Solo Gathering in Black is Nearly Impossible

• krazzer wrote:

Use your tiny brain, there is no trick, 3-5 players can lock down an entire zone, only escape there is, is an ava portal.Do i really need to draw a map to show you where to place your troops to lock down an entire zone ?
      You cant lock entire zone with 3-5 players lol. Guess you are just a theorist with no practice.
    • DildoSwaggings wrote:

krazzer wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

krazzer wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

krazzer wrote:

Its been said many times before.
      Risk vs Reward as a gather in BZ, is 99% risk and 1% reward.
      Risk vs Reward for gankers are 1% risk, and 99% reward.

Gather suits are way to expensive, and you can't even defend yourself wearing one.
      Your just a walking 1m silver bag, and can be taken down by 2-3 guys in 4.1 gear very easy.

Unless you have access to monopolized areas in BZ, or the mist, just forget about gathering, its just so not worth it for 99%
      of the players.
      And yes there is always someone who will tell you hey man i gather T8 nodes all day long in bz, and i make gazillions.
      Good for him, for the rest of us, not so much.

The list of things that needs to be changed is getting pretty long.
      If your getting taken down by 2-3 guys in 4.1 the mistake is on you... how are you getting caught by only 3..?Also, 3 guys in 4.1 with max specs should be able to take down pretty much anyone that doesnt massively out IP them or has a 1vsX build
      first you say, "If your getting taken down by 2-3 guys in 4.1 the mistake is on you... how are you getting caught by only 3..?"And then you state "Also, 3 guys in 4.1 with max specs should be able to take down pretty much anyone that doesnt massively out IP them or has a 1vsX build"So what you basically are saying is, if an gather gets taken down by 2-3 guys, its their own fault, and then you say 2-3 guys in 4.1 should be able to take down anyone without a 1vsX build !?!

Last i checked a gather does not wear a 1vsX build, so what are you actually trying to say ? if anything ? lol man

The way Albion is build, its not rocket science to catch anyone on a map with 4 static exists (not counting ava gates if there is any)
      It was meant as: if you get caught you die, gather gear or not, you die. Dont get caught, that's the trick, but you shitters get caught and then come and whine on the forums.Understood?
      Edit: You know how many idiots stay to grab that extra tick even though they see names? You know how many idiots run from the node and then come back 30s later to try and gather it again? The examples can go on. Greed is what kills people, greed and their tiny brains
      Use your tiny brain, there is no trick, 3-5 players can lock down an entire zone, only escape there is, is an ava portal.Do i really need to draw a map to show you where to place your troops to lock down an entire zone ?
      so you already went from 2-3 people to 3-5 people lel, you can still run from 5 people, stop being bad and predictable
      Read and understand what i wrote...i Said it takes 2-3 players to take down 1 player, and i said it takes 3-5 players to lock down an entire zone, do you even know what the difference it between a player and a zone ? lul man
    • Rokov wrote:

krazzer wrote:

You cant lock entire zone with 3-5 players lol. Guess you are just a theorist with no practice.
      It depends on how many exists, usually 5 does the trick. If your not clever enough to figure it out, well i guess you need more practise, may i suggest yellow zone ? you seem like a guy who just got off the boat from tutorial island.
    • krazzer wrote:

Rokov wrote:

krazzer wrote:

It depends on how many exists, usually 5 does the trick. If your not clever enough to figure it out, well i guess you need more practise, may i suggest yellow zone ? you seem like a guy who just got off the boat from tutorial island.
      Flag up and lock down any red zone with 5 players LOL. :D Or lock down any not-dead black zone, you will understand like in 10 mins or near it why it is impossible. You need at least 15 players just to lock down exits for solo gatherers and almost any 5+ group in pvp gear will kill your entire gang of 15 players in full gang gear, so you will be forced to run away and your "lock down" will over in 10 mins.
    • Adding some thoughts.

Gathering in bz is super easy. Even before I joined a guild I was operating out of blue hideouts (both of the ones I used have since been destroyed so I don't know where any are currently). Ideally you pick a spit in the deep zone. either a hideout if possible or one of the rests. You are at your most vulnerable when you are gathering so try to gather a few zones away if your at a rest. Keep wild boars and cheap transport sets (t4-6 gather gear with miner workboots, fs cape, invis potion) and t3 horses in your bank along with your gather gear. Use t3 horses to naked scout road paths. Roads of avalon are usually pretty safe. When ever you see something like green portal -> portal -> royal zone not next to a city. You use your boars to do a bunch of trips and then one trip to bring the boars and gear back.

Also, roads. Very good gathering there.

As far as gankers go, pretty much anytime someone rolls up on you. you are mounted and running away. if you see their name dissapear, you can come back and see if they are hanging out nearby. If they are gone, probably a scout/gatherer. If you see them, they are waiting for a group. If they are running with you, they are definitely trying to gank you.

I prefer to gather with a fast mount (bird) but wildboar or direboar works. If someones on you, you're best bet is to look for the nearest green portal. If thats not possible, you can try to shake them by running past mobs and then cutting back right before their ability goes off. The idea is to make it so they lose gallop, no longer have visual on you and then you take a left turn they likely wouldn't expect so you can shake them. If they stop running with you. Cut back, it means they are dismounting because someone is ahead to cut you off.

If you get dismounted. try to use a dash without hitting them and then using boots. You can also start with invis, and then wait till you have max distance while still invis to dash further away and run. Good gankers will run purge so slamming the boots right away is an easy way to die.

Good gankers, especially those with spears, daggers, frost, or realmbreaker can dismount you with one rotation. But it should be very difficult for them to kill you before you can mount back up again. As long as you are moving towards safety while your running away, you should be fine.

As far as gathering in general, You absolutely want to push for t7/t8 gathering. All the other gathering is small potatoes. t6 rock is the only t6 resource that is somewhat decent to gather.
    • Barry420 wrote:

Herdonn wrote:

make cash which is just impossible in red zones
      this is not true, u can make aton of money in red/black zones, its super easy if u have the right mindset!
      I guess I didn't make myself clear enough, bz allows you to make way more money that redzone. If you consider 1m/h good money then sure, redzone can be fine. If you really want it to be worth your time, the only option is blackzone

The post was edited 1 time, last by Herdonn ().

• holyhotsauce wrote:

Adding some thoughts.

Gathering in bz is super easy. Even before I joined a guild I was operating out of blue hideouts (both of the ones I used have since been destroyed so I don't know where any are currently). Ideally you pick a spit in the deep zone. either a hideout if possible or one of the rests. You are at your most vulnerable when you are gathering so try to gather a few zones away if your at a rest. Keep wild boars and cheap transport sets (t4-6 gather gear with miner workboots, fs cape, invis potion) and t3 horses in your bank along with your gather gear. Use t3 horses to naked scout road paths. Roads of avalon are usually pretty safe. When ever you see something like green portal -> portal -> royal zone not next to a city. You use your boars to do a bunch of trips and then one trip to bring the boars and gear back.

Also, roads. Very good gathering there.

As far as gankers go, pretty much anytime someone rolls up on you. you are mounted and running away. if you see their name dissapear, you can come back and see if they are hanging out nearby. If they are gone, probably a scout/gatherer. If you see them, they are waiting for a group. If they are running with you, they are definitely trying to gank you.

I prefer to gather with a fast mount (bird) but wildboar or direboar works. If someones on you, you're best bet is to look for the nearest green portal. If thats not possible, you can try to shake them by running past mobs and then cutting back right before their ability goes off. The idea is to make it so they lose gallop, no longer have visual on you and then you take a left turn they likely wouldn't expect so you can shake them. If they stop running with you. Cut back, it means they are dismounting because someone is ahead to cut you off.

If you get dismounted. try to use a dash without hitting them and then using boots. You can also start with invis, and then wait till you have max distance while still invis to dash further away and run. Good gankers will run purge so slamming the boots right away is an easy way to die.

Good gankers, especially those with spears, daggers, frost, or realmbreaker can dismount you with one rotation. But it should be very difficult for them to kill you before you can mount back up again. As long as you are moving towards safety while your running away, you should be fine.

As far as gathering in general, You absolutely want to push for t7/t8 gathering. All the other gathering is small potatoes. t6 rock is the only t6 resource that is somewhat decent to gather.
      this man knows
    • As an experienced blazk zone gatherer, I thought I'd share some tips for Black Zone gathering - it's really not as hard as some people are making out!

These aren't in any partiular order as they're all of, mostly, equal importance. However, I would put extra emphasis on the first two!

1. Learn the tile! Know where the dead ends are - know where the large mob spawns are - learn the quickest routes towards the exists
      2. Learn the wider map! Sometimes you're not going to be able to run your normal route, so you need to know which zones are around you and where they lead / how to get back to the portal
      3. Always keep your mount immediately next to you - don't waste even just 2 seconds walking to your mount
      4. See a red name? Mount and run away immediately. 9/10 they're not gankgers, but why risk the 1/10 chance?
      5. Sometimes running to the nearest portal isn't the best option. Ask yourself - how many are there? Are they trying to cut me off? Sometimes running towards a portal and then doing a 180, going around the gangkers and towards another portal is a better option
      6. Use dungeons to your advantage! Large group locked down the portal? Jump into a near by dungeon - wait 60s for shield cooldown, leave the dungeon and walk through the gankgers like a God
      7. Use a decent mount! Horses and swiftclaw's are a big no! Wild Boar, Pest LIzard, DIreboar or a Bird are your best bets
      8. Check the prime time of the zones and DO NOT gather during or close to the prime time. Won't gaurantee you will not be gangked, but it certainly lowers the chances
      9. Zones that are 2-4 tiles away from BZ portals are always the busiest - avoid them. The tile immediately after the portal is usually dead (very good for T5 resource gathering), and then towards the center of the map (though, avoid tiles right next to rests)
      10. Take advantage of public hideouts in the BZ but ensure you're not falling bait to the scam public ones

If I can think of anything else I'll come back and add, but for now, these are the 10 tips that spring to mind.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PandaTantrum ().

• I think you didn't get the point. Experienced players will melt your mount in less then 1 sec! Fortunally I've came across this ones a few times in BZ, and most os times I've managed to escape (even being dismounted). No, running from this morons is the easiest and funiest things most of time. The problem is running from them, because there are times that all they want is annoy you by chasing you every fucking time. So you keep most of part running from them rather than doing your gathering.

Far nodes are an issue because you have to cross tons of maps and if you go in a mount like an armored horse, you get overwheighted easily. In best of cenarios I've make 1.5kk before having to return to city due to overwheight. Yes, there are maps that you get ganked less, but they gather profit is ridiculous. I make my gather in T8 maps and surprisingly I rarely see a gatherer there.

Gathering doesn't worth anymore I presume. Making solo dgs is way more safer I guess and can give a good loot also. Well, that's a pitty. The point is not getting ganked, that's part of the game, but I don't see any risk for ganker groups, only profit.

I'm not in the mood of getting a guild because I'm focused on PvE content and most of them have high silver taxes (if you are on HCE that sucks) and CTA is mandatory. And I wished to enjoy the game by myself atm but Albion is the kind of game that is way harder if you are by yourself.
    • So basically: Gathering in the bz is super easy, you just need to have a full knowledge of every map by playing since the alpha, spend the day running from everyone red flagged, use mounts worth +1.5m, have a HO around the center of the bz and have a bachelour degree.

Meanwhile gankers: just buy flat T6 equipment, buy poison, group with other 4 guys, use 10% of your brain.
    • Solo gathering is very much possible, and from my recent experiences since returning appears easier than it was in the past.

With the correct knowledge and gear you can easily gather hours on end over weeks without falling victim to gankers even when solo.

I would recommend you are always equipping yourself with;
      - Fort Sterling Cape
      - Mobility weapon
      - Block spell from gather gear
      - Swiftclaw or Pest Lizard*
      - Healing or Invisibility Pots

* I wouldn't recommend using Pest Lizard without first understanding the pro's and con's of it's passive. Imo it is the best gathering mount, however can be a double edged sword if used without understanding what you should and shouldn't do whilst being chased.

The only thing more effective at keeping yourself alive is knowledge.

Take some time to learn the layout of the zones you wish to gather in, escape paths/safe routes, potential gank spots/chokes, active hours of guilds occupying the area.

As you gain more experience you will start to see through gankers and their tricks, quickly reacting will become second nature. Resulting in the majority of ganks failing. There will however be times that you simply can't escape, but those scenarios are often very slim as more than often there is a way out when played correctly.

Remain calm when chased and don't give up when you die and you will surely see results.

The real fun comes when gankers are no longer an issue for you, but instead it is other loot bags(Gatherers) that want to shove you off nodes... But that's a whole different kettle of fish.

If death is not an issue, but too much time is spent being chased you need to either hit the zone when it's not most active or move on to a different gathering spot. Some guilds/alliances are relentless and although they might not be able to catch you can certainly stop you from gathering.
      In these situations I often look for zones that fit my needs occupied by guilds with low gathering fame or timezones different to my own. This often makes gathering a lot easier.

Good luck and don't give up!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gimbo ().

• Rokov wrote:

krazzer wrote:

Rokov wrote:

krazzer wrote:

Flag up and lock down any red zone with 5 players LOL. :D Or lock down any not-dead black zone, you will understand like in 10 mins or near it why it is impossible. You need at least 15 players just to lock down exits for solo gatherers and almost any 5+ group in pvp gear will kill your entire gang of 15 players in full gang gear, so you will be forced to run away and your "lock down" will over in 10 mins.
      I did mean bz, i don't do stuff in red zone, so cant really tell.
      15 ? lol really u must be bad.
    • So, I've decided to give this game another chance in gathering... big mistake. I not only got ganked but I was also killed in the process by a cheater. I mean how this guy would know my exact position to get on me with a invisibility pot??? Always when I see a tag I immediatelly change my fishing spot to not get ganked. But it was like this guy had a radar of gatherers on his map so he knew my exact position.

Easy gank, easy kill. He get on me under invisibility (yes this guy must have a crystal ball to know my exact position on the map). He was with a CD reduction set and Purge canceled my boots sprint... I was mistaken at one point: I wasn't a good anti-ganker, I just faced some guys with non-ganking sets... That's why I managed to escape all the ganks till the moment. But that guy had an anti-anti-gank set, there was no possible way to escape whatsover.

But that was good afterall. I'm more convinced that you depend on time to gather with no further problems. Maybe weekends are just bad days to gather on black, but that doesn't change the fact that you depend on luck to not cross with a "good "ganker. I will try solo DGs on Black after leveling my specs accordingly. Gathering is dead because the role of a gatherer in Albion is being looted by gankers. No surprise there is no gatherers anymore... Because it's not about risk, it's about get lucky to not cross with this guys.

For those saying that is easy gathering on BZ... maybe you didn't crossed with a "radar ganker" like I've did today. I re-geared and went to another map... get chased by another gankers. Yes, there are ways to reduce those risks, maybe gathering on saturdays/sundays is a bad idea. But it doesn't change my mind that another "radar ganker" could show up anytime.

I'm almost done with Albion (or maybe I'm already done). That cheater was the last drop needed to reconsider playing this game. There was no way he knowing my position because I always swap position after seeing any tag on my screen.

The Albion Team must give gatherers a more effective way to protect themselves! Not to escape but to fight back! The way things are shows me that there is no place for pacific players on Albion, only gankers that most of time will hunt weaker foes.

I won't say I will leave this game because Albion is the best MMORPG sandbox I've ever met. But this kind of things kill it for me...