Spin for the win!

    • Rainphase wrote:

      There really needs to be more people involved in making decisions on buff and nerfs on weapons. Playing the game for 1 hour or less a day is not enough as a mod or gm or company director. You need input from a large % of the population and people who are skilled at using and finding niche things that people don't normally think about.

      The albion round table is "excuse my french" a complete joke and the criteria to get on the round table is also ridiculous. You can successfully be a GM of a guild that makes it to crystal and Craft 100% of your time. You can Abused CD with the latest lame meta abusers and get Rank 1 in infamy and have no clue how to play any other weapon in the game.

      There are so many people who play this game that are actually skilled and can provide constructive feedback and play devil's advocate on changes and ping back and forth to figure out what can be abused and what is affected in all aspects of the game.

      Not to mention there is or more "was" TONS of people willing to help with this for free. Sadly a lot of us have quit or are quitting because of a multitude of reasons.

      Something needs to be done and quickly because a spiral of nerfs especially what is affecting the game and its content drastically is just dumb. There used to be a balance of gankers / gatherers / zvz content. Now its just rolling zergs everywhere all the time. You can't play this game solo, duo, or small group content unless you have a team of 7 that are Kitted and geared properly and trained to take on 20 man zergs.. But lets face it once the deaths start rolling more zergs come and you will just die anyway.

      Unless of course the direction of the game is to become non full loot pvp or 100% consensual pvp, because its on that path rapidly.

      @SHARKY Here's your constructive feedback, might want to do something with it.

      Some buffs and nerfs are justified like hallowfall, tombhammer, valor,purity and some others while some arnt. it is pretty easy to guess why some changes are there but there is always that funny change which catch us of guard

      also your quote unquote

      Something needs to be done and quickly because a spiral of nerfs especially what is affecting the game and its content drastically is just dumb. There used to be a balance of gankers / gatherers / zvz content. Now its just rolling zergs everywhere all the time. You can't play this game solo, duo, or small group content unless you have a team of 7 that are Kitted and geared properly and trained to take on 20 man zergs.. But lets face it once the deaths start rolling more zergs come and you will just die anyway.

      This is a team game for the most part of the open world where its numbers vs numbers and always has been. solo,duo and small content have been regulated to specific content

      and the fact they are shifting the direction of the game to non full loot and 100% consensual pvp which is fair in both numbers and skill level at least on paper is both a good and bad change to the game

      of course red ganking in redzone and non consensual pvp have been fked over but i am happy with that change as it is considered a high risk high reward endevour. wait its not even high risk cause you only use t6 cheap gear to kill people who wont even fight back
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154632-Put-more-Static-Solo-Random-dungeons-in-roads-of-avalon/

      take a look in the thread above and give your likes and comment to make this a reality
    • Malkalma wrote:

      Do not like it. Less channeling time, less movement speed bonus with longer cooldown...
      It's true less channeling time which means less movement (unless the movement speed buff still lasts 5 seconds now it's 2.5 after stop spinning instead of .5).

      However besides cooldown it's same/more damage much faster.

      50->75 = 50% increase in damage
      4.5 -> 2.5 != 50% reduced channel time

      thus you will do more damage over 2.5 seconds then you did over 4.5 seconds. This seems like a massive buff, however i can see compliants how it won't line up perfectly with W anymore since use to have same cooldown etc. the speed buff lasing 5 seconds or not say it's 3 . does remove 2 seconds of speed burst however u can't be slowed or stopped. so really it's a catch 22 on how it can be used to escape now vs when this is live.
    • Varkuun wrote:

      More damage only to players. THIS change makes greataxe more of a pvp weapon instead of for pve clearing which it will now cost more energy and do less dmg to mobs. I am not a fan. I don't think anything is wrong with it to begin with
      Well, lets be honest: Is the best solo PvE weapon, so even if this is a "nerf", it still was absurdly good at what it did to begin with.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      Someky wrote:

      Not unless you're being ganked with a spear, retaliate, inferno shield. You'd just be committing suicide... And a much faster suicide than before now.
      It's a channel spell, the great axe can chose too stop the channel.
      If great axe fighting with fame farming gears, he would lose. With proper PvP gears, i can see them fuck a lot of thing up many time over with that new spin. Sth like: great axe, merc jacket, specter hood or demon helm, regular run, resist pot, Adrenaline Rush on the W.
      Yeah but imagine a 45s cooldown E (greataxe) being completely countered by a low cooldown W (forest of spears).

      Plus since it's been made a quicker channel, a lot of damage will be done to yourself via reflect if you don't cancel it in a split second.

      I like the change still tho
      You're most definitely pronouncing my nick wrong... wait till you see my real name tho.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Someky ().

    • Rainphase wrote:

      Im not quite sure it doesn't say immune to forced knockbacks but since its uninterruptable.. Maybe?? Or you get knocked back while still spinning?
      who knows, either way, F for axes - they are dead for ganking and CD due to adrenaline boost nerf.

      Now, adrenaline boost is complete trash and unusable.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • What in the hell.... So instead of fixing swords and moving to a more fluid less Standing still holding your wanker in your hand while you use Q1.... We are adding stand time to things.\


      We can take Bear paws and bloodletter off of the dismounting list, I honestly think we are moving towards a type of gameplay that.. you are road camping or massive group ganking.. Because following someone and trying to dismount them when they get tagged by mob is going to no longer be possible soon.

      Every week the game becomes a little more carebear.
    • Someky wrote:

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      It's a channel spell, the great axe can chose too stop the channel.If great axe fighting with fame farming gears, he would lose. With proper PvP gears, i can see them fuck a lot of thing up many time over with that new spin. Sth like: great axe, merc jacket, specter hood or demon helm, regular run, resist pot, Adrenaline Rush on the W.
      Yeah but imagine a 45s cooldown E (greataxe) being completely countered by a low cooldown W (forest of spears).
      Plus since it's been made a quicker channel, a lot of damage will be done to yourself via reflect if you don't cancel it in a split second.

      I like the change still tho
      It's 25 sec cd, not 45. And not everything has reflect. Any build with reflect fight axes really well, that's not specific to spear against great axes. It's kind of a soft counter.

      What axe can do is bring cleric robe or demon helm to spin against enemy with reflect.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • iRawn wrote:

      Malkalma wrote:

      Do not like it. Less channeling time, less movement speed bonus with longer cooldown...
      It's true less channeling time which means less movement (unless the movement speed buff still lasts 5 seconds now it's 2.5 after stop spinning instead of .5).
      However besides cooldown it's same/more damage much faster.

      50->75 = 50% increase in damage
      4.5 -> 2.5 != 50% reduced channel time

      thus you will do more damage over 2.5 seconds then you did over 4.5 seconds. This seems like a massive buff, however i can see compliants how it won't line up perfectly with W anymore since use to have same cooldown etc. the speed buff lasing 5 seconds or not say it's 3 . does remove 2 seconds of speed burst however u can't be slowed or stopped. so really it's a catch 22 on how it can be used to escape now vs when this is live.
      It actually is a reduction in damage. Current greataxe is 10 hits x 50 damage, this appears to be 6x75, so 500 vs 450. It's still close and it's a buff overall though.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      Someky wrote:

      SpicyPepper wrote:

      It's a channel spell, the great axe can chose too stop the channel.If great axe fighting with fame farming gears, he would lose. With proper PvP gears, i can see them fuck a lot of thing up many time over with that new spin. Sth like: great axe, merc jacket, specter hood or demon helm, regular run, resist pot, Adrenaline Rush on the W.
      Yeah but imagine a 45s cooldown E (greataxe) being completely countered by a low cooldown W (forest of spears).Plus since it's been made a quicker channel, a lot of damage will be done to yourself via reflect if you don't cancel it in a split second.

      I like the change still tho
      It's 25 sec cd, not 45. And not everything has reflect. Any build with reflect fight axes really well, that's not specific to spear against great axes. It's kind of a soft counter.
      What axe can do is bring cleric robe or demon helm to spin against enemy with reflect.
      Ah my bad... havent played in quite a while so i can't remember cds. i missed it by that far? lol brain worms
      You're most definitely pronouncing my nick wrong... wait till you see my real name tho.