dismount or they can just run away?

These changes Negatively impact the game and gameplay. Larger groups will go out ganking and we will go back to the 20 or 40 on 1 mechanics which recently has been getting much much worse over the last couple months.

Realistically there should be changes that heavily encourages more small scale pvp 8 players or less and smaller groups. And ones that discourage larger scale pvp unless it is realistically ZVZ. And the Debuff mechanic works decent well for it.

The anti-zerg mechanic of reduction when too many people are hitting a solo player doesn't do anything as everyone is running FULL CC 1h mace builds and literally lock your character down to the point where you can do nothing but stand there and watch yourself die.

Something else needs to be put in place.. 100% trash rate, Fame reduction to the point where the kill gives 0 pvp fame. Make it so the only reason groups would do this is Griefing and eventually most of them will stop.

I won't get into the other things that have been changed but there is quite a bit, including the Call to arms update making Blue n yellow knockdown only, which has basically turned into a rat fest to earn a few faction points per outpost capture.

**********Please do not flame, do not post dumb stuff, Constructive feedback only************** ******************If you do not agree with the points above that is absolutely fine, just find another thread to post in********************************
    • Surprised there isn't more discussion about this...

Yeah, it's disappointing the direction stuff is going. I'm assuming SBI is trying to appeal to a much larger audience by making the game have a lot less risk involved overall and not be anywhere near as punishing. If they are going to keep moving towards this direction I wish they would just publicly announce their intentions and their vision for the long term.
    • vulpixgod wrote:

I already feel that pvp in black zone is dead. And its even worst now. Dismounting someone is a pain alone.

Its becoming a casual pve game.
      I'm pretty sure there're more people dying now than it used to be. Just count the number of skulls appear on minimap every hour.

It's used to be mount simulating for an hour before you could find someone to fight. Now you just flag up as Caerleon and there're numerous fight waiting for you right outside the gate.

Blobs run like mobs and skulls pop up like firework. How's that called "becoming a casual pve game" ??
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • To be fair the new faction flag is well "NEW" so lots of people doing it.. but even that has moved to its own little adventure of playing round robin aside from Caerleon. they are still trying to rip each others throats out.

A lot of people have just moved back to the black zone, but the changes proposed really do feel like its targeting solo / duo / small group ganking because its the only situation that is really getting the nerf from the change. In other aspects you could consider it to be a buff or a balancer applied to other changes *axe line one*

But I 100% agree they need to Publicly Make it know their intentions instead of letting people keep buying premium and gold with IRL $$ just to find out later down the line the content they love is completely gone.

Can we call this game a true sandbox anymore?
    • Rainphase wrote:

To be fair the new faction flag is well "NEW" so lots of people doing it.. but even that has moved to its own little adventure of playing round robin aside from Caerleon. they are still trying to rip each others throats out.

A lot of people have just moved back to the black zone, but the changes proposed really do feel like its targeting solo / duo / small group ganking because its the only situation that is really getting the nerf from the change. In other aspects you could consider it to be a buff or a balancer applied to other changes *axe line one*

But I 100% agree they need to Publicly Make it know their intentions instead of letting people keep buying premium and gold with IRL $$ just to find out later down the line the content they love is completely gone.

Can we call this game a true sandbox anymore?
      "changes proposed really do feel like its targeting solo / duo / small group ganking" -> Nope, the change proposed is to balance for corrupted dungeons. A quick stroll around the rant forum would show how much people are feeling disgusted with bearpaw ratting using incredibly speed from adrenaline rush. Same for frost.

CD is one of the most played contents right now in the game. Ofc it takes precedence in balancing.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • I mean I get it but This change really doesn't affect CD THAT much as there are plenty of mobs alive to proc the W. Which to be honest if you proc the W to get the 7 seconds its actually a buff by 30% if you look at 5x50=250% and 7x40= 280%

The stand time on Bear paw E.. I understand balancing wise but that also won't affect people ratting CD. Plus there are many other ways to approach bear paws to achieve the same thing without giving things in the game Stand Time which literally breaks every other mechanic and how the E Plays.
    • Again another round of nerfs, We have so many underperforming weapons and instead of fixing them so they are and can be used in more content in the game we instead nerf more weapons. If certain weapons were changed to improve functionality in content in Albion then this will naturally help to balance the game.
    • As an idea for 1h Frost E.. They could have changed it to this to accomplish around the same thing.

Initial cast does damage and put the skill in a fashion that allows you to Click E a 2nd time which does the freeze (allowable time to use 3 seconds) If the 2nd portion is cast the ability gets put on a slightly longer cooldown than normal. (also another option would be to make the Freeze Land after all jump movement abilities have finished)
    • I can feel u pain, i just can recommend to calm down

Whatever u say or do unless u have a big seat at RT it will most likely not affect what's happening..

The most likely thing to happen is u getting banned..

So stop it, take the game and the direction as "force majeure"..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mytherceria: Dev insults in quote ().

• Rainphase wrote:

Is the game moving towards a Consensual pvp approach where the player would need to dismount or they can just run away?
      I think the game has been moving that way for a long time. The fundamental issue is if one player can dismount someone, then multiple players can easily dismount anyone they run across.

You can't gank someone mounted unless they screw up, and it's been that way for a while.

Rainphase wrote:

Larger groups will go out ganking and we will go back to the 20 or 40 on 1 mechanics which recently has been getting much much worse over the last couple months.
      This is a re-write of history. Large gank groups have always been a thing. Right after the game launched, when you could attack immediately on dismount, groups would just sit at the black zone portals and chase anyone who ported in and tried to go somewhere. If you didn't have a faster mount, you were 100% dead. No matter how hard/easy ganking has been, players have always grouped up for it.

Years ago, before many of the changes we have now, the standard gank approach became running around on a large group of direwolves. If they made ganking easier, you wouldn't see people use smaller groups, you'd just see more people go do it for the easy money.

The reality is the blackzone, or any open world without restrictions, rewards numbers. The more players actually go out to solo or in small groups for the fun/challenge, the more profitable it is to run as a big group (as you'll have more targets).

Rainphase wrote:

Realistically there should be changes that heavily encourages more small scale pvp 8 players or less and smaller groups.
      They already did that: Roads of avalon. Groups larger then 7 can barely go anywhere in it, and even a group of 7 often will be delayed. The roads are the blackzone but setup to literally make it impossible for large groups/zergs to run around together. That is the only fix to the issue you have.
    • FriendlyFire wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

Is the game moving towards a Consensual pvp approach where the player would need to dismount or they can just run away?
      I think the game has been moving that way for a long time. The fundamental issue is if one player can dismount someone, then multiple players can easily dismount anyone they run across.
      You can't gank someone mounted unless they screw up, and it's been that way for a while.

Its always been that way you cannot gank someone mounted unless they screw up / get hit by a mob assuming you are mounted yourself. But they are nerfing this also.

Rainphase wrote:

Larger groups will go out ganking and we will go back to the 20 or 40 on 1 mechanics which recently has been getting much much worse over the last couple months.
      This is a re-write of history. Large gank groups have always been a thing. Right after the game launched, when you could attack immediately on dismount, groups would just sit at the black zone portals and chase anyone who ported in and tried to go somewhere. If you didn't have a faster mount, you were 100% dead. No matter how hard/easy ganking has been, players have always grouped up for it.
      Years ago, before many of the changes we have now, the standard gank approach became running around on a large group of direwolves. If they made ganking easier, you wouldn't see people use smaller groups, you'd just see more people go do it for the easy money.

The reality is the blackzone, or any open world without restrictions, rewards numbers. The more players actually go out to solo or in small groups for the fun/challenge, the more profitable it is to run as a big group (as you'll have more targets).

Na it hasn't been like this ive been playing since 2017, yes there have been large groups throughout time but nothing like it is today.. Everyones rolling in 20 man groups, everyones trying to bait smaller groups into fights.. Its literally a revolving zerg door.. small content is almost completely dead because of it.. you can't even get small content in roads.. people spend an HOUR funneling 20 people into a 2 man portal to bait people into fights thinking its gonna be a 2v2. I wasn't asking for it to be made easier if anything id ask for ways to ecourage smaller group content and punish idiots in 20 man zergs chasing 1-2 people instead of fighting sorta equal numbers.

Rainphase wrote:

Realistically there should be changes that heavily encourages more small scale pvp 8 players or less and smaller groups.
      They already did that: Roads of avalon. Groups larger then 7 can barely go anywhere in it, and even a group of 7 often will be delayed. The roads are the blackzone but setup to literally make it impossible for large groups/zergs to run around together. That is the only fix to the issue you have.

As stated above that doesn't work on roads and ive run around roads solo for HOURS and sometimes see no one. Even if its designed that way people still bait lame portal camping with 3x the numbers of the portal size at least to bait into easy kills.
    • Sadly,they've been nerfing ganking methods and tactics before the game went F2P. I'm sure this update will go through, there has been a lot of protests from the ganking community with many of their ganking nerfs but they've fallen on deaf ears. As a person who has been ganking since beta,let them nerf it to the ground to the point where caerleon prices on items are a mirror image of those in the royals,then maybe they will address ganking in a new light.
    • I want to reply you with someone else words about that problem:

"So tired of reading forums of people Whining and complaining about shit being Buff or nerfed too much. And then they comment like they are #1 Said Weapon Player. The biggest issue is.... Drum Roll Please....... Please suck at this game..."

The guy who wrote that is YOU hypocrite

So L2P