Bearpuffs

• deenne wrote:

this is the same example as tombhammer was, infinity resets and keep you as hostage in your own dungeon, only way to died as paws are your own mistake.

looks like balanced :D :D :D who the hell make idea to buff paws.. ther were perfect after fixed E..
      They made a new skin of nordic barbarian and at the same time over-buffed dual axes. Do you really think, it was a mistake?)
      It's clear, why have they done that. The only thing, I am interested to know - how long are they planning to allow abusing that sh*t. Will it be a few months like it was with tomb-hummer, or it will be forever, like it is with frost staff or crossbow?
    • I've been able to kill bearpaw with 1 hand mace , taproot, fiend cowl, valor armor and soldier boot.

Take single target Q (must have or you lose the brawl), and snare charge on W (to chase when bearpaw reset)

_ Against merc jacket bearpaw, double merc build ones were strongest in a frontal assault. Purge one merc jacket with fiend cowl. Mace win a face to face with valor armor if you use Deep Leap to block Razor Cut. (don't have to block all the Razor Cut, just need to block one cut and you'll win the brawl). After that, chase him down with snare charge + deep leap. Bearpaw is still faster so you will have to snare charge the Adrenalin Rush or he run away, which is easier said than done because he'll use razor cut to evade snare charge (If he doesn't, that's an ez kill). You'll have to fight 2-3 time before succeed.

_ Against knight armor bearpaw: Mace win the braw with the help of valor armor. The difference when fighting knight bearpaw is that mace DO NOT use deep leap to block razor cut but it's saved to jump through the wind wall. Use deep leap when the bearpaw use wind wall, he has to stand still a moment there so the Leap always hit.

I have ~ 75-80% kill rate against bearpaw with this, but that's because some of the bearpaws were less experienced. Build wise I think my build only get 50% against them. Bearpaw is still faster, so if mace made a bunch of mistake you get killed too.

Another problem is that nerf coming to valor armor, so this might not work anymore. The point of valor is to help mace win the brawl without the slam W (to free up space for snare charge). The upcoming nerf takes ~ 40% damage from valor so mace might not win the brawl anymore.

Edit some note: mace win the brawl with moderate margin, so if you mess up too much (like missing both the block and the damage on deep leap) You'll lose the brawl and get killed, as 1 hand mace is extremely fast on the chasing but really suck at running because of the 2 jump mechanic. (Think of it as the opposite of quarterstaff, which is suck at chasing but amazingly good at escaping)

Edit note 2: For clarification, this mace build is NOT a strong build is CD. I ran it for a while just because it's good at catching rats and i enjoy chasing them. This will lose hard against claymore and taproot bloodletter, both of which are very common. Deep leap take a long time to land and those 2 builds can easily block with Parry and Chain Slash. claymore is the worst because claymore can block deep leap with it's E too. you E him, he E back and both E cancel each other out, the rest is just you being murdered.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.

The post was edited 2 times, last by SpicyPepper ().

• Another day - another stack of abusers.
      6\13 - bear-puffs.
      Balanced!

Today a little less than 1\2 of all the fights. What's wrong, abusers? Took a day off?

And according to NDA, SBI going to buff it's mobility once more, improving the third Q.
      So it is not anoth, that it is already the fastest class in the game) It should be faster and should have some CC.

What a mental hospital? That one, whose name can't be called, what's wrong with you?

The post was edited 4 times, last by BackOFF ().

• SpicyPepper wrote:

There isn't a single bear paw on the infamy leaderboard. :)
      There were 2 bear-puffs at top 10 rates last time, I checked it.
      But as I understood during testing a plate blood-letter and frost staff - the secret of top rates is abusing traps(hook-mans, etc) and skipping uncomfortable enemies, who don't want to be byted to the traps.

From that moment I didn't check rates anymore.
    • Yep, if there're only 2 bear paws out of the top 10. It reflects that Bear Paws are not broken like Hallowfall and Tombhammer were. During their respective period, all top ten used Hallowfall and Tombhammer.

I mean Bear Paws are strong builds, but not unbeatable. Many builds can kill bear paws if they jump in and miss the first E (30 sec cooldown), which can achieve with many other popular weapon (chain slash to swap place on bloodletter, blink on frost)
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Yep, if there're only 2 bear paws out of the top 10. It reflects that Bear Paws are not broken like Hallowfall and Tombhammer were. During their respective period, all top ten used Hallowfall and Tombhammer.

I mean Bear Paws are strong builds, but not unbeatable. Many builds can kill bear paws if they jump in and miss the first E (30 sec cooldown), which can achieve with many other popular weapon (chain slash to swap place on bloodletter, blink on frost)
      So i have to use the (quitting bulshit) meta to beat them ?
    • Kjerst wrote:

So i have to use the (quitting bulshit) meta to beat them ?
      It's your choice. You want to win or to have fun? If you want to win then use CD weapons for CD, just like how people bring claws and double bladed staves to gank.

I don't know what is your "quitting bs meta", but if you are referring to using proper weapons / builds for CD, then Yes.

Just like you don't bring Siege Crossbow to CD and expect to beat a Claymore there. You have to use weapons that make sense in CD situations to fight in CD.

I personally don't run CD for the rank and profit, so I play with what makes the most sense, picked among the thing I enjoy playing. Currently that's the 1 hand mace.

However, when I bring the mace to CD, I acknowledge that I'm bringing an inferior weapons for CD compare to much better options.
    • What are you talking about? Where did you read about Siege Crossbow?Did some-one write anything about ZVZ-weapons at CD?

There are 50%+ of single build with the single game-style. It calls a "trash balance".
      You can search any stupidness, move a context of thread to other weapons, remember child sadness, etc. But fact is the fact. THIS SH*T DOES NOT WORK!
    • 3/5 ... Balanced!
      Images
      • Screenshot from 2021-03-22 01-15-04.png

164.96 kB, 378×604, viewed 39 times
      • Screenshot from 2021-03-22 01-15-34.png

280.29 kB, 656×503, viewed 39 times
      • Screenshot from 2021-03-22 01-15-51.png

283.04 kB, 658×505, viewed 41 times
      • Screenshot from 2021-03-22 01-16-38.png

276.49 kB, 656×503, viewed 38 times