Are the 2v2s in its final state? I really hope not...

• Hellgates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So whats going on with the infamy at HG's? Killing people always give 20 to 100 infamy max, and the leaderboards doesn't seems to show the proper infamy we have.

Also, was playing today in The Courtyard layour and after defeating the enemy duo we didn't get the final chest.

I'm not going to make another post to flood the forum, hope to get some attention here.
    • Norgannon wrote:

It seems that many people here weren't around during the time when GvG's didn't have an 80% soft-cap and were literally played by the same old elitist group over and over again. The saddest thing is that most of the comments are from those vets. If we want a content that many people play regularly the 80% soft-cap is ideal for not abusing the newcomers with T8.3 gentlemen. Stop navel-gazing.
      The noobs can have the non lethal gates to train and figure stuff out and work on mechanics/specs then come to lethals. We shouldn't be punished to help new players who need to fame farm and be punished into an 80% hard cap.

Lets take you for example buddy you play rat letter in corrupteds in 8.3. How would you feel if slayer was forced to 80% ip cap?

"Kinda the kettle calling the pot black here right? "If we want a content that many people play regularly the 80% soft-cap is ideal for not abusing the newcomers with T8.3 gentlemen. Stop navel-gazing."

Part of the reason slayer seems off-putting for newbies since its cap is 1250 and people with higher gear, knowledge of the map, builds, mechanics. Thus they play stalker to get fundamentals together, pvp while learning and faming.

Think ur kinda on the wrong side of the argument given your kills.......

albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/197171363
      albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/197613641
      albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/197163934
      Images
      • Capture.JPG

108.7 kB, 1,128×789, viewed 84 times
    • Seldom wrote:

I like the way you are thinking, and we are thinking in the same-ish direction.
      Always keep in mind that these numbers are there to be tested for now on the test server.

Basically what we are taking into consideration is the difference in the difficulty of creating a 5v5 or a 10v10 team compared to a 2v2 team.
      As it is quite a bit harder to create a 5v5 team and even harder to create a 10v10 team the incentive must give an edge to 5v5 and 10v10.
      Additionally, the skillsets are also hard to compare between these different modes, but the general idea is that there is a higher skill cap the more players are involved.

You are right that there are whole communities based around 2v2s and 5v5s but if 10v10 and 5v5s don't outshine 2v2, the vast majority will not even consider to use or try the other modes as it will be equally as beneficial to just play a 2v2 hellgate with my buddy.

But yeah, I just want to emphasize that you make a very good point, and splitting the match pool is a great concern to us but if we will find that players correspond in certain ways we are very willing to adjust the numbers :)

I hope that makes a few things clearer,
      Greetings,
      Dom
      2v2 and 5v5 are completely different. And you sould make 3 lethal difficulties on each version of hellgates. Corrupted show that even 2 lethal levels are not enough
    • Seldom wrote:

We are currently testing with an 80% cap in lethal 2v2 and 5v5.
      The idea is to get the balance just right, to get good fights and not make the entry-level too high for newer players.
      Below you find the current setup, but as always this is all something we will tinker with according to player feedback and the data that we can collect :)

Ip requirement, caps, scaling, mob tier
      • Nonlethal
        • Hellgate 2v2 Nonlethal: 800ip requirement, 900ip cap, 90% scaling, T5 mobs
        • Hellgate 5v5 Nonlethal: 800ip requirement, 900ip cap, 90% scaling, T5 mobs
        • Hellgate 10v10 Nonlethal: 800ip requirement, 900ip cap, 90% scaling, T5 mobs
      • Lethal
        • Hellgate 2v2 lethal: 900ip requirement, 1100ip cap, 80% scaling, T6 mobs
        • Hellgate 5v5 lethal: 1000ip requirement, 1200ip cap, 80% scaling, T7 mobs
        • Hellgate 10v10 lethal: 1100ip requirement, 1300ip cap, 50% scaling, T8 mobs
      Hope this could help a bit,
      Friendly Greetings,
      Dom
      It would be really cool to get a proper write up on the new hellgate system including information like this rather than limited patch notes, old dev talks with only concept ideas and the limited information on the Call to Arms update info page.
    • its not a real cap ... and it shows that albion is shy of implementing what would lead to a more fair pvp experience overall.

these soft caps are a bit pretentious ... what are they supposed to be good for? allowing only the max spec max gear players a truly competetive encounter, or allow them to farm most other lower spec and geared people like mobs for their loot? ... in both assumptions it would be bad, but most things i assume are usually wrong and i would really like an official statement why they cap but dont cap item power in some situations and just not bother at all everywhere else. what design philosophy is behind such clearly intentful game rules?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Esygrim ().

• RicardoSymilo wrote:

I really like decreased heal change. Heal comp meta have been in this game for far too long and every mirror matchup is boring and unfun to play I'd like to see something new but it should only exist in hg 2v2 and maybe corrupteds.
      And healer comps will need to be meta for next 1000 years. Imagine if healer comps were not viable in 5v5s, that would be weird asf, same logic applies to 2v2s, this game is supposed to be played with a healer in your party. Healer vs Healer comp fights are the most fun fights in the game lmao, u are probably just trash at it, and obviously if u are bad at something then its not fun for you :), If you hate healers that much then go play some solo content or go play another game
    • LegaI wrote:

RicardoSymilo wrote:

I really like decreased heal change. Heal comp meta have been in this game for far too long and every mirror matchup is boring and unfun to play I'd like to see something new but it should only exist in hg 2v2 and maybe corrupteds.
      And healer comps will need to be meta for next 1000 years. Imagine if healer comps were not viable in 5v5s, that would be weird asf, same logic applies to 2v2s, this game is supposed to be played with a healer in your party. Healer vs Healer comp fights are the most fun fights in the game lmao, u are probably just trash at it, and obviously if u are bad at something then its not fun for you :), If you hate healers that much then go play some solo content or go play another game
      go call people "N words" that don't share your opinion on your dc

The post was edited 1 time, last by RicardoSymilo ().

• deenne wrote:

what;'s the point to invest time to spec up. if everything in albion has a IP CAP.. can you guys stop doing this noob friendly bullshit..
      we want a competetive.. skilled.. balanced gameplay...
      RISK = REWARD. this motto don't exist with IP CAP.
      Completely missunderstood risk vs reward..

U mean advantage by long time invest..

And this advantage is reflected by less risk for the long-term veteran as higher skills, less gear needed to match ip cap
    • Seldom wrote:

I like the way you are thinking, and we are thinking in the same-ish direction.
      Always keep in mind that these numbers are there to be tested for now on the test server.

Basically what we are taking into consideration is the difference in the difficulty of creating a 5v5 or a 10v10 team compared to a 2v2 team.
      As it is quite a bit harder to create a 5v5 team and even harder to create a 10v10 team the incentive must give an edge to 5v5 and 10v10.
      Additionally, the skillsets are also hard to compare between these different modes, but the general idea is that there is a higher skill cap the more players are involved.

You are right that there are whole communities based around 2v2s and 5v5s but if 10v10 and 5v5s don't outshine 2v2, the vast majority will not even consider to use or try the other modes as it will be equally as beneficial to just play a 2v2 hellgate with my buddy.

But yeah, I just want to emphasize that you make a very good point, and splitting the match pool is a great concern to us but if we will find that players correspond in certain ways we are very willing to adjust the numbers :)

I hope that makes a few things clearer,
      Greetings,
      Dom
      While I generally agree that the mentality of harder to organize = more rewards is good for the game since it's an incentive for organizing, I think that simply reducing it to group size = reward scaling is unhealthy for these pvp activities that are unique end game pvp modes for people.

If the rewards and ip caps for Hellgates are scaled in such a way that only the 10v10 gates have "endgame" equivalent scaling, the 2v2 players aren't going to say "wow that has better rewards, let's do that instead" they're just going to leave.

If 2v2s had the best rewards and 10s had the worst, what would happen isn't that everyone would move from 5s and 10s to 2s. It's that the people who were interested in 5s would quit, the 2s community would be fine, and people would mostly play nonlethal 10s for casual fun.

Players enjoy different types of content. Most people will stick to the content they enjoy even if other content gives BETTER rewards, as long as their content is still giving good enough rewards. I've tried to talk some of my 5s players and 20s players into playing 2s and pretty much all of them have flat out refused because "ew 2s are boring".

Also I specifically want to call out the idea that higher player counts = more skill. Albion is a relatively complex game with a lot of abilities going around all at once. Higher player counts have a higher technical skill ceiling as each player has more opportunities to make mistakes and outplays, but lower player counts get much closer to teaching that theoretical skill ceiling in practice because mistakes are significantly more visible and punishable.

wolfo70 wrote:

RicardoSymilo wrote:

ngl Heal DPS 2v2 fights are the most fun I have in this game
      As a healer main I'm a little stressed by but relatively okay with these changes. The lava mechanic is intended to be an indirect nerf to stun comps, while this is a direct nerf to healer comps. That means that double dps (which is currently the weakest type of comp by a decently large margin) is the only one not being negatively impacted. Hopefully we'll see a healthy balance between the three on live but it's hard to say at the moment.

I am concerned about the fact that holy blessing (aka the 2v2 W) AND Ironroot (aka 2v2 nature) are also getting nerfed at the same time as the healing nerfs.
    • Seldom wrote:

We are currently testing with an 80% cap in lethal 2v2 and 5v5.
      The idea is to get the balance just right, to get good fights and not make the entry-level too high for newer players.
      Below you find the current setup, but as always this is all something we will tinker with according to player feedback and the data that we can collect :)

Ip requirement, caps, scaling, mob tier
      • Nonlethal
        • Hellgate 2v2 Nonlethal: 800ip requirement, 900ip cap, 90% scaling, T5 mobs
        • Hellgate 5v5 Nonlethal: 800ip requirement, 900ip cap, 90% scaling, T5 mobs
        • Hellgate 10v10 Nonlethal: 800ip requirement, 900ip cap, 90% scaling, T5 mobs
      • Lethal
        • Hellgate 2v2 lethal: 900ip requirement, 1100ip cap, 80% scaling, T6 mobs
        • Hellgate 5v5 lethal: 1000ip requirement, 1200ip cap, 80% scaling, T7 mobs
        • Hellgate 10v10 lethal: 1100ip requirement, 1300ip cap, 50% scaling, T8 mobs
      Hope this could help a bit,
      Friendly Greetings,
      Dom
      Can you please explain why you don't want to introduce levels for hellgates same or similar to corrupted dungeons (Hunter/Stalker/Slayer)? With scaling IP min req's, decreasing softcap % value and increasing softcap threshold? You already have a working concept of instanced pvp with different requirements and rewards, why not reuse it here?

Since as it is currently with 1100/1200 IP threshold and 80% softcap - basically means T6 gear, which is trash tier and this in turn will make many experienced and well famed players to quit this trashfest quite soon.

Also please confirm or deny that infamy value (average?) will be accounted when matching two teams in a hellgate.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Zumzat ().

• DirTeaMug wrote:

1x1 has slayer lvl. 2x2 has only stalker. 5x5 has only a little bit better stalker. Why should I play small scale hellgates, when I have no chance to challenge juicy enemy? Without slayer lvl 2x2 and 5x5 has lesser motivation than 1x1.
      u don't understand the developer world

2v2 is preparation for 5v5 and this for 10v10

They don't support or understand that people that like 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 have no desire for 10 on 10
    • i don't mid if they support more on 5v5 or 10v10.

but i felt that new 5v5HGs are even shittier than current 1v1 (corrupted).
      i have not tested 10v10 but i can easily guess it also gives shitty reward. feels bad.

Tyrannosaurus-rex / RIP
      お前は すでに 死んでいる