Cleric Robes vs CC

• Combat Balance
    • Cleric Robes vs CC

So we had a discussion wheter cleric robes provided CC immunity or not, some said yes and gave examples, some said no and gave examples, so we went and tested and it's quite funny how it work.

If your Cleric Robes procs, you're immune to damage, however you can be stunned, silenced, etc.

If your Cleric Robes procs AND you're using a channeled ability (boltcasters, revitalize, fire artilery, etc) you're actually immune to CC and cannot be interrupted.

I don't think it's as much of a bug but unintended, and whatever route this goes, would be nice to have it clear on tooltip which just says immune to damage as of now.

The Fleet's Guild Master
      Roads of Avalon Guild

discord.gg/8WqzHdm
    • Vocandin wrote:

So we had a discussion wheter cleric robes provided CC immunity or not, some said yes and gave examples, some said no and gave examples, so we went and tested and it's quite funny how it work.

If your Cleric Robes procs, you're immune to damage, however you can be stunned, silenced, etc.

If your Cleric Robes procs AND you're using a channeled ability (boltcasters, revitalize, fire artilery, etc) you're actually immune to CC and cannot be interrupted.

I don't think it's as much of a bug but unintended, and whatever route this goes, would be nice to have it clear on tooltip which just says immune to damage as of now.

i mean you should look at the french tooltips, in french, the cultist robes says the old spells aka, your are immune to physical damage. (currently it just buffs of 50% your physical and magical resistances)

You'll notice there is multiple tooltips that are inaccurate, outdated or badly translated depending on the language you are playing in.
    • Vocandin wrote:

Onslawht wrote:

The cleric robe is doing exactly as it says, You are immune to damage. Using a spell that is uninterruptable regardless of your chest piece will allow some CC immunity.
      All spells I mentioned are not uninterruptable by nature, thats the whole point.
      You're missing my point. You dont need the cleric robe in addition to these weapons to be CC immune. I use Blight Staff E with judi armor and i am still immune to CC during my channel.
    • Onslawht wrote:

Vocandin wrote:

Onslawht wrote:

The cleric robe is doing exactly as it says, You are immune to damage. Using a spell that is uninterruptable regardless of your chest piece will allow some CC immunity.
      All spells I mentioned are not uninterruptable by nature, thats the whole point.
      You're missing my point. You dont need the cleric robe in addition to these weapons to be CC immune. I use Blight Staff E with judi armor and i am still immune to CC during my channel.
      You're missing his point. He is claiming that INTERRUPTABLE channeled abilities get UNINTERRUPTABLE when Everlasting Spirit is active
    • Gabumon wrote:

Onslawht wrote:

Vocandin wrote:

Onslawht wrote:

You're missing his point. He is claiming that INTERRUPTABLE channeled abilities get UNINTERRUPTABLE when Everlasting Spirit is active
      OH! I see now. I'll have to test this and see. He has a point though. If you are immune to CC aside from stuns, it should definitely say it.
    • Gabumon wrote:

Onslawht wrote:

Vocandin wrote:

Onslawht wrote:

Thanks for actually reading.
      The Fleet's Guild Master
      Roads of Avalon Guild

discord.gg/8WqzHdm
    • Let's take quarter staff 2nd W that does damage and stuns.

Guess at the moment the system considers it as a single, atomic spell that do damage AND stuns.

Because it is used as atomic, any of them going to work only if both will work.

Since everlasting gives immunity to damage, the system is like: "alright, here is the 2nd W of quarterstaff, I stun the target and do damage... wait, I can't do damage, revoke the whole function"
    • Malkalma wrote:

Let's take quarter staff 2nd W that does damage and stuns.

Guess at the moment the system considers it as a single, atomic spell that do damage AND stuns.

Because it is used as atomic, any of them going to work only if both will work.

Since everlasting gives immunity to damage, the system is like: "alright, here is the 2nd W of quarterstaff, I stun the target and do damage... wait, I can't do damage, revoke the whole function"
      That's fine ,except it isn't just damage + cc spells. Demon Helm does no damage and also does not proc if you're channeling.
      The Fleet's Guild Master
      Roads of Avalon Guild

discord.gg/8WqzHdm