2,046 accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

    • ImaDoki wrote:

      If the system is automated why didnt it ban you, that received the silver from him?

      Do you really think it would be only 2000 if this was automated?

      They have tools to help them, but the bans are clearly analysed 1 by 1.
      I repeat it once more, I have been doing the same with the multiple accounts that I have for months ... it is an nonsense that from one week to another the only account to which I transferred silver from another of my accounts recently was banned, the only thing that could explain it is that a new system has been implemented for a very few days and I sincerely believe that this is what has happened ... a new, recent, automatic and indiscriminate ban system
    • In whatever case any of y'all may feel like you've been unfairly banned... I'd suspect reaching out to support with a clear case and evidence to support your claims would be the best approach to getting it resolved? I agree that -if- people are being banned unfairly due to automation or whatever other mistakes it's lame and should be fixed but complaining here, without it being resolved (one way or the other) isn't going to help.
    • lactroalter wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters to pay his premium so that he could can continue crafting with focus ... today I enter in that account and I realize that the account in which I put so much effort has been suddenly banned...

      Is there an answer in these cases?

      CassX wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters
      I do this maybe every week and more than a year, not for premium but for other reasons .. How come I don't have a ban? Because all the silver comes from the game / SBI shop? ... I'm not saying it won't be a mistake, but I don't really believe it. Stop supporting fucking RMT and you won't get a ban .. I know that SBI are not saints, they have "gray zones" in the rules, and I disagree with them on many things, but in this I stand with them, ban for all RMTs, both sellers and buyers!
      I said the above because I have many other accounts in which I have been doing exactly the same for almost 6 months, I have never made transactions that include third parties or any other ilegal action, that is why I do not understand why of all my accounts only this one was banned
      I've read somewhere yesterday in the ToS that if you transfer silver to alt is prohibited since they consider transferring silver to someone with no equivalent value is against ToS and they assume its RMT but its pretty confusing also since other says its fine even I saw a comment from a community manager here in the forum that's its fine to trade silver to alt but the others says otherwise
    • nyanpower wrote:

      I've read somewhere yesterday in the ToS that if you transfer silver to alt is prohibited since they consider transferring silver to someone with no equivalent value is against ToS and they assume its RMT but its pretty confusing also since other says its fine even I saw a comment from a community manager here in the forum that's its fine to trade silver to alt but the others says otherwise
      Can you share with us that statement in the Terms and Conditions so that we can clarify it for you?
    • nyanpower wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters to pay his premium so that he could can continue crafting with focus ... today I enter in that account and I realize that the account in which I put so much effort has been suddenly banned...

      Is there an answer in these cases?

      CassX wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters
      I do this maybe every week and more than a year, not for premium but for other reasons .. How come I don't have a ban? Because all the silver comes from the game / SBI shop? ... I'm not saying it won't be a mistake, but I don't really believe it. Stop supporting fucking RMT and you won't get a ban .. I know that SBI are not saints, they have "gray zones" in the rules, and I disagree with them on many things, but in this I stand with them, ban for all RMTs, both sellers and buyers!
      I said the above because I have many other accounts in which I have been doing exactly the same for almost 6 months, I have never made transactions that include third parties or any other ilegal action, that is why I do not understand why of all my accounts only this one was banned
      I've read somewhere yesterday in the ToS that if you transfer silver to alt is prohibited since they consider transferring silver to someone with no equivalent value is against ToS and they assume its RMT but its pretty confusing also since other says its fine even I saw a comment from a community manager here in the forum that's its fine to trade silver to alt but the others says otherwise

      Evas_Flarelight wrote:

      nyanpower wrote:

      I've read somewhere yesterday in the ToS that if you transfer silver to alt is prohibited since they consider transferring silver to someone with no equivalent value is against ToS and they assume its RMT but its pretty confusing also since other says its fine even I saw a comment from a community manager here in the forum that's its fine to trade silver to alt but the others says otherwise
      Can you share with us that statement in the Terms and Conditions so that we can clarify it for you?
      Regardless of which quote he is talking about, is it like that or not?

      Because if it is true, then that is even worse than some countries laws regarding money and profit transfer lololol.

      Of course there is a value if you give someone free silver, but you cant assume that is RMT.

      There are countless reasons that can justify transfering silver to another person that cant be proved not to be RMT, even tho they arent.

      Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

      Maybe a friend helped me in another game and now it is my time to pay back and give him premium? Or it is just a loan and he will pay me back when he can? Or he is just a good friend of mine and I know he cant afford premium and ill give him the money for it?

      Talking about premium, but it could be anything else.

      But well, if you ban people based on purchases with stolen credit cards ok, good job tracking the money and banning the buyer and seller, but if it was legit silver people should be able to do wtv they want with it.

      Plus, if you want to take it to the extreme, who tells me that streamers (or anyone else, just saying streamers because they have more visibility) that buy food and potions for 100000000 silver are not just RMTing with the perfect alibi?
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

      nyanpower wrote:

      I've read somewhere yesterday in the ToS that if you transfer silver to alt is prohibited since they consider transferring silver to someone with no equivalent value is against ToS and they assume its RMT but its pretty confusing also since other says its fine even I saw a comment from a community manager here in the forum that's its fine to trade silver to alt but the others says otherwise
      Can you share with us that statement in the Terms and Conditions so that we can clarify it for you?

      Evas_Flarelight wrote:

      Selling Silver for Real Currency is not allowed as mentioned in the Terms and Conditions.

      Terms and Conditions wrote:

      4.5 General Ruleset for Virtual Benefits

      4.5.1 Users are prohibited from selling, purchasing, renting, leasing, offering, accepting, disseminating or copying Virtual Benefits, including Virtual Currency, within and/or outside the Game - in whatever form – to/from third parties unless expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions or the Game Rules. An in game-system provided by the Game or by Sandbox Interactive to trade Virtual Benefits of the Game constitutes such an exception. In this case, the transfer of Virtual Benefits from one User to the other is only permitted if the transfer takes place - no matter if within or outside the Game – either without any form of consideration or with consideration if the consideration consists solely of Virtual Property or Virtual Currency of the Game and such is transferred within the Game itself or via a function provided by the Game. The acquisition of Virtual Benefits in exchange for any form of consideration other than Virtual Property or Virtual Currency of the Game is expressly prohibited. If the User trades or exchanges Virtual Benefits on a large scale without a comparable value obtained within the Game, then it is assumed that the User violates this rule. The User is entitled to provide counter-evidence.
      I'm now locking this thread to prevent any accusations and spam. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

      ~Evas_Flarelight
      "If the User trades or exchanges Virtual Benefits on a large scale without a comparable value obtained within the Game, then it is assumed that the User violates this rule. The User is entitled to provide counter-evidence."
      not directly stated they marked it as RMT but its pretty obvious when someone tries to trade someone with no value given back would be suspicious

      The post was edited 1 time, last by nyanpower ().

    • @nyanpower. Thanks for sharing that.

      It simply means that if you are exchanging or trading very large amounts of silver without any apparent comparable source for it in-game, then there's something there that's worth looking into. The statement does not say that you're not allowed to trade or give silver to your alts if you've earned the silver legitimately in-game.
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

      @nyanpower. Thanks for sharing that.

      It simply means that if you are exchanging or trading very large amounts of silver without any apparent comparable source for it in-game, then there's something there that's worth looking into. The statement does not say that you're not allowed to trade or give silver to your alts if you've earned the silver legitimately in-game.
      oh alright thanks for the clarification
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

      @nyanpower. Thanks for sharing that.

      It simply means that if you are exchanging or trading very large amounts of silver without any apparent comparable source for it in-game, then there's something there that's worth looking into. The statement does not say that you're not allowed to trade or give silver to your alts if you've earned the silver legitimately in-game.
      The thing is that one of my accounts which I use to craft was banned. I have been doing this method for a long time in order to be able to support my in-game expenses with my main account (pay for GvG equipment, regear ZvZ, etc). Since that time I transfer some silver between MY OWN ACCOUNTS so that I can keep them with premium and buy the crafting materials (a method used by many other players). It is because of the above that it surprises me so much that from one day to the next one of those accounts was banned and for worse the support team does not even inform me the specific reason (name of the accounts involved or situation in question) for which I was banned so i can be able to raise my justifications and not just tell me "you made an illegal transaction with third parties".
    • Aurin wrote:

      I have a hard time believing anyone claiming they got banned for trading their alt account 9m silver to pay for a premium.
      And rightfully so.
      There's an age-old saying that goes like this: when they catch you with a hand in someone else's pocket, always say it was not your hand.

      That's exactly the reason behind all these eye-watering tall tales spun by one-post accounts trying to convince us all that they were innocent.

      I firmly believe SBI has technical means to track any and all transactions between user accounts and see where the involved benefits come from - all the data is on their servers, after all - and they only ban those positively identified to obtain their wealth outside of the game. Moreover, the Terms and Conditions give any banned user the right to provide the evidence to support their innocence claim. If these folks had any such evidence, they would have cleared it out with Albion Online Support without the need to spin eye-watering forum tales in a vain hope to gain sympathy.

      You will not find any sympathy for these individuals in me... only disdain. There are so many legitimate users in Albion Online who work hard to obtain every single piece of silver... or legitimately pay for it, letting SBI develop the game and keep it and the community going strong. These folks don't care one bit about the game and the community. All they care about is lining their own pockets with real money made on trading virtual goodies scammed away from SBI. What happens if the game developer loses money this way? This hurts not only the game development, but the entire game community in the long run. Less money for the development = less hours spent on designing new things and improving existing ones, not to mention such basic things as server maintenance and upgrades. How many times did players complain about server issues and how many of these could have been remedied with the money that SBI lost to RMTers?

      Good job with those bans, SBI team :thumbup: You have my full and unwavering support. Banhammer these RMTers into oblivion. Every single one of them. We don't need their kind here.
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...
    • If any of you feel like they have been treated unfairly or got the wrong penalty you are always free to write a ticket to the support with any evidence or further information you have, they will look into it.

      Noone in this forum can help you with that, so it is better to ask the support directly than to discuss it here.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Nesnes ().

    • Zoream wrote:

      Juzten wrote:

      zzzzzz1998 wrote:

      my friend just join the game and spent over 2000dollars but yet still got banned today. is it possible that maybe he got a wrong banned?
      your friend needs a hobby 2k on a game he just started is just stupidity at it's finest
      I don't judge anyone on what they spend their cash on. But... I'm laughing rn.
      bruh like neither do I, but 2k on game like albion :'D clearly the dude needs his head checked :'D