Hellgate needs some attention urgently, or it will became a dead content.

• Hellgates
    • Anonxinho wrote:

The meta is really garbage right now, Low IP doesn't make the content as fun as used to be, having this Low IP implies on cheap Building(Item Price x Average total build cost), making the pool possible to build so low that certain builds just melt you instantly,

You guys have come with the Item Power Gear thing, but forget that the IP isn't the only information on the big picture, the economy side of HG is important as well,

This meta offers a lot of risk, with a bunch of different comps of Dual CC and Ridiculous Strong Dagger + Healer, but the reward isn't enough for this much risk, for those factor.

1. There if no more fame at all, you simple cant spec anything on the Hell Gate anymore, and if you wanna spec anything you have to do DG's or something else, what is lame cuz the CDG's give a shit ton of fame.

2. The loot on the HG x2 is way worse than used to be, srsly, is ridiculous, way way low than on CDG's also.
      Display Spoiler
      There is no more drop of artifacts that used to drop on the old HG, i used to get a good amount of valuable artifacts that on the end of the day tend to give me a good amount of silver. Artifacts Itens are really overpriced right now also, you guys should also check that.

3. The builds that people use are really garbage, you barely can make money on the sets, all on T4.2 T6 gear, is really boring compared on the old days and you easily would flex a T8.1 making the Big Fights a REAL THING and REAL EXCITING, with proper combat that takes longer than 30 seconds.

4. The Ranking that should be a good thing turn out only TOP 5 doing nonstop PVE, and the rest of people ALSO having to do some PVE with random fights with REALLY LOW INFAMY DROP, and i really dont understand it, i have done some non lethal just to see and people there drops like a SHIT TON MORE INFAMY than lethals, is really weird. By this, the fight for the rank is ALSO useless and only a big fat PVE SPAM.

5. YOU GUYS DOSNT GIVE ANY HOPE FOR HG PLAYERS! All the nerfs and buffs looks EXTREMELY RETARD, sorry for being this rude, but really looks like that or you guys DONT CARE TO COMBAT x2 at HG, or you guys DONT UNDERSTAND ABOUT COMBAT x2. All the recent patchs since you announced balances to HG x2 and X5 looked very weird, and the recent NDA notes also.

And what can you guys do about it?

1. Ask about HG x2 combat necessary nerf to CONSISTENT HG x2 PLAYERS. Please, don't listen to just one side of the player base, the ones who are closer to you, ask for players that have done it for a long time, consistently (even if they have dropped the content like a big part of this content player base). The combat change with every different content, ZVZ players can only tell you what balances ZVZ's need, but cant tell you what x2 combats need.

2. Hire people to TEST IT, please, look at it and understand what happens, there a plenty of stream also, you could learn a lot about necessary combat balances just looking at players playing it.

3. Make the content rewarding, to make people interested again on it

4. Interact with the Feedback Session on forum expose what you guys are looking at currently, what are a concern, be transparent about it, at least show if our feedback are being listened or are of any value.

5. Diversify the meta! Don't make it turns on only DPS comps! You guys nerfed the Heal on HG's because there is so many healers but there are more DPS's than healers on HG's overall, because even with a healer there is a DPS'. You guys want turn one of the most fun content for healers do about PVP ( i mean, is fear and there is no a GANGBANG on you, just you and another DPS) into a nightmare of DPS's exploding them with less armor than ever with 10% heal debuff. I want more healers, stop nerfing the shit out of natures, them used to be viable, now is garbage. Make more holys usefull, not only Lifetouch and Hallowfall (specially on HG x5, there is only space for Hallowfalls, anything else is trash). On X2 is space only for Lifetouch for a long time. Make Natures great again.
      Agreed!

x2 hellgate is dying. You can see on twitch, most x2 streamers are doing CDs now.

I think the greater problem is the meta right now. Before this patch many DPS + healer were viable. Broadsword, Claymore, Carrioncaller, bow, pike, Blackhands, Deathgivers, cursed staff, cursedSkull and so on...

Now healer only works with dagger pair, and duo dps comps with great burst and CC can't be countered. There is a very small window where you can use resist pot, every shield you got, and then pray to live through their full combo.

Don't get me wrong, previous meta had problems too, but they were minor. Reset comps were very annoying to play against, because they had infinite reset. The only viable healer was lifetouch. Druids was pretty much dead, and almost no one were playing Hallowfall.
    • Agree 100%
      Before patch i play only HG thats is my content in albion now i dont play this shit anymore becose all of that what you say.....
      before patch i like to play one shot with quartertaff becose its fun for me now unplayable becose change E :/ + map is always random and many times we run into closed room so i dont like new maps ...
    • yea bro me too.
      just not liking the new HG at all.

I wish they would ahve the old HG and the new one side by side to see which one people would play more.
      Most of my friends quit playing HG also feeling like quiting the game as well.

Looking for new content outside of HG but nothing like the old HG though was fun making progress and getting rewarded for doing playing HG.
      Now red Hg is just high risk w/ bad reward.
      It was okay before if you lose your stuff you can maybe make it back now if you lose it no way your breaking even.
      Also i think most mid level HG teams got driven off of HG.

So sad.
    • Hi everyone,

Thanks first of all for sharing your feedback and also to @KyGho for coming up with such a detailed post!

I just wanted to let you know that our devs have seen the feedback. They are looking into ways of improving the player experience within the new Hellgates system and are also keeping an eye on the current developments.

- Mytherceria

Mytherceria#3744
    • As a newbie player i like new hellgates,because i can atleast play them.before it was only healer+dps.So in order to play it with a friend,some1 had to become a healer which is quite unlucky when we find that out.Atleast for now we can sometimes win healers as double 1h mace without any spec in that.And still there is a lot of scenarios where we can't burst healer(like cleric cowl,knight boots and that buble jumping heal from one of the healing staffs,impossible to win,i meant all this combined on a healer).And all you guys want to get it back?so you can reckt noobs with your mega heals and shields where healer is unstopabble moving force?

I agree that hellgates needs to be as corrupted dungeons with diff.levels:hunter,stalker,slayer,so everyone can enjoy playing ,veterans in slayer,noobs in stalker,even more noobs in hunter.

But if you guys want to play all day healer+dps this content will be boring,I think for most of the newcomers.Because noone,literally noone spec healing staff as a new player.and other than that we will be forced ,as i understand right, to play as a healer which is also not a preferred playstyle for most of the people.Or we will just try all day to kill those unstoppable healer+dps duos without any success

The post was edited 2 times, last by alens ().

• So you guys want to:
      1. Kill SOB comps
      2. Make healers better
      3. Nerf DDagger
      4. Diversify the meta?

Litterally the SOB BUILD its because ITS FILLIED OF HEALERS. ¿What can do people if they can't one shot then? Playing healer to counter healer XD....
      The meta its based on healers, i had to play SOB cause i don't wanna play healer comp, people had to play mace + dagger or double mace to beat easily noob healers.
      Undestand this: Healer is top 1 comp SINCE ALWAYS.
      OnlyHealerDuos cried about quarterstaff dagger/badon/fire etc.
      Now common quarter isn't a thing, SOB will not be next so what?
      Tombhammer Sleep W and demon helm now? Cause u cant cleanse 2 stuns + silence on healer and protect ur dps? OH SADGE.
      Later it will be a tank arcane that shits on a healer? Like bruh, just THINK.

Literally i've played so many 2s and im not crying for diying 1v1 against a healer more than 5 times when my dps kill-n-die.

How to counter qstaffs:
      1. USE UR DEFENSIVE POT CORRECTLY:
      Don't use cleric robe and later the resist bro, u will get purge, stunned and oneshoted, USE UR RESIST.

2. What abilities u had to use
      Depending on the Qstaff build (Specter/knigth armor) (Silence helmet/Knight helmet).
      You will had to change to Boop (cowl), sacred pulse (W1), anti push W of healers (w3),
      Change to frost shield, stone skin, and common run is the basic easy way to counter, AND YEAH DON'T USE KNIGH BOOTS TO CLUMP BRO.

Q3 Frost its easy to kite with common run.
      Oneshot dagger its hard to counter if the healer trolls or the dagger/dps doesn't iframe, etc.
      The trick against 1handed dagger (if u play dagger or frost) try to iframe the W from the qstaff (don't use purge cause u will fail like ouzadu purgin boots and then getting stun on u anyway).
      Playing mage robe+boop its a nice counter to 1handed dagger+SOB
      Playing frost shield+skinstone/boop its a nice counter against frost+SOB
      ALWAYS PLAY COMMON RUN, AND ALWAYS USE UR RESIST EARLY.

3. The "outplay helmet"
      If the QS wear demon helmet its hard for the healer cause he need to cleanse the DPS, and cleanse himself.
      But IF YOU DON'T CLUMP WITH UR DPS u can PLAY CORRECTLY.
      QS only will W+Cape the dps most commonly, if ur DPS use resist its fine, he will be able to use W, or any defensive later unless QS goes for demon cape on DPS. (But thats bad)
      If the QS its smart will always demon helmet the healer, if the qs W+Demon H. the dps its a FREE cleanse and win.

Same against hellion hood, don't clump, don't use knight boots, u can heal fine with Q/E and DPS defensives are enough.

Knigh helmet can be purged, and then they can be pushed for example.

The meta is the healer don't lie to yourselfs guys! Try to play anything that isn't healer or oneshot and u will see. And i know who perfectly know this; Legal. Just check the HG builds, bunch of healer + DPS.
      The counter tho healer? Oneshot one. ONLY OPTION.
      Try and tell me a build that can fight against a 1 dps 1 healer without oneshot strat.
      -------------------------------------

EDIT:
      Don't mind guys, just ask to nerf SOB, we will play another anti healer comp that will annoy anyway; cause we think on builds to play.
      Any hammer can W sleep for 5s the healer, a gatherer helmet can do it too, a demon helm can annoy a healer so much too, etc.
      Just learn how to rotate correctly defensives. If you need proves u can "out-play" one shot builds check beast or ouzadu vods bro...

The post was edited 1 time, last by HIDKstr: Adding build and things on the end. ().

• HIDKstr wrote:

So you guys want to:
      1. Kill SOB comps
      2. Make healers better
      3. Nerf DDagger
      4. Diversify the meta?

Litterally the SOB BUILD its because ITS FILLIED OF HEALERS. ¿What can do people if they can't one shot then? Playing healer to counter healer XD....
      The meta its based on healers, i had to play SOB cause i don't wanna play healer comp, people had to play mace + dagger or double mace to beat easily noob healers.
      Undestand this: Healer is top 1 comp SINCE ALWAYS.
      OnlyHealerDuos cried about quarterstaff dagger/badon/fire etc.
      Now common quarter isn't a thing, SOB will not be next so what?
      Tombhammer Sleep W and demon helm now? Cause u cant cleanse 2 stuns + silence on healer and protect ur dps? OH SADGE.
      Later it will be a tank arcane that shits on a healer? Like bruh, just THINK.

Literally i've played so many 2s and im not crying for diying 1v1 against a healer more than 5 times when my dps kill-n-die.

How to counter qstaffs:
      1. USE UR DEFENSIVE POT CORRECTLY:
      Don't use cleric robe and later the resist bro, u will get purge, stunned and oneshoted, USE UR RESIST.

2. What abilities u had to use
      Depending on the Qstaff build (Specter/knigth armor) (Silence helmet/Knight helmet).
      You will had to change to Boop (cowl), sacred pulse (W1), anti push W of healers (w3),
      Change to frost shield, stone skin, and common run is the basic easy way to counter, AND YEAH DON'T USE KNIGH BOOTS TO CLUMP BRO.

Q3 Frost its easy to kite with common run.
      Oneshot dagger its hard to counter if the healer trolls or the dagger/dps doesn't iframe, etc.
      The trick against 1handed dagger (if u play dagger or frost) try to iframe the W from the qstaff (don't use purge cause u will fail like ouzadu purgin boots and then getting stun on u anyway).
      Playing mage robe+boop its a nice counter to 1handed dagger+SOB
      Playing frost shield+skinstone/boop its a nice counter against frost+SOB
      ALWAYS PLAY COMMON RUN, AND ALWAYS USE UR RESIST EARLY.

3. The "outplay helmet"
      If the QS wear demon helmet its hard for the healer cause he need to cleanse the DPS, and cleanse himself.
      But IF YOU DON'T CLUMP WITH UR DPS u can PLAY CORRECTLY.
      QS only will W+Cape the dps most commonly, if ur DPS use resist its fine, he will be able to use W, or any defensive later unless QS goes for demon cape on DPS. (But thats bad)
      If the QS its smart will always demon helmet the healer, if the qs W+Demon H. the dps its a FREE cleanse and win.

Same against hellion hood, don't clump, don't use knight boots, u can heal fine with Q/E and DPS defensives are enough.

Knigh helmet can be purged, and then they can be pushed for example.

The meta is the healer don't lie to yourselfs guys! Try to play anything that isn't healer or oneshot and u will see. And i know who perfectly know this; Legal. Just check the HG builds, bunch of healer + DPS.
      The counter tho healer? Oneshot one. ONLY OPTION.
      Try and tell me a build that can fight against a 1 dps 1 healer without oneshot strat.
      -------------------------------------

EDIT:
      Don't mind guys, just ask to nerf SOB, we will play another anti healer comp that will annoy anyway; cause we think on builds to play.
      Any hammer can W sleep for 5s the healer, a gatherer helmet can do it too, a demon helm can annoy a healer so much too, etc.
      Just learn how to rotate correctly defensives. If you need proves u can "out-play" one shot builds check beast or ouzadu vods bro...
      Stun + DPS comp is toxic, it's not fun to play and it's not fun to fight, the problem is not to endure their crap combo the problem is to have to endure 4-5 combos until the map closes and you can reach it them, and I don’t even want to mention the avalon quarterstaff that is totally bugged sometimes it hits you E and you’re just deleted, you can’t use E which should cleanser rooting, you can’t use any skills and you don’t even take potion practically disconnected from the game and when it is not avalon quarterstaff it is that staff of balance that cuts 85% of your Heal / Shields and does brutal damage, Resistance Potion, Knight's Boot, Ice Chest, Guardian Helmet, Holy Blessing, Q It is a cure and it was not possible to tank a staff of balance with a spectral coat with any DPS shit on the side and the combo is so braindead that even a mentally ill could do it and if you are bad enough to miss the combo you just leave running and reset the fight for 30 minutes, until the map closes you will have already done about 15 rotations.
    • LagartixaBombada wrote:

Stun + DPS comp is toxic, it's not fun to play and it's not fun to fight, the problem is not to endure their crap combo the problem is to have to endure 4-5 combos until the map closes and you can reach it them, and I don’t even want to mention the avalon quarterstaff that is totally bugged sometimes it hits you E and you’re just deleted, you can’t use E which should cleanser rooting, you can’t use any skills and you don’t even take potion practically disconnected from the game and when it is not avalon quarterstaff it is that staff of balance that cuts 85% of your Heal / Shields and does brutal damage, Resistance Potion, Knight's Boot, Ice Chest, Guardian Helmet, Holy Blessing, Q It is a cure and it was not possible to tank a staff of balance with a spectral coat with any DPS shit on the side and the combo is so braindead that even a mentally ill could do it and if you are bad enough to miss the combo you just leave running and reset the fight for 30 minutes, until the map closes you will have already done about 15 rotations.
      Had u tried common run? Lmao.

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

But they can be taken by others and spawn several zones away.
      No! U can open your maps on 2nd market of Caerleon (South of Bank of Caerleon). And will spawn 1 map at max

The post was edited 1 time, last by HIDKstr ().

• 2s are shit since rise of avalon release(where they removed swaps and all the fame & silver that hellgates gave back then).
      people were just playing this trash content 'cause they were waiting for the new hellgates.
      now that 2v2 players saw that 2s are shittier than ever, they are just dropping out of the content and playing CorruptedDungeons, the most rewarding and braindead content that has ever came to Albion Online.
      the golden age of 2s has ended, and it's surely to not comeback, if 2s was ur main content and u dont like playing CorruptedDungeons/HCE, u should just drop out of the game as i did, 'cause HELLGATES are not gonna be that good as it was back then(before rise of avalon release).

The post was edited 1 time, last by pinto ().