Solo Gathering in Black is Nearly Impossible

• Solo Gathering in Black is Nearly Impossible

I'm a former Tibia player and Albion had most of the good things Tibia had and few of the bad ones. That's why I decided to play the game. But I'm fond of MMORPGs that allows you to choose between playing solo or in group. Albion's premise was that in the early and mid game you could enjoy the game solo but if you wished to enjoy the late game features, having a guild was almost mandatory. Albion changed a lot since the alpha and now we have plenty options for those who wish to play the game by themselves. But all this changes in the end was worthless. Why? Well, because Albion, as I've used to say on my "rants", is game that highly rewards those with no quarrel of ganking defenseless newbies and gatherers.

I have a lot of theoric experience on Black, and some pratic experience and the conclusion that I've got is that that's nearly impossible make profit on Black. In less then 30 minutes I've got ganked 4 times. No, you didn't read wrong: I've get my ass ganked 4 fucking times in less then 30 fucking minutes. Managed to escape all of them, but I've realised that I keep more time escaping ganks then farming resources. Skill and knowledge are helpful when you get ganked, but there's nothing you can do if you get sieged by a group. Ganks are things from the past, now they literally siege you and if you manage to escape one group, don't worry, there will be 2 or 3 more to take your loot once you've used all your dashes and runs.

At this exact moment I've logout my char in a black zone because when I was going back to city there was a guild camping the portal to the next map for an entire hour. Why don't put shield bubbles on each black portal? It won't solve all the problems a solo player have but certanly it would help a lot. I know this sounds like a rant, but if you play solo you know that the number of player increased, so did the number of player killers. Albion tried to change the game in order to offer content for those who wish to play solo. But how exactly we are supposed to enjoy such content if this ganker/siegers don't let us?

I'm not here asking to end the Black Zone PvP as it is it's core. I'm asking to give chances to defend my self from this pack of players. Go solo gathering on back zone is not risky; because gathering there is nearly impossible. Because there is HOs or Plots on almost every black zone map. And this guilds feel like the owners of the place and won't let any gatherer farm. What about gatherers hiring bodyguards NPCs? Or giving attack/defense in the same proportion of the attackers? There is no problem on PvP on Black, at least for me, but it's a shame that Albion rewards ganking and sieging defenseless players. That's not even by far a skillful player but just a coward.

I guess there is no better or worse map to gather... all of them have HOs/Plots, all of them must be a pain in the ass to gather. So I presume that I'm not in the "wrong map". It's a shame that Albion could bring a balanced PvP experience but they don't. If you wish to be rich on Albion, go for a ganking/siegeing guild and enjoy killing newbies and gatherers or just a solo player like me. I thought that with all this changes Albion would be a much more friendly game for solo players. I was wrong. The only exception are the corrupted dungeons, but well you can make hard money on them just to get your ass whooped py a bunch of gankers.

I won't be done with the game because maybe I'm getting unlucky. But the more I realise about this game, the more I believe a solo player doesn't stand a chance if he decides to go for the late game.
    • If you go gathering over a city portal its like begging to be ganked

You probably wont believe me but most of the deeper black zones have zero content most time, also the roads of avalon are so much better for solo gathering and giving you access to every tier of every ressource! You might try to find a quite black zone over the roads or gather in the roads itself.
    • daklajakld wrote:

If you go gathering over a city portal its like begging to be ganked

You probably wont believe me but most of the deeper black zones have zero content most time, also the roads of avalon are so much better for solo gathering and giving you access to every tier of every ressource! You might try to find a quite black zone over the roads or gather in the roads itself.
      The map I'm gathering is 3 maps away from the nearest city portal. I will try another map, but I'm not sure it it will work... All black maps I've seen have a lot of HOs and there's always guild members that will be itching to kill you because in therir mind they own the territory. Maps with plots are even worse... Let's see, maybe I'm just on the worng map after all.
    • yeah true buddy, albion want all player to join groups or guilds but its not possible coz not all people want to join anything. i my self i prefer solo than joining any guilds, now i have a guild not because i want to but because i'm forced to join. SBI not welcoming all kind of online players if you want to solo SBI dont want you to play Albion online.
    • Solo gathering on bz is not only possible, but because of last update it's even more rare to encounter any people, let alone skilled gankers. Just go deeper into bz and pay attention to what is the primary timer of zone/guilds with hideouts on the map, and the most important one - do not sleep during gathering, if you want safe profit then consider market/crafting
    • benfikista wrote:

What's the problem of joining a guild? Any activity you do will earn points for guild challenge, each level score some season points. During a season if your were on a guild for at least 65 days you will earn rewards based on the guild season rank
      I'm a solo player aswell, a big problem for me was the Silver Tax. First Guild was 15%, second guild was 30% and I'm not willing to split 30% of my silver earnings for ZvZ Content I'm not doing at all.

But it's true, you will earn points for guild challenge. And with my answer I just want to give you guys the hint, that you can create your own guild and collect the points for yourself.
    • Spiritman69 wrote:

benfikista wrote:

What's the problem of joining a guild? Any activity you do will earn points for guild challenge, each level score some season points. During a season if your were on a guild for at least 65 days you will earn rewards based on the guild season rank
      I'm a solo player aswell, a big problem for me was the Silver Tax. First Guild was 15%, second guild was 30% and I'm not willing to split 30% of my silver earnings for ZvZ Content I'm not doing at all.
      But it's true, you will earn points for guild challenge. And with my answer I just want to give you guys the hint, that you can create your own guild and collect the points for yourself.
      Silver isnt even worth picking up in any content that you, as a solo player, will do.
    • OMW2FYB wrote:

Silver isnt even worth picking up in any content that you, as a solo player, will do.
      Do you know how much silver you pick up in Stalker CDs, not even mentioning Slayers??
      I know, when you already have millions in the bank you don't value this silver on the floor, but BOY it accumulates!
      As someone who plays CDs 80% of the time, this was a big enough reason for me.
    • Nobody is forcing you at all to go into the black zone. You do so by your own choice and it even gives you a warning before doing so. It's risk vs reward; you want access to the best gathering nodes, you're going to run across a lot of ppl who are trying to kill you. Either join a guild and group gather or stay out of the black zone it's really that simple. As much as I hate gankers and ganking in general, don't keep nerfing the game mode for those players that actually enjoy that type of content.
    • Spiritman69 wrote:

OMW2FYB wrote:

Do you know how much silver you pick up in Stalker CDs, not even mentioning Slayers??I know, when you already have millions in the bank you don't value this silver on the floor, but BOY it accumulates!
      As someone who plays CDs 80% of the time, this was a big enough reason for me.
      Like 20k under a run?
    • OMW2FYB wrote:

Spiritman69 wrote:

benfikista wrote:

I'm a solo player aswell, a big problem for me was the Silver Tax. First Guild was 15%, second guild was 30% and I'm not willing to split 30% of my silver earnings for ZvZ Content I'm not doing at all.But it's true, you will earn points for guild challenge. And with my answer I just want to give you guys the hint, that you can create your own guild and collect the points for yourself.
      You mean the whole time i've been ganking people in yellow zones for their silver isn't a good way to make millions? Dangit.
    • The best gathering at the moment is in the red zones. Don't waste your time in the blackzone gathering. And yes solo gathering in the blackzone is nearly impossible. However this is only the case if you are not a part of the local mega alliance. If you are solo then you need the skills of a veteran gatherer who has been playing this game for years. I should know because i gather where ever the fck i please. I'm like mundo from league of legends, i even taunt when I'm dismounted XD.I would gather on top of your terry if i felt like it. Why? because i know what I'm doing at all times. But even still there are zones and ganking guilds i would not dare cross.

Even still i mostly only gather in the red zone now as the profit is much higher and ironically less safe than the blackzone currently. But the gankers here are potatoes so no worries. Minus the elite gankers of course, much respect.
    • Lol, more people whining to nerf ganking even more...

solo BZ gathering is fine...it's a you issue.
      If you're wearing gathering gear you have everything you need to escape 90% of gankers.
      Sometimes you're just gonna take the loss, it's part of it.

This game is going to end up being consensual only PVP game, watch.
      It's trending more and more this way, this game was supposed to be a niche game for people who wanted a sand boxish type game with open world full loot pvp. Slowly but surely SBI is catering more and more to the care bear cry babies who suck at the game. I can understand though from a business perspective those of us who want full loot nonconsensual pvp are the minority even though this was supposed to be the game for us. They'll make more money overall even if they betray their original goal for the game if they continue down the care bear path.
    • its easy gathering in black zone just not on weekends. My problem with it is if it's a free for all zone there should be NO outlaw status in the black zone at all. In the royals fine but the black zone is literally the place you should be able to attack anyone at anytime without being barred entry to your hideout or whatever else. Engaged in a fight i can see that cuz maybe your friends won't open the door for you because the enemy might slip in since your fighting. But the outlaw status is garbage. Imagine you are running from 5 enemies to your hideout and have a cursed staff equipped. You cannot CC the enemies to make your escape without engaging this B.S. outlaw timer. The entire thing goes against the free for all nature of the black zone. The fact that you can't use every ability in your equipment to make your escape makes gatherers nerfed before they even start. Gathering logs? Gankers? Let's drop those logs from the logging hood that knock back the enemies to get away. Oh no now i am an outlaw stuck at my front door while the gankers kick my ass. The whole concept of outlaw timers in the black zone is nonsensical and retards everyones ability to escape outnumbered fights that they would be able to if outlaw timers didnt nerf there escape options by using their escape options.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Varkuun ().