Swords need a improvement!

• Combat Balance
    • What did you do to swords, albion online? I´m not the only one that think that the new change you did to the W swords abilitie "parry strike" is a great degradation. Swords were ok in pvp and that abilitie was such a very important help to all swords users, but now you have changed that and that´s horrible. Please put it as it was and PLEASE improve swords!!! they´re the favorite weapon of a lot of people like me. We want the old W "parry strike" back and a improvement to all swords! please albion online !!! we beg you!!!
    • Swords need a improvement!

I´ve made a post before and i was kinda worried because swords have been nerfed in this last update "call to arms", but this time i´m going to follow the example albion online gave us in a 2015 post.
      Swords were not the BIG thing before, they was playable at zvz, 2v2 and at some other activies, but mainly people like me used it in corrupted dungeons, 1v1, and duels. Sword´s damage is okay but, as i read in a guy´s post in this forum, you should increase the damage of normal attacks of swords. The abilite "Hamstring" needs a rework because nobody uses it and it´s kinda useless. But the most important complaint i have is the next one:

SUBJECT/HEADER: W abilite "parry strike" is UP now.

DESCRIPTION: It doesn´t do enough damage now.

URGENCY: My friends and I died in corrupted because of this degradation.

ARGUMENTATION: Before, parry strike was an excellent abilitie and it made swords good against other weapons like bows, frost, fire, daggers, maces and axes. We could face all of them with this abilitie beacuse we could use it defensively and offensively. Now we can´t reflect neither Q, W, E of: daggers, axes, maces and bows because they are physical damage and the new "parry strike" just reflect magical damage. Now it´s very hard to face other weapons and dealing with them is kinda frustrating. It´s not fair because swords have been nerfed in the past already. Instead of that, you should rework useless abilities like "Hamstring", increase the damage of normal attacks, increase the speed of movement of the stacks and put the "parry strike" as it was! Please albion online, fighting with other meta weapons it´s very difficult now and swords aren´t good enough! they need a improvement!!
    • i dont get your arguement?

parry stirke was not change last patch

the only thing that was changed was the reflect changes

ARGUMENTATION: Before, parry strike was an excellent abilitie and it made swords good against other weapons like bows, frost, fire, daggers, maces and axes. We could face all of them with this abilitie beacuse we could use it defensively and offensively. Now we can´t reflect neither Q, W, E of: daggers, axes, maces and bows because they are physical damage and the new "parry strike" just reflect magical damage. Now it´s very hard to face other weapons and dealing with them is kinda frustrating. It´s not fair because swords have been nerfed in the past already. Instead of that, you should rework useless abilities like "Hamstring", increase the damage of normal attacks, increase the speed of movement of the stacks and put the "parry strike" as it was! Please albion online, fighting with other meta weapons it´s very difficult now and swords aren´t good enough! they need a improvement!!

Bro since when it was changed to only reflect magic damage. Parry strike has always reflected ALL damage
      did you even read the spell description correctly?
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Hi , I didn’t play albion for the past 3 months because they nerfed my favourite weapon(swords), did thay make parry interruptible or something? It is interruptible by noise eraser
      Images
      • D90BA78F-3EA9-4AFE-ADD0-2340C5166851.jpeg

172.08 kB, 872×1,242, viewed 25 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Timur02 ().

• That´s not true, i tested it with some guys in a duel. For example, when fighting with other sword (both got physical damage), parry strike do not reflect the damage of a Q or other parry strike. When i tested with an axe i couldnt reflect the Q of a great axe. BEFORE: reflects ALL damage ---------> NOW: reflect the damage you take as magical damage. actually it´s a big change, cuz im a sword user and i want the old parry strike back
    • Swords need to be like before

I´m not the only one that think that the new change you did to the W swords abilitie "parry strike" is a great degradation on Albion. Swords were ok in pvp and that abilitie was such a very important help to all swords users, 'cause the swords need to resist the meta weapoms. But now you have changed that and now the swords haven't any oportunity to resist a fight. Please put it as it was and PLEASE improve swords. They´re the favorite weapon of a lot of people like me. We want the old W "parry strike" back and a improvement to all swords!
    • it´s interruptible if you dont press W in time. like there´s a tiny space of time (at the beginning) where it could be interrupted. but what i want to tell albion online in this post is to get the old parry strike back and reflect ALL DAMAGE again, also a improvement and a rework to swords in general.
    • I wouldn't hold my breathe. Retroman to buisy buffing axes to kingdom come.

Axes 3rd q is basically riven from league of legends.

- more mobility than swords

- more damage

- more sustain

- and now better utility.

Swords have zero strengths and a million weakness over other weapons.

As it stands now this entire weapon line is basicly a Dps "Support". I dont think any new player who is fresh off the boat who gets introduced this weapon to them in the tutorial, is thinking they want to be a melee support when they pick a sword as their weapon.

@Retroman Update the tutorial and start every new player off with a dagger or an axe.So when they decide to switch to a sword they understand they are now choosing to be a melee support.

Oh and please do something with kings maker ( Ava sword). I never thought you guys would make a new sword that perfectly personifies everything wrong with this weapon line and you some how did it in one weapon. Truly impressive. Its like youre doing it on purpose or something.