Bow Tree balance and Rework suggestions

• Combat Balance
    • I agree they are not the same game...but the share the same spell cap.
      Anyway Albion is a game of mathematics.
      If you want a balance the weapons need to have the Damage .
      Everyone Speaks about Bow tree Mobility or the kite.
      When Most Of the weapons have Single Hand Weapons...Like Crossbows....Which the share the same Logic with the bow
      you need 2 hands to reload .
      Frost Weapons Have a W spell that blinks Every 20sec But they are one hand And they can Place a Off hand of Hornet to get A -17% cooldown Reduction IN every spell
      Curses Have a Q that have 4 stacks of 220 dmg Every 2 Sec which means in 8 secs have the full Damage and 4 Q damage of 50 dmg each ,while Bow have a Q of 3 stacks dps is 180 and it need 9 secs to full damage per Q the damage is 42 if someone can win the trade with number i will say he i the best Gamer i ever saw.
      So that why we go on the Deadly shot and we try to have same distance
      But you can't kill from that long because they will run reset and fight again until you make a mistake and overpush because you are bored or break crystals.
      I know Why adding Casting Time On Bows ,because it cloud evade Claw E so easily. OK i am with these But after that adding The blink of the frost Without Casting Time it make me Think that they don't know how to balance things.
      The Game With 6 spells need to have A limit to the Mobility spells each weapon have. Albion Online Is around Mobility.
      See the mate From the BETA . HALBERT when was Still Spear it Had 3 MS spell it became meta.
      QS now 2 MS SPELLS and one E LEAP it became Meta.
      ALL these Because albion is rewarding more the players have mobility from those that have the Damage.
      You can always run and save your gear.
      That why it need A cap on Mobility Spells,and Of course also Hornet Should not give a reduction on the cooldown because again it make a weapon to have more mobility of that you Have with a Two Hand Tree while all other glasses Have at least one hand option.

LONG POST I KNOW
    • Kinggeo7 wrote:

I agree they are not the same game...but the share the same spell cap.
      When Most Of the weapons have Single Hand Weapons...Like Crossbows....Which the share the same Logic with the bow
      Frost Weapons Have a W spell that blinks Every 20sec But they are one hand And they can Place a Off hand of Hornet to get A -17% cooldown Reduction IN every spell
      Curses Have a Q that have 4 stacks of 220 dmg Every 2 Sec which means in 8 secs have the full Damage and 4 Q damage of 50 dmg each ,while Bow have a Q of 3 stacks dps is 180 and it need 9 secs to full damage per Q the damage is 42 if someone can win the trade with number i will say he i the best Gamer i ever saw.
      But you can't kill from that long because they will run reset and fight again until you make a mistake and overpush because you are bored or break crystals.
      I know Why adding Casting Time On Bows ,because it cloud evade Claw E so easily. OK i am with these But after that adding The blink of the frost Without Casting Time it make me Think that they don't know how to balance things.
      The Game With 6 spells need to have A limit to the Mobility spells each weapon have. Albion Online Is around Mobility.
      See the mate From the BETA . HALBERT when was Still Spear it Had 3 MS spell it became meta.
      ALL these Because albion is rewarding more the players have mobility from those that have the Damage.
      That why it need A cap on Mobility Spells,and Of course also Hornet Should not give a reduction on the cooldown because again it make a weapon to have more mobility of that you Have with a Two Hand Tree while all other glasses Have at least one hand option.

LONG POST I KNOW
      Thank you for your rationale, however, I will be quite frank with you: My thoughts on balancing the weapon tree does NOT revolve around "1v1s" or "Corrupted Dungeons"

• Please do not use 1v1 as a rationale to JUSTIFY why a weapon SHOULD or SHOULD NOT get a NERF or a BUFF

The examples I stated are the toolkit of how each CLASS can function or contribute in ANY type of CONTENT.

I couldn't give a single damn about your 1v1 meta, I want the classes to be FUN for ALL types of content, not just 1v1 and then it's shit for other types of content.

• They already nerfed axe adrenaline boost into solely being an offensive ability when it worked for ganking / smallscale / largescale fights. Now you gotta auto attack someone in order to stick to them instead of being able to freely move around...

You can't use the logic of "most weapons have a single-hand" dude, in what world have you seen a BOW wielded single-hand? You literally need 2 hands to shoot

1Handed crossbow exists, you need 2 hands to reload but you only need 1 arm to hold it and 1 finger to pull the trigger? Your logic fails there.

I'm pushing for uptime with the deadly shot because it doesn't have the "highest" damage for a Q in the game. It has the MOST range, but since it takes a bit of time in order to land it for 3 stacks - the solution can be found with how quickly you can put stacks on targets to make them more vulnerable due to pierce.

• My suggestion works for 1v1s, 2v2s, 5v5s, 10v10s, 20v20s and largescale fights and any type of bow weapon
      • Bows can kite with simply Q and frost shot W if they play defensively, they just need to keep that distance between them and the target
    • j0ei wrote:

Kinggeo7 wrote:

I agree they are not the same game...but the share the same spell cap.

LONG POST I KNOW
      Thank you for your rationale, however, I will be quite frank with you: My thoughts on balancing the weapon tree does NOT revolve around "1v1s" or "Corrupted Dungeons"
      • Please do not use 1v1 as a rationale to JUSTIFY why a weapon SHOULD or SHOULD NOT get a NERF or a BUFF

The examples I stated are the toolkit of how each CLASS can function or contribute in ANY type of CONTENT.

I couldn't give a single damn about your 1v1 meta, I want the classes to be FUN for ALL types of content, not just 1v1 and then it's shit for other types of content.

• They already nerfed axe adrenaline boost into solely being an offensive ability when it worked for ganking / smallscale / largescale fights. Now you gotta auto attack someone in order to stick to them instead of being able to freely move around...

You can't use the logic of "most weapons have a single-hand" dude, in what world have you seen a BOW wielded single-hand? You literally need 2 hands to shoot

1Handed crossbow exists, you need 2 hands to reload but you only need 1 arm to hold it and 1 finger to pull the trigger? Your logic fails there.

I'm pushing for uptime with the deadly shot because it doesn't have the "highest" damage for a Q in the game. It has the MOST range, but since it takes a bit of time in order to land it for 3 stacks - the solution can be found with how quickly you can put stacks on targets to make them more vulnerable due to pierce.

• My suggestion works for 1v1s, 2v2s, 5v5s, 10v10s, 20v20s and largescale fights and any type of bow weapon
      • Bows can kite with simply Q and frost shot W if they play defensively, they just need to keep that distance between them and the target

The game is mainly PvP. So of course everything is about 1v1 5v5 and 20v20 100vs100
      BUT WHEN A WEAPON IS MAINLY FOR 1v1 LIKE WARBOW, WHISPER BOW i am expecting to Be good at 1v1 !
      So of course i will test these weapons in 1v1 situations.
      Thats why Every Weapon tree Got ZvZ Weapons And 1v1 weapons
      Thats why i put the numbers for the 1v1 to explain why they need a change
    • Kinggeo7 wrote:

The game is mainly PvP. So of course everything is about 1v1 5v5 and 20v20 100vs100BUT WHEN A WEAPON IS MAINLY FOR 1v1 LIKE WARBOW, WHISPER BOW i am expecting to Be good at 1v1 !
      Then the changes you must suggest changes regarding the specific "weapon" in the tree for 1v1, not the entire weapon tree like per say, multishot (all bows)
    • j0ei wrote:

Kinggeo7 wrote:

The game is mainly PvP. So of course everything is about 1v1 5v5 and 20v20 100vs100BUT WHEN A WEAPON IS MAINLY FOR 1v1 LIKE WARBOW, WHISPER BOW i am expecting to Be good at 1v1 !
      Then the changes you must suggest changes regarding the specific "weapon" in the tree for 1v1, not the entire weapon tree like per say, multishot (all bows)
      well if all of your sub spell are weak that mean the whole tree is weak? if lets say my Q does 300 dmg and crossbow Q does 400,it mean it will be also better at 5v5
      and in a game where the view is limited the range isn't the first thing, the only view that i can use my full range is If i am at the bottom on my screen and the enemy is above i can see him and use my full range spells but in any other case i can't.If you want the Sub spells weak for a tree you have to provide Strong E .At the moment warbow and whispering the both have weak E and the whole tree got weak sub Spells.
    • Kinggeo7 wrote:

well if all of your sub spell are weak that mean the whole tree is weak? if lets say my Q does 300 dmg and crossbow Q does 400,it mean it will be also better at 5v5and in a game where the view is limited the range isn't the first thing, the only view that i can use my full range is If i am at the bottom on my screen and the enemy is above i can see him and use my full range spells but in any other case i can't.If you want the Sub spells weak for a tree you have to provide Strong E .At the moment warbow and whispering the both have weak E and the whole tree got weak sub Spells.
      Yes so that is exactly why I am pushing towards sub spells to be much better or stronger so that the class outside its E, is not weak. That's the point of my whole post. You are arguing for its benefits towards 1v1 but I am making this post to improve the class as a whole.
    • @Kinggeo7 - It's not that I'm saying that your suggestions are wrong by all means no. I am only trying to show you that it would be better if our suggestions / feedback focused on the impact of the class as a whole so that regardless of 1v1,2v2,5v5,10v10 - smallscale - or Largescale... the class would have its own defined strengths and weaknesses but can easily compete with other weapon trees.
    • I'll tell you what happens and will always happen.

They nerf they meta so get used to it it doesn't require intelligence it just to keep kids occupied.

Don't pretend to find something that exists when it doesn't.

Every class should have a 1v1 build in that line or things won't be balanced.

Wake up to yourself Bow is broken asf it is a NORMAL weapon.

You have no idea if you think it is not.

Btw I have done more open world that you ever will @Joey

Your just another breeze that blows through Albion.

G.G.
    • ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

I'll tell you what happens and will always happen.

They nerf they meta so get used to it it doesn't require intelligence it just to keep kids occupied.

G.G.
      Are you referring to the normal bow? Because this thread is about the bow tree and not the normal bow.

Hope you find yourself in the correct forum channels to post whatever it is you're crying about.

Easy purge, forceful swing easy life.

Have fun in your solo open world adventures because no one cares. And until you show your stats, you have no proof that you have done more open world lmfao.

You're just another meta-slave, another sheep that would rather allow himself to be boxed in by numbers.
    • j0ei wrote:

ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

I'll tell you what happens and will always happen.

G.G.
      Are you referring to the normal bow? Because this thread is about the bow tree and not the normal bow.
      Hope you find yourself in the correct forum channels to post whatever it is you're crying about.

Easy purge, forceful swing easy life.

Have fun in your solo open world adventures because no one cares. And until you show your stats, you have no proof that you have done more open world lmfao.

You're just another meta-slave, another sheep that would rather allow himself to be boxed in by numbers.
      I am referring to the normal bow that is in the bow line so I am in the correct forum although this is just another cry out from a bow user.

There are plenty of peeps that care.

Your taunts are like most little bois.

As I said I have been here before you and I will be here after you.

I have done more than you ever will in game.

Enjoy your game little man, while it lasts.

G.G.
    • ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

I am referring to the normal bow that is in the bow line so I am in the correct forum although this is just another cry out from a bow user.
      There are plenty of peeps that care.

Your taunts are like most little bois.

As I said I have been here before you and I will be here after you.

I have done more than you ever will in game.

Enjoy your game little man, while it lasts.

G.G.
      You are in the incorrect forum to cry about the normal bow. This topic as I will repeat, is about the bow tree in general, not the normal bow.

You can be here before me and after me, nobody asked and quite frankly, nobody cares if you no-life albion.

May god bless you with mercy upon your soul, because we won't.