2,046 accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

    • Loucipher wrote:

      With that mindset, I assume you never miss out on a "Fell Off A Truck" promotion in real life. I mean, c'mon, if it's free, only a complete loser would skip on it, right?
      Tell you what: if a complete stranger offers you something for free, it's either stolen, has strings attached to it, or it's a scam. Simple as that. It's common knowledge among intelligent human beings out there.

      Besides, there's a rule in T&Cs saying that obtaining in-game benefits without comparable recompense is conaidered RMT. All users have to confirm they understand and agree to abide by the T&Cs when registering their accounts by clicking the relevant field during registration. No one is forced to do that, it's your own choice. Griefing that you have to abide by the rules you expressly agreed on is, well... not very logical, to say the least.
      Seriously? This is your attitude to life? Makes me sad. I wish you find some love in your life some day <3

      I gave away a skeleton set to guy who wanted to RP a skeleton in the game and had a skeleton avatar on the forums.

      I sold a Fox mount (for credit and fraction of the value) to a person who always plays fox characters in every game they play.

      (I think I messaged Albion support about that Fox skin :saint: . Did not want to get banned for selling a skin that was worth 300+ M at the the time for 10M or so...)

      There was zero strings attached. I just felt good that they enjoyed the game a little longer than they might have without me helping them out a little.

      I am only sharing this because I want to say that giving make you feel better. Not because you prove everyone else that you are a better person or anything. Fuck that. Because you made someone else smile for even for few minutes.

      Yes, both of them consumed the skins and were happy running/riding around. And I left them play the game the way they wanted.

      You probably want to exploit other people and gank them. That is your choice. But don't say that is how everyone lives their lives / play their computer games ;)
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?
    • Easy there, mate. I'm not denying the fact there might be generous souls like you who just like helping others. All the world's charities thrive on that and it's a good thing, for without them, the world would be a much darker place. I come from a country where a big charity raises enough funds on a yearly basis to make a serious difference in our healthcare budget :) For this reason, I believe in charity and I believe giving makes us better people in general.

      As for my attitude to life... well, let's not carry this topic any further than we need to, this forum is not the right place for stuff like that. Suffice to say I've seen enough in my life to be cautious of random people giving me gifts I didn't even ask for in the first place. Time will tell whether or not I find enough love in my life, but I thank you for your kind words and wishes. My best wishes to you as well :)

      As for ganking and exploiting others... suffice to say you missed not only the mark, but a general direction altogether. Comes from a guy with exactly zero PvP fame, who had his alt ganked twice. Definitely not my cup of tea, that ganking thing. But hey, we shall not tell others how to live their lives and play their computer games, now shall we? :)
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      Bieve wrote:

      You kind of pointed out one way already, "give it to their main account". That's altogether different than getting a donation from someone else. Logs, past behaviors on accounts, playtime, there's a lot that goes into determining if an account is real or no and whether an action was innocent; and this isn't specific to Albion. I'm not saying mistakes aren't made either. But it's a far more complex topic with far more complex solutions than, "what if someone random gifts me a thing?". Realistically, if you're not doing anything wrong, you're probably fine. And if, for some reason, you're not, reach out to support.
      It's just for the sake of argument. I play with just myself and another guy with no guild so I don't receive anything from anyone else.
      "Realistically, if you're not doing anything wrong, you're probably fine" -> yes, but I was talking about people that DO wrong thing, but are still fine. There's just no difference from a player receive item donations from stranger, and someone use alt account to buy silver, then buy item and transfer to main account to play as "donation".
      Please try to keep in mind that as Albion devs and moderators or ones with power to take action.. We are playing a Free to play game with micro transactions and other forms for the company to make money. The amount of people they would need to put on payroll to monitor every single transaction between Thousands and Thousands of players per day would be insane to even think about and nowhere near feasible.

      Seeing the posts and such they are finding laundering chains and banning those who are associated.. Is it going to stop it... No, because people are making $$$ but it severely dampens their ability and blocks huge amounts of silver being generated / sold. Lets also not forget that everything they do is preventing other people who are looking to try to get into it. So overall any progress and any action being taking is a step in the right direction. People that do this understand its a multi billion dollar business yearly, and almost every gaming company with the exception of super small or super new ones (which probably are working on it anyway) have something in place to deal with this behavior.

      Its just like Your grass.. you gotta mow it every couple weeks, but just cause you cut it low doesn't mean its not going to grow back.
    • A sound suggestion, indeed... a gold price tag on them would at least cut the market prices down to appropriate levels ;)
      On the other hand, referral skins were meant to be special rewards for bringing new players in, not just another generic vanity item. It just so happens that since they are not account-bound and the system for awarding them was ruthlessly abused many times, the old skins have obviously lost their intended purpose, having been turned into a trading commodity.
      In my opinion, the best solution to the referral skin problem would be to introduce both suggested methods combined: make the old referral skins accessible in the Vanity Shop for gold, and make all the new ones account-bound. This will cure both the symptoms and the cause of this disease; punish the greed of those who abused the system in the past and prevent the abuse by those who would want to be greedy in the future.
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...
    • Mytherceria wrote:

      Loucipher wrote:

      對於仍然有疑問的人:請再次閱讀第一篇文章,@ Mytherceria確實將這一點明確說明了。他們發現了超過2000個使用欺詐方法(通常是沖銷的付款)購買黃金的帳戶,並禁止了這些帳戶。故事結局。很好的造成他們討厭的臭蟲,做好SBI,保持這種狀態 :)

      現在,我召集了我們尊敬的社區經理來這個話題,我自己有幾個問題:
      作為市場的常客,我注意到以遊戲中的物品進行瘋狂的白銀交易的交易趨勢不斷增加(例如,價值1k的藥水突然被交易為150萬或一些如此之高的交易)。這顯然暗示了RMT的介入,因為沒有理智的用戶願意為如此容易製作的藥水付那麼多錢。
      1.一般機構是否積極監測這些交易,還是需要引起工作人員注意?
      2.如果需要報告這些問題,最有效的方法是什麼?
      預先感謝您的回答。
      我被召喚了

      要回答您的問題,是的,我們會監控交易。有時候,這是一個情況,雖然有人不小心購買了價格過高的商品:/

      但是,如果您遇到可疑交易,請發送電子郵件至support@albiononline.com

      希望能有所幫助!

      -偉大的老一個
      This situation still exists
      For example: $2 for waste products suddenly becomes $20 million
      very strange

      China Channel's game currency exchange for cash is serious
      And recently there have been many fixed fishing robots, they are fixed in place 24H and solve precise fish points, without deviation
      or
      Robots that collect cotton, they hit the cotton back and forth on a fixed route in a small area, behaving like robots

      I believe these robots are related to China’s game currency studios
      And allowing these behaviors will only speed up the death of the game
      I have seen this in other games
    • Loucipher wrote:

      A sound suggestion, indeed... a gold price tag on them would at least cut the market prices down to appropriate levels ;)
      On the other hand, referral skins were meant to be special rewards for bringing new players in, not just another generic vanity item. It just so happens that since they are not account-bound and the system for awarding them was ruthlessly abused many times, the old skins have obviously lost their intended purpose, having been turned into a trading commodity.
      In my opinion, the best solution to the referral skin problem would be to introduce both suggested methods combined: make the old referral skins accessible in the Vanity Shop for gold, and make all the new ones account-bound. This will cure both the symptoms and the cause of this disease; punish the greed of those who abused the system in the past and prevent the abuse by those who would want to be greedy in the future.
      True, but if they are supposed to be special then they should be account bound, not marketable?

      It sucks I gotta pay such a high price to get an amazing skin, when I could just buy directly from SBI?
    • Trisha wrote:

      Loucipher wrote:

      A sound suggestion, indeed... a gold price tag on them would at least cut the market prices down to appropriate levels ;)
      On the other hand, referral skins were meant to be special rewards for bringing new players in, not just another generic vanity item. It just so happens that since they are not account-bound and the system for awarding them was ruthlessly abused many times, the old skins have obviously lost their intended purpose, having been turned into a trading commodity.
      In my opinion, the best solution to the referral skin problem would be to introduce both suggested methods combined: make the old referral skins accessible in the Vanity Shop for gold, and make all the new ones account-bound. This will cure both the symptoms and the cause of this disease; punish the greed of those who abused the system in the past and prevent the abuse by those who would want to be greedy in the future.
      True, but if they are supposed to be special then they should be account bound, not marketable?
      It sucks I gotta pay such a high price to get an amazing skin, when I could just buy directly from SBI?
      That's why I advocate for both solutions at once. There's nothing we can do about the old skins, the milk is already spilled and no amount of crying will change the fact they have been already traded by every "prospective buyer", their dogs and grandmas included.
      Making the new ones untradeable will cut off the trading practice at its source, while putting a fixed gold price tag on the old ones will prevent people from speculating on them.
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...
    • Trisha wrote:

      Loucipher wrote:

      A sound suggestion, indeed... a gold price tag on them would at least cut the market prices down to appropriate levels ;)
      On the other hand, referral skins were meant to be special rewards for bringing new players in, not just another generic vanity item. It just so happens that since they are not account-bound and the system for awarding them was ruthlessly abused many times, the old skins have obviously lost their intended purpose, having been turned into a trading commodity.
      In my opinion, the best solution to the referral skin problem would be to introduce both suggested methods combined: make the old referral skins accessible in the Vanity Shop for gold, and make all the new ones account-bound. This will cure both the symptoms and the cause of this disease; punish the greed of those who abused the system in the past and prevent the abuse by those who would want to be greedy in the future.
      True, but if they are supposed to be special then they should be account bound, not marketable?
      It sucks I gotta pay such a high price to get an amazing skin, when I could just buy directly from SBI?
      Yes, but its the demand that created the value, ingame mechanics aren't dependent on these skins so the value of them shouldn't matter to a large degree for player experience as a whole. Sure, it sucks if you don't have the silver to buy the skins you want, but that's what a free economy is like. The benefits of the current referral system outweigh the drawbacks.

      Loucipher wrote:

      Trisha wrote:

      Loucipher wrote:

      A sound suggestion, indeed... a gold price tag on them would at least cut the market prices down to appropriate levels ;)
      On the other hand, referral skins were meant to be special rewards for bringing new players in, not just another generic vanity item. It just so happens that since they are not account-bound and the system for awarding them was ruthlessly abused many times, the old skins have obviously lost their intended purpose, having been turned into a trading commodity.
      In my opinion, the best solution to the referral skin problem would be to introduce both suggested methods combined: make the old referral skins accessible in the Vanity Shop for gold, and make all the new ones account-bound. This will cure both the symptoms and the cause of this disease; punish the greed of those who abused the system in the past and prevent the abuse by those who would want to be greedy in the future.
      True, but if they are supposed to be special then they should be account bound, not marketable?It sucks I gotta pay such a high price to get an amazing skin, when I could just buy directly from SBI?
      That's why I advocate for both solutions at once. There's nothing we can do about the old skins, the milk is already spilled and no amount of crying will change the fact they have been already traded by every "prospective buyer", their dogs and grandmas included.Making the new ones untradeable will cut off the trading practice at its source, while putting a fixed gold price tag on the old ones will prevent people from speculating on them.
      Lets think about the purpose of the referral system for a moment as well as its impact on the gold economy. SBI relies heavily on the sales of Gold for its income, the game is after all, free to play, players are motivated to buy gold if the silver value of gold goes up, the silver value of gold goes up when gold gets consumed through the conversion to membership. What does the referral system stimulate? The conversion of gold to membership. You could even argue that the primary benefit of the referral system is to have gold consumed by players rather then actually drawing new players to the game.
      Discord: Redsaw#0001

      Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Redsaw ().

    • CassX wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters
      I do this maybe every week and more than a year, not for premium but for other reasons .. How come I don't have a ban? Because all the silver comes from the game / SBI shop? ... I'm not saying it won't be a mistake, but I don't really believe it. Stop supporting fucking RMT and you won't get a ban .. I know that SBI are not saints, they have "gray zones" in the rules, and I disagree with them on many things, but in this I stand with them, ban for all RMTs, both sellers and buyers!
      people are free to spend their money where they want. SBI has no reason to duplicate payment on RMT.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Balarick ().

    • Balarick wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters
      I do this maybe every week and more than a year, not for premium but for other reasons .. How come I don't have a ban? Because all the silver comes from the game / SBI shop? ... I'm not saying it won't be a mistake, but I don't really believe it. Stop supporting fucking RMT and you won't get a ban .. I know that SBI are not saints, they have "gray zones" in the rules, and I disagree with them on many things, but in this I stand with them, ban for all RMTs, both sellers and buyers!
      people are free to spend their money where they want. SBI has no reason to duplicate payment on RMT.
      You actually have no idea whatsoever on what’s happening here do you. Try actually reading the thread before talking shit.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • I am not SBI just to make that clear, but I can give you a little bit of input at least.

      RMT is always punished with a permanent ban for multiple reasons. One of those is that it directly hurts SBI financially. Another is that RMT directly supports real life crime.

      Usually Silversellers use stolen creditcards or payment information to buy gold from the store, transform it into silver and then sell it further to other players for real life money.

      The effects of that are
      1. Real Money is being stolen from Real People.
      2. Those people charge back the money from SBI once (and if) they notice, so SBI gets hit with a not too small chargeback fee from their bank (-> SBI is losing money and has to pay for the damage)
      3. the money those sellers illegally earned from the silver buyers is still with them.

        That is called money laundering and is a crime for which you go to jail in most countries of the world. If anyone buys silver from those people they literally help these criminals directly by paying them

        So after this I hope that people understand why this is such an important topic and SBI can't go easy on it.

        You might have seen a similar strictness in other games as well, that is why.

        Please do not buy from silver/gold sellers. If you do, you pay to finance their crimes. That is not something I would want to live with. Aside of course from also hurting SBI with it at the same time.

        So yes, in this case, SBI does absolutely have the right as well as (in my opinion) the moral responsibility to enforce within their power that people do not do that.

        Also T&C §4.5.1 "Users are prohibited from selling, purchasing, renting, leasing, offering, accepting, disseminating or copying Virtual Benefits, including Virtual Currency, within and/or outside the Game - in whatever form – to/from third parties unless expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions or the Game Rules. An in game-system provided by the Game or by Sandbox Interactive to trade Virtual Benefits of the Game constitutes such an exception. In this case, the transfer of Virtual Benefits from one User to the other is only permitted if the transfer takes place - no matter if within or outside the Game – either without any form of consideration or with consideration if the consideration consists solely of Virtual Property or Virtual Currency of the Game and such is transferred within the Game itself or via a function provided by the Game. The acquisition of Virtual Benefits in exchange for any form of consideration other than Virtual Property or Virtual Currency of the Game is expressly prohibited. If the User trades or exchanges Virtual Benefits on a large scale without a comparable value obtained within the Game, then it is assumed that the User violates this rule. The User is entitled to provide counter-evidence."

        That means you directly violate the terms and conditions by using any other than Ingame currency to buy ingame benefits. just to clear that up. 100% justified to be banned.

        have a good day
    • The system is flawed big time, I lost my founders account because of winning a giveaway because I didn't buy or sell any silver but still lost my account due to RMT. I use to enter 30+ giveaways a week on people trying to get there discord going or yt etc and I won a few times, they really need to rework how they ban these so called RMTers I can image how many innocent people this affects people that support the game and do nothing wrong
    • Nesnes wrote:

      RMT is always punished with a permanent ban for multiple reasons. One of those is that it directly hurts SBI financially. Another is that RMT directly supports real life crime.


      Usually Silversellers use stolen creditcards or payment information to buy gold from the store, transform it into silver and then sell it further to other players for real life money.
      I wonder how people still manage to get their CC stolen and exploited in 2021 with tons of defense systems like MFA, banking apps, every single transaction confirmation mode etc.
    • Zumzat wrote:

      Nesnes wrote:

      RMT is always punished with a permanent ban for multiple reasons. One of those is that it directly hurts SBI financially. Another is that RMT directly supports real life crime.


      Usually Silversellers use stolen creditcards or payment information to buy gold from the store, transform it into silver and then sell it further to other players for real life money.
      I wonder how people still manage to get their CC stolen and exploited in 2021 with tons of defense systems like MFA, banking apps, every single transaction confirmation mode etc.
      This is just my take on it:

      Many people still don't use the highest grade security you can use (with 2-factor authentication etc.)

      They can still have their credit card in their wallet, have it stolen and you only need the information that is written on it to buy things on the internet.

      OR they could have only their information stolen, if they safe it in their browser or in some other way on the internet and then POOF! Virus or data breach on some website, and there you go.

      But that is exactly the point, people do notice and they have security, so once they find out that money has been spend they will contact their bank and have it refunded. And that is where it hit's SBI with a chargeback fee. But by the time all this has happened the laundered money is already with the wrong people.

      Which is why people need to be aware of this and to not support this by buying from silver sellers.

      Sadly even with all the security there is available these days, the biggest security risk is still the human itself. Us humans will give our personal data away to some sketchy delivery website for convenience instead of choosing the safer option via cash->paysafe->internet and even then things can go wrong in some way. Or we just loose our wallet somewhere and it takes some time to notice :/

      I agree that there is no need for this to happen, people COULD be smart about it and COULD take all the precautions necessary, but people will also make many sacrifices out of convenience and sometimes things just happen in life.

      It would be great if everyone used 2-step authentication like with Paypal before spending money on anything, but it is, as is everything, an inconvenience.

      :( so sadly this still happens and with the way transactions on the internet currently still work there is no way to prevent it 100%.

      Please everyone, take care of your credit card information, don't give it to random people or some sketchy website, use the options available to secure your data and your money. Keep your money where it belongs and where YOU want it to be.

      Ty <3


      ~ Nesnes