Specter Jacket nerf and 20v20 crystal fights

• Combat Balance
    • Specter Jacket nerf and 20v20 crystal fights

1. Is there any reason as to why another Specter jacket nerf is happening? This nerf is the final nail in the coffin for the item and will make PVE fame farming so much slower than it already is! I'm not too sure about the implications in PvP but it seemed like an item that had a pretty high risk/high reward play style - so why not just slightly tweak the numbers instead of catering to the lowest common denominator (noobs like me who will probably turn it on and forget).

2. There are barely any 20 v 20 crystal fights that happen because the rewards are simply not good enough and more importantly the rewards do not scale well at all. It is an organizational nightmare to get together 20 of my friends or guildies to play at a certain time. On top of getting people together, the gear is super expensive! And we get destroyed by try hards/sweaters who queue up for anything beyond level 1. All we want are good and fair fights.

Right now my team barely wins level 1s (the no gear loss bracket) because many people just stall and hold caps forever with healers and tanks. It's very unfair and not a realistic way of fighting in Albion. Ideally we would fight with a little bit of gear loss but artifacts and the avalonian weapons and armors are very pricey for my small royal guild. My guild member quit because she couldn't handle the expense of being a healer in the crystal realm! It's very sad.
    • TheFuriousNoob wrote:

Right now my team barely wins level 1s (the no gear loss bracket) because many people just stall and hold caps forever with healers and tanks. It's very unfair and not a realistic way of fighting in Albion. Ideally we would fight with a little bit of gear loss but artifacts and the avalonian weapons and armors are very pricey for my small royal guild. My guild member quit because she couldn't handle the expense of being a healer in the crystal realm! It's very sad.
      Unfortunately other than gear loss, there is no fix for this unless SBI decides to make new artifacts more common, but since Soul artifacts this is the way it's been. And sadly using alternatives don't usually work well.
      The Fleet's Guild Master
      Roads of Avalon Guild

discord.gg/8WqzHdm
    • TheFuriousNoob wrote:

1. Is there any reason as to why another Specter jacket nerf is happening? This nerf is the final nail in the coffin for the item and will make PVE fame farming so much slower than it already is! I'm not too sure about the implications in PvP but it seemed like an item that had a pretty high risk/high reward play style - so why not just slightly tweak the numbers instead of catering to the lowest common denominator (noobs like me who will probably turn it on and forget).

2. There are barely any 20 v 20 crystal fights that happen because the rewards are simply not good enough and more importantly the rewards do not scale well at all. It is an organizational nightmare to get together 20 of my friends or guildies to play at a certain time. On top of getting people together, the gear is super expensive! And we get destroyed by try hards/sweaters who queue up for anything beyond level 1. All we want are good and fair fights.

haha - almost none does 20 on 20 ... hey! Less put more 10 on 10..