Please Rework Swords

• I invite the person who left the swords in this situation to play against any ranged opponent... man this shit never works if your enemy has a piece of brain :D
      you only win if your opponent makes a mistake and they dont when things get serious

how tf we are supposed to catch our enemy with 20 sec cd iron will?
      Parry strike is overrated at all ( easy to counter, stealing all your poor mobility)
      Q animations are depressing

About swords

Galatine swords are a really good option for you to commit suicide and waste your money

Dual swords has an E skill that is very difficult to use properly

Broadsword might be fine if W skills are reworked but yes the E animation is pathetic

Claymore's E ability works fine if the oppo is running at you otherwise he will just leave your range and you will waste your 3 stacks for no damage lol

Clarent Blade's E must get full rework

Carving sword might be good option to play if you have one more attacker with you. the mobility is fine and your E hits some decent dmg without stacks.. so its basically good because it doesnt work like a sword :D

Kingmaker must be reworked just like Clarent Blade
    • Swords Needs Buffs

Please drop a like or coment if you agree, if not please give us your why-not opinion.

ITEM(S) ABOUT: Swords

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
      Swords had a lack of utility on Q's and charges compared to any other MDPS,
      Kinda OK w's, and perfect E's beside Kingsmaker.
      It should be the fastest melee but is the worst overall.

URGENCY:
      High, we need some nerfs, buffs and reworks.
      Nerfs why? Because of prestackers on 1v1.
      Buffs 'cause Qs are very lame RN
      Reworks on W's

ARGUMENT:

PRESTACKERS
      Prestackers are an issue that make Swords tree the worst melee.
      Claymore got nerfed from 15mt to 13mt, Iron will got nerfed from 4s duration to 3s duration,
      Heroic stacks got nerf from a 12% buff to 9%.

We need some rework on 1v1 FIRST to get atleast A SINGLE BUFF on swords.
      Maybe in the future we will see HG1V1 instead of Corrupted Dungeons with PVE(Traps+Mobs) while PVPing
      Or maybe just a rework on invading system, erasing all mobs except bosses, leaving only crystals.

Thats the only way to buff 1V1 Swords; 5s or bigger content can get buffs without doing big changes to 1V1.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STACKS.
      About Q's Swords its the worst even nerfs on axes,

Daggers had more variety,
      3 stacks of Q1 will pierce more than one single T8 poison
      3 stacks of Q2 or Q3 will buff the Dagger Player with 27% more damage. 8sec duration btw.
      The autostack isn't a tread and its fine to not having auto-stack on swords.

Axes had more utility overall so thats why they are better in 5s, less damage overall in 1v1 situation.
      But they had DoTS. 8sec duration.

Spears are more utility, less damage, better duration. More usefull overall
      3 stacks of Q1 or Q2 gives 120% more AutoAttack Damage, 8 secs each
      Q1 has a slow, and 6mt; not single target, very nice Q.
      Q2 auto-stack, melee-ranged cause they had autottack range buff

Swords its just flat damage and a 6sec duration buff
      Q1 Nice damage + Charge, Q2 the same but less DMG and AOE
      0 Dots, 0 Slows, blablabla.
      3 stacks gives 27% Speed attack and Mov. speed. 6 sec duration.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

W Skill

W1, W4 and W5 are OK

W2 needs to get de-nerfed;

W3 needs a rework; and there is 2 options i think
      W3 should be AOE; having or just AOE or DASH AOE.
      Slowing AOE with Damage would be nice to open world group PVP.
      Maybe if can steal Mov. speed would be great, its just a idea tho.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kingsmaker and Clarent

They are just bad, KM had a bad AOE with a nice DMG. Clarent a bad DMG with nice AOE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLUTION:

1V1 SOLUTIONS needs nerfs on prestackers first, if the "prestacker nerf arguments" happens someday;
      Changes like buffing again W2 or Heroic Charges, duration of stacks from 6sec to 8secs, and a new Q3 MAYBE, would be nice.
      (Iron will duration from 3s -> 4s)
      (Heroic Charges duration from 6s -> 8s)

W3 REWORK IDEA 01.
      HAMSTRING:
      Swing your sword in a 6m radius around (Same radius than Swords Q2)
      DAMAGE: T4 700IP Two handed: 154 P.Damage (Actual) -> 198P.Damage (Same than W1, Less than W5; parry)
      SLOW: FROM 38% TO 30%, slow seconds doesn't change.
      BUFF: If you hit at least 1 enemy you will had a 15% move speed buff for X seconds (IP depending), Maybe 5 seconds at T4 700IP.
      CD: 10s -> 12s
      Range: 3m - > 6M radius
      Cast time: 0s.

W3 Rework IDEA 02.
      HAMSTRING:
      7mt dash that slows+steals MOV. speed.
      SLOW: FROM 38% TO 30%, slow seconds doesn't change.
      BUFF: If you hit at least 1 enemy you will had a 15% move speed buff for X seconds (IP depending), Maybe 5 seconds at T4 700IP.
      CD: 10s -> 15s
      Range: 7M
      Cast time: 0s, with animation of 0.5 maybe.

Kingsmaker
      Wide AOE + Longer AOE should be a nice BUFF without doing a rework.

Clarent
      Clarent blade its ok as a weapon but it should be pinned to buff/rework, maybe not consuming stacks at the E as somes of the spears.

The post was edited 7 times, last by HIDKstr: Last edit erasing clickbait title ().

• there is much more things that need fixes before the sword gets touched again for 1 on 1 content.

Bow, fire, arcane, xbow, holy, nature, generic CD reset design, 1 on 1 hg, life curse, Hammers and several other things have more issues in CD than swords.

Before swords should be tuned, these broken fix need fixes..
    • Trial_hard wrote:

there is much more things that need fixes before the sword gets touched again for 1 on 1 content.

Bow, fire, arcane, xbow, holy, nature, generic CD reset design, 1 on 1 hg, life curse, Hammers and several other things have more issues in CD than swords.

Argument: There is a worst weapon.

Fire needs buffs? Arcane needs buffs? DO A POST THEN.

About issues on CDS check this post talking about PVE bad implemented on PVP scenario corrupted dungeons POST.

This is a post about swords, not about corrupteds only if you can read i said it more than 2 times.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

there is much more things that need fixes before the sword gets touched again for 1 on 1 content.

it's not just about CD's, swords has no place in whatever content of the game.
    • pinto wrote:

UNFM wrote:

can you stop making over and over same post.. same people over and over again.. SWORDS ARE FINE!!!!!
      they are not fine lolif they were fine, no one would be complaining about it.
      as a i said before, swords has no place in any content of the game.
      what u dont understand? in CD layout is problem not weapons.. jesus christ how many times we have to talk about same things.. CD need rework not swords.
    • UNFM wrote:

pinto wrote:

UNFM wrote:

can you stop making over and over same post.. same people over and over again.. SWORDS ARE FINE!!!!!
      they are not fine lolif they were fine, no one would be complaining about it.as a i said before, swords has no place in any content of the game.
      what u dont understand? in CD layout is problem not weapons.. jesus christ how many times we have to talk about same things.. CD need rework not swords.
      sword are legit TRASH in ALL THE CONTENTS OF THE GAME, don't u understand it?
      I'm not talking exclusively of CD.
    • @UNFM

in what parallel universe are you from where sword are actually legit in any content in the game?

in open world fights, people like equarts needs dungeon mobs to go kill many people
      also in open world you dont always have the luxury to stack sword stacks for a huge e to start the fight

in corrupted dungeons you blame the layout being full of traps or being too open. then what about kite builds or running builds can swords chase that? frost and bow has more mobility without the traps anyway then swords ever will

then how about hellgates? there are no mobs to stack Q now and there are plenty ways spears and dual dagger can one shot your ass as a sword

people are here complaing to buff swords because there is 0 i repeat 0 area in the game where swords is a better choice then axe,bow,dagger in their respective roles.

swords zvz? there is halbard and realmbreaker or mistpiercer which does a better job
      corrupted dungeons? there is axe and bows who can rat and kill mobs faster or daggers and frost which can kill better
      hellgates? there are better options
      open world and roads of avalon? carving is viable but curse can do better and at a much safer range
      how about fame farming. crossbow,spear and axe is much better cause they have aoe in their kit

so tell me in which parallel universe are you from where swords do not need a buff
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • pinto wrote:

sword are legit TRASH in ALL THE CONTENTS OF THE GAME,
      carving KING OF SMALL SCALE
      Galas still good now need higher tier and brain to be use well
      dual sword still OP in massive ZVZs
      claymore/broad 1v1,2v2,5v5
      ava - unplayable (need buff/rework)
      ohh and clarent the best melle PVE for solol players + good in massive zvz

The post was edited 1 time, last by UNFM ().

• Trial_hard wrote:

broadsword ist still good in 2hg and 5 hg

I don't play anything bigger like 10 hg or ZvZ because I don't play zerg

Trial_hard wrote:

I am doing fine with swords.. don't understand u problem..

I take my claymore I prestack and GG
      So you don't agree in a post not only about CDS, and the principal argument to nerf swords are prestackers and you say "I prestack and gg"
      Litterally prestackers killed swords on 1v1.

On other areas wasn't prestacker issues its just other melees are way too superior

UNFM wrote:

pinto wrote:

sword are legit TRASH in ALL THE CONTENTS OF THE GAME,
      carving KING OF SMALL SCALEGalas still good now need higher tier and brain to be use well
      dual sword still OP in massive ZVZs
      claymore/broad 1v1,2v2,5v5
      ava - unplayable (need buff/rework)
      ohh and clarent the best melle PVE for solol players + good in massive zvz
      Carving isn't king of a shit, Equart play 8.1 or 8.2 to kill t6-7 dudes without max spec.

Galas is still good, indeed; the change isn't based on galas if you know how to read you can notice it.

Dual swords its ok, isn't OP lmao.

Claymore and broad is bad on 2V2, idk why people think its nice XD. In 5v5 claymore its bad, 5s Broad its ok but in patch5 will be trash again cause axes will had bleeds again on Q2.
      If you play/watch 5s you will understand.

Ava its un playable indeed, needs more AOE.

Clarent in pve its ok, the "buff" idea will do almost nothin more than a bit more of utility.

If you can read the issue aren't the Es except for KMs. The duration of the charges are a shit, you will get stun and lose charges, iron will its easy to counter too being a kite weapon,
      the only problem its charge duration ,q utility (problem on 5s/10s/20s), and W3 on general aspects. Iron will would be nice buff ONLY if they want to nerf prestackers; if not its ok as a skill.