The Call to Arms Update is Here

• The Call to Arms Update is Here

The Call to Arms update is here! To mark the occasion, we've created a brand-new trailer:

Read all about it on the official update page: albiononline.com/en/update/call-to-arms

Read the full patchnotes: albiononline.com/en/changelog/CALL%20TO%20ARMS%20UPDATE

See a list of Albion streamers and content creators featuring Call to Arms content on their channels: Content creators showcasing Call to Arms
    • Are you going to add the lore of the royal continent's factions? It would be good to know the motivations of each faction, to really feel that we belong to something. a little story on the game page, a chat with the npc faction.

P.D Make the cities as big as they fell, there will be many new players:

well done overall with team albion trailer!! :thumbsup:
    • Uriah wrote:

And it would be so easy to implement. A system of fair PvP which allowed fair combat, penalties for death etc. Simply make it that a player flagged as a "non-prey" cannot be attacked by more than more than one person, and that person cannot wear combat gear more than an average one level better than the target. Fair fights, a chance to play without being slaughtered. All the guild warfare etc could still take place, no change except that those who don't want to be annoyed don't have to be. Every player could choose - what could be fairer?
      Ask friend to flag up and attack you - you are completely invulnerable to the cruel world, gg, nice design.

If you will think a bit more about system you will realize that the current system is pretty complex and balanced, even with some problems there. If you think that ganging someone is 10-years old kids playstyle - try it by yourself, guess you will change your mind, thats very deep and interesting system. The game is not about being good for all players, but about finding goals and achieving it. To kill someone is just one of many ways to achieve that goals.
    • Rokov wrote:

Uriah wrote:

And it would be so easy to implement. A system of fair PvP which allowed fair combat, penalties for death etc. Simply make it that a player flagged as a "non-prey" cannot be attacked by more than more than one person, and that person cannot wear combat gear more than an average one level better than the target. Fair fights, a chance to play without being slaughtered. All the guild warfare etc could still take place, no change except that those who don't want to be annoyed don't have to be. Every player could choose - what could be fairer?
      Ask friend to flag up and attack you - you are completely invulnerable to the cruel world, gg, nice design.

If you will think a bit more about system you will realize that the current system is pretty complex and balanced, even with some problems there. If you think that ganging someone is 10-years old kids playstyle - try it by yourself, guess you will change your mind, thats very deep and interesting system. The game is not about being good for all players, but about finding goals and achieving it. To kill someone is just one of many ways to achieve that goals.
      Hmm - my original post disappeared - suppose mentioning another game that is booming and offers non-PvP players fun was a bit much. But I fail to see how getting five or six people to hang around an exit or a bottleneck (kindly provided for you) is a "deep and interesting" system. About as deep and interesting as tic-tact-toe. Get a group together, wait for single player, preferably loaded with stuff they have spent hours collecting. Hit them with everything you have got, loot. No risk, all gain. If their mount somehow survives or they try to run, have someone standing near the only way out to block the way.

I agree that the game is not about being good for all players - so why should those for whom it is no good pay or waste time playing it? It is a game that promotes itself as PvP but is really about ganking.

BTW - what do you find wrong about invulnerable? Gankers are invulnerable to the gatherers they slaughter - do you think that should change? Do you not think it a bit odd that a game should reward a player not for beating a Boss but for hanging around and murdering the half dead player who did? I got sick of sitting in dungeons while gankers waited for me to do the work. So content is unavailable to me. Why make content that is only available to players who play a particular way?

Don't worry though - having heaps more fun now.
    • Uriah wrote:

Rokov wrote:

Uriah wrote:

Hmm - my original post disappeared - suppose mentioning another game that is booming and offers non-PvP players fun was a bit much. But I fail to see how getting five or six people to hang around an exit or a bottleneck (kindly provided for you) is a "deep and interesting" system. About as deep and interesting as tic-tact-toe. Get a group together, wait for single player, preferably loaded with stuff they have spent hours collecting. Hit them with everything you have got, loot. No risk, all gain. If their mount somehow survives or they try to run, have someone standing near the only way out to block the way.
      I agree that the game is not about being good for all players - so why should those for whom it is no good pay or waste time playing it? It is a game that promotes itself as PvP but is really about ganking.

BTW - what do you find wrong about invulnerable? Gankers are invulnerable to the gatherers they slaughter - do you think that should change? Do you not think it a bit odd that a game should reward a player not for beating a Boss but for hanging around and murdering the half dead player who did? I got sick of sitting in dungeons while gankers waited for me to do the work. So content is unavailable to me. Why make content that is only available to players who play a particular way?

Don't worry though - having heaps more fun now.
      If you think that ganking is that easy - try it by yourself. You will find that there are a lot of other hunters, which will try to kill your group. Also, you can try that even solo, without grouping with someone and you will catch same problems.
      You can imagine albion as wild nature ecosystem, where are some animals, predators, plants and other elemets. Every element needed, if you remove one aspect - other will die from natural reasons. Gankers and pvp as system is very needed for healthy economic and for "only pve players" a lot more, than they think.
    • So has anyone else noticed that they destroyed our ability to fish for deadwater eels?

Every single T7 or higher forest biome zone has had all the water removed from its edges all the way around the zone, leaving just a few sparse puddles here and there. And no mention was made of this anywhere in the update notes as far as I can tell.

Every forest biome zone that is T6 or lower (Can't catch T7 eels there) is still the same as they have always been. Only the zones with Deadwater eels have been destroyed.

Really appreciate SBI taking care of anyone who likes to do anything but kill :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Koolaidius ().