You are about to permanently remove Dungeon Diving. WHY?

• You are about to permanently remove Dungeon Diving. WHY?

For many players, large scale ZVZ is something that we do not enjoy, in fact large scale PVP in general is something some of us choose to avoid and would prefer to play in smaller groups of 3-10 players. Available content for small scale players has become harder to find and each update it seems we are having to overcome and adapt to changes and jump through loopholes in order to make things work.

One of the main attractions of small scale content is Dungeon Diving.. as I am sure you are aware, this is where a group of players enter a dungeon and attempt to kill the group currently clearing it.

Now, let’s talk about the current issues that surround Dungeon Diving and how even in the games current state they are extremely difficult to manage to achieve.

Hideouts
      The amount of hideouts in the Black zone is an absolute mess, players are almost able to safe travel through entire zones by abusing bubbles between hideouts and this directly affects anyone attempting to dungeon dive providing almost guaranteed safety for the group inside when they exit the dungeon with a bubble.

Lets use Redtree Enclave as an example. Not only is this zone particularly hard to enter due to the mega alliance protecting every entrance of the surrounding zones, once you get there you are faced with 14 hideouts inside the zone. If by some miracle you do manage to enter unseen and find a dungeon there is a 99% chance you will encounter a scout inside, the scout then warns the group inside who in turn leave the dungeon and safe travel to one of the 14 hideouts due to immunity from the bubble. It is impossible to flank groups exiting a dungeon any more because of this. This alone seems to be ridiculous, the black zone is supposed to be a zone of 100% risk yet feels the total opposite.

Scouts

Now, I am not insinuating that every scout in every dungeon is being controlled by a player also playing within the dungeon however a number of them certainly are. I would quote 11.2 within the TOC.

“11.2 Multiple registrations, as well as setting up and operating multiple User Accounts at our Services are allowed. However, if the User is playing the Game with multiple Characters at the same time, all of the following rules must be followed: i) the Characters may not interact or cooperate with each other if they are located outside of a city, hideout, personal island, or guild island, ii) the Characters may not engage in combat together, iii) the Characters may not act as scouts for each other, iv) the Characters must have active Premium status.”

Your own TOC states that is against the games rules to scout for yourself, yet every single dungeon seems to use one and nothing is done about it.

One of the main pulls and advertisements of this game is the ‘risk’ element when entering these PVP zones, so why are there so many mechanics making this harder to achieve and removing the risk? When entering these zones you literally get a pop-up notification warning you of the risks, you choose to go ahead or not!

Other changes we have seen in the past have been faster ‘A’ out times to exit a dungeon, what once took 2 minutes to do now only takes 15 seconds meaning once alerted a group can escape much quicker.

The time it takes to exit combat was reduced meaning players find it easier to exit zones should they choose to retreat from a fight.

Even with these disadvantages, we still try to achieve this content and find different methods of making it work with around a 10% success rate.

SO HERE IS THE ISSUE!

As I am sure you know by now, there was one method of bypassing scouts at the start of dungeons and this is the Invisibility potion. When used outside the dungeon, players would remain unseen when they entered the dungeon and could bypass the scout.

Please note that any scout with the correct build or knowledge of how to position themselves can still avoid players bypassing them, hence why the success rate of dungeon dives is around 10% if not lower.

Right now this method is the only thing that is keeping Dungeon Diving alive, without this it is impossible to bypass a scout and in turns guarantees the group inside 100% safety.

In the most recently proposed changes (last edited at 8:13pm Feb 24th as of this post) the following change is being proposed.

Invisibility Potions
      • Invisibility now ends when changing a cluster
      This means that bypassing scouts will no longer be doable, the effects of the potion used outside the dungeon will now be removed upon entering meaning you are fully visible to the scout, he will then alert his group who will proceed to leave the dungeon and safe travel to the nearest hideout which is likely to be just a few metres away.

You are literally planning to remove the only thing that is keeping Dungeon Diving alive, you are creating whole zones within the black zone which are practically 100% safe due to hideouts and now un-dive able dungeons.

Why are you doing this? For what reason other than to do what has already been mentioned above would you choose to make this change?

You are slowly killing all small scale elements of this game with updates such as this and forcing everyone to play the same content.

I hope that you will see the effects this will actually have and decide to re-consider these changes before dungeon diving simply becomes another part of Albion History that veterans are able to tell new players about, for them never to experience it for themselves.

Thank you for reading,

Ganty

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ganty ().

• There is one simple fix that I have seen posted before that would fix all issues with dungeon diving and scouts. REMOVE THE "A OUT" FUNCTION! Replace it with a portal that appears after killing the final boss, just like how the HCEs work. This way, if you walk into a dungeon and there is a scout, the group clearing the dungeon has the choice, either clear as fast as possible and escape, or turn around find a good position and take the fight. The whole "a out" function seems muffed and out of place in this game anyway. I grew up playing this game with the knowledge that, the moment you go into the black your gear is lost, and it stays lost until you make it back to town. That's why I fell in love with this game. The more updates come out the closer this game gets to a theme park MMO, and not sandbox at all.

Edit: another thing, add an item in game that is like a placeable ward. When enemies walk through it, a counter pops up with how many are there. So you no longer need a scout, but could still use one of you wanted additional info.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drewski17 ().

• I do like how you are talking about dungeon diving is the "only" pvp content there is for you gankers... Just so you know a party doing a dungeon will have a complete different build then a party diving a dungeon. For the simple reason that PVE is different then PVP. So please complain more about it being "unfair" to remove this feature, in the end there is an unfair advantage to begin with.

Just like you PVP'ers, the PVE'ers also have to come up with new ways to avoid getting ganked. There are a lot more zones out there with little to no HO's. You picking the most extreme zone is just a stupid comparrison to the rest of the albion black zones...

To come back to my first point, diving a dungeon isn't the only small scale PVP content there is, you still got the redzones (no HO's), Avalonian Roads, World bosses, soon you will have a full new way to fight with the faction update (which litterally includes a gank mount...), Crystals, Hellgates and Corrupteds. You will still be able to pick on lone gatherers and people doing solo dungeons with a group of 5+ gankers in all the other zones so why complain about a single patch which is just meant for ACTUAL scouts to do their job right.
      Accounts have been banned for scouting in the past, this is something you can complain about it not being done properly or fast enough but dont you dare blame it on the PVE'ers who are, like you, just trying to find a way to level the play field. They are not equipped to fight actual players just like you are not equipped to fight mobs, besides a scout, PVE'ers in any other zone do not have any other protection. A out does not work without a dedicated scout, so your whole argument of it "being to fast" is bs. Same with your statement that they can run away from a fight to quick, THEY DIDN'T EVEN CHOOSE TO FIGHT YOU, you did. Sure they accept the risk, but a fair chance of escaping should be there...

Edit, PVE content in the BZ would disappear with the low loot and even higher risk of gankers being succesfull, don't think that's what you want neither...
      Also why use double enters? It makes your post waaay to long for a tiny complaint.

The post was edited 2 times, last by WereHyena1 ().

• Ganty wrote:

For many players, large scale ZVZ is something that we do not enjoy, in fact large scale PVP in general is something some of us choose to avoid and would prefer to play in smaller groups of 3-10 players. Available content for small scale players has become harder to find and each update it seems we are having to overcome and adapt to changes and jump through loopholes in order to make things work.

One of the main attractions of small scale content is Dungeon Diving.. as I am sure you are aware, this is where a group of players enter a dungeon and attempt to kill the group currently clearing it.

Now, let’s talk about the current issues that surround Dungeon Diving and how even in the games current state they are extremely difficult to manage to achieve.

Hideouts
      The amount of hideouts in the Black zone is an absolute mess, players are almost able to safe travel through entire zones by abusing bubbles between hideouts and this directly affects anyone attempting to dungeon dive providing almost guaranteed safety for the group inside when they exit the dungeon with a bubble.

Lets use Redtree Enclave as an example. Not only is this zone particularly hard to enter due to the mega alliance protecting every entrance of the surrounding zones, once you get there you are faced with 14 hideouts inside the zone. If by some miracle you do manage to enter unseen and find a dungeon there is a 99% chance you will encounter a scout inside, the scout then warns the group inside who in turn leave the dungeon and safe travel to one of the 14 hideouts due to immunity from the bubble. It is impossible to flank groups exiting a dungeon any more because of this. This alone seems to be ridiculous, the black zone is supposed to be a zone of 100% risk yet feels the total opposite.

Scouts

Now, I am not insinuating that every scout in every dungeon is being controlled by a player also playing within the dungeon however a number of them certainly are. I would quote 11.2 within the TOC.

“11.2 Multiple registrations, as well as setting up and operating multiple User Accounts at our Services are allowed. However, if the User is playing the Game with multiple Characters at the same time, all of the following rules must be followed: i) the Characters may not interact or cooperate with each other if they are located outside of a city, hideout, personal island, or guild island, ii) the Characters may not engage in combat together, iii) the Characters may not act as scouts for each other, iv) the Characters must have active Premium status.”

Your own TOC states that is against the games rules to scout for yourself, yet every single dungeon seems to use one and nothing is done about it.

One of the main pulls and advertisements of this game is the ‘risk’ element when entering these PVP zones, so why are there so many mechanics making this harder to achieve and removing the risk? When entering these zones you literally get a pop-up notification warning you of the risks, you choose to go ahead or not!

Other changes we have seen in the past have been faster ‘A’ out times to exit a dungeon, what once took 2 minutes to do now only takes 15 seconds meaning once alerted a group can escape much quicker.

The time it takes to exit combat was reduced meaning players find it easier to exit zones should they choose to retreat from a fight.

Even with these disadvantages, we still try to achieve this content and find different methods of making it work with around a 10% success rate.

SO HERE IS THE ISSUE!

As I am sure you know by now, there was one method of bypassing scouts at the start of dungeons and this is the Invisibility potion. When used outside the dungeon, players would remain unseen when they entered the dungeon and could bypass the scout.

Please note that any scout with the correct build or knowledge of how to position themselves can still avoid players bypassing them, hence why the success rate of dungeon dives is around 10% if not lower.

Right now this method is the only thing that is keeping Dungeon Diving alive, without this it is impossible to bypass a scout and in turns guarantees the group inside 100% safety.

In the most recently proposed changes (last edited at 8:13pm Feb 24th as of this post) the following change is being proposed.

Invisibility Potions

• Invisibility now ends when changing a cluster

This means that bypassing scouts will no longer be doable, the effects of the potion used outside the dungeon will now be removed upon entering meaning you are fully visible to the scout, he will then alert his group who will proceed to leave the dungeon and safe travel to the nearest hideout which is likely to be just a few metres away.

You are literally planning to remove the only thing that is keeping Dungeon Diving alive, you are creating whole zones within the black zone which are practically 100% safe due to hideouts and now un-dive able dungeons.

Why are you doing this? For what reason other than to do what has already been mentioned above would you choose to make this change?

You are slowly killing all small scale elements of this game with updates such as this and forcing everyone to play the same content.

I hope that you will see the effects this will actually have and decide to re-consider these changes before dungeon diving simply becomes another part of Albion History that veterans are able to tell new players about, for them never to experience it for themselves.

Thank you for reading,

Ganty
      Agreed. When I first started playing albion over a year ago the first content I was ever introduced to when joining a guild was dungeon diving. The amount of fun I had dungeon diving was crazy, the 1v1, 1v2, or 2v2 fights were something to look forward to after a long day and you just wanted some quick fights. Many people turn to dungeon diving when bored like myself and don't feel like doing anything else. With all these new updates everything is shifting towards a ZvZ gamestyle rather than a free sandbox like it truly was. Even if you want to do small scale content you end up fighting a group significantly larger whether you like it or not in the end.

For some reason I doubt anything is going to be done about it, just like ganking, this will be thrown under the rug and forgotten about as Albion becomes a toaster-frying (ZvZ) game instead of the beauty it used to be.
    • WereHyena1 wrote:

I do like how you are talking about dungeon diving is the "only" pvp content there is for you gankers... Just so you know a party doing a dungeon will have a complete different build then a party diving a dungeon. For the simple reason that PVE is different then PVP. So please complain more about it being "unfair" to remove this feature, in the end there is an unfair advantage to begin with.

Just like you PVP'ers, the PVE'ers also have to come up with new ways to avoid getting ganked. There are a lot more zones out there with little to no HO's. You picking the most extreme zone is just a stupid comparrison to the rest of the albion black zones...

To come back to my first point, diving a dungeon isn't the only small scale PVP content there is, you still got the redzones (no HO's), Avalonian Roads, World bosses, soon you will have a full new way to fight with the faction update (which litterally includes a gank mount...), Crystals, Hellgates and Corrupteds. You will still be able to pick on lone gatherers and people doing solo dungeons with a group of 5+ gankers in all the other zones so why complain about a single patch which is just meant for ACTUAL scouts to do their job right.
      Accounts have been banned for scouting in the past, this is something you can complain about it not being done properly or fast enough but dont you dare blame it on the PVE'ers who are, like you, just trying to find a way to level the play field. They are not equipped to fight actual players just like you are not equipped to fight mobs, besides a scout, PVE'ers in any other zone do not have any other protection. A out does not work without a dedicated scout, so your whole argument of it "being to fast" is bs. Same with your statement that they can run away from a fight to quick, THEY DIDN'T EVEN CHOOSE TO FIGHT YOU, you did. Sure they accept the risk, but a fair chance of escaping should be there...

Edit, PVE content in the BZ would disappear with the low loot and even higher risk of gankers being succesfull, don't think that's what you want neither...
      Also why use double enters? It makes your post waaay to long for a tiny complaint.
      The red zone is never an option. Moment you enter a dungeon while flagged up they run. Most people in red zones do solo dungeons in groups of 2 to 3 in good gear as well. That's not even including the risk outside of the dungeon--you'd get swarmed by blues in an instant. The point of the game is that whatever you do there has to be a risk involved; like the real world; like the sandbox albion was.

People who get ganked don't choose to get ganked, just like people who get dived don't choose to get dived, that point is invalid as it's a mechanic in the game and was meant to be like that. By saying "fair chance of escaping" you mean "100% chance of escaping" because there is currently 0 risk in doing dungeons right now due to scouts.

Some people don't want to go into a meta-based hardcore fighting PvP area (HG, Corrupted's) and instead spend their time diving people. Diving was one of the first forms of PvP I did and I learned a lot from it. I taught many new players through ganking/diving too.

I understand where you are coming from, but some people have preferences. Sometimes I prefer to do HG's, sometimes corrupted's, and sometimes I just want to gank or dive. The ability to choose what you want to do, and the fact that there are so many options, it what makes albion so amazing, and what makes it a true sandbox mmo. Small hobbies are getting nerfed and some people don't want to accept it, so they speak their minds. I hope you understand our POV too!

Also, double spacing just makes it easier to read what the person is saying, and breaks things down into different points/statements. Way more organized.
    • Solo dungeons are quite safe now, which makes a little sense to steer those players to corrupted dungeons, yet does remove "solo dungeon diving content". I recall attempting to clear a solo dungeon and getting dove by 7 people, which doesn't seem too fair
      As far as group dungeons go, when going into the BZ, of course no one wants to die, especially to lose their fame farming gear(incubus mace, etc.) fighting against a group whose gear is tuned for fighting close quarters. Usually changing abilities/gear to "fight gear" isn't an option due to combat lock and cooldown. Some dungeon runners even keep a tank in the back of the group to watch out for enemies, buy the team some time to leash mobs and change abilities, but not all groups have that luxury.
      Fame-wise, group dungeons are a decent way to fame up. However, corrupted dungeons, ava dungeons, high tier HCE, and 5v5 hellgates all grant an incredible amount of fame compared with solo/group/static dg's. Then again, if we're talking risk vs. reward, speed clearing a corrupted dungeon or running a 6 man ava group clearing mobs gives the best fame/loot.
      Overall, since the Roads update less people run group dungeons because there's less incentive -- those that run them bring a scout and ensure safety with a nearby hideout
      What's the solution? I agree, removing the A-out function is a possibility. Increasing group dungeon reward. Gate system like in ava dg's, breaking crystals like in corrupted dg, or offering some other protection mechanism for dungeon runners. Halve the ability change cooldown while in a group dungeon. Debuff that disallows entering a hideout 2 minutes after exiting a dungeon
    • WereHyena1 wrote:

I do like how you are talking about dungeon diving is the "only" pvp content there is for you gankers... Just so you know a party doing a dungeon will have a complete different build then a party diving a dungeon. For the simple reason that PVE is different then PVP. So please complain more about it being "unfair" to remove this feature, in the end there is an unfair advantage to begin with.

yes and they are removing a big part of the way to pvpers,u need to understand that theres MUST havea risk while doing it,because if there isnt,it break all the concept of albion bro,the hideouts + this,are the same as doing from city xD
    • WereHyena1 wrote:

No it is not unfair, because you do have advanced knowledge of diving groups. You just choose to ignore them in order to do more efficient fame farming. However there are many who use comps that work both for PVP and PVE and that are actively seeking counter dive situations. So there is not only gankers and people who just PVE but many other things in between.

It's just sad, to see that so much content in this game went down the drain the last few seasons. When my group is looking for dungeon dive content it happens often that we ride two hours in the black zone and don't find dungeons to dive because no one is farming there anymore. Or otherwise the farm in high traffic zones like redtree and every dungeon has scouts in them. It's basically only newbie groups that do not use scouts and it's no joy to wipe them if they do not know how to respond to such a situation. It's just dead content at this point. Sad really.
    • WereHyena1 wrote:

WereHyena1
      Guild Name: Sidetracked Wolves
      Alliance Name:
      AllianceTag:
      DeathFame: 0
      Kill Fame: 0
      FameRatio: 0

Hello, actual PvP player here. With the ever-increasing zerg mentality, dungeon diving was an excellent way to find content, as many people will not fight you without twice/thrice/quadruple your numbers. "Just so you know" you don't have to always be as efficient as possible, you can damn well PvE with PvP gear. If you'd like 100% efficiency, just go do HCE.

About smallscale content: Redzones are absolute garbo as you're forced to zerg up and drop the small-scale flag. Otherwise, you get zerged by either blues or a faction transport blob. Ava roads is a separate game from albion, which one might call 'gathering simulator', as there's just no content to be found. Crystals can be good content, if you play for only an hour a day. At this point, you're telling smallscalers to 'just go instanced' which shouldn't be a thing.

By the way, are you not up to date on the current state of solo dungeon diving? It's incredibly hard to find a divable dungeon without getting 5v1d yourself.

Also, leveling the playing field? You're not even playing the game, so what field is there to play on? Accepting the risk and fame farming in black zone is equivalent to choosing to be dove, yellow zone players are getting black zone rewards and it's horrifying.

There can be measures put into place to help the divee's, but removal of the content should not occur.
      Feels bad when you're bad
    • Drewski17 wrote:

There is one simple fix that I have seen posted before that would fix all issues with dungeon diving and scouts. REMOVE THE "A OUT" FUNCTION! Replace it with a portal that appears after killing the final boss, just like how the HCEs work. This way, if you walk into a dungeon and there is a scout, the group clearing the dungeon has the choice, either clear as fast as possible and escape, or turn around find a good position and take the fight. The whole "a out" function seems muffed and out of place in this game anyway. I grew up playing this game with the knowledge that, the moment you go into the black your gear is lost, and it stays lost until you make it back to town. That's why I fell in love with this game. The more updates come out the closer this game gets to a theme park MMO, and not sandbox at all.

Edit: another thing, add an item in game that is like a placeable ward. When enemies walk through it, a counter pops up with how many are there. So you no longer need a scout, but could still use one of you wanted additional info.
      wards would be so broken in this game
    • Jean_Helius wrote:

plz sbi nerf,.cause kill players with a proper pvp build is not fair.

the same bs over and over again. lmao

here guys, look how it was perfectly balanced

risk/reward right? Sure 8o lmao
      The thing is If you had The smallest of Brain you would walk up on your Solo dungeon where The invisibility ends and get a free kill. Lmfao This just shows how pve playerd shutdown their Brain while playing becouse its so easy.
    • I am in no way asking for the current difficulties to be removed, groups are entitled to have a scout if they aren't breaking this TOS and a good scout can still stop the group being dived if they position themselves correctly or use a build that will reveal someone who is invis.

Dungeon Diving currently has a 10% or lower success rate, that means 9/10 groups survive. Im asking not to make changes which mean it becomes 0% success rate and fully removes the content from the game.
    • I haven't been playing this game for a long time but I completely agree. Why take away the fear factor from the game? The thrill we once had is gone. When I first started playing this game, I had no scout, and the fear of being dove constantly kept me hooked. People complain about diving being unbalanced when in reality this is an OPEN WORLD PVP SANDBOX mmorpg. If you don't want to risk dying then go bugger off to a different game.
    • RedXC wrote:

Agreed. When I first started playing albion over a year ago the first content I was ever introduced to when joining a guild was dungeon diving. The amount of fun I had dungeon diving was crazy
      Yeah, you had fun. Guess the people you dove did not have fun. Why do you think the world has to revolve around you snowflake?
    • Sounds like more ganky bois crying again. Don't worry now you will have 5v5 10v10 2v2 hellgate for all your smallscale needs. Oh you don't want to go up vs people actually prepared for a fight? You just want easy loot from people trying to fame up in a non 500 man alliance protected zone? Small scale is great right now the problem is your mad you can't go loot famers 5 at a time. Because as soon as equal numbers come out in pvp gear you do like all the rest and high tail it out of there (a few actually want to fight but so many just want to take advantage of ppl in pve gear and make free profit from them)
    • Varkuun wrote:

Sounds like more ganky bois crying again. Don't worry now you will have 5v5 10v10 2v2 hellgate for all your smallscale needs. Oh you don't want to go up vs people actually prepared for a fight? You just want easy loot from people trying to fame up in a non 500 man alliance protected zone? Small scale is great right now the problem is your mad you can't go loot famers 5 at a time. Because as soon as equal numbers come out in pvp gear you do like all the rest and high tail it out of there (a few actually want to fight but so many just want to take advantage of ppl in pve gear and make free profit from them)
      Hi, actual smallscale player here, smallscale isn't great.
      Feels bad when you're bad