Essentials Improvements for Hellgate to be perfect

• Hellgates
    • Essentials Improvements for Hellgate to be perfect

Hello, for those who do not know me I am KyGho, I have been living Hellgates for almost 2 years, and I would like to pass on my vision on updating this content.

With a lot of experiences in Hellgates / builds / comps, I feel that I have to express myself to bring considerable improvements to this content.

:!: The start of the fight - Since the purpose of a Hellgate is to provide a fair PvP experience, it is not certain that a fight will start with my mana / cape / pot / life in half or in cooldown, I had a bad experience the moment I was testing the new Hellgate, my Dps got 10% mana after killing a group of mobs and we took invasion from another pair, with that, we ended up dying for lack of resources, we didn't have a fair fight, because my Dps was out of mana for to fight.

:!: 10% Healing Reduction - It is quite feasible and does not need to be removed as it allows the entry of new weapons in the meta that were not in the past meta because there was a lot of healing. This will only divide the good healer from the bad, the healer who knows how to play will not be harmed and the other will be punished for making a mistake in a skill / use at the wrong time.

:!: Ip Cap - There should be a middle ground that would be interesting / feasible for both the beginner player and one for the veteran player, this would be done with a division when opening the map, the player would choose between opening a Hellgate Stalker or Slayer.

Stalker: Ip min 900 - Ip cap 1000 + 20% Soft Cap - Mobs Tier 6
      Slayer: Ip min 1100 - Ip cap 1200 + 20% Soft Cap - Mobs Tier 8

This would bring balanced and competitive fights to the scenario, as the difference in Ip would have minimal influence during a fight (MAY THE MOST SKILLED PLAYER WIN).

:!: After the fight - Aiming at a competitive scenario in the Hellgates for players who will play in Slayer, it must be a very rewarding chest, because the player is in a scenario where he lives or dies, this is an extreme level of risk / reward, they could give an extra focus on silver bags / tomes of insight, giving a fixed reward value based on the current infamy, for example: if the person has 3kk to 4kk of infamy, they would win a silver bag of 20 to 50, but that there should be a limit. Pay more attention to the final chest, as many HG players will not have the priority of killing Bosses, but rather do PvP and go to the next Hellgate.

:!: Pairing infamy - Nowadays one of the most discouraging factors for us is the fact that we are facing inexperienced players, the fight ends up being boring, this is terrible for beginning players who will not have a good fight or for veterans, where we try to face opponents high level. This would be resolved if there was a duo average infamy match where you would play against another pair with a similar average infamy, this would balance all types of fighting, both for beginners, intermediate and veterans. There will be no shortage of players, as this update makes Hellgate much more attractive to all types of players.
      The ability to achieve victory by changing and adapting to the enemy is called a genius - Sun Tzu

The post was edited 1 time, last by KyGho ().

• KyGho wrote:

Hello, for those who do not know me I am KyGho, I have been living Hellgates for almost 2 years, and I would like to pass on my vision on updating this content.

With a lot of experiences in Hellgates / builds / comps, I feel that I have to express myself to bring considerable improvements to this content.

:!: The start of the fight - Since the purpose of a Hellgate is to provide a fair PvP experience, it is not certain that a fight will start with my mana / cape / pot / life in half or in cooldown, I had a bad experience the moment I was testing the new Hellgate, my Dps got 10% mana after killing a group of mobs and we took invasion from another pair, with that, we ended up dying for lack of resources, we didn't have a fair fight, because my Dps was out of mana for to fight.

:!: 10% Healing Reduction - It is quite feasible and does not need to be removed as it allows the entry of new weapons in the meta that were not in the past meta because there was a lot of healing. This will only divide the good healer from the bad, the healer who knows how to play will not be harmed and the other will be punished for making a mistake in a skill / use at the wrong time.

:!: Ip Cap - There should be a middle ground that would be interesting / feasible for both the beginner player and one for the veteran player, this would be done with a division when opening the map, the player would choose between opening a Hellgate Stalker or Slayer.

This would bring balanced and competitive fights to the scenario, as the difference in Ip would have minimal influence during a fight (MAY THE MOST SKILLED PLAYER WIN).

:!: After the fight - Aiming at a competitive scenario in the Hellgates for players who will play in Slayer, it must be a very rewarding chest, because the player is in a scenario where he lives or dies, this is an extreme level of risk / reward, they could give an extra focus on silver bags / tomes of insight, giving a fixed reward value based on the current infamy, for example: if the person has 3kk to 4kk of infamy, they would win a silver bag of 20 to 50, but that there should be a limit. Pay more attention to the final chest, as many HG players will not have the priority of killing Bosses, but rather do PvP and go to the next Hellgate.

:!: Pairing infamy - Nowadays one of the most discouraging factors for us is the fact that we are facing inexperienced players, the fight ends up being boring, this is terrible for beginning players who will not have a good fight or for veterans, where we try to face opponents high level. This would be resolved if there was a duo average infamy match where you would play against another pair with a similar average infamy, this would balance all types of fighting, both for beginners, intermediate and veterans. There will be no shortage of players, as this update makes Hellgate much more attractive to all types of players.
      The best suggestions ever!!!!

1. The current problem with hellgates is that it is not being as competitive as it once was. For an experienced player, for example, it is very annoying to have to play 100 gates and find a maximum of 3 or 5 fair matches. Most of the good individual players and a good part of some excellent 2v2 players migrated to the corrupted one not only because they prefer 1v1 content but because you are good at that content is much more rewarding. It is not for the loot in the chests, but for the loot found in the bodies that you kill. It is essential that you increase the cap and soft cap to make the content more attractive to more experienced players, otherwise 2v2 will become newbie content. Of course, everyone enjoys a good fight, but when you are well rewarded for it it is even better.
      2. I agree with what Kygho said too; a lot of good points :)
    • He is completely right, main Problem is, this is the obvious of the obvious, and that it has to be said after first version out and 19 days left before release is crazy.

Suggestion: Hire this guy as consultant and make him QA test. You need someone that actually is good at said content..

On top, I still think there will be too less teams for 10 on 10.. and 1 on 1 or 3 on 3 will be better..
    • I agree with Kygho's post. There should be 2 levels for beginners and for experienced players. These days the Hellgates are boring, with no good fights. For example, if i play 1 rotation (4-5 gates, sometimes more) ill get either free gates or 4.0 daggers. And if i play for example 50 gates, ill get maximum 3 experienced players. The loot in 2v2 isnt as good as the corrupted one. You need to make a better loot, higher rewards and everything Kygho said on his post.
    • I think the task of the game administration is simply to remove the rat content from 2-2, and, as KyGho said, distribute the people by IP Cap, since it is very difficult for beginners to run after 1300 + runners or fight against the dd 1300 + Hollies that kill such 80% for all time. <X

I advise you to see only 50% of the truth in Kygho words.Since the 10% Healing Reduction and such a strong ip cap looks very cruel :cursing: :thumbdown:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Terviea ().

• KyGho wrote:

Good day everyone,

First of all, an absolutely great post and thank you for your feedback!
      I will try to go through the points and show our thought process :)

The start of the fight
      You are right that this is not the best scenario to find oneself in, having too little energy at the start of a match. I think these situations will become less the more the new hellgates will be played. The PVE has changed quite a lot and went from a very dull experience featuring 2 different mobs to a more refined version. With that energy management and hp management has become a bit more important. When you get invaded you will get visual feedback several seconds before the enemy team joined, and all mobs will despawn when they do, additionally, the enemy team will never spawn close to you, which should give you some time to disengage and gain your bearings.
      That said, the situation you described can still happen and we will keep our eyes on that and will see if we will need to adjust this. Thanks for pointing it out :)!

Healing Reduction
      What you have described there is the intend of @Retroman , and we hope that it will result in a more varied meta.

IP Caps and Pairing Infamy
      I have joined these two points together as they go along quite nicely. Interestingly enough the IP caps you suggest are exactly 100ip off from our own caps of 2v2 lethal and nonlethal. Today on Friday the 26th we have upped the IP cap for lethal 2v2 to 1100. As mentioned in other forum posts, these values are there to be tested and to adjust according to our findings and feedback, most important to us is that, we do find the balance you talked about, something that is interesting to veterans and achievable for newcomers, as we want the matchmaking pool to be as big as possible
      This is where it ties in with pairing infamy. This is happening with the Call to Arms update, there is an infamy matchmaking system implemented where you will get matched with parties of similar average infamy.

After the fight
      This is also something we are having an eye on, the new hellgates should lead to a lot more fights/ hour and the completion rate of a new hellgate should be faster than the old ones, and therefore the value of a single new hellgate can not be compared to a single old hellgate. But what we actually want to achieve is for players to move to the next hellgate as often as possible as this will increase the number of matches that happen. The most value that you can find in a hellgate is within the chest you gain by killing an enemy team, if we will find that this value is too low, then we will adjust that as well :)

I hope this could help a bit, and thank you again :)
      Have a great day,
      Dom