Dagger pair

• HIDKstr wrote:

Clasics wrote:

Ok so i encounter a dagger pair user every 3 corrupted, and YouTube suddenly Is filled with new dagger pair vids, but since you are telling me Is not a thing i should what? Belive you and thats it?
      2. You sound like the only players you fight against are bots, who rush and throw every single skill they got at you as soon as they see you, guess you've never heard of kiting, baiting, fake engages, etc. Do you actually play or just focus on theroycrafting and going over different tactics with strangers on forums? Since you know how to counter every single thing perfectly you must be the king of albion pvp...

And about the meta list. Showing me there are more weapons available, tells me this Is an mmorpg but in no way invalidates the original point beeing that dagger pair Is busted. It's like replying someone who complains about xbows by telling him "yo, you can play regular bows to" ...
      Its A THING BUT ITS NOT A META CHANGE OR SOMETHING. ITS ONLY OP IN 2S.U CAN
      1. AVOID W.
      2. USE RESIS
      3. USE DEFENSIVE; EX:
      - Cleric robe
      - Frost shield
      - Inferno shield
      - G. Helmet
      - Soldier Helmet
      - If u are a dagger, same W, so u match W's.
      - If u are a frost use W to iframe/cancel/avoid.
      - If u are a healer in 1v1 don't cry if they can at max got u to 10% HP.
      - 1Handed Mace can E the W.
      - If YOU ARE PLATE then doesn't give u a fk that dagger and u will counter easy.
      - Use assasin jacket
      - Purge the stacks
      - Wait to reset STACKS and then enter.

NOW.
      If u had something like that.

IF U SEE A FUCKING NAME TAG, AND THAT NAME TAG DISSAPEAR SINCE VERY VISUAL TO 0. ITS A FUCKING ASSASSIN JACKET BRO! WAIT 8 SECONDS! THEN HE WILL HAD 1 DEFESIVE LESS AND MOST PROBABLY HE WILL RESET HIS Q CHARGES. THEN PRESS UR F BUTTON AND KILL HIM; AND ROTATE UR DEFENSIVES. EEZ.
      You still talk like the fight Is scripted or you are fighting against a bot. But anyway i'll play your game. Lets imaginé the dagger pair user has 2 active braincells working at the same Time.

1. You avoid my w, i just back up and kite for cd. If you are close enough i run towards you land my E and run away.

2. Great idea Lets use a 90 seconds cd ítem to counter a 15s cd skill, that must work perfectly.. the first Time.. then what? You insta kill him? Are you an xbow player??

3. Cleric robe doesn't actívate by my w so i can still land the combo even if you actívate it, i don't need basic attacks so ill just run away after landing my E.

. Frost Nova (W) if he actually lands His W you can't use frost Nova while rooted so he Will hit you anyway... Do you really know your game?

. Frost shield Is trash and has a 40s cd, fire shield might reflect some decente damage, but shares the same problem as resist pots, LONGER COOLDOWNS.

. The same thing happens with g. Helmet, cleric cowl, soldier helmet and so on, you are missing the point by a long shot here, it has a stupid 15s cooldown!!!! You might avoid it the first or second Time, but you won't avoid it forever, unless you run a one shot weapon with heavy dps, or a ton of cc you probably Will run out of defensive skills before you can catch and kill him, and one single mistake you do, or one second you run out of defensives you are out, dead.

. Purge, if you run mage robe, you won't purge him, you need fiend cowl, but that means one less defensive, plus if the dagger uses assassin jacket you won't purge a thing, and btw, have you seen the cd on those ítems?

So now you have a weapon that can leave you in 1/4 of hp with an instant skill, once every 15 seconds, and because there are a bunch of skills with 40 to 70 second cooldowns to counter it, you call it balanced. One mistake and you are on the ground, but if they make a mistake they can run and kite away, yet you insist that because you script every fight AND outcome you can call it balanced AND everyone who doesn't fulfill that script Is what? Unskilled? Noob? Do you actually play albion?

About that last thing you wrote about the assassin jacket, do you know there are people playing with cleric robe and assassin hood? So they can land the second E after 5 seconds, whats your script against them? Also you say "wait for 8 seconds, one less defensive, ezz" do the bots you play against stay and brawl when you don't fall for their baits? Because the ones i fight against just run away and kite when i don't.

It's so hilarious you talk like you got every outcome covered yet you say stupid things like "wait for charges to go down and go in" like if every dagger pair player just stands there to recieve damage when things don't go their way, or "use your F and rotate defensives, ezz" in your script the dagger Man wasted all of his defensives plus his sprint. Also in your script things like res, g. Helmet, s. Helmet and so on have 10s cooldowns, or their effect lasts for hours, for someone who speaks so up about himself you really sound like a complete noob who only fights unskilled people.

You must tell me how can i play against those bots, king of scripted fights, i want to feel as pro as you.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Clasics ().

• Acoustic wrote:

Hattenhair wrote:

Most used W with dagger pair is Shadow edge, which is considered a full I-Frame for some reason, so purge is out of the question.Cleanse still requires you to followup with an I-Frame, which is baitable, so why bother using 2 skills to counter just 1.
      As a side note doesn't the easy reactability of your weapon encourage the usage of baiting which increases combat depth?
      I have a related thread here, feel free to drop by: On the shift to predictive/rotational combat, over reactive.
      According to my personal experience, the sweetspot between "Too slow" and "Too fast" seems to be 0.4s - 0.45s.
      Dagger pair is the weapon I wanted to use when I first started Albion years ago. I wanted it so badly to be a good weapon, but it's been unusable in any sort of content besides light ganking which Crossbow did a thousand times better. You would never, in under any circumstance, pick Dagger Pair for anything over the basic Crossbow. The cast time was too long and it was constantly interrupted, most often by Sacred Pulse in 2v2s. If 0.1 cast time suddenly made it overpowered, that says a lot about how much 0.1 seconds mattered. The weapon suddenly became harder to counter in every situation, and thus it's viability went up. Can it still be countered? Of course; but not nearly as easily which means it's more viable. You're angry you can't completely counter an entire build with one button press now (which you straight-up admit, even though their entire hotbar is revolving around landing one skill and that's apparently okay?) and might actually need to get better or come up with a new strategy?
      Dagger Pair doesn't just press E and instakill like a Crossbow. You have to have 3 stacks either on yourself or your opponent to deal that damage, you have to also deal with any kind of buff(s) you'd need to actually do enough damage for the weapon to be wroth using, on top of your positioning, the enemy's positioning, and any kind of abilities they might use to counter you. One of the easiest ways of beating Dagger Pair is just to watch for when they have 3 Stacks and expect them to E, to be predictive instead of being reactive. It isn't that hard.

It's all or nothing. It's a poor build in the grand scheme of things that is still 100% counterable, it's just more difficult to. So few players used Dagger Pair before now, with the most Notable being Stabber who gravitated away from it because it was so unviable some time ago and only used it for kicks. I doubt the weapon is even remotely close to top tier now, just actually useable in some situations. That's good. The weapon should be dangerous. It should be powerful. It shouldn't be, "the worse version of the crossbow". I still haven't even had the time to jump back in, but all this crying is making me really happy. It's been years, I wonder if they'll even be viable for GvGs now since they'll be harder to counter plus now add a small healing debuff that would stack with Forbidden Stab I assume to waste the healer's abilities. Hundreds of hours spent on this weapon trying to do anything with it, and it's finally worth something? Thank god.
      First of all: check the post above^
      Second of all: Did you even read my related thread?

Hattenhair wrote:

As of now reactive evasion is only reliable against long cast/airtime/hitdeday spells, while it is not for many other spells with the opposite characteristics. At the same time, doesnt the easy reactability of your spell encourages usage of baiting?
      Take for example, the 1h Fire staff E: You can bait skills like Parry, Dodge roll, Deflective spin, etc. by simply cancelling your E cast midway, and using the enemy's anticipation against them.
      You can also pressure your opponents into a crutch situation where they are forced to use a hard save before your easily reactable spell, which you can cast afterwards safely.

My main concern is that with lowering the reaction times required for dodging to such an extent will make those dodges be reliant exclusively on anticipation, which is exactly what is happening now.

As a result, why would I take Assassin shoes into a fight, when I am unsure whether I will be able to use them to their full extent, when I can just take Knight boots which gives me damage absorbtion regardless of the incoming attack or my timing, or makes the enemy to stop attacking me for a slight while.

While the issue of succesfully using defensives against every attack is a point for discussion, I'd say it is already solved balance-wise by simply making the defensive cooldowns longer. If you dodge everything abandoning battlefield awareness for nothing but pure reaction, soon you will be at a cooldown disadvantage relative to your opponent.
      TL;DR:
      Making cast-times shorter to a borderline unreactable state (especially on a weapon with the best solo burst dps in the game) reduces the viability of hard saves, while shifting the counterability heavily to only rely exclusively on anticipation.
      Reduces the level of encouragement to use baiting from the attackers side, while any use of it becomes uncounterable on the defendant's side.
      Removes the ability to mixup your defensive play against said weapon (You either anticipate it correctly, or you get hit)

Side note on the video:
      Perfect example for my thread: the dagger pair used anticipation of the pike player to trigger his defences, while swapping the target inttantly to the healer, and because of the new cast-time the healer had no time to appropriately react to it, despite having royal shoes at hand. (He anticipated it and turned on the fiend robe, yet something went wrong there).
    • Clasics wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Just play dagger pair for yourself before making statements.... There are better ooptions.
      I did, in fact i've never used daggers before, except some bloodletter matches in arena back when i just started albion, i've won my first 5 corrupteds back to back, won 3 2v2 hg with a healer, and only lost one fight against a bearpaw user because i overcomitted to get the kill...
      Using cleric robe, cowl and assassin shoes all i did Is kite until 3 charges, go in, use poison, W and E, then boots and run away

Whatsyour point?
      That is exactly what does a black hands, except black hands has way less counters, purge, dont depend on stacks and also has partial true damage + knock back. People cried about if for a lot of time and it was nerfed and it also isnt even top now.

Dagger pair is just "new". You will be useless against a smart opponent that can keep a distance and abuse your cooldowns or predict you into a reflect. Hunter hood is your best friend here and ANY defensive deal a huge impact on hellion shoes, since its telegraphed.
    • Clasics wrote:

Trashtrashtrashtrashblablablabla i don't knwo the game i don't use 40sc defensive cause they had 40secds or 90 secs
      Thats what u said. I can counter double daggers with W4 on broad. Why u can't in any build then?

YOU DON'T KNOW THE GAME BRO. Stop saying nosense things. Do you even know every match-up ur weapon had and how to play it? XD.
      Literally the deatgiver in common run would be harder than a doubledagger xD.
    • It might be a good idea to change the healing reduction or just straight up remove it for balancing in 2v2's and i would leave it at that. Dagger pair is a single target weapon that is meant for 1v1 and small scale and already with a ton of stuff you can counter it with.
      I know players like to complain about any weapon they lost to but its amusing that people are complaining it is doing what is supposed to do now, after being pretty much trash for 1-2 years. Having played it for all that time, it actually feels like a decent choice to play in 1v1's.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Clasics wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Just play dagger pair for yourself before making statements.... There are better ooptions.
      I did, in fact i've never used daggers before, except some bloodletter matches in arena back when i just started albion, i've won my first 5 corrupteds back to back, won 3 2v2 hg with a healer, and only lost one fight against a bearpaw user because i overcomitted to get the kill...Using cleric robe, cowl and assassin shoes all i did Is kite until 3 charges, go in, use poison, W and E, then boots and run away

Whatsyour point?
      That is exactly what does a black hands, except black hands has way less counters, purge, dont depend on stacks and also has partial true damage + knock back. People cried about if for a lot of time and it was nerfed and it also isnt even top now.
      Dagger pair is just "new". You will be useless against a smart opponent that can keep a distance and abuse your cooldowns or predict you into a reflect. Hunter hood is your best friend here and ANY defensive deal a huge impact on hellion shoes, since its telegraphed.
      No, black hands has it's damage divided into two strikes, and you can counter it if you use the right defensive after the first one, plus the cast is longer so it gives you a lot more time to react, or anticipate their move.
      Dagger pair is instant, lands all the dps in one hit, hits harder than blackhands and it has no tell-
    • TeenageDDirtbag wrote:

It might be a good idea to change the healing reduction or just straight up remove it for balancing in 2v2's and i would leave it at that. Dagger pair is a single target weapon that is meant for 1v1 and small scale and already with a ton of stuff you can counter it with.
      I know players like to complain about any weapon they lost to but its amusing that people are complaining it is doing what is supposed to do now, after being pretty much trash for 1-2 years. Having played it for all that time, it actually feels like a decent choice to play in 1v1's.
      Is not doing what it's supposed, is doing way more, it hits harder than a black hand, in one single strike, with the right build it can one shot, with no tells, istant cast, long range for a melee weapon, and it has freaking 15 seconds of cd, it's the strongest hitting weapon and it has the lowest cooldown across the board, the only weapon i can think of that has a strong damage E with lower cooldown is broadsword, but that weapon is not hitting like a damn truck.
    • Clasics wrote:

TeenageDDirtbag wrote:

It might be a good idea to change the healing reduction or just straight up remove it for balancing in 2v2's and i would leave it at that. Dagger pair is a single target weapon that is meant for 1v1 and small scale and already with a ton of stuff you can counter it with.
      Is not doing what it's supposed, is doing way more, it hits harder than a black hand, in one single strike, with the right build it can one shot, with no tells, istant cast, long range for a melee weapon, and it has freaking 15 seconds of cd, it's the strongest hitting weapon and it has the lowest cooldown across the board, the only weapon i can think of that has a strong damage E with lower cooldown is broadsword, but that weapon is not hitting like a damn truck.
      1) It is not instant it has 0.3 second cast time.
      2) It does not have a range, its a melee skill.
      3) It is a reflectable skill.
      4) You need 3 stacks for it to hit hard, which most of the time means going Q3 in 1v1s, which practically leaves you with no Q skill.
      4) If you don't want both your Q and E skills to go waste, or worse get reflected, you also need to use shadow edge which now sums to 3 skills to land the e.
      5) Blackhands have a) true damage b) stun c) purge d) knockback.

And for the love of god, use some defensives and learn to counter different builds. Everyone wants to run cloth with full offensives and expect to survive.
    • TeenageDDirtbag wrote:

Clasics wrote:

TeenageDDirtbag wrote:

1) It is not instant it has 0.3 second cast time.2) It does not have a range, its a melee skill.
      3) It is a reflectable skill.
      4) You need 3 stacks for it to hit hard, which most of the time means going Q3 in 1v1s, which practically leaves you with no Q skill.
      4) If you don't want both your Q and E skills to go waste, or worse get reflected, you also need to use shadow edge which now sums to 3 skills to land the e.
      5) Blackhands have a) true damage b) stun c) purge d) knockback.

And for the love of god, use some defensives and learn to counter different builds. Everyone wants to run cloth with full offensives and expect to survive.
      1. 0.3 is considered instant...
      2. It might be catalogued as melee yet they can hit for far away, if you deny it then i belive you don't play them or against them.
      3. That doesn't mean it's balanced, not every build out there runs with reflects...
      4. Having no Q actually creates a more toxic gamestyle, I lost count of the times i've seen dagger pair users just run away until reaching 3 charges, then coming in to try the combo and then running away again until charging up... Also it seems you don't know much of this game, there are builds that use Q1 or Q2 to charge by hitting, you don't have to necessarly use Q3
      5. Black hands have their damage split in 2 hits, meaning you can avoid the last hit and/or counter it, meanwhile dagger pair hits harder in one second with one hit, and that knockback is actually a disadvantage, because meanwhile you can run away from black hands thanks to that knockback, you can't from dagger pairs after they land their E.

As i told the last guy who went with that stupid "use your defensives" argument, dagger pair's E has 15S COOLDOWN!!!!! How many times i have to repeat it, you might avoid first trade, second, maybe third if you have the right tools, but they can come back and re try every 15 seconds, if thhey use assassin hood, 5 seconds, tell me how many defensives you got on your build? Who can avoid them forever? Anyway i'm sick of trying to explain dagger pair users why their shit is completely broken, so I'll drop it, enjoy that shit until it's get nerfed to the ground and remember you are not skilled for abusing a broken weapon, you are just a meta dog. Good bye.
    • j0ei wrote:

Jorans wrote:

Showing how daggers working,
      When you play cloth with literally a cc for defensive and then complain about taking a lot of damage LMAO. All these newcomers going up against a weapon that has been recently buffed to make it "playable" or viable now cry about it being op. GODBLESS
      You know what's the funniest thing about your dumb comment? He is using cloth, yes, but he used his defensive skill properly, a defensive skill designed to push melee users away, but since the range on that stupid weapon is bugged, and the damage is completely insane for a 15s CD skill, he took the dmg anyway and almost died... But ofc, "balanced"... this dumb people defending the most broken shit and then calling people who see it clearly noobs, my god...
    • Clasics wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Jorans wrote:

When you play cloth with literally a cc for defensive and then complain about taking a lot of damage LMAO. All these newcomers going up against a weapon that has been recently buffed to make it "playable" or viable now cry about it being op. GODBLESS
      You know what's the funniest thing about your dumb comment? He is using cloth, yes, but he used his defensive skill properly, a defensive skill designed to push melee users away, but since the range on that stupid weapon is bugged, and the damage is completely insane for a 15s CD skill, he took the dmg anyway and almost died... But ofc, "balanced"... this dumb people defending the most broken shit and then calling people who see it clearly noobs, my god...
      You must be a new player then, welcome to LAGBION online. You seem to have not experienced being auto-attacked by melee players from 10meters away due to lag / ping problems. Get used to it. Dagger pair E is "MELEE RANGE" it's not broken / bugged, the other guy is obviously lagging. I am saying this from a perspective of someone who experiences these problems in a daily basis for albion.
    • Before you call people out for stupid comments and shit, make sure you know you are 100% correct because you don't know what you're talking about.

Come back again when you've ACTUALLY played the game long enough, know how ping problems occur and what can cause these events to happen, and then have a BETTER understanding of these situations and circumstances, BEFORE you make uninformed opinions or useless comments.
    • Dagger pair is INSANELY broken right now.
      Not even on the old gate, with higher IP cap, overgeared people could Oneshot me so easily as now with dagger pair. Its unfair cause its the only weapon that can do that so easily, specially with the hard nerfs on healer, and beign a weapon that also give you heal reduction on E with so low CD.
      Just increase the CD a bit more and it will be fine.
      Notice that this is so ridiculous that have scared a lot of healers from HG x2, because sometimes you cant do ANYTHING if the purges are over.
    • j0ei wrote:

Clasics wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Jorans wrote:

You must be a new player then, welcome to LAGBION online. You seem to have not experienced being auto-attacked by melee players from 10meters away due to lag / ping problems. Get used to it. Dagger pair E is "MELEE RANGE" it's not broken / bugged, the other guy is obviously lagging. I am saying this from a perspective of someone who experiences these problems in a daily basis for albion.

j0ei wrote:

Before you call people out for stupid comments and shit, make sure you know you are 100% correct because you don't know what you're talking about.

Come back again when you've ACTUALLY played the game long enough, know how ping problems occur and what can cause these events to happen, and then have a BETTER understanding of these situations and circumstances, BEFORE you make uninformed opinions or useless comments.
      If you have a game with lag and ping problems, perhaps it's smarter to improve servers, not to leave around weapons who can actually take advantage of this ping/lag problems... If SBI won't do a freaking thing about the lagfiesta this game has become, then the least they could do is proper balancing of weapons so this shit doesn't happen anymore, until they fix the servers and improve performance..... don't you agree? Or do you actually prefer a game where people with low ping have a clear advantage over people with high ping, or where lag defines the outcome of a fight?
    • Clasics wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Clasics wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Jorans wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Before you call people out for stupid comments and shit, make sure you know you are 100% correct because you don't know what you're talking about.

If you have a game with lag and ping problems, perhaps it's smarter to improve servers, not to leave around weapons who can actually take advantage of this ping/lag problems... If SBI won't do a freaking thing about the lagfiesta this game has become, then the least they could do is proper balancing of weapons so this shit doesn't happen anymore, until they fix the servers and improve performance..... don't you agree? Or do you actually prefer a game where people with low ping have a clear advantage over people with high ping, or where lag defines the outcome of a fight?
      You have a point yes, but from the dagger pair user's perspective, the guy was beside him and within his "E" range so yeah, I dislike getting auto-attacked 20 meters away as well, it definitely sucks. I would advocate for better servers but, until they can manage to have another server that reaches throughout EU and Asian players then we will constantly have to deal with this BS you thought was a bug, but it's actually a daily problem experienced by a large amount of albion's playerbase (the ones that do not live in the U.S or don't have less than 150 ping) - 100-150 can be playable but it's kind of hard, imagine playing at 200+ ping bro even with exitlag.
    • j0ei wrote:

Clasics wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Clasics wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Jorans wrote:

j0ei wrote:

You have a point yes, but from the dagger pair user's perspective, the guy was beside him and within his "E" range so yeah, I dislike getting auto-attacked 20 meters away as well, it definitely sucks. I would advocate for better servers but, until they can manage to have another server that reaches throughout EU and Asian players then we will constantly have to deal with this BS you thought was a bug, but it's actually a daily problem experienced by a large amount of albion's playerbase (the ones that do not live in the U.S or don't have less than 150 ping) - 100-150 can be playable but it's kind of hard, imagine playing at 200+ ping bro even with exitlag.
      I play on 180 ping as constant, peaks of 200, but I honestly thought it was a weapon's bug and not a ping issue because of how little it affects the rest of my experience against other weapons, thinking as the dagger pair user's perspective is continues to make no sense because the other player had the fear activated and yet he could still land his E, it's like as if lag worked on his favor and doesn't make the whole thing reasonable, it's still unbalanced af, the least they could do is giving it a longer CD, think about it, what other weapon has the chance to hit that hard, on one skill, with 15s cd? Wearing leather shoes you can drop that to 12, and with full leather you can hit that hard once every 8 seconds, it's completely unreasonable.