In the larger scale of thingsWould you please go into more detail explaining your perspective that bow “becomes a vegetable” when E is not available, compared to other popular rdps classes?
Wailing bow for example - good synergy with explosive arrows + your E - if played right and shot with a good angle you will deal a decent amount of damage past the clump
Circumstance: You have just spent your W + E synergy, you have only your Q available at your expense during your downtime and not even your Q is going to be of any help due to its current state.
Mistpiercers (very popular in ZvZ, claimed to be the "Top 3" main damage at ZvZ even though that's not really where it currently stands after its recent nerfs
- Brimstone [highest base damage that is unreflectable] is Top 1
- Bridled Fury[ damage comparable with the brimstone, but this is the new galatines except much stronger due to 75% resillience penetration and can execute large clumps in seconds] is Top 2
- Energy shaper takes top 3 [reflectable but uninterriptible and the damage is absolutely massive with the downside of not stacking the same as blazing staff] and so on.
Circumstance: Scholar Robe + your Lucent hawk combo deals a great deal of damage (also susceptible to demon armors and can easily get you killed unless you got an active enigmatic beamer) And your W being either Ray of Light or Frost shot (mostly frost shot is popular because you need a defensive/escape due to having scholar robe for your E synergy) and then you have your Q which is very underwhelming.
The pattern here is that you have nothing to contribute to your zerg outside of your main dps ability "E" whereas
Like really, why would you have a mistpiercer when you can have any of these other DPS classes? Which brings us back to my thread and why I am making these suggestions to further improve its impact to be able to better compete with its fellow ranged trees. The Lucent Hawk range is already nerfed, explosive arrows no longer work with your Lucent Hawk, and outside of your E you are but a vegetable. And also, a silence can cuck your entire burst rotation.
- the Frost tree has the frost nova for an interrupt enemy channel / cast that both not only provides you mobility but also a form of peel for your zerg if used correctly. Permafrost and Icicles are a very popular ZvZ choice (the icicle staff can stall flanks if played correctly, while the permafrost's ice crystal / big pine-apple ability, when casted over a camlann clump before it closes, has that damage and stun that prevents the enemies from using their knight helmets which is always amazing for an opener) Not to mention, the Ice shard Q is one of the strongest skill-shot spam abilities in the game, you definitely have very strong pressure with Ice shard if you have good prediction, the hoarfrost Q is on its way towards that if they are to push their buffs in reducing its cast time despite it already dealing a great amount of damage as a targetted AoE ability.
- the Fire tree has the "Wall of flames" or firewall that is one of the best peel abilities for a dps weapon tree in the game (if you combine this with an offensive locus your enemy is hard stuck on a choke where they cannot push through because their knight helmets will be purged by the locus and your firewall blocking the path for a good amount of time) - 2 strong men being able to cuck a whole zerg is a huge feat. And your Firebolt - easily spammable, really great single target pressure while your AoE Burning field - does a great deal of Damage over time and wields great value when used on chokes.
- the Curse tree - damnation staff is your tenderizer W alone is a great pierce, and E for the giant AoE shred that can make even the beefiest tanks, soft as a marshmallow. (huge impact in large scale fights btw) the Q vile curse, also now has AoE escalation therefore having much more pressure over-time when you stack it over clumps if it does not get cleansed
- the Crossbow tree - for siegebow or shapers, you have your Autofire and Sundershot - where these two combined, have very strong single-target pressure that's very important for countering backline bruisers and not to mention - you can always switch your W for the noise eraser for that silence (a skilled noise-eraser shot can literally cuck another DPS' ultimate ability) The Explosive bolts also have a high base damage with literally 0 standtime, so you can poke with this a great deal without sacrificing or rooting you into position.
Do not mention frost unless you have played it for several years.
The nova has had a massive nerf.
The frost range is pathetic compared to other weapons it is actually ridiculous the range crossbow has especially for a lack of skill required weapon although most weapons get rize because mods play Hce or the money being spent talks worlds.
Perma can interrupt although compared to badon it doesn't have a constant interrupt.
The ice shard is good if you have low ping only sub 200, so without a stun it is not that great also if you put the frosts Ice shard vs normal bow normal bow melts pretty much everything in game.
So pressure cannot be maintained at distance as it should as a ranged caster.
The whole frost line was about slows this has reduced over time as the Zerging has made this too strong as they would have to code for not multiple slows ect now the beam is the old frost bomb although you must channel and you must be close.
I am not being biased as I have only played frost and holy for over 5 yrs and most of those years were very active.
Infact no1 has played frost as much as myself.
The hoarfrost is good for dungeon and mobs alone it is ridiculously slow and yes it is a guaranteed hit although compare this with others and it is very bad also there is no slow there should be a slow ability on all frost spells.
Bow's most of the line/tree are in a good spot apart from one in one my mind however the lack of skill required to do massive long ranged damage with interrupts and be able to stand and spam are ridiculous atm and yes I know your not talking about normal bows although if you were then you would be put by the wayside.
So when you talk of frost you talk of a group build with short range very limited slow potential other than pineapple and single hand for gank.
Otherwise the frost line is not great compared to bow.
It would seem the trend is too make the game mobile based as the lack of skill needed for the game is trending to builds that single click.
This has obviously been supported by the war gods that have slaves follow them around.
I could be tilted as I find normal bow to be a bad joke does a mod have wood they need to sell?
As a normal weapon one should not need a purge.
Your tree is stronger than frosts!