Are the 2v2s in its final state? I really hope not...

• Hellgates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are the 2v2s in its final state? I really hope not...

Hey, 3 year 2v2 veteran here.

I truly hope the 2v2's havent been fully implemented yet, or this is going to be a shitshow.

Ip cap rant :
      I think everyone expected it to be like corrupted dungeons, with levels Hunter, Stalker and Slayer for example.
      If the highest IP cap on the 2s is actually going to be 900 IP, I and many others simply wont be playing. It just isn't fun.
      Farming newer players all day for their 4.1/4.2 gear isn't going to be enjoyable for any of the parties involved for the same reasons corrupted dungeons are split in different levels.

* Updated IP 2/25/2021*
      Ip cap is now 1100|80%. Its better then before but still, i think most people would like to see maybe 2/3 ranks of 2v2 with different IP caps.
      for example : Lvl 1 : 1000 IP with 80% softcap and for Lvl 2 : 1100 or 1200 with a 50% softcap.

-10% healing Rant :
      On the topic of the -10% healing. Outhealing high dps burst. Something like 1h fire,grudge curses, 1 shot melee weps (druid robe, purity cowl etc.) will be to unreal. This comps are already viable but with the -10% healing they will be almost mandatory, because of this it will eliminate alot of other playstyles for no reason at all. All because some crybaby twitch streamer(s) hates healing staffs, and sbi actually listened...

point is, it will elimate alot of the skill elements healer-dps fights currently have and replace it with a DPS dick measuring contest of who can burst harder in a <1 min timeframe.

And if you do get to survive longer then 1 min. Dealing with Healer sickness will be so much harder. Currently the way you get rid of heal sickness as a holy staff is Qing/healing your teammate really quick but with this change that might just result in death. I imagine the new way to counteract healing sickness is constantly resetting the fight when you get close to it (which really isnt a good new alternative haha).

My feedback primarily is :
      • Have a newbie and higher tier level in 2s(i.e stalker,slayer). The higher tier one with the usual 1200|50% ip cap for a place where veteran players can be competitive in high tier gear. The way its setup now will make veteran and loyal old-guard hellgate players lose interest very quick, and probably leave.
      • Get rid of the -10% heal debuff. I know it probably wont be reverted anways, but it had to be said.

Conclusion :
      There has been countless posts about the hellgate issues on here already, we need some kind of communication back on whether is just a matter of it not being on the test server yet or if it is intended.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post! <3
      Wrote this a little sleep deprived so the post probably isn't fully in proper English or structured well at all. Might make some edits in the morning.

Edit : post reformatting, adding more stuff.

The post was edited 5 times, last by wolfo70 ().

• I dont want to have another 2vs HG, slayer and stalker kind of levels, but I agree 900IP is too low. Just change the IP cap to 1200 and keep only 1 type of 2xHG.

Now about the 10% healing debuff, maybe I'm missing something but I don't think thats gonna be something to consider when going to a HG because 10% its just harmless.
      Don't get me wrong, I only play 2x with a healer.

EDIT: I would love to know the reason behind the 900IP CAP too. Like u said theres a lot of people complain about that and we would appreciate an answer

The post was edited 1 time, last by ySLiink ().

• ySLiink wrote:

I dont want to have another 2vs HG, slayer and stalker kind of levels, but I agree 900IP is too low. Just change the IP cap to 1200 and keep only 1 type of 2xHG.

Now about the 10% healing debuff, maybe I'm missing something but I don't think thats gonna be something to consider when going to a HG because 10% its just harmless.
      Don't get me wrong, I only play 2x with a healer.

EDIT: I would love to know the reason behind the 900IP CAP too. Like u said theres a lot of people complain about that and we would appreciate an answer
      1 level at 1200|50% would be fine aswell ofcourse. Point was that the expectation was a Ctrl+v of cd infamy system (which would've been completely fine in my opinion).

On the topic of the -10% healing. Outhealing high dps burst. Something like 1h fire,grudge curses, 1 shot melee weps (druid robe, purity cowl etc.) will be to unreal. This comps are already viable but with the -10% healing they will be almost mandatory, because of this it will eliminate alot of other playstyles for no reason at all. All because some crybaby twitch streamer(s) hates healing staffs, and sbi actually listened...

Edit : point is, it will elimate alot of the skill elements healer-dps fights currently have and replace it with a DPS dick measuring contest of who can burst harder in a <1 min timeframe.

Edit 2 : And if you do get to survive longer then 1 min. Dealing with Healer sickness will be so much harder. Currently the way you get rid of heal sickness as a holy staff is Qing/healing your teammate really quick but with this change that might just result in death. I imagine the new way to counteract healing sickness is constantly resetting the fight when you get close to it (which really isnt a good new alternative haha).

The post was edited 4 times, last by wolfo70 ().

• Good morning everyone,

The requirement to enter a Hellgate is 900 IP, but the actual current IP cap is at 1000, which will be set to 1100 on the 26th of February, this Friday.
      We are trying to find the right balance, we want a high enough IP cap so our veterans can enjoy Hellgates, but also low enough for new players not to be alienated by the daunting IP cap.
      In the end, all we want is PVP, right? And that heavily depends on the number of players participating in Hellgates :)

This is why we are very happy about Feedback such as this, so please keep testing!

Friendly Greetings
      Dom
    • Seldom wrote:

Good morning everyone,

The requirement to enter a Hellgate is 900 IP, but the actual current IP cap is at 1000, which will be set to 1100 on the 26th of February, this Friday.
      We are trying to find the right balance, we want a high enough IP cap so our veterans can enjoy Hellgates, but also low enough for new players not to be alienated by the daunting IP cap.
      In the end, all we want is PVP, right? And that heavily depends on the number of players participating in Hellgates :)

This is why we are very happy about Feedback such as this, so please keep testing!

Friendly Greetings
      Dom
      To be fair what matters are rewards. If it's good loot and fame, then veterans will be ok with going with 4.1. That means that rewards only depend on skills, but I'm sure rewards will be a lot lower because of the IP cap, so we will have the same situation like in yellow 5v5 which are almost always empty.
    • Seldom wrote:

Good morning everyone,

Friendly Greetings
      Dom
      So all hellgates are hardcapped? Or are you introducing soft-caps as seen on other content? (80% for non-lethal, 50% for lethal versions)
      The Fleet's Guild Master
      Roads of Avalon Guild

discord.gg/8WqzHdm
    • Seldom wrote:

Good morning everyone,

Friendly Greetings
      Dom
      Just add levels to the HG, like on the CD, HG would be a lot more fun with 8.3 fights like on the CD.

Stalker: 900 Ip

Slayer: 1200 Ip +

and an even higher level like a Destroyer level with a minimum of 1400 Ip would be very good, HG is the PVP content with the greatest potential in the game and it is sad to see it getting more and more dead.
    • We are currently testing with an 80% cap in lethal 2v2 and 5v5.
      The idea is to get the balance just right, to get good fights and not make the entry-level too high for newer players.
      Below you find the current setup, but as always this is all something we will tinker with according to player feedback and the data that we can collect :)

Ip requirement, caps, scaling, mob tier
      • Nonlethal
        • Hellgate 2v2 Nonlethal: 800ip requirement, 900ip cap, 90% scaling, T5 mobs
        • Hellgate 5v5 Nonlethal: 800ip requirement, 900ip cap, 90% scaling, T5 mobs
        • Hellgate 10v10 Nonlethal: 800ip requirement, 900ip cap, 90% scaling, T5 mobs
      • Lethal
        • Hellgate 2v2 lethal: 900ip requirement, 1100ip cap, 80% scaling, T6 mobs
        • Hellgate 5v5 lethal: 1000ip requirement, 1200ip cap, 80% scaling, T7 mobs
        • Hellgate 10v10 lethal: 1100ip requirement, 1300ip cap, 50% scaling, T8 mobs
      Hope this could help a bit,
      Friendly Greetings,
      Dom

The post was edited 3 times, last by Seldom ().

• Seldom wrote:

We are currently testing with an 80% cap in lethal 2v2 and 5v5.
      The idea is to get the balance just right, to get good fights and not make the entry-level too high for newer players.
      Below you find the current setup, but as always this is all something we will tinker with according to player feedback and the data that we can collect :)

• Nonlethal
      • Lethal
        • Hellgate 2v2 Nonlethal: 900ip requirement, 1100ip cap, 80% scaling, T6 mobs
        • Hellgate 2v2 Nonlethal: 1000ip requirement, 1200ip cap, 80% scaling, T7 mobs
        • Hellgate 2v2 Nonlethal: 1100ip requirement, 1300ip cap, 50% scaling, T8 mobs
      Friendly Greetings,
      Dom
      I'm not sure if i'm getting this right. T5,T6,T7,T8 meaning different map types? As in buying a T8 2v2 map would be 1300ip-cap|50% ?
    • Seldom wrote:

We are currently testing with an 80% cap in lethal 2v2 and 5v5.

• Nonlethal
      • Lethal
        • Hellgate 2v2 Nonlethal: 900ip requirement, 1100ip cap, 80% scaling, T6 mobs
        • Hellgate 2v2 Nonlethal: 1000ip requirement, 1200ip cap, 80% scaling, T7 mobs
        • Hellgate 2v2 Nonlethal: 1100ip requirement, 1300ip cap, 50% scaling, T8 mobs
      Friendly Greetings,
      Dom
      I assume you meant 2v2, 5v5 and 10v10 in those. With that said:

• Aren't all other soft-caps currently 80% or 50%? Why introduce yet another tier of soft-cap?
      • 2v2 and 5v5 HGs as of now rarely share the community, as many focus only on one or the other, it seems you guys are trying to use it as a ladder (start on 2v2s and move up) but it doesn't work like this
      • Why can't all HG sizes share same IP cap, 1000 IP with a 50% scaling seems to have worked well as most people run 6.1 Overcharge with IMO is a healthy spot between good gear and stuff you can't be bothered to loot. And also a good spot between being full of "rats" and 8.3 gear crutchers.
      The Fleet's Guild Master
      Roads of Avalon Guild

discord.gg/8WqzHdm
    • wolfo70 wrote:

I'm not sure if i'm getting this right. T5,T6,T7,T8 meaning different map types? As in buying a T8 2v2 map would be 1300ip-cap|50% ?
      Map tiers just dictate the souls needed to craft them.

Non-Lethal are all T5 and require T5 souls, also seems they can only spawn in yellow zones.
      Lethal are T6 T7 and T8, respectively for 2v2 5v5 and 10v10 and spawn in red or black zones.

You can't craft a T8 2v2
      The Fleet's Guild Master
      Roads of Avalon Guild

discord.gg/8WqzHdm
    • Vocandin wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

Map tiers just dictate the souls needed to craft them.
      Non-Lethal are all T5 and require T5 souls, also seems they can only spawn in yellow zones.
      Lethal are T6 T7 and T8, respectively for 2v2 5v5 and 10v10 and spawn in red or black zones.

You can't craft a T8 2v2
      Assuming you're right I hope @Seldom can edit his post /clarify
    • I have a hard time understanding the new hellgate system tbh. Might have to read the patchnotes again but... Why would you implement a fix - 10% healing sickness when double dps comp were just way better when played correctly. I am aware that according to your data you might have a lot more 2v comp with a healer but what about the winrate... Well quarterstaff is getting nerfed so double dps comp won't be as good as before I guess but still. I didn't find that healing comp were that good compared to double dps comp.
    • @Vocandin is perfectly right,

all nonlethal Hellgates are T5

Lethal 2v2 Hellgates are T6
      Lethal 5v5 Hellgates are T7
      Lethal 10v10 Hellgates are T8

which means both the tier of the map and the tier of the mobs you can find in the Hellgate.

Edit: I just saw the copy paste mistake I made in my post above, I adjusted it so now it shows the right values and number, sorry for the confusion :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seldom ().

• Seldom wrote:

@Vocandin is perfectly right,

which means both the tier of the map and the tier of the mobs you can find in the Hellgate.

Edit: I just saw the copy paste mistake I made in my post above, I adjusted it so now it shows the right values and number, sorry for the confusion :D

Seldom wrote:

2v2 and 5v5 gates needs a t8 level as 10v10.
    • 2v2
      1100 IP cap is too low - should be atleast 1200/1300 as its on corrupted
      HG spawn is far too away - there are plenty corrupted next to portal - why 2v2 party should go 3 maps away with weaker sets due to lowe IP cap?
      If you want to encourage ppl to do 2v2s - raise IP cap or make 3 lvls of it (the highest at 1300), change range of spawning HGs (solo dungeons appear like max 1 cluster away?)
    • pinto wrote:

Seldom wrote:

Seldom wrote:

2v2 and 5v5 gates needs a t8 level as 10v10.
      Yeah it really doesn't make sense to have it from lower to higher IP from 2v2--->5v5--->10v10. This is just not how the people play. My suggestion would be to make 5v5's and 10v10's the same Ip soft cap and have multiple ip caps for 2v2 as they are way more akin to corrupted dungeons then anything else.
      2v2 is not a stepping stone into 5v5 or 10v10, it wont be with this change and it shouldn't be either.