Hellgate Feedback:

• Hellgates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey there,

• The distance is still a matter of balancing, we still would love to have players roam the open world before they go into a Hellgate chaining spree. The new Hellgate iteration should still cut down the time spent outside in the open world by quite a bit.

• The Ip is going to be raised from 1000 to 1100 on Friday :)
      • And we are still collecting data, how much fame can actually be achieved in the Hellgate

Hope that helps a bit
      Cheers,
      Dom
    • Hello @Seldom,

I think the change from 1000 to 1100 is great. Keep in mind that many veterans want to take the advantage with a 50% soft-cap this evidently in the past has presented a problem in giving an entry point. Keeping it at 80% will be important so that what has already happened with IP abuse does not happen again in these new features.

As for travel for hellgates it makes total sense, I feel that up to two distance maps is appropriate but three is already excessive.

Thank you very much for your time. ^^
    • Norgannon wrote:

Hello @Seldom,

I think the change from 1000 to 1100 is great. Keep in mind that many veterans want to take the advantage with a 50% soft-cap this evidently in the past has presented a problem in giving an entry point. Keeping it at 80% will be important so that what has already happened with IP abuse does not happen again in these new features.

As for travel for hellgates it makes total sense, I feel that up to two distance maps is appropriate but three is already excessive.

Thank you very much for your time. ^^
      then what's even the point of high tier gear if you can't even use it and just can reach caps in every thing with 4.1-4.2....
      50% soft cap is good because it rewards players for risking millions instead of risking 300k of gear.

I remember when I barely started and the rare times I successfully cheesed people in 2's with 8.1-8.2 gear and killed them with mobs was really rewarding since I was risking 50-100k silver worth of gear. so I legit could die 30 times and still be profitable just from the pvp kills.

There needs more situations where people can use 8.3 without too many major drawbacks especially since the cost of a 8.3 set has never been cheaper, most sets are now under 7-10m mark on very few exception, even expensive artifacts like perma and blazing dropped more than 50% in cost. (artefact was 16-18mil couple months ago, now it's 8-9.5m)
    • Norgannon wrote:

@Deathskills you like other veterans on the forum want them to put a 50% soft-cap to abuse newcomers with T8.3. We must stop giving feedback for personal gain and look beyond for the health of the game, if we end up with a content that only elite teams run it there will be no fun.
      You realize that with infamy matchmaking, the veterans you mention will most likely match each other once infamy balances itself out. The good teams will run good gear, but there's still plenty of opportunity to participate.

Look at Stalker corrupteds, I can personally go in a 30k silver set and win most fights. The difference is hellgates can't be tiered like corrupteds otherwise you risk splitting the pool of teams to fight, turning into no shows. So a 50% Cap after a decent enough IP is the best inbetween to keep it fun for BOTH new players and veterans.
      The Fleet's Guild Master
      Roads of Avalon Guild

discord.gg/8WqzHdm
    • Norgannon wrote:

@Deathskills you like other veterans on the forum want them to put a 50% soft-cap to abuse newcomers with T8.3. We must stop giving feedback for personal gain and look beyond for the health of the game, if we end up with a content that only elite teams run it there will be no fun.
      There’s a successful and balanced matchmaking system with 50% cap ALREADY WORKING in the game called Corrupted Dungeons and both my new player and veteran friends agrees that it feels balanced. I watch my friends that I invite to try this game and they never get a fight against people in high tier due to the matchmaking.
      If a team is willing to bring 5 men in 8.3 AND WINNING then the infamy system will balance it out by putting them to match with higher rank players.
    • Norgannon wrote:

Like what's legit the point of having gear that can be 1800-1900ip when I can cap the 1100 in 4.1 or flat 4 in ava artefact...
      Like this is dumber to cap it since it only causes gucci gear to go unused.
      Weird how people don't complain about the IP in corrupted when nobody has issue with the 50% cap and people running 8.3. Lot's of people go in flat 8 to do them and they enjoy getting those 8.3 kills since those are easily worth 10 to 12x the value of their gear that they are risking. (so aka the moment you kill one out of 10 you do not lose money).
      And if you get a good record and are a good player, regardless of being a veteran, you can make tens/hundreds of millions almost daily just by killing those guys.

Oh and I ain't that much of a Veterans as some others, I might have played in Beta, but once the game launched, I didn't touch the game until f2p release so technically, apart of starting with a bit of gold and like 2.5k learning points, I was f2p and didn't get as big of an advantage as people that played a full year before f2p launch.

Genuinely, 5men and 10men hg shouldn't have an IP cap in the last infamy "rank".
      Would provide another content that rewards people for taking big risk of bringing 8.3 in ow even if it is for a short duration and keep risking it inside the HG in PVP.
    • The reason to make it hard capped or 80-90% is _to_ make it a skill based match up, and not a who has the most money match up.

I see 2v2, 5v5 HGs as entry levels to Crystal league, and they should not be turned into a money making factory, everyone should be able to do them, on even footing.

Making a soft cap at 50% is a joke, and it will be abused.
    • Seldom wrote:

we still would love to have players roam the open world before they go into a Hellgate chaining spree
      If you force some content then make sure it is at least sometimes interesting... open world is not dangerous for unflagged players and is just a horse simulator. To make it thrilling you should bring a lot of pvp into, but you cant due to the lot of whining pve carebears that bring you money, Make game comfortable for pvp players please without boring horse riding and hellgate mobs killing
    • Seldom wrote:

Hey there,

• The distance is still a matter of balancing, we still would love to have players roam the open world before they go into a Hellgate chaining spree. The new Hellgate iteration should still cut down the time spent outside in the open world by quite a bit.

• The Ip is going to be raised from 1000 to 1100 on Friday :)
      • And we are still collecting data, how much fame can actually be achieved in the Hellgate

Hope that helps a bit
      Cheers,
      Dom

I assume you are talking about 5v5 HGs from Caerleon, because I can guarantee that I'll be spending significantly more time traveling compared to running 2v2 HGs right out of a hideout.

Maybe this is intended, as it means people like me will be forced to double/triple dip to make up for the lack of efficiency with static gate removal. Which is fine, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as less time in the open world, at least not for everyone.

1100 ip cap adjustment with 80% cap is probably good. I'm a fan of low ip caps for accessibility, but imo max spec players with flat 6 (aka min for all abilities) shouldn't feel punished for wearing the minimum required gear for their builds to function.