I've Tried 5 v 5 HG in the test server...I'm dissapointed

• Hellgates
    • I've Tried 5 v 5 HG in the test server...I'm dissapointed

To start off this is my HG experience which speaks for itself

The 5 v 5 HG community is a very very small part of the community so please look at this HG change closely.

I'll keep this simple with straight to the point bullet points.
      The Good
      • Map layout is great to allow different terrain for different 5 v 5 comps mainly rdps to shoot over walls.
      • You can't go in as 4 so your team can't be ratted outside of gate.
      • Consumable map makes it harder for people to camp and rat static HG
      • Infamy system allows for competitive 5 v 5 HG
      • Ip requirement makes it worth it to kill the enemy team.
      The Bad
      • Mobs are way to strong , i've tested this with a team in t8 and they take way to long to kill compared to current 5 v 5 mobs.
      • Too much PVE , the 5 v 5 community didn't mind killing FIVE mini-bosses and 1 main boss for the loot and decide whether to double dip or secure profits.The mini bosses in current gates are so brain dead we talk about different topics to pass the time so we didn't mind it to much. Now you have clear a bunch of "Trash" mobs that are annoying to kill, We do 5 v 5 hg's because we want to stay as far away from PvE as possible and this feels like a static group dungeon that i haven't done in years. As developers you don't remind PvP players that they're doing PvE content, you did a excellent job of it with current HG's where we kill 5 mini bosses and a main boss if a team joins, you fight, if no team joins , free loot.
      • You clear a bunch of trash mobs to fill up a bar and if you don't find a team YOU GET TO REPEAT THE PROCCESS AGAIN I can't stress this enough, we are PVP players , it is boring clearing trash mobs. In 1 v 1 corrupted you fill up the bar and if you don't get a fight you clear the final boss and cash out, why is 5 v 5 endless, why should the 5 v 5 community be punished because nobody wants to invade us? Why do we have to sit through another round of trash mobs till we get a fight, why can't we just fill up the bar get the final boss and cash out?
      Solution
      • Make it so we only have to kill 5 mini bosses like we did in the original gate and get to the final boss
      • If we kill 5 mini bosses spawn the final boss, if no one likes to do the content we like to do which is 5 v 5 hg's . don't punish us , let us kill the final boss and cash out, not grind through another round of trash mobs.
      That's it, a easy fix.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tempei ().

• ^^ i agree with this 100% Honestly, i dont play this game for PVE content, and 5s is like the only content that i enjoy. if this change goes through in its current state i think ill be leaving the game for a better 5v5 PVP experience elsewhere. <3 Albion but this ruins my only real source of content in the game. Keep the infamy system, give us our old map back.
    • I played in the new 5v5's tournament and was completely disgusted with the direction they are taking the game. They are forcing PvE content too players that just want to PvP. There was nothing wrong with the old layout of the 5v5 map it was simple and fast but this NEW shit is ridiculous. My tank should not be getting one shotted in full plate T8 700/700 everything. Also the map is ENORMOUS for no reason it feels like a map for like 10v10's or some shit, just keep the same map layout and mobs and add in the portal to the next dungeon at the end when you kill the boss. Long stories short if they add this shitty update to Albion lotta players are gonna leave in search for a new game. I know I will.

PS please god stop force feeding PvE content to us. AND MAKE A POLL SYSTEM FOR THE GAME PLEASE THERES A REASON WHY A GAME LIKE RUNESCAPES STILL ALIVE!!!

I live in HG's

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tonyrobo ().

• The biggest problem i see is that as the new HG stands there is very little incentive for new teams to try out 5s with the current rewards that HGs give. Before even a yellow HG gives 150k+ pve fame for every gate you win (free or contested), the current fame given by the mobs is woefully less and not very useful to any newer players trying to gain fame while PvPing. Also currently you can be a "losing" HG team and still make a profit from free gate chests and occasional wins. This is actually a huge incentive for newer teams to try out fives and improve as even if the operate at a loss it will not be huge. With the current HG changes unless you are a team that is at a higher then 50% win rate then you will get nothing from HGs. And while i agree that winning teams should get more what this will create is a highly elitist clique who will be gatekeepers to this content, new teams now will have to lose millions before they get to a point that this content offers them any benefit over a multitude of other options in albion. There NEEDS to be a chest at the end of every gate, free or not, and the fame NEEDS to be competitive with other content (such as SRDs GRDs, and CDs).

The changes with HGs right now are so anti-new players as to be ridiculous. The goal of the HG rework should be to get MORE people to play competitive 2s 5s and 10s, not to make the cost of entry so high as to KILL this content.

I am fine with the new PvE, but you need to make it meaningful to players.
      I am fine with their being MORE PvE in HGs, but removing the rewards for it is just dumb.
      I am fine with the ip cap being slightly lower then reds are atm, but it would be so easy to add a tier system like we have now for yellow/red HGs.

I think all of us that enjoyed HGs are so dissatisfied with the direction this is going in BECAUSE WE WANT MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY 5s. please please please SBI you need to make HGs in all form MORE attractive to new players and teams then before, not less.
    • I don't think you're going to struggle to find other 5v5 teams. It's not like the developers just wanted to change things, they hopefully looked at stats, and could tell from that, that most 5v5 HGs on the real server is going to be PvP(and-some)vE, not just PvE, and clearing trash mobs to fill a bar X times until they finally get opponents.

I think this change is for the better, and if you dislike PvE this much you probably should look at finding a PvP-only game. AO is a sandbox, and it's frankly awesome that it's being focused more on rankings, and matchmaking compared to the current system of 'whatever, whoever, maybe rats, we don't care as long as people are in the HG they'll get matched'.

That being said though, I haven't fought the mobs and can't tell you how strong they are. They really might take 30+ seconds on each 'pull' which would be kind of overkill if you need 10+ pulls to fill the bar. Also, the system isn't set up to only find a team when the bar is completely or very close to filled, right? I think you're exaggerating a bit.
      I'm pretty sure you can change your spells and adapt to the new game mode, and not spend more than a few minutes max, doing PvE for every of the new HGs you'll try on the real server.
    • Shymon wrote:

The biggest problem i see is that as the new HG stands there is very little incentive for new teams to try out 5s with the current rewards that HGs give. Before even a yellow HG gives 150k+ pve fame for every gate you win (free or contested), the current fame given by the mobs is woefully less and not very useful to any newer players trying to gain fame while PvPing. Also currently you can be a "losing" HG team and still make a profit from free gate chests and occasional wins. This is actually a huge incentive for newer teams to try out fives and improve as even if the operate at a loss it will not be huge. With the current HG changes unless you are a team that is at a higher then 50% win rate then you will get nothing from HGs. And while i agree that winning teams should get more what this will create is a highly elitist clique who will be gatekeepers to this content, new teams now will have to lose millions before they get to a point that this content offers them any benefit over a multitude of other options in albion. There NEEDS to be a chest at the end of every gate, free or not, and the fame NEEDS to be competitive with other content (such as SRDs GRDs, and CDs).

The changes with HGs right now are so anti-new players as to be ridiculous. The goal of the HG rework should be to get MORE people to play competitive 2s 5s and 10s, not to make the cost of entry so high as to KILL this content.

I am fine with the new PvE, but you need to make it meaningful to players.
      I am fine with their being MORE PvE in HGs, but removing the rewards for it is just dumb.
      I am fine with the ip cap being slightly lower then reds are atm, but it would be so easy to add a tier system like we have now for yellow/red HGs.

I think all of us that enjoyed HGs are so dissatisfied with the direction this is going in BECAUSE WE WANT MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY 5s. please please please SBI you need to make HGs in all form MORE attractive to new players and teams then before, not less.
      I've done so many red 5 v 5 hg's i didn't see it in the eyes of a new player going into this, and you're right, if they don't get into hellgates and play like a god off the bat, they're in trouble.
    • gideonflynn wrote:

I don't think you're going to struggle to find other 5v5 teams. It's not like the developers just wanted to change things, they hopefully looked at stats, and could tell from that, that most 5v5 HGs on the real server is going to be PvP(and-some)vE, not just PvE, and clearing trash mobs to fill a bar X times until they finally get opponents.

I think this change is for the better, and if you dislike PvE this much you probably should look at finding a PvP-only game. AO is a sandbox, and it's frankly awesome that it's being focused more on rankings, and matchmaking compared to the current system of 'whatever, whoever, maybe rats, we don't care as long as people are in the HG they'll get matched'.

That being said though, I haven't fought the mobs and can't tell you how strong they are. They really might take 30+ seconds on each 'pull' which would be kind of overkill if you need 10+ pulls to fill the bar. Also, the system isn't set up to only find a team when the bar is completely or very close to filled, right? I think you're exaggerating a bit.
      I'm pretty sure you can change your spells and adapt to the new game mode, and not spend more than a few minutes max, doing PvE for every of the new HGs you'll try on the real server.
      That the PvE is not the best is not even the biggest concern, why on earth would any new team do HGs now. the fame is bad and you need to be better the 50% win rate to have a chance to get anything out of the content. Mob health and resists are an easy fix to alot of the PvE problems. Getting nothing from 10+ mins of PvE (again no loot, crap fame especially compared to current HGs) makes sure that their is literally no incentive for a new team to try their hand at HGs now.
    • Truthfully I 100% agree, I hate when developers try to push more PvE into PvP. I truly don't even play HG's for the last boss and the loot because that's just an added bonus. Fighting and getting fair 5v5 fights in an instanced area is the best part of this. Also people can learn off of yellows and eventually do Reds. I doubt any new team in their right mind will jump into this and wanna continuously lose sets to better teams. This is the beauty of 5v5 yellows where you can risk 4.1 still be at the cap and LEARN to pvp. If this change goes live I can definitely see people getting pushed away from this and if you don't have active 5v5 teams then where are people gonna learn to work together and play cGvG, which is arguably the most competitive and closest thing this game has to an eSports scene. I just don't understand the need for this change and im sure 99% of the HG community would be fine with everything staying exactly the same and you just adding the infamy to it for something to work towards.
    • Also one who lives in HGs.

I just don't think it makes sense to force PVP players into PVE. The old HG system was great - adding the infamy system would make it better to avoid ratting.
      I don't like the lava - it'll only allow for rat-type bop builds to be relevant.
    • MINGIA wrote:

Also one who lives in HGs.

I just don't think it makes sense to force PVP players into PVE. The old HG system was great - adding the infamy system would make it better to avoid ratting.
      I don't like the lava - it'll only allow for rat-type bop builds to be relevant.
      I don't see the picture in the post I'm quoting, that's weird. (and it still doesn't show after I'm posting o.o)

Anyways, I just want to say that I think the lava seems like a bad idea as well.
      Being 'ratted' into lava doesn't make much sense for proper 5v5 fights, there's a big chance of a meta for just bobbing people into oblivion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gideonflynn ().

• true new 5's and 2's update is complete dog shit

PVE isnt fun an no one wants to do it

simple solution is have players que up from city and then they get put in to a pvp map, i dont even care if it takes money to get in the que

obviously sbi isnt gonna listen but who tf wants use a map and run 2-5 zones to just get in the gate and then do 30 minutes of pve to get a 5 minute fight

there is so much potential for the game but too bad sbi doesnt listen to the community Sadge

im a hellgator
    • Derizo wrote:

Malkalma wrote:

Hellgate... HELL... gate... H E L L... gate

"In religion and folklore, Hell is an afterlife location in which evil souls are subjected to punitive suffering, often torture, as eternal punishment after death.
      yet solo dungeons have the word solo in them and aren't capped to 1 person :P
      or maybe that's still coming?
      They are designed for solo. But SBI failed it.

They designed new HELLgate as it is now and looking at the topics I would call that as a success.
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
    • Malkalma wrote:

Derizo wrote:

Malkalma wrote:

Hellgate... HELL... gate... H E L L... gate

"In religion and folklore, Hell is an afterlife location in which evil souls are subjected to punitive suffering, often torture, as eternal punishment after death.
      yet solo dungeons have the word solo in them and aren't capped to 1 person :P or maybe that's still coming?
      They are designed for solo. But SBI failed it.
      They designed new HELLgate as it is now and looking at the topics I would call that as a success.
      that is what one would think from the name yeah, but robin henkys has said in a devtalk that solo dungeons are for solo / 2/ 3 man
      Feels bad when you're bad