Why Gank and Red zone PvP content is dead for ree flagged players?

• Why Gank and Red zone PvP content is dead for ree flagged players?

I've been playing the game for a long time, without a break, from the release until today.
      I have mainly been dealing with PvP content in black locations and throughout this time, I have noticed a certain trend : PvP content is systematically complicated and killed. An example of this is -
      - buff after dismounting,
      - vessels with invisibility on portal locations
      - nerf important ganges mounts
      After all this, I did not give up and went to deal with the content in the red locations. It was interesting to run away from the Zerg blue players, but it was good that they were not everywhere. I couldn't kill them, because the reputation system didn't allow me to beat more than 20 players in a day, and if my reputation was too low, I had to go do PvE.
      After the new update, the number of players on the map tripled, but the amount of reputation remained at the same level. And now I'm running from 4 zergs of different colors at the same time.
      And now I come to the main question. When will there be an update in which to kill a player, you will need to ask him for permission?
      I am WAITING for an answer and suggestions.
    • They should really remove the ganking system altogether and find another way for items to smash/break (this will keep economy as it is). Because the only reason pvp is in this game, is to recycle the items and economy, if stuff don't break there will be thousands of them and prices will plummet. So SBI just needs to find a nice way to destroy gear without involving ganking or pvp or at least small scale (zvz and gvg and maybe some hellgate modes can be made to break gear).

Or at least make ganking (everywhere) as a knockdown and a chance to drop some gear (that player is wearing or carrying but no materials). So this way the ganker might receive something (higher chance the more value of the items the player-victim is carrying) and the poor guy on the floor will not loose everything just a portion of their belongings. Sure this will make everyone and their mothers go to blackzones and start farming T8 mats, buuuuuut many more victims for the gankers to knockdown and get gear, also the knockdown might teleport the victim to nearest portal and this way they loose too much time from gathering (so they might have to fight, and thus you have some pvp action).

Full loot is outdated and a poor design nowadays to accommodate for faulty economy.
    • McDobs wrote:

They should really remove the ganking system altogether and find another way for items to smash/break (this will keep economy as it is).

Full loot is outdated and a poor design nowadays to accommodate for faulty economy.
      Thats actualy a good idea that can be easily implemented in harmony with the current faction wars focus. All it takes would be to introduce a new kind of faction missions where a faction master requires players to deliver raw or refined materials or crafted stuff to some distant npc. Lets say lymhurst orders 1000 one handed spears of certain IP and above; every lym player who wants to donate some spears would have to go to the faction master to box em and then bring that box somewhere in the suburbs of lets say martlock. On success the reward would be not silver but good faction points. If ganked, the ganker would get a percentage of the box content.
      That would:
      - make a formidable loot and silver sink
      - boost up the market prices even for non-meta items
      - and boost up the pvp rewards as more battle ready players would transport more stuff around

In oposite the outdated "red vs blue" ganking system that we have right now can finaly be completly removed. The blue players could live their blue lives without any disturance and the gankers could faction flag and gank to their hearts content.
    • McDobs wrote:

They should really remove the ganking system altogether and find another way for items to smash/break (this will keep economy as it is). Because the only reason pvp is in this game, is to recycle the items and economy, if stuff don't break there will be thousands of them and prices will plummet. So SBI just needs to find a nice way to destroy gear without involving ganking or pvp or at least small scale (zvz and gvg and maybe some hellgate modes can be made to break gear).

Or at least make ganking (everywhere) as a knockdown and a chance to drop some gear (that player is wearing or carrying but no materials). So this way the ganker might receive something (higher chance the more value of the items the player-victim is carrying) and the poor guy on the floor will not loose everything just a portion of their belongings. Sure this will make everyone and their mothers go to blackzones and start farming T8 mats, buuuuuut many more victims for the gankers to knockdown and get gear, also the knockdown might teleport the victim to nearest portal and this way they loose too much time from gathering (so they might have to fight, and thus you have some pvp action).

Holy hell you're playing the wrong game...full loot is not out dated...you're playing the wrong game. What's sad though is SBI will continue to cater to you all in the hopes of bringing in more players and they will end up losing the a lot of the veterans and those new players will quit out of boredom since PVE is a joke in this game and then everyone loses.

A large part of what makes this game any good is the thrill of the risk involved other games do not have that.

This was supposed to be a game for people like me who wanted a niche full loot pvp game.
      Go play WoW. This game will end up being PVE only game soon enough with all the whiners. I can see it now...you'll go do a 2v2 hell gate and instead of killing each other you'll just race to see who can kill the final boss first to get the loot. Patch by patch they're killing open world PVP.

The post was edited 4 times, last by ViLEuo ().

• ViLEuo wrote:

McDobs wrote:

They should really remove the ganking system altogether and find another way for items to smash/break (this will keep economy as it is). Because the only reason pvp is in this game, is to recycle the items and economy, if stuff don't break there will be thousands of them and prices will plummet. So SBI just needs to find a nice way to destroy gear without involving ganking or pvp or at least small scale (zvz and gvg and maybe some hellgate modes can be made to break gear).

Holy hell you're playing the wrong game...full loot is not out dated...you're playing the wrong game. What's sad though is SBI will continue to cater to you all in the hopes of bringing in more players and they will end up losing the a lot of the veterans and those new players will quit out of boredom since PVE is a joke in this game and then everyone loses.
      A large part of what makes this game any good is the thrill of the risk involved other games do not have that.

This was supposed to be a game for people like me who wanted a niche full loot pvp game.
      Go play WoW. This game will end up being PVE only game soon enough with all the whiners. I can see it now...you'll go do a 2v2 hell gate and instead of killing each other you'll just race to see who can kill the final boss first to get the loot. Patch by patch they're killing open world PVP.
      Sorry to break it to you but numbers support my claims albiononline.com/en/news/population-update-spring-2021 the increase in players sure it can be somewhat be increased by the pandemic, however it seems that the more no-death mechanics they add, the numbers increase. Which brings us to the question who is ultimately playing the wrong game? Or rather do you know what game this is becoming?

What does full loot do to you that knockdown doesn't? The thrill is still there, you can win/lose, is it the economic part? what if someone told you that while you knockdown players you would receive a percentage of their belongings liquefied as silver based on average market price? And they (to address the economy part) would have a chance to have one of their equipment break or destroyed (but no inventory loot is lost)

That being said they need to address the economy aspect and soon.