NDA Balance - OH Frost E Ability Nerf

• NDA Balance - OH Frost E Ability Nerf

Hey. This post is related to the newly released NDA Balance Patch for season 12, or in more detail, this:

Freezing Wind (one-handed Frost Staff)
      • The area size is slightly increased
      • Getting hit by the area doesn't root instantly anymore, but instead applies 3 cc stacks in quick succession.
        • Stacks: 1 / 2 / 3
        • Effect: Slows by 33% / Slows by 66% / Roots by 2.5
      Me and my friend Hinerman have been duo ganking for quite some time now. Compared to ganking in a bigger party, duo ganking is quite hard and takes time to learn. If you miss one ability or do any missplay you may lose your kill. That being said, ganking in a smaller group has continously been nerfed by patches for years. Cleanse on demount has been added, more safe zones have been implemented (HO, roads, portal buffs, portal shield.), and it has become harder to duo gank, however it has still been working out really well, untill I saw this balance patch. The OH frost not being able to insta root mounts will be making it pretty much impossible to duo static gank people who have their eyes open. It will also further promote ganking with brainless, 10+ man partys, like we have seen with all the other nerfs to ganking. It is sad to see, for us two being hardcore gankers, since I consider it being the core of fun that we have had in this game through the years. With this post I simply want to protest against this change, since I see so many people complain about ganking on the forumn and on reddit, I want to oppose them and for us hardcore gankers to be seen.
    • iRawn wrote:

I gotta be honest, I 2 man gank a bunch while looking for fights and none of us are frost and it works fine.
      Well, I don't really know what your skill level is, nor do I know about your experience in the game, however, in order to get very Juicy kills, and to reach top level of kill value per week, like me and my friend, you practically need a OH frost catch in the party, especially if you're two man ganking. What you're talking about probably works fine in lower skill levels, but not if you want to enjoy the endgame so to speak.
    • I may be saying something not veridic, but this, to me, sounds like a buff.

You basically got 2 more rounds of CC, and STILL applies the root.

Unless it's really poorly explained it looks to me that a single OH Frost will use E, apply a 33% slow, then some instants later 66% slow, AND THEN apply the current root... this means you got two rounds of extra slow.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

I may be saying something not veridic, but this, to me, sounds like a buff.

Unless it's really poorly explained it looks to me that a single OH Frost will use E, apply a 33% slow, then some instants later 66% slow, AND THEN apply the current root... this means you got two rounds of extra slow.
      You are so so very lost my friend. This is not how it will work.... and it is a huge nerf.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

I may be saying something not veridic, but this, to me, sounds like a buff.

Well that might sound good in theory if you're something like a CD player, but for us gankers you simply rely on the instaroot in order to catch people. Especially if you gank two man with no other cc that might help actually apply the root. This rework will make it so that the e won't be able to root, or catch, mounted targets, which is the main use of the one handed frost staff.
    • iRawn wrote:

We do alright, we go out looking for fights but will gank transports all the time. catching gathers on boars with courier etc etc. I'm currently using a grailseeker and Good positioning hunter -> stun run + T6-8 posion pot works really well.
      Again, it aint that hard to do alright. What I mean is, they are fucking up us actaul gankers with this nerf to frost. You can obviously still use substitute weapons, but that is all they are: substitutes.
    • I think it's pretty obvious the developers have decided to limit/get rid nonconsensual pvp as much as possible...to a degree I get it because the people who actually enjoy this are a niche part of the community and for the rest it's very frustrating and causes a lot of people to quit the game.
      I am saddened by this choice to move in this direction though because this game was supposed to be catering to a niche group of people who wanted full loot pvp open world sandbox pvp. They've made a business decision and decided long term for the health of the game they need to limit this and cater more towards a broader demographic of players.
      If there's only a bunch of wolves and zero sheeps nobody will have fun.
      The people they originally created this game for aren't the people they care about anymore, period.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ViLEuo ().

• Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Friendly reminder to all whiny carebears: the more you nerf ganking the bigger the gank squad that ganks you will be.
      ganking is dead not cuz of nerfs but the dumb hideouts..
      before queen you had people everywhere.. even as gankers you had to watch out at gate campers.. and famefarmers.. everyone was faming in groups 10+ ready to dive and fight. now in hideouts meta ganking sucks.. you need 3000 people to kill 1 person, every single noob can run half zone to hideout.
      and that nerf actually is not nerf, frost will be stronger in ganking but shiter in CD.
      simple example of tag + 33/66% + Q slow, rip sterling cape.

The post was edited 1 time, last by UNFM ().

• teopower89 wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Friendly reminder to all whiny carebears: the more you nerf ganking the bigger the gank squad that ganks you will be.
      Why when gankers complain it's legitimate but when it's literally everyone else they are just whining?
      Oh I don't know, Gankers raise an issue and continue to raise issues on the Projected path the devs are taking.

Whiners: Whining about Gankers CONSTANTLY... Even while changes are happening that make it harder for gankers

Gankers: Complaining that too many nerfs to ganking. and thus rolling out in larger groups to secure the kills.

Whiners: Whining that Gank groups are getting larger and CC is never-ending till you die.

SBI: Most likely will add more shit to help mitigate the ganking effect which increases the gank size again.

Future: 100+ Man Gank groups completely locking down an entire zone in a grid pattern to catch and kill anything in the entire zone.

Whiners: WHINE SOME MORE

SBI: Becomes PVE Game
    • UNFM wrote:

ganking is dead not cuz of nerfs but the dumb hideouts..before queen you had people everywhere.. even as gankers you had to watch out at gate campers.. and famefarmers.. everyone was faming in groups 10+ ready to dive and fight. now in hideouts meta ganking sucks.. you need 3000 people to kill 1 person, every single noob can run half zone to hideout.
      and that nerf actually is not nerf, frost will be stronger in ganking but shiter in CD.
      Please don't talk on subjects you clearly don't understand. The E is a nerf which is pretending or projected to be a buff.. Its not, If you haven't ganked, SOLO, DUO, Small Scale PVP simply don't comment and don't provide an opinion that has no factual data behind it.

Yes, The SLOW addition is a buff but its 100% completely screws the mechanics of the weapon for Ganking, Mitigating damage, Locking down opponents and interrupting jumps.

Instead of SBI FIXING how certain Skills E Interact with 1h Frost E and W...They just nerf more weapon.
    • Rainphase wrote:

UNFM wrote:

ganking is dead not cuz of nerfs but the dumb hideouts..before queen you had people everywhere.. even as gankers you had to watch out at gate campers.. and famefarmers.. everyone was faming in groups 10+ ready to dive and fight. now in hideouts meta ganking sucks.. you need 3000 people to kill 1 person, every single noob can run half zone to hideout.and that nerf actually is not nerf, frost will be stronger in ganking but shiter in CD.
      Please don't talk on subjects you clearly don't understand. The E is a nerf which is pretending or projected to be a buff.. Its not, If you haven't ganked, SOLO, DUO, Small Scale PVP simply don't comment and don't provide an opinion that has no factual data behind it.
      Yes, The SLOW addition is a buff but its 100% completely screws the mechanics of the weapon for Ganking, Mitigating damage, Locking down opponents and interrupting jumps.

Instead of SBI FIXING how certain Skills E Interact with 1h Frost E and W...They just nerf more weapon.
      this is buf for frost users what u cant understand..