Dev Talk: Loadouts

    • Dev Talk: Loadouts



      In our newest Dev Talk, Moritz Bokelmann, UI Designer for Albion Online, gives a tour of the new Loadouts feature coming with the Call to Arms update on March 17.

      NOTE: This video also includes subtitles for all our supported languages.

      Read a summary here: albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-loadouts
    • I am really looking forward to this feature. I didn't really see it in the video, so I'd like to ask, if it's possible.

      Say you want t7 minimum equivalent gear for something. So that could be 4.3, 5.2, 6.1, or 7.0 (and/or higher? maybe), but not 4.2, or 5.1, etc..
      Is this possible? Would you consider making this possible?
    • I don't know if people agree with that but i find it necessary and convenient af. So, as you (SBI) said Loadouts are about making the procedure of dying easier for players to come back in fight/joy/war/farming etc.

      You may add an option that when you die, the game automatically purchases for you the build you choose in loadout (the cheaper one) from the local Marketplace (city's or HO's one) OR from your Bank (if you have already bought them).

      In this way, we both win because we as players spend less time in this boring thing and you because less ppl will be around Marketplace (less lag and complaints). I don't find a reason why not.

      Tell me what you thing... :)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by SayAm3n ().

    • MysticDream wrote:

      I am really looking forward to this feature. I didn't really see it in the video, so I'd like to ask, if it's possible.

      Say you want t7 minimum equivalent gear for something. So that could be 4.3, 5.2, 6.1, or 7.0 (and/or higher? maybe), but not 4.2, or 5.1, etc..
      Is this possible? Would you consider making this possible?
      It looks like yes, this is possible. I think you would do this by setting it to the lowest base tier (for example, 4.3 is the lowest tier for T7-equivalent) and then setting it to "equal or higher". Don't forget that higher tier equipment gives you a small bonus for mastery, so you have to either set it to "T4.X Normal or higher" or "T8.X Masterpiece or lower" to make sure the filter doesn't skip tiers. However, it is still up to you to make sure you have the right equipment in stock in your storage chest.

      Edit: To clarify, my assumption is that the filter only uses Item Power to determine if something counts as "higher" or "lower". If that's true, then yes, it should be able to work in terms of "tier-equivalent" gear.

      SayAm3n wrote:

      You may add an option that when you die, the game automatically purchases for you the build you choose in loadout (the cheaper one) from the local Marketplace (city's or HO's one) OR from your Bank (if you have already bought them).
      No! Too much automation, you should know how to use the marketplace and pay attention to prices! Besides, they already said they are adding the option to purchase full loadout sets from the marketplace, so it will still be really easy.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Tilden ().

    • Tilden wrote:

      MysticDream wrote:

      I am really looking forward to this feature. I didn't really see it in the video, so I'd like to ask, if it's possible.

      Say you want t7 minimum equivalent gear for something. So that could be 4.3, 5.2, 6.1, or 7.0 (and/or higher? maybe), but not 4.2, or 5.1, etc..
      Is this possible? Would you consider making this possible?
      It looks like yes, this is possible. I think you would do this by setting it to the lowest base tier (for example, 4.3 is the lowest tier for T7-equivalent) and then setting it to "equal or higher". Don't forget that higher tier equipment gives you a small bonus for mastery, so you have to either set it to "T4.X Normal or higher" or "T8.X Masterpiece or lower" to make sure the filter doesn't skip tiers. However, it is still up to you to make sure you have the right equipment in stock in your storage chest.
      Edit: To clarify, my assumption is that the filter only uses Item Power to determine if something counts as "higher" or "lower". If that's true, then yes, it should be able to work in terms of "tier-equivalent" gear.
      Depends really. I hope it works this way.
    • Seems nice,
      Too bad it miss an IP filter for me to be able to use the filters correctly.
      First post nailed the problem pretty clearly.

      Edit : all things considered, adding an IP filter alone wouldn't have solved the problem, even if it would have helped.
      here is a question : does it dig in all bank tabs, only the current one, or do i have the choice where it dig?

      The post was edited 3 times, last by grul ().