Solo Gathering in Black is Nearly Impossible

• Unless it's been patched when I've been absent having a wide screen monitor gives you a slight advantage when spotting off screen targets as well as having the high ground.

What part of the outlands do you go to and at what times?

I tend to spend 4hrs gathering a day split into 3 sessions and have been doing so for a few years now. Since the introduction of faction capes I have had less than 10 deaths to gankers whilst gathering. Roughly 50m or so of my kill fame is as a gatherer killing other gathers and occasionally solo gankers.

Although chance plays a part to gathering in both finding good nodes and not meeting coordinated gank squads experience will get you through most of it.

At the end of the day there are plenty other aspects to the game that are worth trying out if gathering is causing you too much grief. Solo content/playstyle is not for everyone. I'd recommend finding a guild that can help you grow as a player.
    • Herdonn wrote:

Barry420 wrote:

Herdonn wrote:

make cash which is just impossible in red zones
      this is not true, u can make aton of money in red/black zones, its super easy if u have the right mindset!
      I guess I didn't make myself clear enough, bz allows you to make way more money that redzone. If you consider 1m/h good money then sure, redzone can be fine. If you really want it to be worth your time, the only option is blackzone
      yea because in the blackzone the risk of dying is higher than in red thats why u get more $$ in blackzones!

albion is all about risk vs reward, changing this wont happen ;)

edit:

people who dont like pvp have the option to stay in the blue/yellow zones and rp with the npcs lol :P

i did like the open pvp system of good old ultima online (pre trammel update) much more, were u could attack everyone everywhere, even in cities but the npc guards would protect players inside cities(or near the gates)! u just had to type /guards in chat and some city npc guards would show up and oneshot the thief/attacker..... god i miss the oldschool days of mmos were it was all about freedom and immersion

eve's online police system (concord) is also one of the best systems if we go for immersion
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      |+| Dan420 - Fisherman & Seaweed Addict |+|

The post was edited 6 times, last by Barry420 ().

• Barry420 wrote:

Herdonn wrote:

Barry420 wrote:

Herdonn wrote:

this is not true, u can make aton of money in red/black zones, its super easy if u have the right mindset!
      I guess I didn't make myself clear enough, bz allows you to make way more money that redzone. If you consider 1m/h good money then sure, redzone can be fine. If you really want it to be worth your time, the only option is blackzone
      yea because in the blackzone the risk of dying is higher than in red thats why u get more $$ in blackzones!
      albion is all about risk vs reward, changing this wont happen ;)

edit:

people who dont like pvp have the option to stay in the blue/yellow zones and rp with the npcs lol :P

i did like the open pvp system of good old ultima online (pre trammel update) much more, were u could attack everyone everywhere, even in cities but the npc guards would protect players inside cities(or near the gates)! u just had to type /guards in chat and some city npc guards would show up and oneshot the thief/attacker..... god i miss the oldschool days of mmos were it was all about freedom and immersion

eve's online police system (concord) is also one of the best systems if we go for immersion
      "albion is all about risk vs reward" - err not really. I fame farm t7 and gather t6 t7 resources in my guild/alliance's HO in mists with virtually zero risk. And I can go out a zone or two to gather t8 with very low risk. Meanwhile, some gatherer dude on a small guild or solo player has to waste 50% of their time gathering being chased around or dodging reds/blobs and not getting even close to what I gather safely in our HO zone.

If you want the thrill of being the underdog and having to watch your back every second to reap your "reward," then good for you. But stop saying it's risk vs reward when a large part of the game is way imbalanced in terms of risk and reward. If anything, if you wanna be a full-time max spec gatherer, join a big alliance or small guild with established presence in BZ or mists and just contribute what you can.

I don't know why people keep saying this when, if you actually play and experience the mid-late game, it's not really the case.
    • Hypatia415 wrote:

Barry420 wrote:

Herdonn wrote:

Barry420 wrote:

Herdonn wrote:

yea because in the blackzone the risk of dying is higher than in red thats why u get more $$ in blackzones!albion is all about risk vs reward, changing this wont happen ;)

edit:

"albion is all about risk vs reward" - err not really. I fame farm t7 and gather t6 t7 resources in my guild/alliance's HO in mists with virtually zero risk. And I can go out a zone or two to gather t8 with very low risk. Meanwhile, some gatherer dude on a small guild or solo player has to waste 50% of their time gathering being chased around or dodging reds/blobs and not getting even close to what I gather safely in our HO zone.
      If you want the thrill of being the underdog and having to watch your back every second to reap your "reward," then good for you. But stop saying it's risk vs reward when a large part of the game is way imbalanced in terms of risk and reward. If anything, if you wanna be a full-time max spec gatherer, join a big alliance or small guild with established presence in BZ or mists and just contribute what you can.

I don't know why people keep saying this when, if you actually play and experience the mid-late game, it's not really the case.
      nop i wont stop because it is like it is

if its unbalance for you and u love crying on forums because people take ur pixels away well good for you :D

edit: btw the last 3hours i did gathering in some of the red zones with vanity mounts in my backpack, sometimes afk for 20-30min and well not only one time i was going mad on people for anything
      if people start attacking me, good for them they are playing the game how it is designd,... nothing wrong to show up in groups
      i dont care if i get hunted down and killed by a group of 400people (which would be pretty epic)

albions core design is about open world pvp, if people group up and kill solo players they are just playing the game right ;)
      if u go out solo u just taking up extra risk on ursel, but u can do something against it by grouping up too, because you know,... albion is a mmorpg

edit2: if we play football and u only play solo and ignoring ur team or teamplay then u cant say its the games fault lol
      |+| Dan420 - Fisherman & Seaweed Addict |+|

The post was edited 4 times, last by Barry420 ().

• Barry420 wrote:

Hypatia415 wrote:

Barry420 wrote:

Herdonn wrote:

Barry420 wrote:

Herdonn wrote:

yea because in the blackzone the risk of dying is higher than in red thats why u get more $$ in blackzones!albion is all about risk vs reward, changing this wont happen ;)

edit:

"albion is all about risk vs reward" - err not really. I fame farm t7 and gather t6 t7 resources in my guild/alliance's HO in mists with virtually zero risk. And I can go out a zone or two to gather t8 with very low risk. Meanwhile, some gatherer dude on a small guild or solo player has to waste 50% of their time gathering being chased around or dodging reds/blobs and not getting even close to what I gather safely in our HO zone.If you want the thrill of being the underdog and having to watch your back every second to reap your "reward," then good for you. But stop saying it's risk vs reward when a large part of the game is way imbalanced in terms of risk and reward. If anything, if you wanna be a full-time max spec gatherer, join a big alliance or small guild with established presence in BZ or mists and just contribute what you can.

nop i wont stop because it is like it is
      if its unbalance for you and u love crying on forums because people take ur pixels away well good for you :D

edit: btw the last 3hours i did gathering in some of the red zones with vanity mounts in my backpack, sometimes afk for 20-30min and well not only one time i was going mad on people for anything
      if people start attacking me, good for them they are playing the game how it is designd,... nothing wrong to show up in groups
      i dont care if i get hunted down and killed by a group of 400people (which would be pretty epic)

albions core design is about open world pvp, if people group up and kill solo players they are just playing the game right ;)
      if u go out solo u just taking up extra risk on ursel, but u can do something against it by grouping up too, because you know,... albion is a mmorpg

edit2: if we play football and u only play solo and ignoring ur team or teamplay then u cant say its the games fault lol
      Funny how you went through all this trouble and you literally failed to comprehend my point, lmao.

Let me simplify it for you:

My situation: Decent-strong alliance with entire alliance-owned mists zones = very low risk -> high-very high reward
      Some individual: Newbie - not so good guild/alliance = high risk -> decent-semi-high reward

I'm pretty sure no one can gather 27/27 nodes Marbles or Resilient Hides while semi-AFK (virtually almost no risk) like me (eating potato chips and watching Netflix), except for other gatherers with alliances with T8 HO zones. Meanwhile, some people, like maybe OP, who probably not gonna even be able to finish that 27/27 node, let alone actually find one, without being chased out by reds (or worse, successfully caught and killed) and wasting hours of their game time.

It's simple really, but your response literally missed the point. Not sure if you deliberately did that.

There's no way you actually believe that "risk vs reward" unless you just wanted to make yourself feel good, haha. I mean, you typed "people take ur pixels away well good for you" when I literally just mentioned I face almost no risk of dying in the safety of my alliance's zone despite getting the highest of gathering rewards. I hope you don't fool yourself and tell yourself lies so you feel like a brave big man in a video game, lol!

My advice to aspiring highest tier gatherers there: join a good alliance/guild. You can do high-risk stuff all you want if that's your thing, but you can also get very minimal risk and still get the highest rewards by joining the right group.
    • Auriden wrote:

I'm a former Tibia player and Albion had most of the good things Tibia had and few of the bad ones. That's why I decided to play the game. But I'm fond of MMORPGs that allows you to choose between playing solo or in group. Albion's premise was that in the early and mid game you could enjoy the game solo but if you wished to enjoy the late game features, having a guild was almost mandatory. Albion changed a lot since the alpha and now we have plenty options for those who wish to play the game by themselves. But all this changes in the end was worthless. Why? Well, because Albion, as I've used to say on my "rants", is game that highly rewards those with no quarrel of ganking defenseless newbies and gatherers.

I have a lot of theoric experience on Black, and some pratic experience and the conclusion that I've got is that that's nearly impossible make profit on Black. In less then 30 minutes I've got ganked 4 times. No, you didn't read wrong: I've get my ass ganked 4 fucking times in less then 30 fucking minutes. Managed to escape all of them, but I've realised that I keep more time escaping ganks then farming resources. Skill and knowledge are helpful when you get ganked, but there's nothing you can do if you get sieged by a group. Ganks are things from the past, now they literally siege you and if you manage to escape one group, don't worry, there will be 2 or 3 more to take your loot once you've used all your dashes and runs.

At this exact moment I've logout my char in a black zone because when I was going back to city there was a guild camping the portal to the next map for an entire hour. Why don't put shield bubbles on each black portal? It won't solve all the problems a solo player have but certanly it would help a lot. I know this sounds like a rant, but if you play solo you know that the number of player increased, so did the number of player killers. Albion tried to change the game in order to offer content for those who wish to play solo. But how exactly we are supposed to enjoy such content if this ganker/siegers don't let us?

I'm not here asking to end the Black Zone PvP as it is it's core. I'm asking to give chances to defend my self from this pack of players. Go solo gathering on back zone is not risky; because gathering there is nearly impossible. Because there is HOs or Plots on almost every black zone map. And this guilds feel like the owners of the place and won't let any gatherer farm. What about gatherers hiring bodyguards NPCs? Or giving attack/defense in the same proportion of the attackers? There is no problem on PvP on Black, at least for me, but it's a shame that Albion rewards ganking and sieging defenseless players. That's not even by far a skillful player but just a coward.

I guess there is no better or worse map to gather... all of them have HOs/Plots, all of them must be a pain in the ass to gather. So I presume that I'm not in the "wrong map". It's a shame that Albion could bring a balanced PvP experience but they don't. If you wish to be rich on Albion, go for a ganking/siegeing guild and enjoy killing newbies and gatherers or just a solo player like me. I thought that with all this changes Albion would be a much more friendly game for solo players. I was wrong. The only exception are the corrupted dungeons, but well you can make hard money on them just to get your ass whooped py a bunch of gankers.

I won't be done with the game because maybe I'm getting unlucky. But the more I realise about this game, the more I believe a solo player doesn't stand a chance if he decides to go for the late game.

The Blackzone is normally home to the bigger coalitions of the game, we fight for our lands and reap the rewards from the resources and content it provides. From our perspective, a solo gatherer trying to make his own buck on our lands is definitely someone we will relentlessly huntdown and kill for both content and profit.

And also, you should definitely respect the guilds who own the terries because they do infact, own that zone if they own the territory on that map. If you want safety you are free to gather in the yellow zone, if you have balls of steel and want to go for real high end resources, you must accept the price that must be paid in relation to high risk / high reward.
    • j0ei wrote:

Auriden wrote:

I'm a former Tibia player and Albion had most of the good things Tibia had and few of the bad ones. That's why I decided to play the game. But I'm fond of MMORPGs that allows you to choose between playing solo or in group. Albion's premise was that in the early and mid game you could enjoy the game solo but if you wished to enjoy the late game features, having a guild was almost mandatory. Albion changed a lot since the alpha and now we have plenty options for those who wish to play the game by themselves. But all this changes in the end was worthless. Why? Well, because Albion, as I've used to say on my "rants", is game that highly rewards those with no quarrel of ganking defenseless newbies and gatherers.

I have a lot of theoric experience on Black, and some pratic experience and the conclusion that I've got is that that's nearly impossible make profit on Black. In less then 30 minutes I've got ganked 4 times. No, you didn't read wrong: I've get my ass ganked 4 fucking times in less then 30 fucking minutes. Managed to escape all of them, but I've realised that I keep more time escaping ganks then farming resources. Skill and knowledge are helpful when you get ganked, but there's nothing you can do if you get sieged by a group. Ganks are things from the past, now they literally siege you and if you manage to escape one group, don't worry, there will be 2 or 3 more to take your loot once you've used all your dashes and runs.

At this exact moment I've logout my char in a black zone because when I was going back to city there was a guild camping the portal to the next map for an entire hour. Why don't put shield bubbles on each black portal? It won't solve all the problems a solo player have but certanly it would help a lot. I know this sounds like a rant, but if you play solo you know that the number of player increased, so did the number of player killers. Albion tried to change the game in order to offer content for those who wish to play solo. But how exactly we are supposed to enjoy such content if this ganker/siegers don't let us?

I'm not here asking to end the Black Zone PvP as it is it's core. I'm asking to give chances to defend my self from this pack of players. Go solo gathering on back zone is not risky; because gathering there is nearly impossible. Because there is HOs or Plots on almost every black zone map. And this guilds feel like the owners of the place and won't let any gatherer farm. What about gatherers hiring bodyguards NPCs? Or giving attack/defense in the same proportion of the attackers? There is no problem on PvP on Black, at least for me, but it's a shame that Albion rewards ganking and sieging defenseless players. That's not even by far a skillful player but just a coward.

I guess there is no better or worse map to gather... all of them have HOs/Plots, all of them must be a pain in the ass to gather. So I presume that I'm not in the "wrong map". It's a shame that Albion could bring a balanced PvP experience but they don't. If you wish to be rich on Albion, go for a ganking/siegeing guild and enjoy killing newbies and gatherers or just a solo player like me. I thought that with all this changes Albion would be a much more friendly game for solo players. I was wrong. The only exception are the corrupted dungeons, but well you can make hard money on them just to get your ass whooped py a bunch of gankers.

I won't be done with the game because maybe I'm getting unlucky. But the more I realise about this game, the more I believe a solo player doesn't stand a chance if he decides to go for the late game.
      The Blackzone is normally home to the bigger coalitions of the game, we fight for our lands and reap the rewards from the resources and content it provides. From our perspective, a solo gatherer trying to make his own buck on our lands is definitely someone we will relentlessly huntdown and kill for both content and profit.

And also, you should definitely respect the guilds who own the terries because they do infact, own that zone if they own the territory on that map. If you want safety you are free to gather in the yellow zone, if you have balls of steel and want to go for real high end resources, you must accept the price that must be paid in relation to high risk / high reward.
      That's why avalonian roads were created, for small guilds or solo player have access to top tier resources without being concerned with territory policies. Most of bz territories have HO, however the most likely locations to have a big population are the ones with level 3 HO because some player can set it as home
    • j0ei wrote:

Auriden wrote:

Sure buddy, I have a house in England so I own England. Makes perfect sense for me.
    • Auriden wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Auriden wrote:

Sure buddy, I have a house in England so I own England. Makes perfect sense for me.
      Have you passed your reading class in english dear sir? You're from england yet you have failed to read and understand my point

"Guild X owns terry Y = Guild X owns Zone Y(that has territory Y)

A hideout does not make you own the zone, the guild that owns the territory in that zone means that guild owns the zone.

Praise be and Godbless
      • now that albion has doubled its population in the last year, there are theoretically twice as many hardworking resource collectors to be found.in therie you would have to earn twice as much for each success in collecting. unfortunately, thanks to the transmutation, this is not the case.
      • in therie you would have to earn twice as much for each success in collecting. unfortunately, thanks to the transmutation, this is not the case.
      • the prices are stable.
      • you run through zone by zone and mostly 2 out of 5 or 1 out of 5. only t5 zone in blackzone full.
      • and who wants to do that now with 3 gatherers in a group?
    • j0ei wrote:

Auriden wrote:

j0ei wrote:

Auriden wrote:

The Blackzone is normally home to the bigger coalitions of the game, we fight for our lands and reap the rewards from the resources and content it provides. From our perspective, a solo gatherer trying to make his own buck on our lands is definitely someone we will relentlessly huntdown and kill for both content and profit.And also, you should definitely respect the guilds who own the terries because they do infact, own that zone if they own the territory on that map. If you want safety you are free to gather in the yellow zone, if you have balls of steel and want to go for real high end resources, you must accept the price that must be paid in relation to high risk / high reward.
      Have you passed your reading class in english dear sir? You're from england yet you have failed to read and understand my point
      "Guild X owns terry Y = Guild X owns Zone Y(that has territory Y)

A hideout does not make you own the zone, the guild that owns the territory in that zone means that guild owns the zone.

Praise be and Godbless
      I don't get it, so you own a big square in a zone, how is that gonna prevent anyone from entering the zone, its not like a house where you can lock the door, and prevent anyone from entering.

I would be very sad if i couldn't lock my front door, to keep strangers out.
    • krazzer wrote:

I don't get it, so you own a big square in a zone, how is that gonna prevent anyone from entering the zone, its not like a house where you can lock the door, and prevent anyone from entering.
      I would be very sad if i couldn't lock my front door, to keep strangers out.
      Owning a territory is a means of securing a "safe" spot in the map where you have npc guards to fight for you (ofcourse, being safe inside the terry does not mean that you cannot die from being dived into the terry by a great amount of people - but if it's a very high level territory then you have a great chance to get them knocked and execute them, proving a great advantage) some territories also have node spawns within them and provide an additional 50% bonus to whoever is gathering a node inside it that belongs to the guild that owns said territory. And, leveling the territory via crystals will increase the resource enchantment percentage of that zone.

Territories are obviously not designed to "lock people out" or keep players out of the zone, however, some territories give a huge benefit depending on its layout and the tier of its map.

In the general perspective of things, a guild owning X zone can choose to deny another random guild from putting down a hideout by smashing it (if said random guild cannot protect their hideout) but so far, Albion game designers have made it fair for both sides. Or, rent the zone to a guild allowing them to put down a hideout for a daily fee giving the said players in the guild "access" in that zone without getting evicted.

E.G
      • Drownfield Slough > Northwest of Morganas Rest and Everwinter Gap > Northeast of Morganas Rest these territories sit literally beside the road and can easily be used as a very lucrative ganking spot for anyone that owns said terry.
      • Main point here, the territories can serve a great deal of advantage depending on the tier of the map, and its positioning within the map
    • Hypatia415 wrote:

Funny how you went through all this trouble and you literally failed to comprehend my point, lmao.

My situation: Decent-strong alliance with entire alliance-owned mists zones = very low risk -> high-very high reward
      Some individual: Newbie - not so good guild/alliance = high risk -> decent-semi-high reward

I'm pretty sure no one can gather 27/27 nodes Marbles or Resilient Hides while semi-AFK (virtually almost no risk) like me (eating potato chips and watching Netflix), except for other gatherers with alliances with T8 HO zones. Meanwhile, some people, like maybe OP, who probably not gonna even be able to finish that 27/27 node, let alone actually find one, without being chased out by reds (or worse, successfully caught and killed) and wasting hours of their game time.

It's simple really, but your response literally missed the point. Not sure if you deliberately did that.

There's no way you actually believe that "risk vs reward" unless you just wanted to make yourself feel good, haha. I mean, you typed "people take ur pixels away well good for you" when I literally just mentioned I face almost no risk of dying in the safety of my alliance's zone despite getting the highest of gathering rewards. I hope you don't fool yourself and tell yourself lies so you feel like a brave big man in a video game, lol!

My advice to aspiring highest tier gatherers there: join a good alliance/guild. You can do high-risk stuff all you want if that's your thing, but you can also get very minimal risk and still get the highest rewards by joining the right group.
      Hypatia, is your guild recruiting? Actually I'm focused on PvE/gather content until I develop my island enough to get some financial stability. But I pretend to go for GvG/ZvZ as long as I have silver enough to cover my spends with regear.
    • Auriden wrote:

Hypatia415 wrote:

Hypatia, is your guild recruiting? Actually I'm focused on PvE/gather content until I develop my island enough to get some financial stability. But I pretend to go for GvG/ZvZ as long as I have silver enough to cover my spends with regear.
      Yep, you can shoot me a pm if you wanna check it out. There are many guilds/alliances in the mists that you can join if you just take the time to search.
    • Spiritman69 wrote:

OMW2FYB wrote:

Silver isnt even worth picking up in any content that you, as a solo player, will do.
      Do you know how much silver you pick up in Stalker CDs, not even mentioning Slayers??I know, when you already have millions in the bank you don't value this silver on the floor, but BOY it accumulates!
      As someone who plays CDs 80% of the time, this was a big enough reason for me.
      You do know that silver bags, don't get taxed.. right?
    • Don't know about all this, there are multiple free for use hideouts in the BZ. I own one next to Morgana's rest, other than the occasional guild which has been denied access due to the tile owners.

Solo players have been welcome to it for the last year or two. If you travel naked to it with a cheap horse incase you get ganked at most it will take a few times. You set home, travel to the BZ city in the same tile. Buy some cheap gathering sets, then gather around said Hideout doing regular drop offs so you never lose more than your worth.

Royals red's are much more dangerous than any BZ tile, and many people still make the mistake of gathering in the royals thinking it must be safer than that nasty lawless black zone.

The dangerous part about the Black Zone is actually getting your goods back to the Royals to sell, this takes a bit of skill, luck, and intelligence. If you scout out the roads you might be lucky and get a gate leading to the royals, or if your smart you know the busiest/non busy zvz times for your part of the map. The luck part is just luck sometimes you pay for a escort and dont even see a single enemy player.