Make Caerleon faction lethal everywhere.

    • Faction Warfare
    • Seriously, I thought that when Bandits captured a zone it would turn to black zone...


      That would make the players able to "vote" which content they really prefer? @Korn ? No?

      I mean Bandits can band-up and take over carebear zones and turn them BZ. Then Yellow Warriors need to manup and re-claim it if they want to keep living in relative peace..


      Lets see who really wants to play this game!
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?
    • Ravenar wrote:

      Seriously, I thought that when Bandits captured a zone it would turn to black zone...


      That would make the players able to "vote" which content they really prefer? @Korn ? No?

      I mean Bandits can band-up and take over carebear zones and turn them BZ. Then Yellow Warriors need to manup and re-claim it if they want to keep living in relative peace..


      Lets see who really wants to play this game!
      Aren't the real carebears, in this case, the people who flag Caerleon, yet want to fight noobs in yellow and blue zones?? Lmao. Kinda ironic that these supposed PvP chads are not even brave enough to fight other real PvPers. It sounds like they just want easy noob kills and not really actual content, haha.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

      Subj.
      Make Caerleon faction to be able to full loot kill and full loot die versus any other faction in yellow and blue zones.
      lol?

      Why would you think this is a good idea?

      No one would want to go out, because out of the blue a sub-blob group of Caerleon comes and bomb you on a boss, or gate, or anywhere, and your dead.

      If a zone is safe, it's safe, end of story, to try and put something like this into the game won't end well and will shift the entire dynamic of the current faction scene in blue/yellow
    • gmatagmis wrote:

      Subj.
      Make Caerleon faction to be able to full loot kill and full loot die versus any other faction in yellow and blue zones.
      You might as well ask the devs to revert to full-loot full-kill Faction Warfare rules across the Royals.

      Good luck convincing them to revert the change that brought about probably the biggest increase in traffic on the Royal Continent to date. Nevermind the sinking gold price.
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...
    • Oh yes, I do remember, I did faction flag back then and died a few times, too.

      While we're at remembering: do you remember how many people were active in FW content back then? To make this easier, don't count those who just fame farmed or gathered in starter zones. I mean serious attempts at taking outposts.
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...
    • Ravenar wrote:

      Seriously, I thought that when Bandits captured a zone it would turn to black zone...


      That would make the players able to "vote" which content they really prefer? @Korn ? No?

      I mean Bandits can band-up and take over carebear zones and turn them BZ. Then Yellow Warriors need to manup and re-claim it if they want to keep living in relative peace..


      Lets see who really wants to play this game!
      That would kill off 96% of player base after Arch or other big alliance stomp and take over all zones into full loot zones
    • Dandylion wrote:

      Ravenar wrote:

      Seriously, I thought that when Bandits captured a zone it would turn to black zone...


      That would make the players able to "vote" which content they really prefer? @Korn ? No?

      I mean Bandits can band-up and take over carebear zones and turn them BZ. Then Yellow Warriors need to manup and re-claim it if they want to keep living in relative peace..


      Lets see who really wants to play this game!
      That would kill off 96% of player base after Arch or other big alliance stomp and take over all zones into full loot zones
      If it really is 96% of player base... would they not stop even Arch?
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?
    • Ravenar wrote:

      Dandylion wrote:

      Ravenar wrote:

      Seriously, I thought that when Bandits captured a zone it would turn to black zone...


      That would make the players able to "vote" which content they really prefer? @Korn ? No?

      I mean Bandits can band-up and take over carebear zones and turn them BZ. Then Yellow Warriors need to manup and re-claim it if they want to keep living in relative peace..


      Lets see who really wants to play this game!
      That would kill off 96% of player base after Arch or other big alliance stomp and take over all zones into full loot zones
      If it really is 96% of player base... would they not stop even Arch?
      Let me attempt to clarify:
      1. Arch would kill off 96% of the remaining player base in their quest to conquer all Royals for themselves.
      2. 96% of the Arch themslves would quit the game because they would have no one to gank in the Royals turned into one big Arch preserve ;)
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...
    • Alysandra wrote:

      gmatagmis wrote:

      Subj.
      Make Caerleon faction to be able to full loot kill and full loot die versus any other faction in yellow and blue zones.
      lol?
      Why would you think this is a good idea?

      No one would want to go out, because out of the blue a sub-blob group of Caerleon comes and bomb you on a boss, or gate, or anywhere, and your dead.

      If a zone is safe, it's safe, end of story, to try and put something like this into the game won't end well and will shift the entire dynamic of the current faction scene in blue/yellow

      I don't speak for AO but know that there is others MMO that use this kind of security mechanics that make a map safer or more dangerous depending on what happened on the map, and this work pretty well and IMO this kind of content for the whole redzone could be really interesting.

      Obviously it would need a smart balancing work, maybe by making possible to turn every red zone into yellow, but change some yellow maps to red and change the other yellow into blue.

      Blue : Always 100% SAFE
      Yellow : 100% SAFE / Can be turned into red
      Red : Full loot

      Create a mechanic that allow players from faction to change safe level of the map when it is owned by the same faction. Caerleon players could not do this, they turn every map they get in red. And maybe we can add the bandit mechanic that would randomly make some maps of this new yellow/red zone go black.

      All this would make the whole central area of the royal zone (actual red zone but maybe a bit larger) a conquerable zone, for the faction points, for gank, for those who want to make safe roads between cities...

      The post was edited 1 time, last by TeckTeck ().

    • TeckTeck wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      gmatagmis wrote:

      Subj.
      Make Caerleon faction to be able to full loot kill and full loot die versus any other faction in yellow and blue zones.
      lol?Why would you think this is a good idea?

      No one would want to go out, because out of the blue a sub-blob group of Caerleon comes and bomb you on a boss, or gate, or anywhere, and your dead.

      If a zone is safe, it's safe, end of story, to try and put something like this into the game won't end well and will shift the entire dynamic of the current faction scene in blue/yellow
      I don't speak for AO but know that there is others MMO that use this kind of security mechanics that make a map safer or more dangerous depending on what happened on the map, and this work pretty well and IMO this kind of content for the whole redzone could be really interesting.

      Obviously it would need a smart balancing work, maybe by making possible to turn every red zone into yellow, but change some yellow maps to red and change the other yellow into blue.

      Blue : Always 100% SAFE
      Yellow : 100% SAFE / Can be turned into red
      Red : Full loot

      Create a mechanic that allow players from faction to change safe level of the map when it is owned by the same faction. Caerleon players could not do this, they turn every map they get in red. And maybe we can add the bandit mechanic that would randomly make some maps of this new yellow/red zone go black.

      All this would make the whole central area of the royal zone (actual red zone but maybe a bit larger) a conquerable zone, for the faction points, for gank, for those who want to make safe roads between cities...
      Whoo boy... from the looks of it, you're talking about introducing an entirely new safety system for the Royals. IMHO there would have to be much more to it than the simple "whoever controls the zone decides the safety" rule. To be honest, this rule already exists (with various levels of enforcement) - in the Outlands.
      You said there are other MMOs with similar mechanics... care to provide examples? At least we'd be able to look at them and see where you're heading.
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...
    • @Loucipher

      I was thinking about EVE Online. I think an old Warhammer MMO had this too but don't even remember the name sorry.

      In EVE the security status (1.0 to -1.0) of a map define a lot of mechanics on this map, and is modified by players actions. That change thing like police response time (deadly npc that kill PK in high sec map), the price and taxes of things, the quality of ressources on this map, etc... I am not sure about what make the sec level go up but things likes player kill or grief make the sec level go down.

      But even with EVE as example this is not the exact same mechanic that I want in AO and that is clearly not what I writed before.

      Sounds cool IMO, to have some always safe zone, always unsafe, and as midlle you got plenty of map that can be safe or not depend on players. Just think about how it could boost the royal openworld, you could still do the faction warfare thing but you also have more interesting PvP content, also you can make maps safe so that make safe and interesting roads in the actual redzone. Haulers would use and use it, some would defend it, some would look for gank etc...

      IMO this could be such a good openworld improve, only for royal ok, but still openworld improve

      - EDIT : Don't want to straight copy on EVE but there is plenty of good idea on this space opera MMO that could fit for a medieval fantasy MMO and even be better with this universe. For those who know EVE just think about invasion mechanic :P

      The post was edited 1 time, last by TeckTeck ().