Faction warfare PVP rewards.

• Faction Warfare
    • Reducing faction points for kills/ko across the board make no sense. As they just made it harder to be caerleon.

So a bandit event triggers. we now can't:
      - Really take outposts cause we start with them all.
      - amount of zergs that exist during this time without disarray make fights even 20vX extremely hard. So taking back a point after it's been taken is rough.
      - In the video you said don't worry due to increase activity you can setup ambushes. (expect with the size of the zergs vs the outposts are a joke and provide no real help) and now you just reduce amt of fame we can get from kills?

I really can't comprehend how you can release a new faction and then drop patches/hotfixes that act like they don't exist.

Caerleon faction should not have reduce values for kills/kos, and the outposts during the bandit event should be significantly harder and scale with size of zerg hitting it (only when caerleon controlled) and only when it was taking over by start of event. If caerleon takes one back during bandit event it should be a normal outpost.

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawn ().

• Durpmen wrote:

Revert the faction points for Kills/KOs back.

That is all.

I lied. Add rewards for defending and rename the "Defence bonus" to what it actually is; Participation bonus.

Hey there,

We made a change to kill points in Patch 1, which ensures that a larger amount of points are handed out in the weekly report and less points are awarded directly. This was done in response to players' feedback on the weekly reports they received. We will be increasing the amount of points received from kills directly again in next week's patch and make additional tweaks to the weekly report.

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

Mytherceria#3744
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Durpmen wrote:

That is all.

I lied. Add rewards for defending and rename the "Defence bonus" to what it actually is; Participation bonus.
      Hey there,

We made a change to kill points in Patch 1, which ensures that a larger amount of points are handed out in the weekly report and less points are awarded directly. This was done in response to players' feedback on the weekly reports they received. We will be increasing the amount of points received from kills directly again in next week's patch and make additional tweaks to the weekly report.

- Mytherceria & Dev Team
      The change was made to address peoples concerns about the weekly report by changing something else?

However.... if what you say is correct then why was it not stated in the notes? A simple "Direct points from kills/KOs has been lowered but the points from the weekly report for kills/KOs has been increased."
      Then we would know that the kills we get are still valuable but on a delayed basis. I'm still sceptical but proper explaining things in patch notes helps ALOT.

On that note... give us a full write up on faction points :)
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Durpmen wrote:

That is all.

Hey there,

- Mytherceria & Dev Team
      well how much points each kill/ko ratio are awarded in the weekly report? would be nice to have the data.
      Same goes for the value of each oupost/map conquered (I know the amount of players that participated in the cap will affect this too). Would be really nice to have the information on this since currently we have no clue except that "numbers/maths happens".

Thanks for being way more proactive with this patch than previous ones, goes a long way and awesome on the improved communications!
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Durpmen wrote:

That is all.

Hey there,

- Mytherceria & Dev Team
      To be honest and no disrespect. The cloud that covers how this faction update actually works in terms of what returns points and what doesn't in addition to the nerf to points being little to nothing really reduces my trust in SBI to give me a weekly report reward that would be fair for the time and effort put in. I cant find myself being enthusiastic for an entire week getting 1, maybe 2 points per kill/ko just to put my trust in this "weekly report".

We have absolutely no idea how this whole thing works. What are the stars, how do they work? Is there a 15 min point return based on the zones we own? Do we get more points for holding a zone for a longer amount of time? Is the "(points) For defending the lands" thing something that happens on a ticker? We are in the dark on this. Its not up to us to figure out how this mechanic works, its up to the devs to keep it balanced and be transparent. Its hard to balance things, but as a player, I have no idea what is going on.

Capture outposts. Kill enemy faction. That's all we know.
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Durpmen wrote:

That is all.

Hey there,

- Mytherceria & Dev Team
      Your hotfix undertuned points gained from pve MASSIVELY and pvp point gains seems underwhelming too. Are you going to look into this? We should get much more points for the time we put in.
    • Sadaleus wrote:

Your hotfix undertuned points gained from pve MASSIVELY and pvp point gains seems underwhelming too. Are you going to look into this? We should get much more points for the time we put in.
      The reason PVE points feel undertuned is because instead of fixing their mistake they just reverting to the pre-patch 1 desired effect. We're back to getting 100 fame = 1 faction point without adding the premium fame into that.

As for the PVP point gains, if what Myth said is true and the lower instant points will be made up in the weekly report then it should be okay. Annoying but okay.
    • faction warfare will die with this patch, especially for caerleon. it was such good content, and all you had to do was buff the pvp kill faction points and nerf the pve faction points, and give caerleon some more bonuses and it would have been perfect. All caerleon top10 faction standing is PvE farmers, that is just dumb that getting top faction standings was even remotely possible by hiding in a safe dungeon.
    • Wrote the script for your next dev talk" So how did we go about this? we nerfed everyting. We nerfed pve pts to the point where you get less pts in 7.1 red zone then a 5 random dng yellow zone. We nerfed faction trade routes by adding more zones. We added faction pts for kills, or should we say 1 pts per 1.6k fame for the kill. To make it more clear if a person has 8.3 gear excelent- mp and he gives 10M pvp fame, that would mean that for killing him you would get 6k pts. Now for a normal player 100k you would get 60. We added the useless chests, as the name suggest they are quite useless. We added weekly report, so you can get some random bonus pts for compensation. Around 10% tops."
    • chests so useless got less than 30k from gold chest.

Pve points are well balanced now. Only pve points I would buff are the ones around world bosses and in static group dungeons, wouldn't touch solo dungeon points or normal group dungeons.

Improve faction kill points, maybe boost whole zone captures a little too, 5 star zones giving less than 5k is a bit stupid.