Fully upgraded island

• Fully upgraded island

Is it possible to maintain a fully upgraded personal island on a single premium account? (Focus points wise)
      Originally Posted by Cephus at AOUniverse:
      I look at WoW as the crap-filter of the MMO world. It attracts all the idiots and lets the rest of us play in relative peace.
    • RKOverdrive wrote:

Depends on what you mean exactly. Are you referring to the farm plots for an island? As far as growing plants or raising animals?
      Can you write about two ways?
      I am currently pumping animal (buIIs) husbandry and want to pump cultivation on the second island. Animals bring a lot. But food is important. From one t6 island +- 500 carrots.
    • At the beginning its hard and depends on what you want to do...

I am currently 98 on carrots, 78 on chickens, 100 on butcher, I have 3 carrot plots and 2 chicken plots, I use focus on 1 1/2 carrots plots and on 2 chicken plots, I still have spare focus to butcher chickens.

I only pay for butcher fee on city shops and I make around 300k per day selling all i gathered from my island.
    • LordDarcek wrote:

Is it possible to maintain a fully upgraded personal island on a single premium account? (Focus points wise)
      Yes. Easily. A level 6 island has 45 individual farm/pasture plots. At max spec it only takes 125 focus to water/nurture. At 10k per day focus you could water/nurture 80 plots per day.

You could maintain almost two fully upgraded personal islands with a single prem account. And if you only water/nurture half the plots (which will statistically return enough seeds/babies to replant) then 3-4 islands can be maintained.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • LordDarcek wrote:

I assume by "maintaining" you mean a self-sufficient economy (as in: you get as many seeds/younglings back as you'd have to place, plus you get enough farm output in order to feed all the animals without having to buy anything extra), all for 10k daily focus.

If this is indeed your question then you need to answer it with your own calculation, no one will give you a clear yes-or-no answer without knowing how much Focus Points you need to burn in order to achieve 100% return from all island plots.

Basically you'll need to water/nurture as many nodes on any given plot as needed to get all the seeds/younglings back. For each plot, this will be different, but here's a clear cut example on carrots: you get 2 seeds for any watered patch, and none for any unwatered. So, you need to water 5 out of 9 patches to get 10 seeds or 4 out of 9 to get 8 seeds (over two days, this averages to 9 seeds a day). Calculate how much focus you need to do this watering. Repeat such calculation for every plot - based on what you actually grow on it - and tally up the focus needed. If it's 10k or less, then yes, you can maintain this. If it's more than that, then no, you cannot.
      Hope that helps.

EDIT: Midgard illustrated an example above with max spec, so when you get there, it's definitely doable, but check your focus costs atm before you follow this advice.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Loucipher ().

• Sound advice thanks everyone...
      So seem like in the long run it will be ok but will need to wait abit so my focus requirements lowered to be self maintained
      Originally Posted by Cephus at AOUniverse:
      I look at WoW as the crap-filter of the MMO world. It attracts all the idiots and lets the rest of us play in relative peace.