Bow Tree balance and Rework suggestions

• Combat Balance
    • j0ei wrote:

MEATCUP wrote:

Would you please go into more detail explaining your perspective that bow “becomes a vegetable” when E is not available, compared to other popular rdps classes?
      In the larger scale of things
      Wailing bow for example - good synergy with explosive arrows + your E - if played right and shot with a good angle you will deal a decent amount of damage past the clump
      Circumstance: You have just spent your W + E synergy, you have only your Q available at your expense during your downtime and not even your Q is going to be of any help due to its current state.

Mistpiercers (very popular in ZvZ, claimed to be the "Top 3" main damage at ZvZ even though that's not really where it currently stands after its recent nerfs

• Brimstone [highest base damage that is unreflectable] is Top 1
      • Bridled Fury[ damage comparable with the brimstone, but this is the new galatines except much stronger due to 75% resillience penetration and can execute large clumps in seconds] is Top 2
      • Energy shaper takes top 3 [reflectable but uninterriptible and the damage is absolutely massive with the downside of not stacking the same as blazing staff] and so on.

Circumstance: Scholar Robe + your Lucent hawk combo deals a great deal of damage (also susceptible to demon armors and can easily get you killed unless you got an active enigmatic beamer) And your W being either Ray of Light or Frost shot (mostly frost shot is popular because you need a defensive/escape due to having scholar robe for your E synergy) and then you have your Q which is very underwhelming.

The pattern here is that you have nothing to contribute to your zerg outside of your main dps ability "E" whereas
      • the Frost tree has the frost nova for an interrupt enemy channel / cast that both not only provides you mobility but also a form of peel for your zerg if used correctly. Permafrost and Icicles are a very popular ZvZ choice (the icicle staff can stall flanks if played correctly, while the permafrost's ice crystal / big pine-apple ability, when casted over a camlann clump before it closes, has that damage and stun that prevents the enemies from using their knight helmets which is always amazing for an opener) Not to mention, the Ice shard Q is one of the strongest skill-shot spam abilities in the game, you definitely have very strong pressure with Ice shard if you have good prediction, the hoarfrost Q is on its way towards that if they are to push their buffs in reducing its cast time despite it already dealing a great amount of damage as a targetted AoE ability.
      • the Fire tree has the "Wall of flames" or firewall that is one of the best peel abilities for a dps weapon tree in the game (if you combine this with an offensive locus your enemy is hard stuck on a choke where they cannot push through because their knight helmets will be purged by the locus and your firewall blocking the path for a good amount of time) - 2 strong men being able to cuck a whole zerg is a huge feat. And your Firebolt - easily spammable, really great single target pressure while your AoE Burning field - does a great deal of Damage over time and wields great value when used on chokes.
      • the Curse tree - damnation staff is your tenderizer W alone is a great pierce, and E for the giant AoE shred that can make even the beefiest tanks, soft as a marshmallow. (huge impact in large scale fights btw) the Q vile curse, also now has AoE escalation therefore having much more pressure over-time when you stack it over clumps if it does not get cleansed
      • the Crossbow tree - for siegebow or shapers, you have your Autofire and Sundershot - where these two combined, have very strong single-target pressure that's very important for countering backline bruisers and not to mention - you can always switch your W for the noise eraser for that silence (a skilled noise-eraser shot can literally cuck another DPS' ultimate ability) The Explosive bolts also have a high base damage with literally 0 standtime, so you can poke with this a great deal without sacrificing or rooting you into position.
      Like really, why would you have a mistpiercer when you can have any of these other DPS classes? Which brings us back to my thread and why I am making these suggestions to further improve its impact to be able to better compete with its fellow ranged trees. The Lucent Hawk range is already nerfed, explosive arrows no longer work with your Lucent Hawk, and outside of your E you are but a vegetable. And also, a silence can cuck your entire burst rotation.
      Ok so here goes.

Do not mention frost unless you have played it for several years.

The nova has had a massive nerf.
      The frost range is pathetic compared to other weapons it is actually ridiculous the range crossbow has especially for a lack of skill required weapon although most weapons get rize because mods play Hce or the money being spent talks worlds.
      Perma can interrupt although compared to badon it doesn't have a constant interrupt.
      The ice shard is good if you have low ping only sub 200, so without a stun it is not that great also if you put the frosts Ice shard vs normal bow normal bow melts pretty much everything in game.
      So pressure cannot be maintained at distance as it should as a ranged caster.
      The whole frost line was about slows this has reduced over time as the Zerging has made this too strong as they would have to code for not multiple slows ect now the beam is the old frost bomb although you must channel and you must be close.
      I am not being biased as I have only played frost and holy for over 5 yrs and most of those years were very active.
      Infact no1 has played frost as much as myself.
      The hoarfrost is good for dungeon and mobs alone it is ridiculously slow and yes it is a guaranteed hit although compare this with others and it is very bad also there is no slow there should be a slow ability on all frost spells.
      Bow's most of the line/tree are in a good spot apart from one in one my mind however the lack of skill required to do massive long ranged damage with interrupts and be able to stand and spam are ridiculous atm and yes I know your not talking about normal bows although if you were then you would be put by the wayside.
      So when you talk of frost you talk of a group build with short range very limited slow potential other than pineapple and single hand for gank.
      Otherwise the frost line is not great compared to bow.
      It would seem the trend is too make the game mobile based as the lack of skill needed for the game is trending to builds that single click.

This has obviously been supported by the war gods that have slaves follow them around.
      I could be tilted as I find normal bow to be a bad joke does a mod have wood they need to sell?
      As a normal weapon one should not need a purge.
      Your tree is stronger than frosts!
      G.G.
    • ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

Ok so here goes.

The frost range is pathetic compared to other weapons it is actually ridiculous the range crossbow has especially for a lack of skill required weapon although most weapons get rize because mods play Hce or the money being spent talks worlds.
      Perma can interrupt although compared to badon it doesn't have a constant interrupt.
      The ice shard is good if you have low ping only sub 200, so without a stun it is not that great also if you put the frosts Ice shard vs normal bow normal bow melts pretty much everything in game.
      The whole frost line was about slows this has reduced over time as the Zerging has made this too strong as they would have to code for not multiple slows ect now the beam is the old frost bomb although you must channel and you must be close.
      I am not being biased as I have only played frost and holy for over 5 yrs and most of those years were very active.
      The hoarfrost is good for dungeon and mobs alone it is ridiculously slow and yes it is a guaranteed hit although compare this with others and it is very bad also there is no slow there should be a slow ability on all frost spells.
      Bow's most of the line/tree are in a good spot apart from one in one my mind however the lack of skill required to do massive long ranged damage with interrupts and be able to stand and spam are ridiculous atm and yes I know your not talking about normal bows although if you were then you would be put by the wayside.
      So when you talk of frost you talk of a group build with short range very limited slow potential other than pineapple and single hand for gank.
      It would seem the trend is too make the game mobile based as the lack of skill needed for the game is trending to builds that single click.

This has obviously been supported by the war gods that have slaves follow them around.
      I could be tilted as I find normal bow to be a bad joke does a mod have wood they need to sell?
      G.G.
      The frost nova effect still hits even after the caster has left his spot a few seconds after the ability trigger = not as intended by the developers hence, this is why they nerfed it.

It's recent, therefore you CANNOT tell ANYONE to NOT mention anything about a specific tree unless they have played the game for "SEVERAL" years.

• You're very mistaken if you think comparing an "AOE" oriented weapon's dps to a single-target oriented weapon dps would make your points valid

Permafrost is an AoE oriented Artifact weapon, while the normal bow is a SINGLE-TARGET oriented normal / non-artifact weapon. The difference between two weapons is so massive you simply cannot use ice-shard as a dps comparison to normal bow's auto attacks at max stacks because normal bow cannot hit multiple targets while auto attacking. Meanwhile, Ice-shard with morgana cape / scholar robe can Q spam the living hell out of anything and with AOE.

• It does not matter to me if you played Frost for 5 years since the game constantly changes its meta and gameplay varies every new meta patch. People will always find new weapons to abuse until they nerf them to the ground
      • Galatines used to kill a FULL zerg in 1 full-stacked E
      • Wailing bows had infinite escalation due to the explosive arrow calculations (there was no limit on the amount of targets affected) causing server performance issues and 1-shot problems
      • Damnation bombsquads used to also destroy entire zergs until they nerfed
      • Halberd clappers were a thing
      • There's a shit ton of other weapons in the game that has been broken and adjusted every patch so experience with said weapons don't matter, it's how the players ADAPT is what makes them thrive in this game

Pre-Queen is different vs Post-Queen and what you have today in Call to Arms

I have engaged in over tens of thousands of PvP fights, not just solo, but smallscale AND largescale. Your 5 years of playtime mean NOTHING to me. I have played MMORPGs for over 10 years both actively AND religiously, and unfortunately for you I have FPS eSports experience + currently STILL at my PRIME, so I know what adjustments I have to make individually, in order to min-max my performance on ANY type of game. I know class limits and weaknesses, this is a 6-button game with simple back and forth rock paper scissor exchange of basic cooldowns that doesn't take a braincell to know if a certain engagement is winnable or not.

I play this game at the WORST ping possible 250+ (not including the actual server lags) and for what most players can agree on that is "unplayable" have been made "playable" by thy own hands.

We high ping players can see the game at its absolute worst and still make something work out of it. So whenever we see these "frost" players Q-spam at 30 ping and "still" miss their Qs as they cry about "meta" or "nerfs" we just giggle in silence because they truly don't know how much skill it takes to play a game with such high ping and still manage to win fights.
    • UNFM wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Reduce range from 18m > 16m
      and u are free frag vs any crossbow user.less range = less kiting potential.
      stop killing bows.. they are in shit place anyway..
      If you give them less downtime and more uptime then you are not free frag, besides, Multishot can easily fuck any Autofire channel up = absolute counter lmfao
      • The Deadly shot at 16m range is STILL longer range than Crossbow's explosive bolts, so goodluck free-fragging that buddy.

RANGE isn't all that defines "KITING" potential, it's the toolkit of the weapon that allows the player to KEEP their distance, in synergy with armor abilities that can further help that playstyle.

I would rather have a 2 second Deadlyshot at 16meters for more overall damage than a longer range but slower rotation Q = this becomes a very active poke ability, albeit the damage is lower because of the extended range

• The more proactive the classes are, the more fluid they will be by design. Which means longer CD classes tend to have more clunky gameplay than lower cooldown ones.
      • Being able to use more abilities within a smaller time-frame allows for more reactive counterplays
    • j0ei wrote:

RANGE isn't all that defines "KITING" potential, it's the toolkit of the weapon that allows the player to KEEP their distance, in synergy with armor abilities that can further help that playstyle.
      every less range force me to came closer and closer to target = less kiting potential, frost shot nerfd 300x now you want kill deadeye range, whats next ?
      just stop..

if you want change something in bows it should be stand time. to force bows to use more autoattack, after that you can take spells for rework.. cuz for now stand time, kills kiting.
    • UNFM wrote:

every less range force me to came closer and closer to target = less kiting potential, frost shot nerfd 300x now you want kill deadeye range, whats next ?just stop..

if you want change something in bows it should be stand time. to force bows to use more autoattack, after that you can take spells for rework.. cuz for now stand time, kills kiting.
      If you believe auto attacks to be a solution to a problem then you need to rethink your balancing opinions on the matter.

Auto attacks are NEVER going to be good for ALL types of content, it only serves a purpose for solo-type of content.

16 meters is not by any means "close" to the target. less range for more uptime is a good trade-off period.

Xbows have lesser range but more damage and practically NO mobility. You cannot go for highest range and damage + mobility, that's gonna be unbalanced.
    • j0ei wrote:

More uptime will allow the player to play MORE offensively instead of purely "defensive" and keep-away.
      can u kite offensively ? non sense
      still disagree, bows need 50% less dmg with auto attacks and less stand time, after this you can take spells for rework.

have u even do math with that 16m 2second or you want it without math ? cuz u can with full cdr make like 1,2sec cd with 2 sec base cd. it will be Q,Q,Q,Q,Q,Q,Q like machine gun :)
      in my opinion bows should be mostly auto attacks with extra dmg/debuffs from spells and skilled kiting :)
    • UNFM wrote:

j0ei wrote:

More uptime will allow the player to play MORE offensively instead of purely "defensive" and keep-away.
      can u kite offensively ? non sensestill disagree, bows need 50% less dmg with auto attacks and less stand time, after this you can take spells for rework.

have u even do math with that 16m 2second or you want it without math ? cuz u can with full cdr make like 1,2sec cd with 2 sec base cd. it will be Q,Q,Q,Q,Q,Q,Q like machine gun :)
      in my opinion bows should be mostly auto attacks with extra dmg/debuffs from spells and skilled kiting :)
      I've done this full well even with 1hand curse to test and the lower the base cooldown the less the cdr even if you have it at 30% Cooldown reduction with omelette and mistcaller. It's not 1.2s it's at around 1.4s+

Did the curse get Q Q Q like a machine gun? NOPE, because there's also a global cooldown, therefore you are incorrect about your references and I recommend revisiting the basic mechanics about cooldowns and abilities in Albion Online :)

Also, wtf is "kiting offensively" ? Is this a new term for you? Because when I mean "play offensively" the bow players will focus on keeping his target within his Q range while moving towards them as they try to run away, and then move backwards and keep the distance as they try to come closer.

If you can't even understand this then your opinion regarding how bows should be mostly "auto attacks" is extremely detrimental to the health of the weapon tree. Every weapon tree should have a toolkit that functions standalone and works for every type of content that it's designed for. Auto attacking in group fights does not make it beneficial specially in largescale battles.

Balancing opinions surrounding "solo pvp" specifically shouldn't be taken seriously because that's not the endgame, that's just one type of content in the game.

I am advocating a rework for this weapon tree's basic Q ability to allow better fluidity with more uptime and less downtime, pro-active and skill-based gameplay.
    • j0ei wrote:

UNFM wrote:

j0ei wrote:

can u kite offensively ? non sensestill disagree, bows need 50% less dmg with auto attacks and less stand time, after this you can take spells for rework.
      I've done this full well even with 1hand curse to test and the lower the base cooldown the less the cdr even if you have it at 30% Cooldown reduction with omelette and mistcaller. It's not 1.2s it's at around 1.4s+
      Did the curse get Q Q Q like a machine gun? NOPE, because there's also a global cooldown, therefore you are incorrect about your references and I recommend revisiting the basic mechanics about cooldowns and abilities in Albion Online :)

Also, wtf is "kiting offensively" ? Is this a new term for you? Because when I mean "play offensively" the bow players will focus on keeping his target within his Q range while moving towards them as they try to run away, and then move backwards and keep the distance as they try to come closer.

If you can't even understand this then your opinion regarding how bows should be mostly "auto attacks" is extremely detrimental to the health of the weapon tree. Every weapon tree should have a toolkit that functions standalone and works for every type of content that it's designed for. Auto attacking in group fights does not make it beneficial specially in largescale battles.

Balancing opinions surrounding "solo pvp" specifically shouldn't be taken seriously because that's not the endgame, that's just one type of content in the game.

I am advocating a rework for this weapon tree's basic Q ability to allow better fluidity with more uptime and less downtime, pro-active and skill-based gameplay.
      its 0.68 omlet + passive from armor and boots, so lets keep it at 1.3sec cd
      Yes, bow should be mostly auto attack with buff/debuffs from spells + E pure dmg, for now you cant use auto attack during kiting cuz stand time kill you :)
      looks like you dont know what is global cooldown :)
      I think we can end here our conversation, 0 math only what you think.. overall dumb idea, and overpowered in solo (corupted) and useless in zvz/smallscale :)
    • UNFM wrote:

its 0.68 omlet + passive from armor and boots, so lets keep it at 1.3sec cdYes, bow should be mostly auto attack with buff/debuffs from spells + E pure dmg, for now you cant use auto attack during kiting cuz stand time kill you :)
      looks like you dont know what is global cooldown :)
      I think we can end here our conversation, 0 math only what you think.. overall dumb idea, and overpowered in solo (corupted) and useless in zvz/smallscale :)
      Would be nice if BOWS are 1handed weapons when they aren't right? so how is your "math" deducting that it's 1.3s when that only applies to 1handed weapons with mistcaller and full CDR + passive on armor?

But yeah you're right, we should end our conversation here. There's no point arguing with a player who would use full CDR on bow builds instead of going for what's more efficient just to argue for a "machine-gun" concept lmfao
    • j0ei wrote:

ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

Ok so here goes.

G.G.
      The frost nova effect still hits even after the caster has left his spot a few seconds after the ability trigger = not as intended by the developers hence, this is why they nerfed it.
      It's recent, therefore you CANNOT tell ANYONE to NOT mention anything about a specific tree unless they have played the game for "SEVERAL" years.

• You're very mistaken if you think comparing an "AOE" oriented weapon's dps to a single-target oriented weapon dps would make your points valid

Permafrost is an AoE oriented Artifact weapon, while the normal bow is a SINGLE-TARGET oriented normal / non-artifact weapon. The difference between two weapons is so massive you simply cannot use ice-shard as a dps comparison to normal bow's auto attacks at max stacks because normal bow cannot hit multiple targets while auto attacking. Meanwhile, Ice-shard with morgana cape / scholar robe can Q spam the living hell out of anything and with AOE.

• It does not matter to me if you played Frost for 5 years since the game constantly changes its meta and gameplay varies every new meta patch. People will always find new weapons to abuse until they nerf them to the ground
      • Galatines used to kill a FULL zerg in 1 full-stacked E
      • Wailing bows had infinite escalation due to the explosive arrow calculations (there was no limit on the amount of targets affected) causing server performance issues and 1-shot problems
      • Damnation bombsquads used to also destroy entire zergs until they nerfed
      • Halberd clappers were a thing
      • There's a shit ton of other weapons in the game that has been broken and adjusted every patch so experience with said weapons don't matter, it's how the players ADAPT is what makes them thrive in this game

Pre-Queen is different vs Post-Queen and what you have today in Call to Arms

I have engaged in over tens of thousands of PvP fights, not just solo, but smallscale AND largescale. Your 5 years of playtime mean NOTHING to me. I have played MMORPGs for over 10 years both actively AND religiously, and unfortunately for you I have FPS eSports experience + currently STILL at my PRIME, so I know what adjustments I have to make individually, in order to min-max my performance on ANY type of game. I know class limits and weaknesses, this is a 6-button game with simple back and forth rock paper scissor exchange of basic cooldowns that doesn't take a braincell to know if a certain engagement is winnable or not.

I play this game at the WORST ping possible 250+ (not including the actual server lags) and for what most players can agree on that is "unplayable" have been made "playable" by thy own hands.

We high ping players can see the game at its absolute worst and still make something work out of it. So whenever we see these "frost" players Q-spam at 30 ping and "still" miss their Qs as they cry about "meta" or "nerfs" we just giggle in silence because they truly don't know how much skill it takes to play a game with such high ping and still manage to win fights.
      Joe,

You are talking to the person that has played the most frost in game.
      since beta 1 no other weapon.
      The ability to purge from other weapons makes most spamming redundant.
      The counters are quite Ez to nulify frost as AOE there is almost bar the single hand no ability to 1v1.
      The hoarfrost just got a bump.
      You state things from what I feel is a smaller pool to draw from my experience of frost is as stated second to none.
      I do not care for your meta is is for people to stay distracted and reinvest time into other traits.
      Again I will state the most frost experience in game atm.
      I have played games since pong, i am older and more experienced in game and out.
      Either your use of caps which means you are trying to make a statement from yelling well joe it is clear from your avatar you feel you are better I also see you need to undermine to feel that you have more worth.
      I skim your words as they are meaningless with little substance.
      I have played before and I will play after you dont mention ping you clearly have little understanding if u think 250+ is large my ping is larger much much larger.

Purge negates frost unlike most builds.

Maybe re calibrate who you intend to belittle.

Those that know me know of my contributions if your Thor I am Odin.

G.G
    • ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

Joe,
      The counters are quite Ez to nulify frost as AOE there is almost bar the single hand no ability to 1v1.
      You state things from what I feel is a smaller pool to draw from my experience of frost is as stated second to none.
      I do not care for your meta is is for people to stay distracted and reinvest time into other traits.
      I have played games since pong, i am older and more experienced in game and out.
      Either your use of caps which means you are trying to make a statement from yelling well joe it is clear from your avatar you feel you are better I also see you need to undermine to feel that you have more worth.
      I have played before and I will play after you dont mention ping you clearly have little understanding if u think 250+ is large my ping is larger much much larger.

G.G
      Congratulations, you no-lifed Albion since beta. However this does not make any of your previous points valid as the meta changes and the game has gone and changed vastly from how you first started playing it.

I literally watched Lewpac's stream about a week ago and watched this OG Albion player miss his Wailing bow Es 2x in a row as he attempts to go for kills with about 0 total kills with the 8.3 weapon for that ZvZ fight session.

I assumed that this player, having vast knowledge and game experience on Albion for a very long time, with his in-game video guides and "skill", would atleast be able to make any weapon he picks up, to be appropriately or efficiently played, but I was proven wrong with regards to how old players can be so good in-game specially if they are proud of their playtime and experience throughout the game.

P.S if my GIF has captured your attention enough to make you reference it, then know that Odin is already gone, only Thor and Loki are left.

The generation of old will be replaced by the new, whoever adapts better will always stand on top.

The post was edited 1 time, last by j0ei ().

• j0ei wrote:

ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

Joe,

G.G
      Congratulations, you no-lifed Albion since beta. However this does not make any of your previous points valid as the meta changes and the game has gone and changed vastly from how you first started playing it.
      I literally watched Lewpac's stream about a week ago and watched this OG Albion player miss his Wailing bow Es 2x in a row as he attempts to go for kills with about 0 total kills with the 8.3 weapon for that ZvZ fight session.

I assumed that this player, having vast knowledge and game experience on Albion for a very long time, with his in-game video guides and "skill", would atleast be able to make any weapon he picks up, to be appropriately or efficiently played, but I was proven wrong with regards to how old players can be so good in-game specially if they are proud of their playtime and experience throughout the game.

P.S if my GIF has captured your attention enough to make you reference it, then know that Odin is already gone, only Thor and Loki are left.

The generation of old will be replaced by the new, whoever adapts better will always stand on top.
      Well Thor,

Odin never dies now that we have cleared up @ best your a little version of myself.

Also to assume makes an ass of u and me.

There is little skill with streamers and other's lewpac is terrible at the game although good for nubs like you and other's franksanatra runs that guild.

Bow has always been strong wailing is pretty shit although if you compare it too frost the bow line in way stronger.

Meta changes for little bois like you.

To make you feel as though you know the game.

The game is controlled by older players that can't play the game.

Your gif like you are how so say look at me look at me LMFAO.

Sad day.

G.G.
    • ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

Well Thor,
      Odin never dies now that we have cleared up @ best your a little version of myself.

Also to assume makes an ass of u and me.

There is little skill with streamers and other's lewpac is terrible at the game although good for nubs like you and other's franksanatra runs that guild.

Bow has always been strong wailing is pretty shit although if you compare it too frost the bow line in way stronger.

Meta changes for little bois like you.

To make you feel as though you know the game.

The game is controlled by older players that can't play the game.

Your gif like you are how so say look at me look at me LMFAO.

Sad day.

G.G.
      Thank you for your unwanted unconstructive useless feedback. Have a good day boomer!

P.S Wailing bows aren't shit, since you've been pretty inactive at ZvZs, you wouldn't know how good it is in the current meta.

The post was edited 1 time, last by j0ei ().

• UNFM wrote:

j0ei wrote:

so the curse with the Q of 2 is a machine gun but we don't want the bow to have that power...not to mention the over power E that curse weapons have....
      Or dagger with the oneshot combot while i am spamming for 30 sec to kill someone while the other one can burst me in 4 sec....logic...
      Anyways a good example of game that have a good balance on the game with 6 spells is battlerite royal .
      If you had the skill you cloud 2v1 or notIt was pure skill shot game
      And every needs to be skillshot
    • Kinggeo7 wrote:

so the curse with the Q of 2 is a machine gun but we don't want the bow to have that power...not to mention the over power E that curse weapons have....Or dagger with the oneshot combot while i am spamming for 30 sec to kill someone while the other one can burst me in 4 sec....logic...
      Anyways a good example of game that have a good balance on the game with 6 spells is battlerite royal .
      If you had the skill you cloud 2v1 or notIt was pure skill shot game
      And every needs to be skillshot
      We get your reference, however, battlerite is not a gear-based game. You are locked to a specific hero with specific abilities whereas in Albion - you have a large variety of gear combinations that can define whether you can win or lose a fight.

The approach to combat is very different as it is much more punishing in albion than it is in Battlerite where you just respawn and you don't lose gear that has value.