Faction points for daily reward

• Faction points for daily reward

What is the fastest way to get to daily reward? Group up and take outposts? Kill enemies as solo player? It seems really hard to fill the daily reward progress bar (but maybe I'm doing something wrong). Looking forward to your suggestions, thanks!
    • The consensus seems to be that you need a large group taking whole zones. But regardless, it's nothing like the PvE daily book reward. I think they really need to tune the system a bit to reward more points, or to lower the daily bar. I like faction fights, but I'm not going to sit on the outpost zerg merry-go-round for hours, where the reds are all dead by the time you arrive and you spend your time watching a circle turn green before charging off to the next circle.
      Loyal Spearman of Lymhurst
    • I spent 3-4 hours last night on that Outpost Merry-go-round and only had about 300 points to show for it. Must be missing something!

I have noticed that every so often there is a message in the log that says you have got extra points for "defending your territory" but I can't work out how often they appear or what triggers them

The post was edited 2 times, last by DovisUK ().

• DovisUK wrote:

I spent 3-4 hours last night on that Outpost Merry-go-round and only had about 300 points to show for it. Must be missing something!

I have noticed that every so often there is a message in the log that says you have got extra points for "defending your territory" but I can't work out how often they appear or what triggers them
      I tried to figure out how the points works and it is confusing...
    • About the kills / KO's They are based on your contribution in the fight and also you need to check what map / zone are more valuable.

Taking consective zones will optmize your points and you can see it next to your character.

And while the zone you conquest still belongs to your city and you contributed to conquest them they will give you points passively while you still online and the zone belongs to your city.

Now about how to farm points: In small groups you will get more points because there will be lass people to share the contribution but and you don't need to be in a party to get the same amount of points for a contribution but being in a party of course is better for a better cordination and efficiency in the fights. Making you still move alive and optimizing your time in the content and making you get more points naturally.

So basically you just needs to play and do your best. I already made 72k points as Tank with no party.
      Why and how? As Camlann everything i need to do is participate in all knocked downs and help my city to win the fight.
      Go for the outspots in zones that have more stars/more valuable to go for.
      Also says to your party do the best to keep this cluster still belongs to your city so you will keep reching points passivly while this cluster still belongs to you because you helped your city to take it.

That's what i understood so far about the content.
      Any dev or mod that knows better should correct me please.
    • DovisUK wrote:

I spent 3-4 hours last night on that Outpost Merry-go-round and only had about 300 points to show for it. Must be missing something!

Only taking outspots with no other cities coming to defend won't give you much points.
      Specially if you team do not take all the outspots in the area to domain the cluster to make you rechieve the points passively while this cluster still belongs to your city and you contributed to that happen.

You need to go to where the big fights are happening and make a huge contribution for the victory so you will make more points while figting than taking empety outstops itself.
      Also single target weapons are not good since it's basically ZvZ content and you need to be relevant in the fight.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GokuBlackBR ().

• GokuBlackBR wrote:

About the kills / KO's They are based on your contribution in the fight and also you need to check what map / zone are more valuable.

Taking consective zones will optmize your points and you can see it next to your character.

And while the zone you conquest still belongs to your city and you contributed to conquest them they will give you points passively while you still online and the zone belongs to your city.

Now about how to farm points: In small groups you will get more points because there will be lass people to share the contribution but and you don't need to be in a party to get the same amount of points for a contribution but being in a party of course is better for a better cordination and efficiency in the fights. Making you still move alive and optimizing your time in the content and making you get more points naturally.

So basically you just needs to play and do your best. I already made 72k points as Tank with no party.
      Why and how? As Camlann everything i need to do is participate in all knocked downs and help my city to win the fight.
      Also says to your party do the best to keep this cluster still belongs to your city so you will keep reching points passivly while this cluster still belongs to you because you helped your city to take it.

Were you mostly in red zones during your 72k point campaign?
    • From my experience the best way to earn fast points is to do the bandits

* Join blob and go around getting outposts
      * Don't waste your time waiting till an area is conquered unless you had really good contributions on that map, just stay with the blob.
      * Don't die

The REAL reward comes after the bandits event ends. I think you need to survive the whole ordeal tho so be careful (can't really confirm this so don't quote me).

This way I usually get around 12k total faction points on a good run at the end. Should be around 7 or 8k towards the daily reward.

Of course the value of the conquered maps does matter so the rewards fluctuate a lot.

I also don't know the impact of your faction "winning" the event. As in how rewards are calculated.

PD: Running 4.1 sets so this is with pretty crappy damage

Cheers!
    • Just as a side-note, faction points earned through premium have not been getting counted towards the Daily/Weekly Rewards, and certain activities have not been getting the correct faction point values applied. These have been fixed in the upcoming patch:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Faction Points acquired by killing mobs, gathering, or fishing are now affected by modifiers (zone type, etc.) as intended
      • Faction Points earned via Premium now count toward Daily/Weekly Faction Campaign rewards as intended

• Well, before the update we had standing and points, but they had a formula. No matter of the rank u would get lets say 50 standing per mob, while with points you could always see the bonus and would get depending on the rank +0.05% bonus per rank. You could see every ranks bonus. Atm we don't know batshit about these new ranks. I fear that they will only give the ability to buy those higher tier items, but what about the last ranks? If they give noting, then we have a problem with the standing bonus. The bonus is purely for standing. It does not count towards the chests progress. So you see how useless the daily bonus can be beyond the ranks that give the t8 items. For what I've seen they've nerfed the pvp or rather the outpost part and made it some random toto 6/49 bullshit. For example for a mostly solo kill(some dude got 2 hits in to help) I got 0.005 pts and for casting a single E in a fight that hit like 5 ppl got 200 pts. Killing in a dng does not give any pts, standing or progress. Standing in outpost and and pvp is some even more random bs. It says +100 pts and standing goes for like 10. Soo, so far we have 3 units for faction pts. 1st we have the faction pts for buying items. 2nd we have the standing. 3rd we have the montly progress. Why are these 3 different and have no direct correlation? Hell if I know or anyone else.
    • Veetus wrote:

GokuBlackBR wrote:

About the kills / KO's They are based on your contribution in the fight and also you need to check what map / zone are more valuable.

Were you mostly in red zones during your 72k point campaign?
      Only in Yellow and Blue zones.
    • SHARKY wrote:

Just as a side-note, faction points earned through premium have not been getting counted towards the Daily/Weekly Rewards, and certain activities have not been getting the correct faction point values applied. These have been fixed in the upcoming patch:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Faction Points acquired by killing mobs, gathering, or fishing are now affected by modifiers (zone type, etc.) as intended
      • Faction Points earned via Premium now count toward Daily/Weekly Faction Campaign rewards as intended

This should solve most/all of our problems in this thread.

When's the patch due to hit?