Could the new Faction update destroy Red Flagged Ganking ? [With Suggestions]

    • Faction Warfare
    • nyanpower wrote:

      Alysandra wrote:

      Imagine complaining about this when you guys routinely gank 1 person that has no way of fighting back with 10 players in gear that's worth nothing.

      Making millions upon millions upon millions from transporters, and now you even have more red-zones between cities & caerleon which makes the transport more dangerous.

      You want to get easy prey? Ok, then expecte people jumping you.
      Gankers has a part of why BM is still profitable, imagine if the red zones were non-lethal every player would drop their loot in bm and plummet the prices making it unprofitable and no one would do transport. Laborers in Caerleon are already making lots of damage in BM added with the unnecessary nerfs to BM, lots of alt accounts just AFK crafting thousands of bags every day dropping the prices at an insane rate and still earning money with 0 risks.Gankers are always picky with their targets since reputation loss is very absurd with the current system they can't fight back against large blobs if they wanted to since that would make them dreaded and locked in cities for a few days
      Another perfect example how much they get blobbed by blues after earning millions in less than 10 seconds.

    • I mean by actualy removing the reputation system, reds would finaly be able to gank all those Crafters which would finaly fix the Black market. It finaly balance and become what it used to be high risk high reward. No more mass crafting for Blackmarket printing money which evetualy inflates market prices and makes all the gear worth shit.

      By removing the reputation system - you fix blackmarket - which fixes overall gear prices ( yes they increase in price but that means your loot will finaly be worth something from chests - meaning premium overall will become cheaper to the overall community and not just for the crafters ) Would be a good change for the game. Id pray for you Blackmarket transporters to get ganked because your fuckign up all the prices ingame.

      Back TO THE ROOTS.

      fck the shitters / fck the rmters

      Praise be!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Itsmagic001 ().

    • They could just make it that Blue and yellow zones you cannot be hardflagged, If you go into those zones you need to be deflag 1st, since faction flagging being changed to nonlethal for Blue and yellow it would be a perfect change.

      This would also prevent gankers from massing in red zones at yellow entrances and just hopping back and forth if too many blues show up.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

      If you remove reputation there is 0 reason not to bring 20+ gankers and close roads all day in the red zone.

      Reputation system is a must, so stop asking for simple removal of it.

      Instead, ask for changes in it or more effective way of doing it. Red zones ARENT black zones. If you want 0 punishment PK go to Black Zones.
      Hey, If you want 0 punishment go to black zones, i think a lot of people are ok with that... But people need to stop spending 99% of their Albion careers in BLUE yellow and RED zones... People come to gank Royals as hard flagged because there is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too many people there..
    • ImaDoki wrote:

      If you remove reputation there is 0 reason not to bring 20+ gankers and close roads all day in the red zone.
      There is a very good reason, hundreds of blue PK hunters who would love the opportunity to hunt some more.

      It would be a good change for everyone.

      Pair removal of reputation with inability to enter cities and blue/yellow zones while hardflagged , and it would be perfect. No more reds running to yellow zones to get immunity, no more blues attacking reds with 0 risk because reputation system prevents them from defending themselves. Risk for everyone, content for everyone.
    • Rainphase wrote:

      But people need to stop spending 99% of their Albion careers in BLUE yellow and RED zones... People come to gank Royals as hard flagged because there is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too many people there..
      I see that every crying gank-wanna be would like to be "The King". All the time they whine how ppl shouldnt do hce or other content or how ppl shouldn't gather on royals etc.

      Funny thing those kids would ruin every single organisation/project they are in because no one like dictators. But as i said bfore that kind of ppl are sociopaths and they just waste our time.
    • Zigurath wrote:

      Rainphase wrote:

      But people need to stop spending 99% of their Albion careers in BLUE yellow and RED zones... People come to gank Royals as hard flagged because there is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too many people there..
      I see that every crying gank-wanna be would like to be "The King". All the time they whine how ppl shouldnt do hce or other content or how ppl shouldn't gather on royals etc.
      Funny thing those kids would ruin every single organisation/project they are in because no one like dictators. But as i said bfore that kind of ppl are sociopaths and they just waste our time.
      Dude, this is a game, Black zone is what you would consider end game. People care WAY too much about virtual content and thus sit in safer zones Blue Yellow / Red. I enjoy fights and ganking... that doesn't make me a sociopath. That's like saying that people who play 1st person shooters are murderers.

      Come on dude, People need to play more of the games content and care less about silver / gear. There is so many way to make silver. I constantly watch people on twitch fight others in CD and consistently see people Running. Not resetting but full out running to get away and leave. I even see some that keep running even though they are 100% dead. Just give up stand there and die with dignity. Still running with 0% escape chance, hilarious, how about turning around and fighting for a change.. wow what a revelation we got here.. Fighting in a PVP game.. MIND BLOWN OMFG NEW CONTENT??????????????
    • Rainphase wrote:

      Zigurath wrote:

      Rainphase wrote:

      But people need to stop spending 99% of their Albion careers in BLUE yellow and RED zones... People come to gank Royals as hard flagged because there is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too many people there..
      I see that every crying gank-wanna be would like to be "The King". All the time they whine how ppl shouldnt do hce or other content or how ppl shouldn't gather on royals etc.Funny thing those kids would ruin every single organisation/project they are in because no one like dictators. But as i said bfore that kind of ppl are sociopaths and they just waste our time.
      Dude, this is a game, Black zone is what you would consider end game. People care WAY too much about virtual content and thus sit in safer zones Blue Yellow / Red. I enjoy fights and ganking... that doesn't make me a sociopath. That's like saying that people who play 1st person shooters are murderers.
      Come on dude, People need to play more of the games content and care less about silver / gear. There is so many way to make silver. I constantly watch people on twitch fight others in CD and consistently see people Running. Not resetting but full out running to get away and leave. I even see some that keep running even though they are 100% dead. Just give up stand there and die with dignity. Still running with 0% escape chance, hilarious, how about turning around and fighting for a change.. wow what a revelation we got here.. Fighting in a PVP game.. MIND BLOWN OMFG NEW CONTENT??????????????
      I dont see Zigurath saying anything against pvp, he/she is all about the totaly broken ganking system in red zones. Gankers dont wanna fight, all they want is to spoil other peoples gaming expirience and obtain posessions that they cannot obtain by their dedication to the game.

      Gatherers and crafters have to spend tons of time to obtain high level skills to be abled to gather and craft high level stuff. For a ganker all it takes is a t4 set and ZERO dedication. Even more, very little skill is required as gatherers and crafters are currently by design way inferior to people with regular catching gear. That in no way represents the concept of risk vs reward that SBI claims to be the base for Albion. Gankers are freeloading on that for sure.

      We definetly need much harder punishment on those who gank gatherers and crafters instead of doing actual fights. I say: implement things like account deactivation on getting dreaded, massive skill cuts on all accounts used by the same ip, make the islands, banks and market offers of gankers distrainable.
    • What, no, that's way too harsh. Gankers vs transporters and gatherers is still a thing that's SUPPOSED to happen. The only problem is that it makes the game way too easy for the gankers and in response to that, the players fixed it by putting together large counter ganking parties and made hunting reds a fashionable thing to do.
      The very thing that gankers like OP complain about is the result of the players realizing that the gankers are freeloaders and making their lives a little less easy. I consider red zones being full of armed-to-the-teeth blues including faction flagged people a good thing. Just like when you flag for a faction, if you flag red, you SHOULD run into people armed and willing to fight you. If you can't defend yourself against other players and still flag red, you have no reason to complain.

      You're emulating the life of a highwayman, a bandit who hides along the road to ambush traders and other travellers. You are HIDING for a reason, because the local lords have armies that will hunt you down if they find out where you are. Likewise if you flag red to gank transporters, you SHOULD be forced to do a lot of navigating and avoiding blues. Escaping heavily armed blues is just as much part of the pvp experience as hunting the transporters and gatherers is and one is correctly tied to the other.
    • PlezHlpImNup wrote:

      I agree that this reputation loss is an unnecessary mechanic. In fact, in order to balance out the risk vs reward issue, we need other mechanics like permanent and massive skill losses on gankers and possibilities for the blues to invade gankers islands.
      Not gonna lie... He had me in the first half
      You're most definitely pronouncing my nick wrong... wait till you see my real name tho.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Someky ().

    • I've previous been part of a Redzone antigank alliance (Yes thats a thing) and would like to throw a couple of cents:

      1: Angrywolf is right is saying that transport ganking is good for the game economy. not having risk will at some point almost flatline the cost of items in most places to be the same. It also diminished the rush people get of the ''possibility'' of getting ganked, even if they don't.

      2: The fact that red-zone gankers get hit by 30+ (although perhaps a bit more than realistic) is only partially a coincidence. We kept tabs on known regular gankers and pinged our contacts to clean them up. Often with the philosophy: If a red stays in the same zone long enough they will get swarmed and die. I would however like to point out that part of the reason for the swarm is because reds are not liked by a majority of players. Most people's worst experiences of the game has been an encounter with reds in a both unwinnable fight AND non-consensual pvp. Ganking will always be, to some extent non-consensual, but losing 20 hours of work in terms of silver from a single gank from a grp wearing 4.1 and T6 claws does not feel to be an adequate Risk vs reward from both parties involved, and people remember that gank unpleasantly for months. People HATE gankers, and for good reason. (although their overall existence is GOOD for the game)

      3: Redzone ganking have from our data become an ever increasing armsrace of cunning. Some gankers scout out people from Sterling and have prepared an ambush for them in the red-zone before they even enter a yellowzone. We have also seen gankers not comply with TOS by using blue mobile alts as scouts in the same zone as their main to scout out targets before flagging. Although not violating TOS, we have also seen reds trading loot with their blue friends or have a blue put down a morgane crate they stash the loot in, which the blue then picks up. Reds often have a blue in their party and where they can scout people and trade reds with no risk, sometimes even having a guy on an ox following them. I do however believe red-zone ganking will become slightly easier with the addition of more maps and that factions will reside more in the contested areas. Possible lessing the density of blues in certain maps and thereby fewer blue zergs reds have to watch out for.

      4: I also agree that there should be changes in loot-rules about being part of the fight. It would also help antiganking, as the prime problem for antiganking has been twofold:
      1) Finding reds that, for obvious reasons, are hiding (thank you hellgates for unreliable red-counters)
      2) fighting the reds while a swarm of blue are looting the reds you just killed while you are still fighting. Sometimes the guy you just saved starts to rat your corpses mid-fight. They will NOT fight the reds, they will LOOT! making antiganking a close to non-profit enterprise because you are LUCKY if you manage to even loot a demon cape or swifty after killing 5 reds while risking your gear.

      5: The real problem, from the perspective of antiganking, is not the existence of gankers. It's the people some gankers chose to target, new players. Much ganking is, simply put, cheesing new players and abusing the difference in game knowledge and strategy. Making it a trial by fire to learn every single somewhat esoteric game mechanic (such as bubble timers and what affects them) in order to not get cheesed. A new players just venturing into the red-zone does not need 3 players following him into his solo with windwalls, but that's the new player experience, especially in T7 zones. The reds will then finish the dungeon to get a bit of rep and wait out their red timer, soo much risk on both sides.
    • PlezHlpImNup wrote:

      Rainphase wrote:

      Zigurath wrote:

      Rainphase wrote:

      But people need to stop spending 99% of their Albion careers in BLUE yellow and RED zones... People come to gank Royals as hard flagged because there is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too many people there..
      I see that every crying gank-wanna be would like to be "The King". All the time they whine how ppl shouldnt do hce or other content or how ppl shouldn't gather on royals etc.Funny thing those kids would ruin every single organisation/project they are in because no one like dictators. But as i said bfore that kind of ppl are sociopaths and they just waste our time.
      Dude, this is a game, Black zone is what you would consider end game. People care WAY too much about virtual content and thus sit in safer zones Blue Yellow / Red. I enjoy fights and ganking... that doesn't make me a sociopath. That's like saying that people who play 1st person shooters are murderers.Come on dude, People need to play more of the games content and care less about silver / gear. There is so many way to make silver. I constantly watch people on twitch fight others in CD and consistently see people Running. Not resetting but full out running to get away and leave. I even see some that keep running even though they are 100% dead. Just give up stand there and die with dignity. Still running with 0% escape chance, hilarious, how about turning around and fighting for a change.. wow what a revelation we got here.. Fighting in a PVP game.. MIND BLOWN OMFG NEW CONTENT??????????????
      I dont see Zigurath saying anything against pvp, he/she is all about the totaly broken ganking system in red zones. Gankers dont wanna fight, all they want is to spoil other peoples gaming expirience and obtain posessions that they cannot obtain by their dedication to the game.
      Gatherers and crafters have to spend tons of time to obtain high level skills to be abled to gather and craft high level stuff. For a ganker all it takes is a t4 set and ZERO dedication. Even more, very little skill is required as gatherers and crafters are currently by design way inferior to people with regular catching gear. That in no way represents the concept of risk vs reward that SBI claims to be the base for Albion. Gankers are freeloading on that for sure.

      We definetly need much harder punishment on those who gank gatherers and crafters instead of doing actual fights. I say: implement things like account deactivation on getting dreaded, massive skill cuts on all accounts used by the same ip, make the islands, banks and market offers of gankers distrainable.
      I am really confused by this, You are comparing Apples to Oranges again and assuming out the wazoo to make your point.

      Gankers Do want to fight, Yes some poor newer players watch youtube videos and think its how you get rich.. Its not.. Ganking is content. Yes people get enjoyment ruining others gameplay experiences, if you are not an adult you need to work on handling this, if you are an adult you need to work on realizing this is pixels in a game and its a FULL LOOT PVP GAME.. Maybe try another game without the Full Loot Grief Mechanic.

      Everyone can option any item in this game, I gather, I craft, I pvp, I gank.. I also Gank in High Tier gear and A lot of times im solo ganking in 8.3 gear.

      Risk Wise.. lets weight the risk... You just spent HOURS and DAYS and WEEKs and MONTHS Farming Crafting and on your Adventures selling your 100m in loot to the Caerleon Black market..... But you got greedy.. You decided to go on your Mammoth Naked or with T4 Gear expecting your ride to be easy peasy.. To REAP your REWARDS for your hard Crafted Gear. 100% Risk = 100% Reward for Pirates, Gankers and all. Maybe next time Hire a Squad of Pvpers to Escort you thru the zones to Caerleon. Yes it may cost you 5m or 10m But your stupidity and I'm untouchable Carebear attitude got you ganked and all of your time is wasted and reaped by others. So tell me... Who is really griefing who.. cause honestly You are denying players content and griefing yourself.............................................

      We need much harsher punishment for players that don't realize this is a group orientated game.. If you decide to risk it all going solo then don't complain when you die.