Why do hellgates even need an open world entrance?

• Hellgates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why do hellgates even need an open world entrance?

The focus of Hellgates is the content inside it, not the risk heading to or from said content. Hellgates (and corrupted dungeons for that matter) should be a queue like arenas, being able to create a group with people wherever they are cuts down on travel and setup time which is the bane of anyone trying to do content with more than one person. Legit it can take over an hour to get people together for 5 man content. It would improve the QoL for so many of us if you could just form a group and queue. Yes, it would remove the "risk" of being ganked going to and from your hellgate in hostile zones but one area of content shouldn't suffer to bluster another, getting people out into dangerous areas of the open world should be done by improving the open world not hindering Hellgate content.
    • Reef wrote:

And what about HCE?
      As the name suggests, it's for people enjoying ridiculously hard PvE. If they add the risk of PvP into it, they'll have to reduce PvE difficulty, which completely against the point.

On that note, a leaderboard for HCE clearing time would be nice.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Reef wrote:

HG is for people enjoying ridiculously hard PvP. Let them dont spend time to stupid horse riding
      No commend about the mount simulator for the new HG.

As for open world HG entrance. I think it's all good, as I've always enjoy fighting people outside the gate as much as people inside.

With the new HG spawned randomly instead of fix spot like before. I fear no one would gank around them any more, which is a shame. I, together with my partner, have always had tons of fun fighting back gank group during our HG runs.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Hattenhair wrote:

The 4 zone search radius is ridiculous nevertheless.
      If it's too far just open a different one, most of them are within 1 or 2 map. Use as many as you want until you get a gate close to you.
      Is mostly okay for lethal gates as the travel time is supposed to introduce a layer of danger, since, you know, OW sandbox.
      It is not okay for non-lethal gates as the yellow zones negate all risk by travel which only makes it a meaningless chore.

2-4 search radius for lethal gates, and 1-2 for non-lethals at most.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?