What's the point of non-lethal hellgates?

• What's the point of non-lethal hellgates?

Hi, i just wanted to share a few comments about new HG system.

As for now there are only 2 systems to fight in the hellgates - lethal and non-lethal.

We have tried with my friends to play 10v10 yesterday on a non-lethal system and:
      1. It took much time to find any opponent
      2. Loot was broken (120k purple chest for the whole party and 1mln from legendary chest for the whole party) which leaves 12k/person from the purple and 100k per person from the legendary.

It just feels it is so pointless because people simply won't play that due to this loot and 0 fun because of non-lethal gameplay. Since i started playing albion i thought it it as a hard game due to the possibility to die on almost every step. Now, because of fraction warfare and the non-lethal system introduced there is almost no way you can die on the royal continent.

I was also wondering why even creating non-lethal system. If we want to play lethal 10v10 we must gear 8.1 items whereas there are people going in 8.3 killing everything. So the thershold to enter is really high and only veterans will be able to play that...

Even before people were not attending yellow 5v5 hellgates so often so why someone really thinks that people will attend non-lethal 5v5/10v10 hellgates? Around week and there will be seriously no-one playing that.

We enjoyed previous 5v5 yellow hellgates because we could have fun and risk dying but the rewards and loot from the players was worth it. New system gives us nothing and it really strikes most in the middle-players who really wanted something easier then one type of hellgates where you can meet the best players in albion. Hellgates should have the same level as corrupted dungeons so at least people that don't want to fight in the best gear can also participate in this new update.

Not mentioning this nonsense idea with spawning a map 3 maps from your location, that's seriously pathetic since there is so much time wasted to just start this hellgate then farm the mobs and then MAYBE have a fight.

I was really excited about this new hellgate update but i am nothing but disappointed.
    • Well you can't imagine it but people do use it. Just not that many. So leave it at that. It's an option. It won't cry if no one plays it but it's good to have it there just in case.

Same can be said for 10v10 lethal hellgates. I'm pretty sure 10 man hellgate groups will be very few in the game at present and it will take some time before you'll get fights especially with the current high ip cap (at least for some people).
      You're most definitely pronouncing my nick wrong... wait till you see my real name tho.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Someky ().

• ViLEuo wrote:

Definitely agree they should make hunter/stalker/slayer levels like CDG.
      That would a possibility except CDs aren't hellgates for a couple of reasons.

Hellgates are purely for PVP, clearly stated by devs and the mechanics further prove that it is purely for pvp
      Corrupted Dungeons are an equal mix of pve and pvp, accessible to pve players, pvp players and people who like a bit of both (wait you're saying ratting CDs is actually legitimate? Yes). This has been clearly stated by devs and the mechanics also further prove that it's not purely pvp.

The mechanics in hellgates I'm suspecting you like are most definitely going to shift the balance of CDs to the pvp aspect more than the pvp, making it more accessible to pvp players and less enjoyable for pve players. That's just not going to happen.

I've been saying for a long time that I feel they should just make a 1v1 game mode that is purely for pvp so this toxic pvper vs rat debate just ends but it seems SBI prefers CDs as they are. Probably because making thst will make a divide between pvp and pve content that would make it seem like the game is separated into two worlds of players. The current CDs make it so that pve is never really free from pvp and vice versa. Which is fine... It's their game. I'd just say enjoy the hellgates and pray for a future 1v1 hellgate.
      You're most definitely pronouncing my nick wrong... wait till you see my real name tho.
    • dawd wrote:

i feel like there making HG into a pve oriented though. The content is good now but once the hype dies down it's going to be a dead content. It was hard finding a fight before and running around clearing the new Hellgates is even worse than before.
      Yeah the hype will Def go down. But more for the higher number modes. 2v2s look like they'll still last long. 5v5s much less. 10v10s will hardly find matchups and that's not the game's fault. Not many 10 teams exist at the moment and it will get worse once the hype goes down.

But just imagine if there was no pve involved at all... You'll just be standing in an empty room waiting for hours for a match up. That's why the pve was added. It was even mentioned in the devtalk. To occupy players even if they don't have matchups so they're "having fun regardless". Unfortunately not many people share the dude's idea of "fun" lol.
    • Someky wrote:

Yeah the hype will Def go down. But more for the higher number modes. 2v2s look like they'll still last long. 5v5s much less. 10v10s will hardly find matchups and that's not the game's fault. Not many 10 teams exist at the moment and it will get worse once the hype goes down.
      But just imagine if there was no pve involved at all... You'll just be standing in an empty room waiting for hours for a match up. That's why the pve was added. It was even mentioned in the devtalk. To occupy players even if they don't have matchups so they're "having fun regardless". Unfortunately not many people share the dude's idea of "fun" lol.
      I think there is too much pve now.
      The old system was better IMO. A lot of people I played w/ before patch also agree.
      The non-lethal kinda meh too. It was a separate system before for yellow and red 5v5 now everything is either you die w/ high gear or you dont.
      Dead content before was at least tolerable w/ less mobs and okay fame for killing them. Now It will take forever to clear the whole map.
      I guess people just enjoy the pve but we already have a lot of pve content why turn this into a pve content as well.
      We already have corrupted's if you want to mindlessly run around to kill mobs. Maybe the crystal teams are happy though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • dawd wrote:

Someky wrote:

I think there is too much pve now.The old system was better IMO. A lot of people I played w/ before patch also agree.
      The non-lethal kinda meh too. It was a separate system before for yellow and red 5v5 now everything is either you die w/ high gear or you dont.
      Dead content before was at least tolerable w/ less mobs and okay fame for killing them. Now It will take forever to clear the whole map.
      I guess people just enjoy the pve but we already have a lot of pve content why turn this into a pve content as well.
      We already have corrupted's if you want to mindlessly run around to kill mobs. Maybe the crystal teams are happy though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      I'll put it this way. SBI didn't intentionally make it more pve content. The reason it feels more pve oriented to most hellgateers is simply because you're not getting enough matches to make it feel more pvp than pve. If nobody is playing then you're stuck with pve. So it's not SBI's fault. Just player apathy.
      Also the new base ip cap has removed most of the players that fluffed up the hellgate numbers in the past (the 4.1 inters).

Going from what I've seen it seems more hellgateers like the new Hellgates which would mean more players than before which has proven itself through the frequent instant pvp encounters I've noticed on multiple Albion streamers' streams.

If this same apathy was in the old hellgates it would be even more boring because you won't get a fight, and you're left with very trash tier pve to occupy the time. At least now the pve that occupies time looks a lot better.

You can't get consistent pvp content. Remember the availability of your content depends not on SBI but on other players' willingness to provide you content as your opponents. If they aren't willing then you're going to be stuck with filler PVE. Can't have SBI create player opponents out of nothing you know.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Someky ().

• I think if they rework arenas so that each team 1v1, 2v2, 5v5 and 10v10 can select an amount of silver to "bet" on the outcome in a similar way to duels. The winning team could also get additional bonuses for things like double kills, group claps, holding territory, most assists as well as individual goals that people would get small rewards for. etc.
      It would be nice to be able to play in top-tier PVP games but not lose literally millions on death. I really think that the arenas are an underused aspect of the game. This means that PVP players don't need to roam around endlessly to get a fight and can put their money where their mouth is in terms of risk/reward.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.