Could the new Faction update destroy Red Flagged Ganking ? [With Suggestions]

    • Faction Warfare
    • Could the new Faction update destroy Red Flagged Ganking ? [With Suggestions]

      Welcome dear devs.



      AngryWolf here from AngryWolfYT channel youtube.com/c/angrywolfyt also known as Elite Gankers. Myself and my ganking community of over 8,000 subscribers would like to address some problems, particularly between red flagged players and faction flagged players



      I have been a ganker on the royals since 2017. I started this content on the royals a long time ago and I still love it today, its something I enjoy doing and if I could I would do it 24 hours a day 7 days a week!

      I can only talk to you from a gankers perspective because this is what I spend my time doing and I spend more time doing this than most people do in their entire life on this game.



      I would like to start from scratch and re work the flag up system. Blues VS reds is a good mechanic and it is healthy for the games economy, I don’t propose to remove this basic system and I am not here to cry about the endless times I am killed or chased by blues within the royal zones



      Since albion online became free to play the situation on the royals has become harder and harder for gankers, most updates see new changes which affects ganking directly and every time we find ourselves having to change to adapt.



      Some changes which have affected us directly and have been mentioned by the community itself to have had a great effect are the following examples, some of which also affect ganking within the black zone areas, it is not always directly affecting the royal zones only.



      - Increase speed of transport mounts

      - Decrease speed of swiftclaw (most popular ganking mount)

      - CC Immunity when dismounted

      - Invisibility Shrines

      - Extra Bubble zones in BZ

      - Avalonian Roads on royals gives more escape routes

      - Avalonian roads sometimes spawn next to city and gives limitless bubble

      - Bubbles itself being too long

      - Reducing how many red zones are in royals in previous update meaning more players are in less zones

      - Untouchable giant horse spell

      - Reperair items costs increase

      - Items trash increase with more people in party



      When the previous faction update was released, everyone was hyped for it including the ganking community, unfortunately it turned out to have a negative affect on us. Thousands of faction transporters and faction players passing through the royals, indirectly made the content unplayable at times. The outer zones to cearleon have become far too popular and constantly being chased by blue players as well as faction players has become frustrating. When red flagged players do find a target, the chances of killing them and successfully securing the loot are low because of the amount of other players following in these zones. On top of that, if we wish to take matters in to our own hands and fight back, we gain serious reputation loss that eventually denies us access into the zones we wish to play in.



      To summarise the main problems that red flagged players currently have to face in the royals right now :

      • Constantly being followed by groups of blue players as soon as you leave the city, there is no risk anymore and groups of blue warriors can easily reach numbers of 30+ in a matter of minutes.
      • Faction flagged players, whether transporting or looking for fights, often get involved in red vs blue content and most of the time travel in huge groups
      • The looting system seems broken, players will wait until reds kill a target, only to then kill the group and either wait until the loot becomes available or flag up themselves to gain all access to the loot. They essentially have none of the risk that a red flagged player does however still get all the rewards.
      • Make faction and red/blue two separate combat systems. Faction flagged players do not rely on fighting red flagged players for content and visa versa, it doesn’t need to be in the game and will ensure that the royal continent does not die for none faction players. Same system is actually implemented on yellow maps right now.
      • Re-work the looting system. Someone who does no damage, is not in combat, is not red flagged shouldn’t gain access to another groups loot so easily, they should not gain all the reward for 0 risk. Only players who deal damage or the target themselves should be allowed to loot so easily, something needs to be changed.





      The next update looks like it will have huge effects on the royals however as a red flagged player I am not sure if these will be positive changes, the update is going to draw huge amounts of players into the royal zones, most who will choose a faction to fight for, if these faction groups overrun the royal continent it would potentially make red flagged players become none existent.

      Remember that although ganking can give huge rewards when successful, it is a vital part of the game to keep a healthy economy, without ganking and red flagged players in the royals there would be a huge surge in items making their way to the markets within cearleon. The current trash rate is huge and when you add repair costs on top, gankers do not earn a huge cosmic amount of money like most people think.



      I would like to suggest something which I hope the developers will consider.

      • Make faction and red/blue two separate combat systems. Faction flagged players do not rely on fighting red flagged players for content and visa versa, it doesn’t need to be in the game and will ensure that the royal continent does not die for none faction players. Same system is actually implemented on yellow maps right now.
      • Re-work the looting system. Someone who does no damage, is not in combat, is not red flagged shouldn’t gain access to another groups loot so easily, they should not gain all the reward for 0 risk. Only players who deal damage or the target themselves should be allowed to loot so easily, something needs to be changed.



      These problems were also recently raised on AlbionTV in an interview with Ganty, leader of Shock Tactics and someone who is respected in the ganking community. twitch.tv/videos/923459684



      This is just the tip of the iceberg and I would love to talk to the developers more about our ideas. I hope that this message won't be forgotten in the flood of messages you receive.



      I look forward to your reply,



      AngryWolf
      AngryWolf from EliteGankers
    • You are doing bad things to people who are peaceful what did you expect?
      SBI have made their stance quite clear after so many patches that they want to move away from unfair many v 1 with so many claws/cc builds
      to a more fair senario where both sides are ready to die.

      if you feel fun ganking hopeless people who 9/10 times do not fight back cause you are a party of 5 v1 invis ganking then so be it

      if you cannot handle a pack of blues/flagged just cause they are in fight gear instead of running gear then so be it. just admit it you suck in fair fights and just want to bully solo players

      its risk vs reward when flagging as red because you are expected to kill a blue with a high potential in loot (people transporting to black market)
      and when a pack of blues/faction players chase you just accept it as karma
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      You are doing bad things to people who are peaceful what did you expect?
      SBI have made their stance quite clear after so many patches that they want to move away from unfair many v 1 with so many claws/cc builds
      to a more fair senario where both sides are ready to die.

      if you feel fun ganking hopeless people who 9/10 times do not fight back cause you are a party of 5 v1 invis ganking then so be it

      if you cannot handle a pack of blues/flagged just cause they are in fight gear instead of running gear then so be it. just admit it you suck in fair fights and just want to bully solo players

      its risk vs reward when flagging as red because you are expected to kill a blue with a high potential in loot (people transporting to black market)
      and when a pack of blues/faction players chase you just accept it as karma
      i think you're just biased over possibly getting ganked too many times friend
    • We are dedicated Albion players. And the most "harrased" group were gankers. The black zones were supposed to be a terror to the people of the royal lands, and now it's just a fun trip to Disneyland with a couple of harmless gankers on swiftclaw on my tail. Now the PvP is destroyed in the red zones.
      if you are a blue player, now you have nothing to fear
      So ( I don't know at all if any of the developers are reading this?), please review the mechanics of reputation.
    • WscieklyGaming wrote:

      Welcome dear devs.



      AngryWolf here from AngryWolfYT channel youtube.com/c/angrywolfyt also known as Elite Gankers. Myself and my ganking community of over 8,000 subscribers would like to address some problems, particularly between red flagged players and faction flagged players



      I have been a ganker on the royals since 2017. I started this content on the royals a long time ago and I still love it today, its something I enjoy doing and if I could I would do it 24 hours a day 7 days a week!

      I can only talk to you from a gankers perspective because this is what I spend my time doing and I spend more time doing this than most people do in their entire life on this game.



      I would like to start from scratch and re work the flag up system. Blues VS reds is a good mechanic and it is healthy for the games economy, I don’t propose to remove this basic system and I am not here to cry about the endless times I am killed or chased by blues within the royal zones



      Since albion online became free to play the situation on the royals has become harder and harder for gankers, most updates see new changes which affects ganking directly and every time we find ourselves having to change to adapt.



      Some changes which have affected us directly and have been mentioned by the community itself to have had a great effect are the following examples, some of which also affect ganking within the black zone areas, it is not always directly affecting the royal zones only.



      - Increase speed of transport mounts

      - Decrease speed of swiftclaw (most popular ganking mount)

      - CC Immunity when dismounted

      - Invisibility Shrines

      - Extra Bubble zones in BZ

      - Avalonian Roads on royals gives more escape routes

      - Avalonian roads sometimes spawn next to city and gives limitless bubble

      - Bubbles itself being too long

      - Reducing how many red zones are in royals in previous update meaning more players are in less zones

      - Untouchable giant horse spell

      - Reperair items costs increase

      - Items trash increase with more people in party



      When the previous faction update was released, everyone was hyped for it including the ganking community, unfortunately it turned out to have a negative affect on us. Thousands of faction transporters and faction players passing through the royals, indirectly made the content unplayable at times. The outer zones to cearleon have become far too popular and constantly being chased by blue players as well as faction players has become frustrating. When red flagged players do find a target, the chances of killing them and successfully securing the loot are low because of the amount of other players following in these zones. On top of that, if we wish to take matters in to our own hands and fight back, we gain serious reputation loss that eventually denies us access into the zones we wish to play in.



      To summarise the main problems that red flagged players currently have to face in the royals right now :

      • Constantly being followed by groups of blue players as soon as you leave the city, there is no risk anymore and groups of blue warriors can easily reach numbers of 30+ in a matter of minutes.
      • Faction flagged players, whether transporting or looking for fights, often get involved in red vs blue content and most of the time travel in huge groups
      • The looting system seems broken, players will wait until reds kill a target, only to then kill the group and either wait until the loot becomes available or flag up themselves to gain all access to the loot. They essentially have none of the risk that a red flagged player does however still get all the rewards.
      • Make faction and red/blue two separate combat systems. Faction flagged players do not rely on fighting red flagged players for content and visa versa, it doesn’t need to be in the game and will ensure that the royal continent does not die for none faction players. Same system is actually implemented on yellow maps right now.
      • Re-work the looting system. Someone who does no damage, is not in combat, is not red flagged shouldn’t gain access to another groups loot so easily, they should not gain all the reward for 0 risk. Only players who deal damage or the target themselves should be allowed to loot so easily, something needs to be changed.





      The next update looks like it will have huge effects on the royals however as a red flagged player I am not sure if these will be positive changes, the update is going to draw huge amounts of players into the royal zones, most who will choose a faction to fight for, if these faction groups overrun the royal continent it would potentially make red flagged players become none existent.

      Remember that although ganking can give huge rewards when successful, it is a vital part of the game to keep a healthy economy, without ganking and red flagged players in the royals there would be a huge surge in items making their way to the markets within cearleon. The current trash rate is huge and when you add repair costs on top, gankers do not earn a huge cosmic amount of money like most people think.



      I would like to suggest something which I hope the developers will consider.

      • Make faction and red/blue two separate combat systems. Faction flagged players do not rely on fighting red flagged players for content and visa versa, it doesn’t need to be in the game and will ensure that the royal continent does not die for none faction players. Same system is actually implemented on yellow maps right now.
      • Re-work the looting system. Someone who does no damage, is not in combat, is not red flagged shouldn’t gain access to another groups loot so easily, they should not gain all the reward for 0 risk. Only players who deal damage or the target themselves should be allowed to loot so easily, something needs to be changed.



      These problems were also recently raised on AlbionTV in an interview with Ganty, leader of Shock Tactics and someone who is respected in the ganking community. twitch.tv/videos/923459684



      This is just the tip of the iceberg and I would love to talk to the developers more about our ideas. I hope that this message won't be forgotten in the flood of messages you receive.



      I look forward to your reply,



      AngryWolf
      Amen
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      You are doing bad things to people who are peaceful what did you expect?
      SBI have made their stance quite clear after so many patches that they want to move away from unfair many v 1 with so many claws/cc builds
      to a more fair senario where both sides are ready to die.

      if you feel fun ganking hopeless people who 9/10 times do not fight back cause you are a party of 5 v1 invis ganking then so be it

      if you cannot handle a pack of blues/flagged just cause they are in fight gear instead of running gear then so be it. just admit it you suck in fair fights and just want to bully solo players

      its risk vs reward when flagging as red because you are expected to kill a blue with a high potential in loot (people transporting to black market)
      and when a pack of blues/faction players chase you just accept it as karma
      and where is the risk of a crafter/transporter escorted/protected by random blues/faction flagged for half a red map where he can just jump in a bubble after another bubble ?
      no penalty for blues seems a bit too much for me.
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      You are doing bad things to people who are peaceful what did you expect?
      SBI have made their stance quite clear after so many patches that they want to move away from unfair many v 1 with so many claws/cc builds
      to a more fair senario where both sides are ready to die.

      if you feel fun ganking hopeless people who 9/10 times do not fight back cause you are a party of 5 v1 invis ganking then so be it

      if you cannot handle a pack of blues/flagged just cause they are in fight gear instead of running gear then so be it. just admit it you suck in fair fights and just want to bully solo players

      its risk vs reward when flagging as red because you are expected to kill a blue with a high potential in loot (people transporting to black market)
      and when a pack of blues/faction players chase you just accept it as karma
      We don't exactly suck in fair fights, you people always brings up the same arguement as in 'You can only 5v1' well last i checked, it was impossible to solo kill a grizzly in full plate, so are you suggesting that transporters get a free ride to Cearleon with no risk?

      As for the fair fight part, killing the blues is not really an issue, infact its quite easy but after you kill one blob of blues you go dreaded and are unable to continue doing the content that you like, its stupid.
    • Yes with the flood of blue players everywhere the reputation loss of flagging needs a drastic overhaul if not complete removal. I have not flagged in forever but actually feel bad for the guys when I see 50 blues chasing 4 red guys. Flagging is already insane risky in Royals now no need to also have reputation penalties. Or again at the very least greatly reduce the rep penalties per kill.
    • WscieklyGaming wrote:

      Make faction and red/blue two separate combat systems. Faction flagged players do not rely on fighting red flagged players for content and visa versa, it doesn’t need to be in the game and will ensure that the royal continent does not die for none faction players. Same system is actually implemented on yellow maps right now.
      This system in yellow is implemented because in the past the flagged players kill factioned players for their friend with 4.1 finish the kneeling player, that is, the update was done to PROTECT factioned players from an unfair fight: red players have no risk in yellow zones and faction players have risk.
    • i agree in some points,and disagree in others,the fact is that the route carleon>royals> royals>carleon, NEED to be have danger,the increase in number of red maps are nice,but if the meta will be a bunch of t4 people chasing u down flagged,its not gonna be fun for the gankers,and also for people that craft,since nowdays prices have dropped because everysingle person can put a naked t8 ox,and have not really a chance of killing anyone.


      i ask the devs,is there any chance of killing someone in red zones without dual account scouting?
      only scouts from gankers get reported,what do u guys want? full pass? make the all zones blue and get it over them lol
    • Lol @WscieklyGaming
      You had 4 years to learn to git gud, and now you cry ?
      No one enjoys getting ganked 5v1, and no there is no elite gankers, only people that can call themself elite is those who take the 1v5 and win, like that russian streamer guy (cant spell hes name)

      Faction players are technically blue players, and of cause they are gonna kill red flagged players, because they don't like to get ganked 5v1 either.

      My suggestion is, spend the next 4 years, join a faction and git gud, learn to actually pvp. And no killing a guy on an 0x with 4 buddies is not really skilled pvp, it's just sad.

      I for once actually thinks that the game in that department is going in the right direction. However the red vs blue thing could use some improvements, but thats a tale for another time.
    • That list seems to me like just a list of tweaks that prevent cheesing the game.


      WscieklyGaming wrote:

      The outer zones to cearleon have become far too popular and constantly being chased by blue players as well as faction players has become frustrating.
      All I'm reading here is 'We are getting ganked and that frustrates us'. Well golly gee, not being able to go about your business without a dozen people trying to kill you sure is frustrating, isnt it?


      WscieklyGaming wrote:

      ensure that the royal continent does not die for none faction players.
      I mean if flagging red is so terrible, you can always faction flag. Oh wait, then you might run into groups of people from other factions, who bring pvp gear and come looking for a fight. I forgot, its not like you can deal with someone fighting back.
    • So ganker is crying that he is ganked too often :D

      Game will gain 20000 new players if all your community of 8000 will drop game. There is not a single successful MMO without solid PVE and player "sign in" PVP.

      TBH even other genres try to ban "ganking" by giving respawn bubbles after respawn in DM or making enemy spawn points insta death.

      Gankers are sociopaths who cant socialise nad have very low ethic - more than decade of studies gaming behaviours, maybe soem day i will publish my work about it here.

      Thats why you dont see big ganking guilds, thats why they always brag about many vs 1 fights but they never engage in equal fights.

      Thats why i say simple:

      You want PVP? Join faction and use it as "new ganking". You cant compete on more fair terms and/or cant socialise with other groups - quit game becaue its not you who keep this mmo going
    • i have died once or twice transporting to carleon and back on a direboar

      so i can say it is not dead but just hard very hard

      and it should be that hard to be fair cause you dont expect a solo person transporting on a dire boar to actually fight back in escape gear
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      i have died once or twice transporting to carleon and back on a direboar

      so i can say it is not dead but just hard very hard

      and it should be that hard to be fair cause you dont expect a solo person transporting on a dire boar to actually fight back in escape gear
      You agree that being a red flagged player is hard

      Like you, I don't like getting ganked... Actually let me rephrase that. I'm sure that no one likes getting ganked. But at the same time why have a mechanic that's hardly playable?

      Isn't the red zone supposed to have some kind of risk other than passing through hellgates and treasure sites very rarely? I thought one of the main points of the red zone is that you can die by red players in it. Was I just mistaken?

      Now, a lot of the red players get hunted down by swarms of blues and faction groups which add no benefit to flagging up red. The second you kill someone as a red everyone on the map sees their death marker and are able to go to the location making it a lot harder to get away after you secure a kill. Faction groups might as well be blues in red zone because they all work together when they see someone flagged up red lol

      I honestly feel like the reputation system needs a rework in general. Red players shouldn't be punished so severely for killing a couple blue guys. You can kill like 3 people and not be able to enter a blue zone until you farm or gather again. Everyone goes into the red zone knowing they can die, shoot there's even a popup to let people know you can die!

      Why should we hand hold everyone trying to transport and pass through red zones by discouraging flagging up red? If you want to survive, dodge skill shots and get better at escaping. Escape gear is very good but people use it very poorly.

      There is a group of players who want to do open world solo pvp content and small scale pvp in red zone but currently it's really hard to pull off. You need a large group to pull something off in red zone and if you're going to go through all that trouble you might as well faction flag at that point.

      So I can understand WscieklyGaming's concern because with the new update more faction players are going to flood the red zones and it's going to make being a red player pretty much unplayable when there's swarms on the map. It sucks because that's content that a lot of people are looking forward to when starting Albion and it's going to have less play when the new update drops and overshadows it. Needless to say I'm very excited for the update!!!
    • i think its got to do with the population of the game

      if blues can mass up like that

      i am not talking about empty alt accounts but about real players

      comparing to april 2020 to now feb 2020 i have seen a spike of players in the royal city of 100+ active players to over 250++ on week days and probaly over 800 ok week ends if you count people hiding in the bank and market place

      and ganking before all the anti ganking buffs were introduce was profitable not to mention still viable.
      anti ganking buff like the solo dungeon closing early, cleanse on dismount and all the mount move speed nerfs

      but after so many nerfs and formation of police groups in every city and even bolster their number with the increased population. it is just not worth ganking as a red anymore.

      road ganking next to the city how ever is still profitable. i have not been having any lack of content of people going into roads next to a city just to fight a 7v7 team fight
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • @WscieklyGaming

      Just because the game allows you to be a "bad guy" (and let's be honest, gankers are nothing but griefers) it doesn't mean that you should be given equal opportunities as the "good guys".
      Your style of gaming is based on ruining someone else's experience. Fair enough, because it's useful to Albion economy and as I said the game allows it.
      But again, it's the same as in real life. You do have the possibility to go and rob people, but if you do and get punished you can't seriously expect to complain about not having had the same opportunities of your victims.
      If SBI just accepted all your suggestions, basically bringing the game back to a year ago or more, half of its player would simply leave.
      PVP is at the core if this game, but it's mostly fun when it's a WILLING pvp on both sides.
      Gankers are not pvpers, they are just griefers and they should be BARELY tolerated. Barely.
    • Zigurath wrote:

      So ganker is crying that he is ganked too often :D

      Game will gain 20000 new players if all your community of 8000 will drop game. There is not a single successful MMO without solid PVE and player "sign in" PVP.

      TBH even other genres try to ban "ganking" by giving respawn bubbles after respawn in DM or making enemy spawn points insta death.

      Gankers are sociopaths who cant socialise nad have very low ethic - more than decade of studies gaming behaviours, maybe soem day i will publish my work about it here.

      Thats why you dont see big ganking guilds, thats why they always brag about many vs 1 fights but they never engage in equal fights.

      Thats why i say simple:

      You want PVP? Join faction and use it as "new ganking". You cant compete on more fair terms and/or cant socialise with other groups - quit game becaue its not you who keep this mmo going
      Have you problems with your mind?
      Cant you understand that ganking is way of earning?
      Cant you understand why gankers haven't big guilds?(btw, ganking need 5-7 persons).
      Ganking with fraction flag is not profitable,because fraction people haven't expensive loot, so gankers never used faction flag. Most of gankers are good pvp-players, who want to gain silver by hunting, they can't fighting because they have NoPvp-sets. It's impossible to fight.