Please Rework Swords

• Please Rework Swords

Swords have underperformed for a long time, the Heroic Charge idea just didnt work out like you wanted it to, please just drop it.

A few ideas that may help though.

- Have all sword E abilities not depend on stacks for damage, but instead have them work like Carving Sword where a secondary effect is improved when using E with more charges.

- Have charges last longer and unable to be purged.

- Have charges improve something other than autoattack speed, which is useless in PvP. Something more useful like ability damage or resistances.

- Just completely rework the W's, they are all garbage now, Parry Strike was pretty good but it's bad now that reflect doesnt receive bonus dmg from your gear.

There are a ton of ways to fix swords while having them retain a unique playstyle. Just please, do SOMETHING!

Thank you for reading.

P.S. Bring Giant Steps back to the Greathammer. Make Greathammers Great Again 2021

Oh and while you're at it, make cloth armor's resistances actually noticeably lower. Fighting in melee combat whilst wearing a dress should end up with you getting your face on a T shirt.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Happytr33z ().

• Their E are fine in theory its just only they feel very punishing to use without stacks most of the time. Because you can use Claymore/Broadsword E to interrupt and resist a big damage or these and carving/dualsword E for gapclose while latter can be used only for mobility. And their damage scale heavily with stacks I understand your frustration.

Charges lasting longer is a good idea in theory but that will make Iron Will used way more frequently than it is. You can use this ability to make yourself immune to purges for 3 seconds as well so this is unnecessary.

Charges also improve movement speed which is their main use. Auto attack speed increase is very good while fighting solo or smallscale (up to 5) Faster passive procs.

Ws are not garbage just that the options are very nieche. Slow is very potent but only useful under certain circumstances. Same with Interrupt. Shatter for pure damage, parry for defense and iron-will for fighting mobile targets or purges.

I agree with you that the swords need some love but the changes you propose are mostly disinformed.
    • I reckon there is a niche to be filled in albion's build potential with regards to playing with mana. I think it would be cool to rework many of the sword abilities around draining energy and inhibiting energy regeneration. Anything to make that sweet, sweet royal armour more useful. I've always liked the idea of anitmagic and always seach for ways to create denial builds in mmos.
    • Happytr33z wrote:

- Have charges improve something other than autoattack speed, which is useless in PvP. Something more useful like ability damage or resistances.

- Just completely rework the W's, they are all garbage now, Parry Strike was pretty good but it's bad now that reflect doesnt receive bonus dmg from your gear.

Oh man are you really a Sword player ?
      Attackspeed is an awesome buff for swords, since your DPS comes from autoattacks.

And the W's are not all trash, parry strike, Iron will and the W root is great. Interrupt can be useful and is good for PvE, the slowing W is really powerful but it is not so played bc others W are way much better.

I think Swords need a third Q to make them more playable. You can have a lot of different way to improve the sword gameplay.

Some examples :
      - dagger Q3 like, charging stacks with a price to pay like high mana burn (like specter shoes) or a damage taken increase.
      - short dash that deal little damage and give you one stack for every enemy hit.
      - a 3 or more times hit like the axe Q3 that give you one stack for every combo but also give a good but short speed boost for every combo too ( 40% is good imo )

Also there is some E to rework, the dual sword one is too easy to cancel, the kingsmaker swing is bugged...

The post was edited 1 time, last by TeckTeck ().

• moking wrote:

TeckTeck wrote:

Attackspeed is an awesome buff for swords, since your DPS comes from autoattacks.
      Wrong
      I noticed something interesting.

The most 0 IQ opinions players in albions are often about ....... autoattacks. It´s actually really interesting. It seems people have even less than zero clue how autoattacks and attack speed works.
      Hell, i play axes, and some people said you should play hunter jacket with axes.
      People dont even understand how passives works and how standtime is an issue in pvp.

Attack speed gets buffed, but damage usually remains the same - didnt check calculation for sword, but i can imagine it is.
      Now what´s good about attack speed increase ? Good thing is you get more value from your passives since they proc more often.

Now what´s bad about it ? If the damage is weaker, first attack will always be weaker ( you start with space and Q usually), and that´s bad. If standtime is reduced as well, it won´t be that much bad. However, after you use ability, there is a certain time before you can start autoattacking again, and that can be rather problematic. You usually want to maximize damage potential and there is some perfect ratio between attack speed x cooldown reduction and i guess swords will se how that goes for them.

As for axes, rip them lol - adrenaline boost nerf will make it unusable as gap closer, sadge.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • moking wrote:

TeckTeck wrote:

Wrong
      I really dont know what kind of sword you play... even with high damage E, autoattacks make a great difference if you think this is useful it isn't. Also, swords have one of the biggest autoattack DPS of the game. Skills are important as autoattacks.

Borbarad wrote:

moking wrote:

TeckTeck wrote:

Wrong
      I noticed something interesting.
      The most 0 IQ opinions players in albions are often about ....... autoattacks. It´s actually really interesting. It seems people have even less than zero clue how autoattacks and attack speed works.
      Hell, i play axes, and some people said you should play hunter jacket with axes.
      People dont even understand how passives works and how standtime is an issue in pvp.

Attack speed gets buffed, but damage usually remains the same - didnt check calculation for sword, but i can imagine it is.
      Now what´s good about attack speed increase ? Good thing is you get more value from your passives since they proc more often.

Now what´s bad about it ? If the damage is weaker, first attack will always be weaker ( you start with space and Q usually), and that´s bad. If standtime is reduced as well, it won´t be that much bad. However, after you use ability, there is a certain time before you can start autoattacking again, and that can be rather problematic. You usually want to maximize damage potential and there is some perfect ratio between attack speed x cooldown reduction and i guess swords will se how that goes for them.

As for axes, rip them lol - adrenaline boost nerf will make it unusable as gap closer, sadge.
      Yes as I just said previously attack speed is intersting with good autoattack DPS like every 2h swords, bloodletter or whatever.

But yeah there is a balance between CD reduction and attack speed, but attack speed should not be thinked like something useless, especially when a passif give you 2.5% CD reduction or 6% attack speed. That can make a 30~40 DPS difference if attack speed is chosen as a passive for a good and spec sword and I don't even add the Q stack bonus.

Autoattacks and attack speed buff is a part of the sword mechanic and that's a pretty good thing for me I like this a lot, autoattacks builds are pretty rare but fun builds so don't kill all the builds made with swords.
    • TeckTeck wrote:

moking wrote:

TeckTeck wrote:

Wrong
      I really dont know what kind of sword you play... even with high damage E, autoattacks make a great difference if you think this is useful it isn't. Also, swords have one of the biggest autoattack DPS of the game. Skills are important as autoattacks.

You are the prime example of what i said above. You just dont understand how autoattacks works. It´s insane. Why is it so hard to comprehend how autoattack and autoattack speed works ?

if your attack speed is higher but damage is decreased to the point that you deal same dps, it doesn´t really matter. If you make 200 hits per second, it doesnt mean you deal shit tons of damage than someone who makes 1 hit per second if other dude´s damage is 200x higher than yours, got it ?

if 200 hits per second = 200 damage vs 1 hit per second = 200 damage, dps is the same. How is that hard to comprehend doode ? :D

Only if dps changes, then it´s a buff. And if standtime isn´t changed, it can be insane nerf and blah blah i already said enough.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • If the game doesnt have passives activated by number of atacks, you could be right. Also you dont know How some mechanics in this game Works. Lower atack speed means you atack way slower after using skills. Look at spear Q, near 0 stand time and you have to wait a lot to do a Basic atack. Swords and daggers are faster and almost atack after q cast.
    • Let me clarify

With Swords you got two main source of DPS that comes from Spells and Autoattacks. The % of each depend a lot on which sword and which spells are used.

You can increase both side of your DPS, with a basic damage buff or with CD reduction for spells, and with attack speed for autoattacks.

Now, no matter which sword you use you will always have to use your autos to deal 100% of your DPS. So, the Q stack bonus for sword is pretty good for all sword, especially swords like carving or even claymore, broadsword etc... if you change this by a CD reduction bonus that will also help a lot, but that would definitely break a entire game mechanic that come with sword : the fact that you need to always autoattacks to deal good damage. And obviously it would become totally broken for Broadsword, Kingsmaker and all the high damage E sword.

What you need to understand instead of talking for me is that sometimes with swords and leather a 6% attack speed is better than a 2.5% CD reduction. Autoattacks never miss + they have the passive, high attack speed with the bleed add a nice DPS, high attack speed with the attack speed passive on dagger allow you to have a infinite good attack speed buff, pretty fun with bloodletter... On paper DPS is not real DPS do you understand this ?

If you want to spam spells just go mage or go dagger but please just don't ruin an unique and awesome gameplay that need improvements, not rework.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TeckTeck ().

• TeckTeck wrote:

Let me clarify

With Swords you got two main source of DPS that comes from Spells and Autoattacks. The % of each depend a lot on which sword and which spells are used.

You can increase both side of your DPS, with a basic damage buff or with CD reduction for spells, and with attack speed for autoattacks.

Now, no matter which sword you use you will always have to use your autos to deal 100% of your DPS. So, the Q stack bonus for sword is pretty good for all sword, especially swords like carving or even claymore, broadsword etc... if you change this by a CD reduction bonus that will also help a lot, but that would definitely break a entire game mechanic that come with sword : the fact that you need to always autoattacks to deal good damage. And obviously it would become totally broken for Broadsword, Kingsmaker and all the high damage E sword.

What you need to understand instead of talking for me is that sometimes with swords and leather a 6% attack speed is better than a 2.5% CD reduction. Autoattacks never miss + they have the passive, high attack speed with the bleed add a nice DPS, high attack speed with the attack speed passive on dagger allow you to have a infinite good attack speed buff, pretty fun with bloodletter... On paper DPS is not real DPS do you understand this ?

If you want to spam spells just go mage or go dagger but please just don't ruin an unique and awesome gameplay that need improvements, not rework.
      It looks like u play swords only in PvE but in PvP there are a lot of better options than going swords also for what u'll use ur basic attacks against a range dps with mobility? that just won't work atleast in the past u got more dmg per hit cuz u hit them like 1 or 2 times or sometimes u just have to play with ur Q and ur E what u mean that all dmg for swords come from basic attacks ? if u talk about PvE yeah but that won't work for PvP also in PvE are a lot of better options than a sword xd ppl here are complaining about Swords and how weak they are also me too

Swords are weak don't lie saying that they are good as they are rn and saying that this was a buff its a balance u don't get any buff 135 dmg every 1 second (10 seconds=1350) to 100 dmg every 1.35 seconds(10 seconds=1350) is the same dude why u don't understand that, talking about passives, all passives in swords are useless if u compare them with the others one like axe, dagger, hammer, quarterstaff, mace and spear they are just better than swords also i saw more things u said that attack speed is fun, but its useless in swords here we aren't talking about fun we are talking about how weak the swords are and the things that make weak the sword, cuz all the sword players play it cuz its fun but they also know that swords are weak and almost useless compared with other weapons but they still playing cuz they like the swords the thing is they need balance to make them good not OP to be equal to other melee weapons atleast
    • Swords are kinda pretty "meh" in aesthetics department (looking at axe's q skill), but if you focus on dealing damage with auto attacks with occasional burst damage (with low cooldowns) on PvP, its performing well. The only thing I would change for swords are the stand time mechanic timings, it makes combat with swords kinda clunky.
    • moking wrote:

TeckTeck wrote:

high attack speed with the bleed add a nice DPS, high attack speed with the attack speed passive on dagger
      Yes for daggers, but not for swords. Bleed passive on swords is just the best option out of the worst. Thats why it is used, literally no other reason than this.
      1st passive - Bleed add nice DPS
      2nd passive - Put an infinite -4% dmg/heal pwr that was an absolute gift against every ennemy with high hp regen
      3rd passive - Makes you stack super fast so you barely are always with your 3 stacks
      4 passive - Gives you an awesome resistance bonus that is super useful

All those passives are really good, the 2nd one is the less useful IMO and is one that could need some attention.
      All swords passives are really good when played with a decent attack speed that allow you to active them really often.

AnnSz wrote:

It looks like u play swords only in PvE but in PvP there are a lot of better options than going swords also for what u'll use ur basic attacks against a range dps with mobility? that just won't work atleast in the past u got more dmg per hit cuz u hit them like 1 or 2 times or sometimes u just have to play with ur Q and ur E what u mean that all dmg for swords come from basic attacks ? if u talk about PvE yeah but that won't work for PvP also in PvE are a lot of better options than a sword xd ppl here are complaining about Swords and how weak they are also me too
      Swords are weak don't lie saying that they are good as they are rn and saying that this was a buff its a balance u don't get any buff 135 dmg every 1 second (10 seconds=1350) to 100 dmg every 1.35 seconds(10 seconds=1350) is the same dude why u don't understand that, talking about passives, all passives in swords are useless if u compare them with the others one like axe, dagger, hammer, quarterstaff, mace and spear they are just better than swords also i saw more things u said that attack speed is fun, but its useless in swords here we aren't talking about fun we are talking about how weak the swords are and the things that make weak the sword, cuz all the sword players play it cuz its fun but they also know that swords are weak and almost useless compared with other weapons but they still playing cuz they like the swords the thing is they need balance to make them good not OP to be equal to other melee weapons atleast
      Yeah yeah I only play PvE... :S

Starting your post by trashtalking is childish shit just grow up a bit boy.
      If you are like me a sword player and lover can we just talk with respect while we are exchanging our ideas to improve this so underrated weapon that sword is.

I think there is definitely something that you need to understand with some of the things you talk about :

Swords are HUGE mana burning weapons, but also are really good Autoattack Damage and basic Attack speed (~1/sec).

Autoattacks are, 0MP attacks, 100% sure to hit.

Sword Q stack allow you to chose ennemy, make one or two autos, chase it back, etc...

Swords are close ranged weapons, with good mobility, 4 on 7 weapons got a E with a jump or dash. They have some good spammable skill and some really good and powerful E. But they are really close ranged, always chasing a running ennemy is the basic with sword. So when you say that autos sucks I just laugh hard, since you are supposed to always be at range, you should always be doing some autos just as you should always use your damage spells when they are available.

ONCE FOR ALL : I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT 100% OF SWORD DPS COMES FROM AUTOATTACK

Now maybe you will start to understand the power of autos, maybe this is why you think swords are so weak.

We can keep the actual sword gameplay, and improve them don't be silly. You want to improve swords ? Give them more basic mobility and everything will be fine. If only they made a jump/dash 3rd Q just like axes, it will pull back swords on the top tier weapons.

Really guys, swords aren't weak, they just need a little touch to make them perfect.