Swords are bad at every content

• Swords are bad at every content

Swords basically suck at everything. They are getting kited in corrupted dungeons. They are rarely being played at zvz’s because there many better melee options like Halberd for example. You can’t get into any Ava group as a sword player. There is no content in this game for swords.
    • Timur02 wrote:

Swords basically suck at everything. They are getting kited in corrupted dungeons. They are rarely being played at zvz’s because there many better melee options like Halberd for example. You can’t get into any Ava group as a sword player. There is no content in this game for swords.
      you might need to get better at swords and prove that you deserve that content. but i could be wrong. how bad at you at swords?
      Discord.gg/XSRwsg7 (Faction Warfare Lymhurst guild) The Knights of the Round Table
      https://albiononline.com/?ref=Q95VNC8EWP <--- to support the cause sign up here!
    • Timur02 wrote:

LaffyTaffy wrote:

Timur02 wrote:

you might need to get better at swords and prove that you deserve that content. but i could be wrong. how bad at you at swords
      you might need to get better at English
      I under stand you feel attacked but please attempt to retain civil on the forms, not every person is good at english and it could be that its not their primary language and they are attempting to communicate in your language so that you can under stand rather than posting (Hassreden sind nicht erlaubt, bitte nicht benutzen)
      Discord.gg/XSRwsg7 (Faction Warfare Lymhurst guild) The Knights of the Round Table
      https://albiononline.com/?ref=Q95VNC8EWP <--- to support the cause sign up here!
    • LaffyTaffy wrote:

Timur02 wrote:

LaffyTaffy wrote:

Timur02 wrote:

you might need to get better at swords and prove that you deserve that content. but i could be wrong. how bad at you at swords
      you might need to get better at English
      I under stand you feel attacked but please attempt to retain civil on the forms, not every person is good at english and it could be that its not their primary language and they are attempting to communicate in your language so that you can under stand rather than posting (Hassreden sind nicht erlaubt, bitte nicht benutzen)
      being a dick has no language barriers, something you seem to excel at. You might aswell have posted nothing at all.
    • Derizo wrote:

Timur02 wrote:

Derizo wrote:

wassupp

Carving sits in realmbreakers shadow but is still a good option for smallscale, especially with the last change to splitting slash (making this w playable)
      If splitting slash is good why no one is using it?
      this was back before the buff to splitting slash
      Perma is doing 90 percent of the work there, and the carving is juiced out his mind in gear vs low ip arch purples. Not very hard to do, and can be done waay better with a blood letter.
    • moking wrote:

Derizo wrote:

Timur02 wrote:

Derizo wrote:

wassupp

Carving sits in realmbreakers shadow but is still a good option for smallscale, especially with the last change to splitting slash (making this w playable)
      If splitting slash is good why no one is using it?
      this was back before the buff to splitting slash
      Perma is doing 90 percent of the work there, and the carving is juiced out his mind in gear vs low ip arch purples. Not very hard to do, and can be done waay better with a blood letter.
      The Carving pierce has huuuge value though. But if were talking about Ws not E... but it's simply not true that Perma is doing 90% of the work, I only got 3 mins in since I'm busy... but most of the claps i have seen are a combination of Perma E and carving E, which is massive, neither of the two weapons could have done this alone tbh

The post was edited 5 times, last by DildoSwaggings ().

• I wouldnt say that swords suck, but they definately need some attention, hardly touched for quite some time many of the skills are dated in the current meta.

i really like the new splitting slash change, much faster now, and with good spec its 800-1k dmg which is pretty nice for a skill with a root

parry of course is parry, great against predictable E spells, bad against everything else

carving sword is really nice, its not a greedy weapon, you wont ever be top dmg or top kills, but the value from the armor shred is actually huge and if you are not a selfish player its a win weapon.

claymore is good at certain content, 1v1/2v2, every tree can have a few niche weapons though.

dual sword is pretty fun, i think theres better options for most content but i enjoy playing it either way

-------------------------------------------

Kingmaker? wtf its terrible - hitbox is shocking and needs some serious work, dmg and knockup is good, but thats about it, and you cant really apply that dmg because of the hitbox

Galatines? nerfed into the ground

Broadsword? i still dont like it even after the change, still manages to feel clunky and outperformed in almost every situation

Clarent? decent clap if you know how to use it, but needs something more, complete lack of mobility and dependancy on stacks makes it outperformed by other weapons, not really any reason to play it

-----------------------------------------------

Its the dependancy on stacks that kills sword, it feels like a confused weapon tree, weapons with clap that struggle to apply dmg because of needing stacks in a purge meta, forcing iron will W to be played in all situations.

I've been a sword player since the dawn of time, max spec for a long long time, i still play carving from time to time in group play, but honestly most of the time i just play axe now, its just better.
    • As I told, when 2\3 fights were against swords - the stack mechanic is broken by design. It needs a rework, but not a simple nerfe. If it will be nerfed enough to make swords not IMBA - it will become useless. If it won't - it will be imbalanced.
      But what can a simple player know... SBI has nerfed stack and the sword starts to suck... a classic case for Albion online...
    • Swords are underpowered?
      I don’t play my 700/700 swords only because this line is powerful af and braindead easy to play... exact like black hands
      Maybe u just bad in game?
      Carving is one of top OW weapons
      Broadsword- high dmg, low cd , cheap, 8sec cd interrupt , easy to use
      Claymore- high dmg , invulnerability, cheap, one of easiest weapons to play
    • kheeta wrote:

Swords are underpowered?
      I don’t play my 700/700 swords only because this line is powerful af and braindead easy to play... exact like black hands
      Maybe u just bad in game?
      Carving is one of top OW weapons
      Broadsword- high dmg, low cd , cheap, 8sec cd interrupt , easy to use
      Claymore- high dmg , invulnerability, cheap, one of easiest weapons to play
      1. Yes they are underpowered, that's why parry strike was added to the game in the state it was in to get more people to play this weapon line.This is nothing new, with threads dating back to the brutus patch.
      2. If you think black hands clicking on people, nuking them in a mili second is the same as a sword user pressings q a million times, just to e and maybe do damage. Your out of your mind.
      3.Carving is the top OW weapon amongst the sword line. That's it. And thats assuming you are at least 2 teirs above your opponent to be a threat solo, and in groups you are just a melee support. Carving alone does nothing, thats why a kiting playstyle is required, because toe to toe you stand no chance versus real weapons.
      4.Broadsword only good because of low CD on e, and most importantly the animation is bugged so you can hit targets through walls, cc, fire walls, and even at odd max distances. Even still bloodleter shits on this weapon in presence in 90 percent of content.
      5.Claymore is literally just a 2 handed broadsword. And mostly noobs die to this weapon.

this is without mentioning the useless passives on swords, the lack of armor choices, the lack of damage outside of e spell. The lack of w spells to choose from. you have iron will, and parry thats it. Every other weapon in the game outperforms swords in every content.