Cast time modifier capped at -34%

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cast time modifier capped at -34%

Description of the issue:
      My cast speed seems to be capped at 34%.

Steps to reproduce:
      I have the following items equipped:
      1. Masterpiece 7.2 Druid cowl (Concentration: Cast speed increased by 5.263%)
      2. Masterpiece 6.3 Scholar robe (Concentration: Cast speed increased by 11.111%)
      3. Outstanding Fiend Sandals 7.2 (Concentration: Cast speed increased by 5.263%)
      4. Masterpiece Tome of Spells 7.3 (Cast time modifier -26% but -31% when equipped

This would suggest that my cast time modifier is 5.263 + 11.111 + 5.263 + 26 = 47.637 (52.637 with tome equipped).

For reference, I also have 20+58 bonus item power for tomes, and 194 specialization bonus.

Result:
      No matter what combinations of disabling and enabling Concentration I use, my cast time is capped at 34%

Expected result

My cast time modifier should be at least 47.637%
    • More tests using the equipment configuration above:
      Equipping nothing but the Druid Cowl yields 5% cast time modifier (though when I click the item in my inventory and view its configuration, it says "cast time modifier -5.3%")
      Equipping nothing but the Fiend sandals yeilds 5% cast time modifier (though when I click the item in my inventory and view its configuration, it says "cast time modifier -5.3%")
      Equipping nothing but the Scholars robe yeilds 10% cast time modifier (though when I click the item in my inventory and view its configuration, it says "cast time modifier -11%")

This would mean equipping all 3 should yeild 20% (or 21.6% if I use the numbers given in the configuration screen) cast time modifier, but I infact get 18%.
    • Hey dude,

not sure how up to date that is, but a reply from one of the devs for a similar issue was this:

Cast Speed buffs have a soft cap. Using this forumla:
      1 - (1/(Sum[(1/(1-CDR)) -1] + 1))

Example:
      You have two buffs each giving 20% cast speed reduction. Then the calculation would look like this:
      =1-(1/(((1/(1-0.2)) -1)+((1/(1-0.2)) -1)+1))
      = 0.3333

I assume it is still the case for both CDR and Cast Speed and that's what you're seeing.
    • DartheIncarnate wrote:

Cast Speed buffs have a soft cap. Using this forumla:
      1 - (1/(Sum[(1/(1-CDR)) -1] + 1))

Example:
      You have two buffs each giving 20% cast speed reduction. Then the calculation would look like this:
      =1-(1/(((1/(1-0.2)) -1)+((1/(1-0.2)) -1)+1))
      = 0.3333

That makes sense.
      I pulled together a spreadsheet that shows this. The value in the item "Stats" section of an item appears to be a calculated value based on a different initial value.

The 1st column is what I see when I click an equipped item in the "Stats" section. This is what I would expect the formula to use to work out the Cast Time Modifier.
      The 2nd column is the value when the item is equipped on its own, with nothing else equipped at that time, in the "Details" tab. This is actually what is used to work out the Cast Time Modifier.
      The 3rd column are exactly what a user see in the item stats, but are calculated from column 2 (see the heading for third column)

This proves that what is advertised on the item is actually used, but after a calculation is done with a lower initial value.

The item "Stats" should display the value before calculation, rather than after. This would be more accurate as it that value used before extra calculation, and would better inform the user as it would match the "Details" tab with the item "Stats" section.