An idea for the next major update - The Arena Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• An idea for the next major update - The Arena Update

I feel like the arena in albion could be something amazing to play in, but currently its the most neglected thing in the game.
      The reward for winning is so small for a 15-30 min arena game, and you also need to win with the dps that assigned as the healer, the 4 tank 1 healer team or even with the guy that queued the game but went afk as soon at it started. And even when you find a good team, there is the ip gap advantage and you can get the reward only three times per day.

I think there should be more gamemods and way more rewards like non-tradable skins and a rating system, like in World Of Warcraft.
      Here are some ideas for new gamemods:
      1) Capture the flag: an amazing gamemod that is super easy to implement, just create a large map for a 20v20 game, with bases for each team.
      2)Battle royal: every player must queue naked and will be given the full destiny board when the game starts and it will be taken from him when the game ends. The players can queue as a solo, due or a 5 men team. Everyone will start in a random point and will have to loot chests around the map to get gear and mounts. Since the destiny board is fully unlocked, it could be a perfect chance for players to try non meta builds and weapons.

I hope sbi will listen to this very needed idea for arena. :thumbsup:
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

The only change that should be made to arena is to make it like a level 1 cgvg so people can actually use it to train for something remotely similar to 5v5 content.
      I hate to burst your bobble, but no one really cares about Crystals, Crystals beyond lvl 1 is too expensive for 99.9% of the players.
      I think we should keep arena as it is. but with better rewards, and the option to earn season points.
    • Sponik wrote:

The reward for winning is so small for a 15-30 min arena game

Disagree. This is a pvp event you can queue up in from safe zone and do not lose gear on death. Rewards should be minimal. I agree with someone up in the thread that said the reward shouldn't be capped at 3 a day. I think you should get a 'bonus' for your first win and then a 'regular' reward for every other win. OTOH, the 3 cap has an incentive for people to go do something else after a few arenas.

Sponik wrote:

2)Battle royal: every player must queue naked and will be given the full destiny board when the game starts and it will be taken from him when the game ends. The players can queue as a solo, due or a 5 men team. Everyone will start in a random point and will have to loot chests around the map to get gear and mounts. Since the destiny board is fully unlocked, it could be a perfect chance for players to try non meta builds and weapons.

This is called "Strangelands" on UO Outlands and would be AWESOME in Albion. Should do it twice a day (US and EU primetimes?).
    • There's an infinite amount of creative things they could do with the game in its current state. Just has to be done properly.

I'm never opposed to more content and different types.
      New Arena modes, maps, and a rating system would be pretty cool. People have already brought up the issue though of instanced non-loot pvp can only be so rewarding or it becomes broken. We kind of already have a full loot version of Arena with 5v5 HGs obviously not arena but still 5v5 full loot on an instanced map.
    • ViLEuo wrote:

There's an infinite amount of creative things they could do with the game in its current state. Just has to be done properly.

My issue with adding more to Arena is that dev time is finite, so more Arena stuff will come at a cost to other content. In a vacuum sure let's add all the features, but IMO Arena isn't important to the game as a whole.

My issue with adding more to Arena is that dev time is finite, so more Arena stuff will come at a cost to other content. In a vacuum sure let's add all the features, but IMO Arena isn't important to the game as a whole.
      Agree. There are already so many kinds of instanced PvP. I’d rather see more updates for the open world. Not opposed to a few tweaks... making the arena map similar to a crystal map for example.
      Hailz
    • paxprobellum wrote:

Sponik wrote:

The reward for winning is so small for a 15-30 min arena game
      Disagree. This is a pvp event you can queue up in from safe zone and do not lose gear on death. Rewards should be minimal. I agree with someone up in the thread that said the reward shouldn't be capped at 3 a day. I think you should get a 'bonus' for your first win and then a 'regular' reward for every other win. OTOH, the 3 cap has an incentive for people to go do something else after a few arenas.

Now you would not queue to an arena game even if you just want to have fun, its impossible to enjoy. Just think of the many possibilities SBI can take arena to, so many gamemods that are working in other MMO's. And listen, the reward isnt everything in albion, I just want content that is fun and easy to get. And the reward can be, as i said, non tradable skins that shows how "good you are in the arena" which will get ppl to play the new arena games

krazzer wrote:

Crystals beyond lvl 1 is too expensive for 99.9% of the players.
      A few sets of 4.1 gear is NOT "too expensive."
      They are too expensive.
      You need 5 sets pr person, 1 faction cape = ~ 100k x 5 = 500k, then u need all the artifacts i leave that advanced math for you to figure out.
      Then u also need all the tokens to enter the Crystals, food, potions etc etc.

And you know how it is, unless u follow the current meta, you are just gonna get deleted.
      On average thats 1m pr person to just enter Crystals level 2, i find that expensive, so personally i just stick to arenas.

ViLEuo wrote:

There's an infinite amount of creative things they could do with the game in its current state. Just has to be done properly.

I disagree, Arena needs some love.
      There are tons of players that play Arena every day, where as Open world, is monopolized by big guilds(BZ), and keeps the majority of the players to seek elsewhere for content.

The revamp of factions is a huge success, due to it being accessible by the majority of players, in none monopolized areas.
    • krazzer wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

ViLEuo wrote:

I disagree, Arena needs some love.There are tons of players that play Arena every day, where as Open world, is monopolized by big guilds(BZ), and keeps the majority of the players to seek elsewhere for content.

The revamp of factions is a huge success, due to it being accessible by the majority of players, in none monopolized areas.
      the arena in a game like albion has SO MUCH POTENTIOAL, its a shame to ignore and hate it. I dont want it to be the main thing is the next update but they could add it like they reworked the hg.
      add 2 new gamemodes and give non tradable skins and achievements so players can be proud about playing arena.
    • Yes! This is how I would approach it.

Create 6 new biome-related Arena maps to represent each Faction and have versus options as 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5.

Start with 3 different play styles.

'Reward' - The winning team gets an in-game reward similar to now.
      'To The Victor' - The winning team takes the other team's gear and the losing team is spat back out of the arena naked.
      'Bet' - The team puts up a wager similar to how duels work now. The winning team takes the silver.

Having the maps be similar, but also random, would add a lot of depth and variety. You don't need to be strict about it, you could even have the same maps with 6 different faction-related or biome-related "skins". I'd love it if they introduced different game styles, as well as capture the flag, such as pure Deathmatch and others.

You could add a range of different options. You could even add certain PVE elements like gladiator-style fights against Faction-related Gladiators or polar bears, boars, etc on chains, with pits and trial rounds where you have to survive against waves of enemies and elementals.

It would also be really cool if you could have a 'notice board' where you could select all of the different options for an arena fight and put up a contract and people could choose to join it. Similar to how you might set up an RT-strategy multiplayer game.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • The open word should always be the main game imo. Personally I don’t want Albion to become a lobby game with everyone filtering off to their preferred game modes.

If the problem with the open world is that it’s too monopolized then we need more updates like Call to Arms to drive content in the areas that aren’t monopolized (like RoA and RZ).
      Hailz
    • Why does it need to be one or the other? If it does, then I agree, the open-world should always be the main focus and it needs a massive amount more content added to it IMO. The idea that you can't have a cool comprehensive Arena battle system, sitting as one other option in a sandbox is a bit strange to me. Considering the amount of content that they could potentially add and update over the next year or two.... think big... in regards to all aspects of the game.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.

The post was edited 2 times, last by WHIT3ROS3 ().