What happens to my old Faction Standing?

• What happens to my old Faction Standing?

Hello!

As I’m sure some of you are wondering, we do intend on converting Faction Standing from the old Faction Warfare to the new Faction Warfare.

This conversion process is as follows:
      • When enlisting with a Faction for the first time, your standing with that Faction will be converted without the normal conversion penalty. This means that there will be absolutely no loss of your old Faction Standing’s contribution to your progress in the new Faction Warfare.
        • HOWEVER: This complete conversion can only be used once. When enlisting with a Faction, standing with other Factions will be set to zero. Please be certain when making your choice about which Faction to enlist with as this decision can’t be undone without any loss of Faction Standing.
        • As the Caerleon faction is new, players have no Faction Standing with there. If a player joins Caerleon they must start from zero like everyone else joining Caerleon. This will also result in your other Factions going to zero.
      • As the patch notes say, there are non-prestige ranks and prestige ranks with the five original Factions. We wanted to make sure we gave you as much progress as possible for the old Standing, so if you were maximum rank in the old Faction Warfare you will be set to the maximum non-prestige rank in the new Faction Warfare (Rank 12).
      • Any active Faction flags will be removed during the downtime, as you are unable to flag without enlisting with a Faction first.
      As a reminder, we’ll also have another round of free player and guild island moves. You’ll be able to relocate your island to your chosen faction’s city (or anywhere else) once for free.

Thanks for your time, and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield once the update goes live! :)
    • LibraAera29 wrote:

What will be the cost for enlisting to a different faction after the update? Since I have maximum standing with Fort Sterling, couldn't I initially enlist there to maintain that standing, and then go enlist in another city?
      I think you can't enlist in 2 cities at the same time, once you enlist in the 2nd city you lost all your progess on the first one.
      Like you have rank 12 in FS but you decide to enlist as thetford, now u are rank 1 in thetford and fort sterling.
    • @ySLiink You're correct that you can only be enlisted in one city at a time, and can only have a rank in one city, but your rank progress is only partially reset when switching factions. The amount lost depends on how popular/successful the faction you're joining is, but we don't know the actual values yet.

For example, let's say you are rank 12 in Martlock:
      • Scenario 1) Thetford is winning everything so you move there. Well...Thetford didn't need you, so your popularity in Martlock doesn't count for much, and you start at rank 4 in Thetford--not as a complete novice, but still having to prove yourself again.
      • Scenario 2) Bridgewatch has been doing poorly and is offering extra rewards for new recruits (which is going to be a real game mechanic!). So you join them. Well, Bridgewatch is desperate for skilled warriors, and apparently you were a big deal in Martlock, so you start at rank 8 in Bridgewatch. Not as high as before, but with some recognition of your ability.
    • Points are never lost. You're able to see your point balances for all factions by hovering over the points on the Faction Screen. :)

The points won't be removed as part of the conversion process. They can still be spent at any faction NPC provided you have enough standing to purchase that specific item.

You're able to purchase the following items without any standing with the faction:
      • Faction Hearts
      • Iron Faction Campaign Chests
      • T4 Crests
      Anything beyond this will require some faction standing with the appropriate faction. At maximum standing from the old system (Rank 12 in the new system) you're able to buy everything that existed in the old system except the T8 crest, which requires the first prestige rank to be able to purchase (Rank 13). Any new items other than the Iron Faction Campaign Chest will not yet be unlocked as they take higher than Rank 12. If you want to be sure you're able to buy a specific thing after the update goes live the best thing to do is to spend your points beforehand. :)
      Images
      • Screenshot_15.jpg

12.02 kB, 296×175, viewed 112 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by Obelis ().

• So... How does point spending work in the new system?

I ground my rep up with all the factions in order to be able to buy the mount babies and raise them.
      Should I cash in now, or will I still be able to buy them after the update?
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester
    • RenKatal wrote:

So... How does point spending work in the new system?

I ground my rep up with all the factions in order to be able to buy the mount babies and raise them.
      You're gonna lose all but one of your reps, but retain the points. But I guess you'll need to enlist in a faction before spending the points you earned with them.
    • teopower89 wrote:

RenKatal wrote:

So... How does point spending work in the new system?

You're gonna lose all but one of your reps, but retain the points. But I guess you'll need to enlist in a faction before spending the points you earned with them.
      Yes, I understand the loss of rep, as the intent is to drive loyalty to your enlisted faction.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester
    • May I say that after the call to arms update it will be rather inconvenient to have faction points of any other faction rather than the one you signed up for, would it be possible to do a one-time conversion?

say if you are signed up for a faction other than caerleon, any other faction points could be "moved" on a 2-to-1 ratio to your current active flag?. This would allow all players to make a geographical choice on which faction they want to sign up and play on a regular basis to build up rank and reputation.
    • Obelis wrote:

Points are never lost. You're able to see your point balances for all factions by hovering over the points on the Faction Screen. :)

The points won't be removed as part of the conversion process. They can still be spent at any faction NPC provided you have enough standing to purchase that specific item.

You're able to purchase the following items without any standing with the faction:
      • Faction Hearts
      • Iron Faction Campaign Chests
      • T4 Crests
      Anything beyond this will require some faction standing with the appropriate faction. At maximum standing from the old system (Rank 12 in the new system) you're able to buy everything that existed in the old system except the T8 crest, which requires the first prestige rank to be able to purchase (Rank 13). Any new items other than the Iron Faction Campaign Chest will not yet be unlocked as they take higher than Rank 12. If you want to be sure you're able to buy a specific thing after the update goes live the best thing to do is to spend your points beforehand. :)
      Thank you for this clarification.
    • Apart from what @Obelis mentioned above, I would like to add the simple definitions of what Faction Points and Faction Standing mean.
      • Faction Points: These are the currency that you can use to purchase faction items.
      • Faction Standing: This is your standing within a particular faction which determines your rank.

On another note, enlistment does not have anything to do with the ability to purchase faction items, only rank has an effect.

ie. Things that are purchasable with Rank 0 can always be purchased. If it requires rank, then you can't buy it if you're already with a different faction or you are factionless.

Mytherceria#3744