Removal of another Gank Weapon

    • Removal of another Gank Weapon

      With the upcoming potential changes to Frost Staff (1 handed).

      Currently There are Only 4 weapons that Can Dismount and catch someone that is running on their mount, granted to do this effectively you would need to land your skill shots and wait for the person to get hit by a mob to be slowed so you cannot be juked.

      These 4 weapons Were 1h Frost Staff, Bear Paws, Bloodletter, Double Bladed.

      With the change to Frost 1h It will be removed from this list as 33% slow 66% slow and then root (which is negated by fort sterling cape) the enemy will be too far away for you to successfully dismount them.

      The only real change we will start seeing is less and less Solo and small man gank groups and more Large man gank groups as many are not very skilled so they will need many to lockdown a zone and already be dismounted waiting for people to run into them.. Another gank method.

      The series of changes over my playtime in this game has made it easier for people to escape non-consensual pvp situations which gradually increases the size of the gank groups in order to successfully gank people.

      Several things can be done to offset this imbalance in the wrong direction again.

      1.) Increased mob density and increased aggro range / initial hit speed. (((Far too often do I find myself running after someone through a zone to not see a single monster that can hit them (not road running))))
      2.) Roaming mobs, Mobs that move around and do not have a STATIC start spot. (this will add some uniqueness and less mundane routes thru the lands of albion.
      3.) Addition of mobility skills to other weapons or re-work of other weapons which can successfully chase and dismount a player. The staleness of the few and now becoming fewer weapons capable of this horrible, it leads to static ganking builds and a lack of uniqueness and variety in the lands of albion and helps produce the META. More variety more chance for PVP and less chance for running.


      Please for the love of this game do something to help us gankers or make it so groups don't have to run out with a 20 man squad to kill 1 person......
    • HIDKstr wrote:

      Stop fucking crying and learn to gank. Place mace then? Place with +1 guy then? Etc.

      Solo ganking isn't a thing VS. a 30iq player that had a skip set.

      Group ganking isn't big deal.
      Thank you for your opinion and 0 cents added.. I applaud you for the use of your brain cells. My gank rate is 99.5% But hey this post isn't about me its about the game. You can have your salt back, I don't need it

      It really doesn't matter what set you play, you can still die to experienced gankers.


      All you do is corrupted dungeons, you don't even gank lul. Claymore and Bear Paws! Such variety in CD bud

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Rainphase ().

    • Bruh, this is actually buff for ganking. The slow and root is not only excelent because if person is using fort sterling cape, it wont really help them that much like before.

      This buff actually slows and roots people and that´s a big buff for ganking. For CD, eh, not that good i guess, but for ganking ? Great. And even area is increased so noobs will have even easier time hitting with it.

      And blob meta isnt because ganking is hard, its because people suck. You can do solo or 2 ganking easily, but people are just bad. You can still gank pretty easily : )
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

      Bruh, this is actually buff for ganking. The slow and root is not only excelent because if person is using fort sterling cape, it wont really help them that much like before.

      This buff actually slows and roots people and that´s a big buff for ganking. For CD, eh, not that good i guess, but for ganking ? Great. And even area is increased so noobs will have even easier time hitting with it.

      And blob meta isnt because ganking is hard, its because people suck. You can do solo or 2 ganking easily, but people are just bad. You can still gank pretty easily : )
      Its not,, You land your E they are still running.. 33% slowed, you get 1 Q, 66% slow.. Another Q maybe 2? depending on how quick.. 3rd stack roots and bam root / slow is gone with Fort sterling. Its not a buff in the form of what I described above.. If you are dismounted road camping with a larger party... It could be considered a buff.. but who wants more 20 man gank groups roaming around?

      What I am talking about is the ability to Dismount someone when they get hit by a Mob and you dismount on or slightly behind them. With the new frost E it will remove 1h frost from the list and leave it as Bear Paws, Bloodletter, Double Bladed.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Rainphase ().

    • You are wrong. You just assume some worst case scenario in your head. Most likely it´s gonna be a buff for ganking. Also, 1h frost is not good solo gank weapon anyway - its a weapon for usually at least 3+ people, so that´s that.

      Also, greataxe is pog for ganking kekw.

      And stop with " oh my god 20 man ganking groups " how about you learn how to gank ? Duo gank squads are more than enough to destroy people.
      Blob meta is not because its hard to gank, but because people suck + safety in numbers.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Yea I agree. They are practiacally removing duo ganking with frost + claw, since the frost catch can't catch mounted people now + if they have fs cape you're pretty much screwed. The other guys don't know what they are talking about in the replies, and yes, all of these "nerfs to ganking" only promotes ganking in larger groups. Sad
    • Borbarad wrote:

      You are wrong. You just assume some worst case scenario in your head. Most likely it´s gonna be a buff for ganking. Also, 1h frost is not good solo gank weapon anyway - its a weapon for usually at least 3+ people, so that´s that.

      Also, greataxe is pog for ganking kekw.

      And stop with " oh my god 20 man ganking groups " how about you learn how to gank ? Duo gank squads are more than enough to destroy people.
      Blob meta is not because its hard to gank, but because people suck + safety in numbers.
      Do you even play black zone, do you see what people roll out with group size wise? I have probably done more ganking and more successful ganking SOLO and in small groups as I hate large party ganking than 98% of the game population. Great axe is not that great for catching the runners because it lacks the burst damage.. Please don't just assume people don't know how to gank, its hilarious and makes you look dumb like the last guy.

      Someone who is experience in all weapons and ganking can avoid Solo, Duo, Small Group and large group gankers unless they make a calculated mistake or the zone is on 100% lockdown with smart gankers.

      I can destroy people solo constantly Don't even need duo.

      Now that thats over, go re-read the initial post and get the point im trying to make. Look at the Dismounting portion as it involved NON Road camping.


      Filbon wrote:

      Yea I agree. They are practiacally removing duo ganking with frost + claw, since the frost catch can't catch mounted people now + if they have fs cape you're pretty much screwed. The other guys don't know what they are talking about in the replies, and yes, all of these "nerfs to ganking" only promotes ganking in larger groups. Sad
      Filbon,

      Someone of these people who are replying to my thread are braindead. I'm glad you were able to read the post and take away the correct point.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Rainphase ().

    • maybe you should move this to rants.

      1) Smart people are next to impossible to kill. As long as one is prepared, one could be chased by gucci gankers with huskies and they would have extremely hard time killing him even if they had big group. And without huskies etc, that´s zero chance to kill a smart person.

      2) Greataxe lacks burst damage ? Bruh.

      You say i assume you dont know how to gank, yet look at what you are saying. Some changes were excelent for gankers. The CC immunity upon dismount happened,yet the swiftclaw - the most used mount, was actually Slowed down, thus making it much easier to kill people for gankers.

      What was bad for some gankers were invis shrines and bubbles near portal zones. But those gankers are just bad. Like sitting on portal kind of gankers with 4.1. I can imagine if you are one of them that you don´t like this, but overall - ganking is as easy as it was in terms of changes in like what, last year ?. Only traffic changed and it sucks now, since there isnt many people in open world, not to mention Roads, which removed the necessity to go through certain routes - but apart that, ganking is pretty much the same as ever, unless you mean specter jacket with quarrier shoes kekw - but that was just stupid.

      Either way, this might be a good buff for ganking, but a nerf for CD.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Borbarad ().

    • Borbarad wrote:

      maybe you should move this to rants.

      1) Smart people are next to impossible to kill. As long as one is prepared, one could be chased by gucci gankers with huskies and they would have extremely hard time killing him even if they had big group. And without huskies etc, that´s zero chance to kill a smart person.

      2) Greataxe lacks burst damage ? Bruh.

      You say i assume you dont know how to gank, yet look at what you are saying. Some changes were excelent for gankers. The CC immunity upon dismount happened, however swiftclaw - the most used mount, was actually Slowed down, thus making it much easier to kill people for gankers.

      What was bad for some gankers were invis shrines and bubbles near portal zones. But those gankers are just bad. Like sitting on portal kind of gankers with 4.1. I can imagine if you are one of them that you don´t like this, but overall - ganking is as easy as it was in terms of changes in like what, last year ?. Only traffic changed and it sucks now, since there isnt many people in open world, not to mention Roads, which removed the necessity to go through certain routes.

      Either way, this might be a good buff for ganking, but a nerf for CD.
      This isn't a rant its a valid point of changes, and potentials to balance the field if they continue to move in this directions (please read objectively)

      1.) Its not 0 chance but ok

      2.) Bruh... You use every ability to dismount them.. They fight you die, they have a getaway build.. they live as all your abilities are on cooldown.

      3.) CC immunity was not a buff for gankers, Hoping you didn't imply that... Swiftclaw slow or fast doesn't really matter most people gank on swiftclaws and the mount really doens't matter much, I can solo dismount, t6 OX and below, Frost ram, Boar, Ghost Boar (although more difficult) as well as giant horse (also difficult cause of ability) birds, ravens, owls.. Mount really doesn't matter just increases difficulty with certain abilities.

      People shouldn't really be portal ganking honestly, I feel it was a fair change but that's my opinion.

      I never said ganking was hard... The fact that the choice of weapons keeps shrinking is the issue.

      It won't be buff at all and won't be good, play it out in your head how you gank someone with a 1h frost if you have used the weapon (i hope to god you do cause you are commenting on it). But hey ill do it for you

      Chasing enemy.... Enemy Gets hit.. Dismount.. Use Hunter Shoes use Frost nova Tap E, Pops Morgana Cape, Double to triple Tap Q depending on Tier gear you have, Gain dismount, Judge distance between you and them and their weapon.... Can they dash or get away before using boots, if not time fiend cowl purge correctly.. If they can, stop all damage and mount up to catch up and dismount to finish the kill and purge as necessary. If you can get the purge off correctly, proceed with killing.

      New E Ability

      Chasing Enemy... Enemy gets hit. Dismount.. Use hunter shoes use frost nova Tap E.. Player gets slowed but distance between you and him is getting larger.. 66% slow Maybe remaining the same. 3rd Roots. So you get 1-2 Q's off with morgana during the time but out of range to finish the Dismount when the root happens.. (if in fort sterling cape Guy is gone as there is no root) If not in fort sterling cape they still get away because you could not dismount them fully due to range.

      Mounts with abilities in same scenario.. Bat.. Blink Gone.. Pest Lizard.. 0 Effect??? If slowed.. procs the fear and gets away. Frost Ram, Jumps to create distance (gone). any other fast mount will have too much distance between you and them before root happens or just get away with fort sterling cape.
    • Freezing Wind (one-handed Frost Staff)
      • The area size is slightly increased
      • Getting hit by the area doesn't root instantly anymore, but instead applies 3 cc stacks in quick succession.
        • Stacks: 1 / 2 / 3
        • Effect: Slows by 33% / Slows by 66% / Roots by 2.5s
      You are arguing something that is wrong. You clearly didn't read this right. Your E will still root them, it is just delayed now. Depending on how it interacts with fort sterling cape it could be a huge buff. Also this now has a longer CC duration since you will be slowed initially before being frozen. So it's actually quite nice.
    • Its a buff. Sterling Cape also saves against frost before.
      Now you have 2 strong slows. Enough time to dismount.
      If you want to gank solo use claws you can dismount nearly everything.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Gabumon wrote:

      I think you didn't understand correctly the change. It doesnt interact in any way with Q.
      I don't think you understand what I am saying.. I never said E interactions with Q.. Please re-read.

      Drewski17 wrote:

      Freezing Wind (one-handed Frost Staff)
      • The area size is slightly increased
      • Getting hit by the area doesn't root instantly anymore, but instead applies 3 cc stacks in quick succession.
        • Stacks: 1 / 2 / 3
        • Effect: Slows by 33% / Slows by 66% / Roots by 2.5s
      You are arguing something that is wrong. You clearly didn't read this right. Your E will still root them, it is just delayed now. Depending on how it interacts with fort sterling cape it could be a huge buff. Also this now has a longer CC duration since you will be slowed initially before being frozen. So it's actually quite nice.
      I clearly read it right, as i stated and know that the 3rd is a root. If you go to my gank breakdown you will understand why I stated what I did.. If you are not experienced in ganking with 1h frost, you should try it how I stated it above to do it.. See how it feels. and then look at the comparison to how it will react post change and see what I am talking about. Fort Sterling doesn't Proc on slows on Root FYI. Its not a buff at all. They changed it due to the overwhelming usage in ganking because way too many people are complaining about it.

      Its root Duration is not longer.. the slows help but make it better for people to get away before getting dismounted.. please think about this.

      Piraterer wrote:

      Its a buff. Sterling Cape also saves against frost before.
      Now you have 2 strong slows. Enough time to dismount.
      If you want to gank solo use claws you can dismount nearly everything.
      Its not a buff, and yes i stated that fort sterling procs before and after. The 2 slows are not strong.. the 66% may be but its not an initial root which limits your dismounting ability greatly and almost to the point where unless you are in 8.2 and high spec you won't get the dismount.

      You also have no clue what you are talking about solo ganking.. I am not ROAD CAMPING.. I am open world chasing and dismounting people once a mob tags their mount.. Please read the forum posts and follow thru the chat to the end you may end up learning some stuff.